Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,676 members, 7,801,950 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE (6536 Views)

Egbesu Militants Join Ipob Orders FG To Releases Kanu, Dasuki Within 7days / Egbesu Militants Give Muslims In Niger-Delta 7-Days To Leave / Egbesu Fraternity Claim Responsibility For Sapele Bombing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by MrFire: 2:53am On Jul 12, 2010
2011 Presidency:
Conduct elections and go –Niger Delta militants tell Jonathan
From Femi Folaranmi, Yenagoa
Monday, July 12, 2010

Goodluck
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section
A militant group, Joint Revolutionary Council (JRC), has warned that those nudging President Goodluck Jonathan to contest next year’s presidential election would ruin him.

According to the group, not every Niger Deltan wanted Jonathan to contest the 2011 presidential election, as many would prefer him to “just conduct credible elections and then leave the same way he came.”
The JRC, in a statement signed by Cynthia Whyte, said forces that wanted to manipulate a Third Term for former President Olusegun Obasanjo were at work in the Jonathan presidency.

While describing the forces as “diversionary, divisive and very distracting,” the group added that they were investing so much energy into the “Jonathan must run” project like the “Youths Earnestly Ask for Abacha” and Obasanjo’s Third Term campaign.
The JRC expressed disappointment that after he became President, Jonathan was yet to take a bold step on the development of Niger Delta.

It warned that unless Jonathan focused on allowing his presidency have a positive impact on the people of the Niger Delta, those calling on him to run for the presidency in 2011 would ruin him.
The statement reads in part: “Months after he assumed position as Acting President and then President of the Nigerian state, Jonathan is yet to make any bold move towards development in the Niger Delta. Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) continues to shortchange the people of the Niger Delta in the award of oversea scholarships for graduates and post graduates.

“Roads are not being awarded or contracted in the Niger Delta. Employment is not being created in the Niger Delta. The quality of political leadership in the Niger Delta is still very poor. So tell me, what value has a Jonathan presidency brought to the people of the Niger Delta?
With the coming of President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan, there was hope in certain quarters that the Niger Delta may get a far better deal. It is beginning to dawn on these people that it would certainly not be so. Apart from a deeply flawed amnesty programme that focuses on the rehabilitation of so-called ex-combatants and bandit elements from the creeks, nothing else is being done.

“There is belief in certain quarters that Yar’Adua was far more concerned in the development of the Niger Delta than Goodluck Jonathan. Spent forces who still seek relevance are bent on ruining Jonathan.
“Rather than correctly advise, guide and counsel Jonathan on how he can strengthen the course of development in the Niger Delta, these people have channeled all their energies into making noise and joining issues on whether Jonathan should run or whether zoning in PDP is real or not. The current trend amongst Southern politicians at the moment is to sing the ‘Jonathan Must Run’ swan song.”
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by MrFire: 2:54am On Jul 12, 2010
The two native names he has do not sound Ijaw
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Osama10(m): 3:03am On Jul 12, 2010
Does it matter where he comes from?
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by MrFire: 3:10am On Jul 12, 2010
Osama10:

Does it matter where he comes from?

Citizens deserve to know who their president really is. That is common sense.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by GAR3TH(m): 3:12am On Jul 12, 2010
not really. . .has long as he get the job done. . .I dont care were he came from
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by udezue(m): 3:14am On Jul 12, 2010
The two native names his has are clearly Igbo.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Osama10(m): 3:22am On Jul 12, 2010
Mr Fire:

Citizens deserve to know who their president really is. That is common sense.

I think as long as he is a Nigerian we should bother ourselves more with him doing the right thing instead of where he comes from?
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by MrFire: 3:32am On Jul 12, 2010
Osama10:

I think as long as he is a Nigerian we should bother ourselves more with him doing the right thing instead of where he comes from?

How do you know he is a Nigerian if you do not know (CLEARLY) where he comes from in Nigeria?
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by naijaking1: 3:36am On Jul 12, 2010
President G. Ebele Azikiwe J. , now that's news to me grin
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by One11: 3:40am On Jul 12, 2010
It doesn't really matter. until he reveals his real name, you or magically says he is another tribe then you will never know. Do take into consideration that the JRC is against him running as president( they are babangida's henchmen) so they may have added the whole throughout those of his t2o Igbo names just so people can think he is an undercover Igbo and derail his votes somehow. However  i believe the nigerian youths are too smart to fall for trick by Babangida.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by tpiah: 4:04am On Jul 12, 2010
his other middle name is azikiwe?

i think he should just drop english names and stick to the middle ones.

which names dey im birth certificate because na only ebele i hear before.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Becomrich0: 4:11am On Jul 12, 2010
The names do not show he is ijaw. Even when you hear him talk he does not talk like an ijaw man. His accent is more of an igbo man. Igbo people have a different accent. That i notice from when he talks. ijaw dont have that accent. His acccent is not an ijaw accent.  it is igbos who have that accent. that why he may be

I know Sun newspaper may know what we may not know.

Here is the governor of bayelsa state talking, he is an Ijaw man from his name.  He does not have that accent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DslTiMDZcOA

Even when you listen to Asari dokubo too. He does not have that accent.
he has an ijaw accent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Xf1xIuNUA

Listen to another Ijaw man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6DNf8AoI5k&NR=1

they dont have the accent Jonathan has.  

Why the sun newpaper is running the story too may be political. But I know in bayelsa state, an ethnics call Ekpeye people live at the border of bayelsa and river state. And he may come from there.

His accent is igbo and not ijaw , I would agree with you people on that.  When ijaw people speak, they  call fish with a sound funny. And they draw thier words, Jonathan does not do that, he sound more Igbo than Ijaw.

I have never come across an Ijaw man who does not show his ijaw name. I read online he is not ijaw but he that he is an Ekpeye man ( igbo)

But why should you people care at this moment if he is ijaw or igbo I want to know??
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by tpiah: 4:13am On Jul 12, 2010
jonathan does look ijaw though.

and it's true real ijaws have their ijaw names.

so we have a quandary here.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by MrFire: 4:30am On Jul 12, 2010
Not all Ijaws bear Ijaw names. I know tons of Ijaws with double English names and they are from places like Sagbama, kolokuma, opokuma, and Brass, all core Ijaw areas. What I am wondering abou are these two Igbo-like names he bears.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by tpiah: 4:31am On Jul 12, 2010
^^i said have ijaw names, regardless if its their first/last name or not.

have, not bear.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Nobody: 4:36am On Jul 12, 2010
How is the knowledge of his tribe going to help him in the election ad possibly his presidency?

Some ppl just to attain that knowledge to blame Nigeria's future problems on a set group of people/tribe.

Nigerians and their priorities.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Becomrich0: 4:41am On Jul 12, 2010
My online research point more to Him been an  Ekpeye man ( igbo) more than ijaw. But does it matter if he is an Ekpeye man ( igbo) to you. he sound igbo in accent and not ijaw.

Here are other ijaws talking on youtube, and you would see they do not have that same igbo  accent  that jonathan has. They all have ijaw accent.

My troope were Ijaw and  they never had igbo accent but ijaw accent.  But does it matter if he is an Ekpeye man ( igbo) to you.  why should you care,  i want to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_iLikH-FKQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J45yOmuYhxc&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMkgCageOmc&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KcjjmoYG-k&feature=related

Is accent may also be link with Living in port harcourt among Ikwerri people.

Jonathan is not from nembe .

Abagworo , there is no ethnics group call Ogbia, Ogbia is a local govt, it has Ijaw and Ekpeye people( igbo) in it. When Diepreye Alamieyeseigha had to pick a deputy governor, he must like did not pick Ijaw man because he was already Ijaw. So he picked Ekpeye man.

EzeUche there is no Eastern accent. Ijaw people have a different accent from Igbo people. And calabar people have a different accent from Igbo people.

Everybody in nigeria knows that. Fish is one of the word, you would use to know ijaw people.

My online search shows the Ekpeye people were very happy when he became governor of bayelsa state.

And Mumu Gee ( Ekpeye music star) is very close to Jonathan, When she made the her first album, she made sure to invite the most important Ekpeye man as chairman of the program. Who was Goodluck Jonathan. So the story that Jonathan is dating Mumu Gee is not correct, but she is only close to Jonathan became Jonathan is likely an ekpeye man ( igbo) ,mumu gee is an Ekpeye woman. And may have family link to Jonathan.

But why should Jonathan been an Ekpeye man( igbo) matter to you people.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Justcash(m): 4:42am On Jul 12, 2010
Let's say he is an Igbo man, and so? He can contest if he wants. As long as he has the potential to deliver, who cares?
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by tpiah: 4:46am On Jul 12, 2010
i hope all this stuff will end well sha.

chances are it wont.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by MrFire: 4:47am On Jul 12, 2010
When Obasanjo, Yaradua and Jonathan came to Igboland to campaign in 2006/07, Jonathan was reported to have informed the audience that his name is Ebele and that he was one of them (the audience). People did not take it seriously for two reasons:
1. Ebele could have meant something else in Ijaw
2. They probably thought he was playing the usual politics to win Igbo votes.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Becomrich0: 4:49am On Jul 12, 2010
ileke idi , where do you live.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Nobody: 4:51am On Jul 12, 2010
Mr Fire:

When Obasanjo, Yaradua and Jonathan came to Igboland to campaign in 2006/07, Jonathan was reported to have informed the audience that his name is Ebele and that he was one of them (the audience). People did not take it seriously for two reasons:
1. Ebele could have meant something else in Ijaw
2. They probably thought he was playing the usual politics to win Igbo votes.

Has he contradicted himself after that?

Or was the article based on just his name?

BTW, the article has NOTHING to do with your title
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Nobody: 4:52am On Jul 12, 2010
Becomrich0:

ileke idi , where do you live.
Becommrich, if you actually believe I'd answer this. . . then. . .
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by EzeUche(m): 4:55am On Jul 12, 2010
President Jonathan is an Ijaw.

However, he most likely does have Igbo ancestry though. But, it depends what he consider himself. If he thinks he is an Ijaw, then so be it. No biggie. undecided
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Osama10(m): 5:37am On Jul 12, 2010
Mr Fire:

How do you know he is a Nigerian if you do not know (CLEARLY) where he comes from in Nigeria?

No probs, you can carry on with your argument. grin
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by naijaking1: 8:23am On Jul 12, 2010
@Becomerich0
You maybe an expert on maps, but you're certainly not an expert on accents. I mean who has, what makes, and when accents are heard. You forgot that many of these Ijaw people attended the same high schools, and universities with other tribes of the former eastern Nigeria?
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by saintneo(m): 9:00am On Jul 12, 2010
all these peeps, what is your problem about igbo peeps? is jonathan really ijaw? is obama really black? is obama really white? maybe he is golden.

arguments and counter-arguments this is very terrible, lets look beyond tribes and focus getting nigeria working.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by saintneo(m): 9:01am On Jul 12, 2010
on accents, the typical ijaw accent is heavier than the typical igbo accents tongue
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Abagworo(m): 10:29am On Jul 12, 2010
this topic is rather silly.jonathan is from an ethnic group known as ogbia who are very much ijaw like izon,nembe and kalabari.their only differences lies in ancestory.jonathan is just neutral and those militants want him to be a president of ijaw instead of nigeria.i'm still surprised he is yet to start work aggressively on the east-west road.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by tpiah: 1:06pm On Jul 12, 2010
naijaking1:

@Becomerich0
You maybe an expert on maps, but you're certainly not an expert on accents. I mean who has, what makes, and when accents are heard. You forgot that many of these Ijaw people attended the same high schools, and universities with other tribes of the former eastern Nigeria?

so?
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by EzeUche(m): 1:10pm On Jul 12, 2010
President Jonathan has an Eastern accent, not some Ijaw accent which I never heard of. I used to have a similar accent which is common to people who lived in Port Harcourt.

Now my accent has changed due to living in the States for a while though.
Re: PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A BONAFIDE IJAW - EGBESU ORACLE by Beaf: 1:33pm On Jul 12, 2010
For the curious, Goodluck Jonathan is Ijaw from Nembe in Bayelsa. His father was a canoe maker, but the man has risen to become President (there really is God).
I've included a few pics of Nembe life and culture below;

War dance

A mask

A hut on Nembe creek

King of Nembe land

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Midnight Blast In Bauchi Was Caused By A Faulty Transformer - Police / KWSG Environmental Task Force Distributes Waste Bins To Markets / Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.