Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Questions About New E-passport Application Process - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Questions About New E-passport Application Process (4205 Views)

President Jonathan Launches New E-passport / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines / Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions About New E-passport Application Process by Elaineh: 8:32am On Jul 11, 2010
Hello my people,

I have a couple questions regarding the process for acquiring a new e-passport. Can someone please help me answer them? I've read through two or three threads about getting the new passport but my questions haven't been addressed specifically. First of all, a little background. I have a passport (old/standard format) in my possession right now that is valid until Oct. 6, 2014 (renewed it in D.C. two years ago). I would continue using this passport since I have no immediate plans to travel outside of the U.S., but I read somewhere that after December of this year, the old passport will be completely phased out of use. I plan to visit Nigeria House in N.Y. some time this summer to get the e-passport and I've compiled a list of all the documents I'll need for the interview. My questions are about two of the docs. on this list: 1) a guarantor's form sworn to before a Commissioner of Oaths/Notary Public and 2) a police report in case of a lost passport.

With regards to the police report, I obviously haven't lost my passport so I shouldn't need it, but the Nigerian immigration site and the Nairaland threads I've read seem to imply otherwise - I guess I need to present the report at the time of interview so that in the event that I lose my new e-passport in the future, I won't need to pay the $350 penalty (?? Logically, this makes no sense to me and I don't think I can file a report for a document that is yet to go missing/be stolen). With regards to the guarantor's form, I read on another thread that the guarantor's form and I assume, its accompanying docs. (guarantor's driver's license and a photocopy of his/her Nigerian passport data page) are only necessary if you are applying for a passport for the first time. This isn't the first time I'm applying for a Nigerian passport but it is the first time I'm applying for the e-passport so, do I need it or do I not? Someone kindly advise.

Thanks! smiley
Re: Questions About New E-passport Application Process by segzeybaba(m): 9:01am On Jul 11, 2010
You dont need all dem documentation.
Just take your old MRP passport, payment notification slip and your money order, you will then be re-issue with the new E-passport, As easy as efo riro.
Re: Questions About New E-passport Application Process by coolier(f): 5:54pm On Jul 11, 2010
PUBLIC NOTICE

Passport Application Guideline

Notice: E-Passport is now $65.00

General Documents Required for Interview
Standard Passport

1. Birth Certificate/Age Declaration
2. Parents Letter of Consent for minor under 16 years
3. Marriage Certificate where applicable
4. Police report incase of a lost passport, $350.00(Money Order) penalty for loss of passport

http://www.nigeriahouse.com

I should think this is explanatory enough
Re: Questions About New E-passport Application Process by snowdrops(m): 6:33pm On Jul 11, 2010
segzeybaba:

You dont need all dem documentation.
Just take your old MRP passport, payment notification slip and your money order, you will then be re-issue with the new E-passport, As easy as efo riro.
is this from a first hand experience?
Re: Questions About New E-passport Application Process by Elaineh: 6:50pm On Jul 11, 2010
Thanks Coolier, that clarifies my question about the police report. Still not sure if I need a guarantor's form or not, ? I don't want to leave for NY with any document missing so as not to be subjected to any uneccessary rudeness and abuse, you know how Naija consulate staff can be. If anyone with first-hand experience can let me know more about the requirement for a guarantor I'd appreciate it.
Re: Questions About New E-passport Application Process by Elaineh: 8:27am On Jul 12, 2010
Pretty please? Can somebody help me here?
Re: Questions About New E-passport Application Process by justwise(m): 8:35am On Jul 12, 2010
Elaineh:

Thanks Coolier, that clarifies my question about the police report. Still not sure if I need a guarantor's form or not, ? I don't want to leave for NY with any document missing so as not to be subjected to any uneccessary rudeness and abuse, you know how Naija consulate staff can be. If anyone with first-hand experience can let me know more about the requirement for a guarantor I'd appreciate it.

You don't need police report or guarantor's form, segzeybaba says it all, those documents he listed there are all you need
Re: Questions About New E-passport Application Process by Elaineh: 6:03am On Jul 15, 2010
Justwise, are you sure? Have you personally gone for the e-passport interview?
Re: Questions About New E-passport Application Process by justwise(m): 9:03am On Jul 15, 2010
Elaineh:

Justwise, are you sure? Have you personally gone for the e-passport interview?

1010% sure, got my e-passport 4months ago.
Re: Questions About New E-passport Application Process by Elaineh: 9:34am On Jul 15, 2010
Ah okay, good to know! Thanks for your input smiley
Re: Questions About New E-passport Application Process by marco74(m): 3:41pm On Aug 29, 2010
does anyone know anything about the consular tours?like they should be in the delaware/pennsylvania area in september.If so how's that process like?Urgent info needed.Thanks
Re: Questions About New E-passport Application Process by lactemps(m): 8:01pm On Oct 19, 2011
If you ever have any problem filling out the Nigerian E-passport form or Guarantors form, please see this link for the step-by-step method.

[size=18pt]Nigerian E-passport Form and Guarantors Form[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Pictures:akpabio Doing The Talking through uncommon transformation / Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo / Post A Picture Of You Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.