Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

How Long Have You Been Supporting Your Club? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Long Have You Been Supporting Your Club? (684 Views)

Is It Proper To Give Testimony In Church On Your Club Winning A Trophy? / Why Are You Supporting Your Club? / Making Millions By Just Supporting Your Choice Club Without Betting. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Have You Been Supporting Your Club? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 12, 2010
Oya, let's go down down memory lane.
Which club(s) do you support and for how long have you been suppporting them?
You may let us into teh circumstances that endeared you to the team.
Team here could be anywhere. From Abiola babes to Fenerbache to Ajax
Re: How Long Have You Been Supporting Your Club? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 12, 2010
From my little knowledge of Nigerian football following, I think Fabio Olanipekun, formerly of NTA, is one of earliest Nigerian supporters of foreign team. He has been a fan of Liverpool since the 1950s.

I also have an ex-boss that has been supporting Tottenham since 1979.
Mumini Alao and Qasim Alao of Completesports have been Liverpool supporters since mid-80s.

I started supporting Arsenal in 1999 with the signing of Kanu and Barcelona about the same time, when my favourite player then, Patrick Kluivert was there. My later favourite players (Ronaldinho and Eto'o) further strengthened my fanship of Barca.

On the local scene, I used to be a fan of a club called Okin United in Division 2 then being my town's FC. This was in the mid-90s. Later I supported Kwara bombers and followed them passionately until local league went into oblivion. Today, I don't even know the coach of Kwara United.
Re: How Long Have You Been Supporting Your Club? by DrKitaun(m): 11:48pm On Jul 12, 2010
Check for a similar earlier thread.
Re: How Long Have You Been Supporting Your Club? by makajibbz(m): 6:50am On Jul 13, 2010
since i was ten years old!
Re: How Long Have You Been Supporting Your Club? by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 13, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Check for a similar earlier thread.
NL encyclopedia, grin
Has this been discussed here b4? Wiill check.
Re: How Long Have You Been Supporting Your Club? by Iyineda(m): 10:48am On Jul 13, 2010
Manchester United - 2003.
Re: How Long Have You Been Supporting Your Club? by makajibbz(m): 11:09am On Jul 13, 2010
Iyineda:

Manchester United - 2003.
Lovely!!! were are on the same page!!! cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: How Long Have You Been Supporting Your Club? by mbulela: 11:22am On Jul 13, 2010
I will not state the club i support, so that my views in subsequent threads will not be subjected to accusations of bias.
It is an EPL club and i have supported them since 1990.
My passion is waning (for the game generally) but their is no replacement for a first love.
Re: How Long Have You Been Supporting Your Club? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 13, 2010
Nice one
Re: How Long Have You Been Supporting Your Club? by blacksta(m): 12:54pm On Jul 13, 2010
Arsenal - around 1995 loyal to core even when we are not winning
Re: How Long Have You Been Supporting Your Club? by AjanleKoko: 3:48pm On Jul 13, 2010
Started supporting Barcelona as a team in '86.
Then nobody had access to La Liga games in Naija, so I relied on BBC Sports Round Up on AM radio to catch up with the team and their players.
Started watching them regularly via cable (what we now know as free-to-air) in '92, the year they won the first Champs League.

Joined them as a card-carrying international member in 2002.
Re: How Long Have You Been Supporting Your Club? by jaybee3(m): 3:53pm On Jul 13, 2010
Man u since '95
King Cantona rocks grin grin grin
Re: How Long Have You Been Supporting Your Club? by AndreUweh(m): 7:56pm On Jul 13, 2010
Chelsea since 1995, when Ruud Gullit joined the club.
Re: How Long Have You Been Supporting Your Club? by EmmyBoy2(m): 11:18pm On Jul 17, 2010
I've been a Gunners fan since the days of Nicholas Anelka in that club
Re: How Long Have You Been Supporting Your Club? by bawomolo(m): 3:00am On Jul 18, 2010
arsenal since 99
Re: How Long Have You Been Supporting Your Club? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 18, 2010
bawomolo:

arsenal since 99
mate

(1) (Reply)

Ten African Footballers With A Social Conscience / Siasia Seals Deal Tuesday !! / Racing: List Of Nigerian Airfields

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.