Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Difference Btw Poly. And Uni.:my Views - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Difference Btw Poly. And Uni.:my Views (1246 Views)

Picture Of A Nairalander And Uni Agric Makurdi's Best Graduating Student / Research On Nigerian Poly HND And Uni Bsc/ba / Choosing Among Cranfield, Newcastle And Uni Of Aberdeen - Subsea Engineering. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Btw Poly. And Uni.:my Views by akinwunmi(m): 11:58pm On Apr 05, 2007
To Y'all

I am graduate of Computer Science of a Nigerian Polytechnic Laspotech.I worked in a mortgage bank as an ass. systems admin for over 2yrs(as an IT student).I had to stop cos i got admission into a Nig. Uni.

After registratn all stuffs.I was beaming with joy tht i am now an Undergraduate.With the mind set of a Polytechnic Student i had the thinking tht studying COmputer Science in a Uni is the Zing thing,but i was f.k wrong.I armed myself wiv books on CISCO,A+,N+, and some other computer science stuffs.

Guys those manuals and book are now lying dusty in my room @ HOME.Did you say WHY? well @ 100L we are doing Physics,Chemistry,Biology and 200L students are doing only one Comp. Course.

lemme stop here so i can hear your views then i will tell you more aiight.

Bottom LINE UNIVERSITIES SHOULD BE CONVERTED TO POLYTECHNICS

more to come
Re: Difference Btw Poly. And Uni.:my Views by ishmael(m): 7:16am On Apr 10, 2007
The difference is the Technical nature of the polytechnic curriculum which introduces students to the real or should i say Technical aspect of the course. The university curriculum is designed in such a way that students become more theoritical in their chosen fields. We expect university graduates in computer science to develop algorithms while the polytechnic graduates will code the algorithms for users to use in solving their problems.
Re: Difference Btw Poly. And Uni.:my Views by akinwunmi(m): 4:07pm On Apr 10, 2007
So which do you think student of this generation needs.Theory or practical
Re: Difference Btw Poly. And Uni.:my Views by ishmael(m): 6:00pm On Apr 10, 2007
akinwunmi:

So which do you think student of this generation needs.Theory or practical

We need both!! Theory must go with practicals; and practicals too must go with theory.
Re: Difference Btw Poly. And Uni.:my Views by omodave(m): 11:28pm On Dec 05, 2012
ishmael:

We need both!! Theory must go with practicals; and practicals too must go with theory.

Yes we really need both to compliment our effort
ishmael:

ishmael:

Re: Difference Btw Poly. And Uni.:my Views by omodave(m): 11:29pm On Dec 05, 2012
ishmael:

ishmael:

[quote author=ishmael]

(1) (Reply)

Bowen University - Some Questions! / When Is Pre Degree Unad Exams / Sbrs Funtua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.