Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

How Can I Deploy Applications Create In Vb.net - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Can I Deploy Applications Create In Vb.net (2528 Views)

How Do I Deploy An Application So Dat It Wl Start On System Booting / Fingerprint Authentication In Vb.net Application / How To Deploy Application With Access Database In Vb.net 2008 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Deploy Applications Create In Vb.net by Aliyasimam: 10:48am On Jul 13, 2010
Hello Fans,

I have just started using vb.net and i found it very efficient application for creating windows application. But the problem i have face is that, i just recently create software for one pharmacy, fully completed but when i came to deploy the application so that it can be installed on any compatible system that was where i hit the rock. Please help me on how to deploy this application.
Re: How Can I Deploy Applications Create In Vb.net by BigStar1(m): 11:08am On Jul 13, 2010
Click on project menu > properties

in the dialog box, set your application and publish it.

Cheers!!!
Re: How Can I Deploy Applications Create In Vb.net by nugayem: 4:05pm On Jul 13, 2010
this can be of help 2 u.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k3bb4tfd(VS.80).aspx
Re: How Can I Deploy Applications Create In Vb.net by nugayem: 4:13pm On Jul 13, 2010
Re: How Can I Deploy Applications Create In Vb.net by bigafees: 4:00pm On Jul 20, 2010
Please N'lander,

questn 1: i'm trying to search for record in my Database usiing vb.net OLedb , but it's complaining of datatype mismatch in criterial expression at line
no 10 & 11

questn 1: At line no 18, how can i load picture of the person i'M searching for back on my picturebox from database?

1 Dim sqlstr As String, inp As String
2. strConnection = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
3 "Data Source=C:\Users\Ademola\Desktop\Oledb Connection\coop.mdb"
4 objConnection = New OleDbConnection(strConnection)
5 objConnection.Open()

6 inp = InputBox("Enter Oracle No"wink
7 sqlstr = "Select * from reg Where oracle='" & inp & "'"
8 objCmd.CommandText = sqlstr
9 objCmd.Connection = objConnection
10 dr = objCmd.ExecuteReader
11 dr.Read()
12 txtoracle.Text = dr.GetString(0)
13 txtmrn.Text = dr.GetString(1)
14 txtname.Text = dr.GetString(2)
15 txtha.Text = dr.GetString(3)
16 dp1.Text = dr.GetString(4)
17 cmbsex.Text = dr.GetString(5)
18 ' pic.Image = (dr.GetString(7))
19 dr.Close()

End Sub
Re: How Can I Deploy Applications Create In Vb.net by Kobojunkie: 1:21am On Jul 21, 2010
You need to figure out exactly what is stored in column 8 below . .
You cannot cast a String to an Image. . . .

pic.Image = dr.GetString(7)

If, you have a bytes there in column 7, then you probably want to Ctype it appropriately to Image type. Else if you have a string that is an address to an actual image on your drive somewhere, then what you want to do is create an image object with that info

Also, try to avoid doing this

txtoracle.Text = dr.GetString(0) 

I know it is easy to, knowing the current structure of the table in question, assume that doing this is ok, but any changes to the order of the columns would likely cause  you to also need to change and recompile your code as well.

(1) (Reply)

Which Is The Best Programming Language To Learn? / Cout << "c++ Here I Come"; / Lean How To Hack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.