Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,769 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? (3064 Views)

Poll: Can he suceed?

Yes: 79% (31 votes)
No: 20% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

El Classico/ Mou Press Conference. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by v3: 5:01pm On Jul 12, 2010
NOT many like him
Few wish to be like him
Whichever side you choose to take, you can't help but admire his charisma, prowess & mental strength.

Jose Mourinho was relatively an unknown figure in Football till a certain Porto won the Champions League in 2004. Tongues were wagging, eyes kept staring. . wondering how he'd been able to accomplish such a feat with the Portugese side.

Before leaving for England & Chelsea, Mourinho won the second Champions League title for Porto in 2004 as well as the Portuguese league title (the first for Porto in four years). With the Portuguese side he also won one UEFA Cup, one Cup of Portugal and one Portuguese Super Cup. 

During his time at Stamford Bridge, he won 6 trophies in all. . gave Chelsea their first league title in 50years. He energized the premiership with his 'attitude' and 'management', didn't see eye-to-eye with most coaches and flirted with the press on many occasions.

A few problems saw him part ways with the Stamford Bridge club and he moved to Italy to manage Serie A giants. . INTER MILAN.In his VERY first season at Inter at Inter Milan, The Special One won the Scudetto & the Italian Super Cup. In 2009/10 season, Mourinho guided Inter Milan to it's first EVER UCL in 45 years, they won a treble the same season.

Now the BIG question is. . With the Galaxy of stars at his disposal, Can Jose Mourinho bring back the glory days of Real Madrid, like Del Bosque did?
Re: Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by chelseabmw(m): 9:23am On Jul 13, 2010
another dumb question
Re: Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by tayoast(m): 11:38am On Jul 13, 2010
^^ cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by ayodapo(m): 11:58am On Jul 13, 2010
He'll definately meet with his loo in La liga, a more competitive league. As much as I like his personalty he'snot comoing to overun my favourite team Barcelona!
Re: Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by adexchamp(m): 12:02pm On Jul 13, 2010
I tipped Mourinho to be successful in the la liga,even though he might find it difficult in the first season but as time goes on he will surely deliver his magic.
Re: Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by v3: 12:06pm On Jul 13, 2010
chelseabmw:

another dumb question
You know, it's a YES or NO question & you could also walk away, instead of making yourself look stupid. SMH sad
Re: Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by blankees(m): 12:20pm On Jul 13, 2010
ayodapo:

He'll definately meet with his loo in La liga, a more competitive league. As much as I like his personalty he'snot comoing to overun my favourite team Barcelona!

@ayodapo u dey abi? Mourinho is a winner and am sure he'll prove dis too in Madrid.
Re: Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by CarlosVent(m): 12:30pm On Jul 13, 2010
madrid might b his mistake
Re: Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by PurestBoy(m): 12:37pm On Jul 13, 2010
With Iniesta and Xavi and probably Fabregas palying behind Messi & David Villa, I doubt if Mou will succeed
Re: Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by idifu(m): 1:12pm On Jul 13, 2010
Mou is ok but he is not as special as you guys think
Re: Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by lourash(m): 1:47pm On Jul 13, 2010
simple thing, ask the octopus,

grin
Re: Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by mojounited(m): 1:47pm On Jul 13, 2010
@OP'

This is what most fans don't understand; they still don't get it. I'm no Mou fan (I'm a Red devil) but he's the special one, his records speak for itself - has won the domestic titles in each league in his first season at any club (Porto, Chelsea, Inter) he has manged/coached.

If and only if Mou fails to lift the La Liga/UCL trophy in his first season at the Bernabeau but given another chance (I doubt cos of Real's mentality of booting their managers after a disappointing first season) to still be in charge of Real M. in his second season, he'll definitely and certainly win La Liga and/or UCL. Mou at Madrid will give Barcelona a run for their money and La Liga will get really exciting with all the controversial news  cheesy

Let the seasonal games begin already, smiley
Re: Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by mikeoscar: 1:48pm On Jul 13, 2010
With Iniesta and Xavi and probably Fabregas palying behind Messi & David Villa, I doubt if Mou will succeed

He is going to Madrid Not Barca dude.
Re: Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by unclebros: 1:48pm On Jul 13, 2010

Who told you Fabregas is going to Barca. Fab aint going nowhere at least not this season
Re: Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by mikeoscar: 1:55pm On Jul 13, 2010
Mourinho will succeed in Madrid. The only Major challenge He will have is finding the balance between keeping the Madrid traditional free flowing football with a porous defence on one hand  and a brickwall of defence, a conservative midfield and a[b] trifty attack [/b].

He loves challenges, so it will be interesting to see how He turns things around there. If I know Mou He's going to first stamp himself in Madrid and gradually start making them play to His strategy. The guy's got swagger grin
Re: Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by lourash(m): 2:02pm On Jul 13, 2010
the only thing Mou has to do to win the league in his first season is just to beat barca, and if there is anyone to do that its only mou that can beat them even when they are at the top of their game no matter who they parade david villa, iniesta or xavi, he will suceed no doubt,,mind u madrid lost the league last season just cos they lost to barca . champion 's league is another thing i can't guarantee for the special one,
Re: Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by chakula: 2:17pm On Jul 13, 2010
He can't because la liga is unpredictable link compare to the other links arround the world,but sha let the tournament begin and we shall see.
Re: Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:28pm On Jul 13, 2010
ayodapo:

oh so a league with all the best players in 2 clubs, with 20 plus points between the top 2 and the rest of the league, the league with only two winners in the last 8 years is now a more competitive league? a league where a freshly assembled team ended the season 2 points behind the long established winners is competitive?
a league where the top will ALWAYS beat the others and rely on who wins elclasico to win the league is more competitive?

LORD JESUS!!!
Re: Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by OAM4J: 2:30pm On Jul 13, 2010
ayodapo:

How more competitive is La Liga compared to the Premiership when he took on Chelsea?

Am not one of his fans, but he is a 1st class coach. He most likely will make a difference at Madrid.
Re: Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by sayso: 2:48pm On Jul 13, 2010
he will fail,cause the fans will want beautiful football,not karate kind of game for dear darling Real Madrid.
Re: Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by DereI(f): 3:27pm On Jul 13, 2010
Definately he will. Remember, he is 'THE' one. The ONLY one. He has done his magic right from chelsea to Inter milan and he will continue to do it even as he's now in Real Madrid. He dey kampe as he has always been. So do not under estimate him. Mourihno is the man! He is da bomb!!
Re: Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by Kx: 3:39pm On Jul 13, 2010
Thank God JM is in madrid now.Madrid is back to those good old days of winning trophies
Re: Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by trusted(m): 3:58pm On Jul 13, 2010
Mourinho, He come to Laliga to tackle Barcelona Supremacy, then let see who the best is. BARCA 4 LIVE
Re: Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by denzel2009: 4:40pm On Jul 13, 2010
They have been saying he wouldn't be able to do it at every club he has been. It might even end up being the easiest for him.
Re: Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by AjanleKoko: 5:29pm On Jul 13, 2010
I think he can do something. At the very least, he had better win the league, or else he's out at the end of the season.
He's good but I fear he might be getting overused. I believe he is capable though.
Re: Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by VUVUZELA10: 6:13pm On Jul 13, 2010
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. Jose Mourinho is a winner anytime. He will, as usual, bring glamour and excellence to La Liga. La Liga is the in thing. Up Jose.
Re: Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by kobikwelu(m): 6:18pm On Jul 13, 2010
with those lazy pricks!!!!!

never!!!!!

till he gets serious players and discards all those primadonas
Re: Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by goodass(m): 6:52pm On Jul 13, 2010
that's if Real President gives him free hand, ask pellegrini. Evn capello was booted for not playing 'attractive' football despite winning the La Liga. the La Liga is sure gonna be hottt ds season, i just cant wait!
Re: Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by denzel2009: 6:56pm On Jul 13, 2010
kobikwelu:

with those lazy pricks!!!!!

never!!!!!

till he gets serious players and discards all those primadonas

I think he is one of the few Managers that could manage players with big egos.
Re: Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by kobikwelu(m): 7:16pm On Jul 13, 2010
^^^^^^^

its not about managiing big egos, its about bringing in the right type of hardworking players,

most of them real players tink attack attack and wait for the back two to do all the defending, very lazy and self absorbed,

they dont press, they just stroll,

i said , he can do it, but there has to be a mass purge
Re: Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by phreakabit(m): 7:23pm On Jul 13, 2010
I think he is one of the few Managers that could manage players with big egos.

LOL, When you say "big egos",I cant help but laugh thinking you meant big D!cks, muhahaha, Oh,back to the topic
Gonna be a tight competition this season barca's getting a stronger attack and madrids getting a stronger deffence and a defence minded coach too.so its going to be a real fight to the finish.
Re: Can Mou Work His Magic At Madrid? by scantee(m): 7:27pm On Jul 13, 2010
JM keeeeeee Barca is going to end his career as a coach. i cant wait for next season.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arsenal Signs Deal With Malta Guinness Nigeria / Bayern Munich Vs Werder Bremen (4 - 1) On Sat 3rd December 2011 / Never Been Relegated La Liga Clubs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.