Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,065 members, 7,807,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Should Kidnappers Be Killed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Kidnappers Be Killed (5791 Views)

Poll: Should kidnappers be given death sentence?

Yes: 71% (15 votes)
No: 28% (6 votes)
Indifferent: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Fani-kayode To Tinubu:I’m Not Funsho Williams, I Cannot Be Killed Like A Chicken / Shekau Before He Was Killed?: Did He Have To Be Killed? / TB Joshua Prophesied That Children Would Be Killed In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Ak4ril(m): 11:45am On Jul 13, 2010
Regarding the incessant attacks by kidnappers in the East and South-South, do you support "DEATH" as a penalty for any kidnapper that is caught.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by philip0906(m): 11:53am On Jul 13, 2010
no!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Ak4ril(m): 12:16pm On Jul 13, 2010
Why? although, I think they shouldn't be killed, because, the thieves in power that are stealing our money and disgracing Nigeria as a whole are not sentenced to death
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Ak4ril(m): 12:19pm On Jul 13, 2010
but come to think of it, don't you think if nothing is done about this, it may turn into a big problem. who knows, it might spread to Lagos & other cities, kidnapping innocent people.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by snowdrops(m): 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2010
It is already a big problem. I hundred percent absolutely agree. They should be executed by hanging
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by snowdrops(m): 12:22pm On Jul 13, 2010
@ poster

maybe you should add a poll as well
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 13, 2010
kill em all
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by philip0906(m): 12:31pm On Jul 13, 2010
Posted by: snowdrops  
Insert Quote
It is already a big problem. I hundred percent absolutely agree. They should be executed by hanging

before they r executed won't they be arrested first?and who will do d arresting?our useless policemen who don't know what a machine gun looks like and who all delight in collecting 20 naira than protecting d populace?mind u,many policemen r now in this "lucrative' business especially in d east. . .
BTW,KIDNAPPING HAS COME 2 STAY IN NIGERIA. . .boys r angry
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by snowdrops(m): 12:35pm On Jul 13, 2010
philip0906:

before they r executed won't they be arrested first?and who will do d arresting?our useless policemen who don't know what a machine gun looks like and who all delight in collecting 20 naira than protecting d populace?mind u,many policemen r now in this "lucrative' business especially in d east. . .
BTW,KIDNAPPING HAS COME 2 STAY IN NIGERIA. . .boys r angry

Both the kidnappers and the police men that aid and abet them should all be executed by hanging. They should die slowly and painfully by hanging or lethal injection.
Until a zero tolerance approach is used this menace will not stop.

If you guys use corrupt politician as justification for kidnapping then thats the most sad excuse.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by philip0906(m): 12:46pm On Jul 13, 2010
snowdrops
Both the kidnappers and the police men that aid and abet them should all be executed by hanging. They should die slowly and painfully by hanging or lethal injection.
Until a zero tolerance approach is used this menace will not stop.

If you guys use corrupt politician as justification for kidnapping then thats the most sad excuse.
I get ur point snowdrops. . .but we r reaping what we sowed. .what is happening now is just like a time bomb,waiting 2 explode. . .with d way nigeria had been going over d years,we did not even need a soothsayer 2 tell what will happen in d immediate future. . .this country I'm sorry 2 say,is almost a failed state where lawlessness is now d order of d day(police killing civilians,house of reps members fighting,billions getting missing and unaccounted 4,corruption every where) and dats what is happening. . .
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by kay9(m): 12:52pm On Jul 13, 2010
philip0906:

no!!!  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Ak4ril:

Why? although, I think they shouldn't be killed, because, the thieves in power that are stealing our money and disgracing Nigeria as a whole are not sentenced to death

I think people are still going around this "marginalized and pushed-to-the-wall" image of a kidnapper; i tell you, it ain't true anymore.

Gone are the days when these criminals kidnapped for righteous cause, now all they want is money. Go down to Aba in Abia State if you dare; if you can drive from Osisioma bus-stop to Asa-nnetu market along the Expressway without getting kidnapped, then your stars must be really shining. They don't even care or discriminate who they kidnap now - politicans, lawyers, enigineers, oil-workers, traders, market-women, students, pastors - it don't matter no more. And if you are so unlucky to get nabbed and not have some sizeable amount of money somewhere, then its RIP for you.

If y'all think i'm exaggerating, just call anyone you know living in or close to Aba and ask him/her yourself. People living in P.H (like myself) now give that town a very wide berth. Better safe than sorry.

I think the death-penalty should be enforced on the crime. I can't think any other way of discouraging these hardened criminals.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by snowdrops(m): 12:57pm On Jul 13, 2010
May God bless the first governor that passes the death penalty law
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by philip0906(m): 1:02pm On Jul 13, 2010
Kay9
I think people are still going around this "marginalized and pushed-to-the-wall" image of a kidnapper; i tell you, it ain't true anymore.

Gone are the days when these criminals kidnapped for righteous cause, now all they want is money. Go down to Aba in Abia State if you dare; if you can drive from Osisioma bus-stop to Asa-nnetu market along the Expressway without getting kidnapped, then your stars must be really shining. They don't even care or discriminate who they kidnap now - politicans, lawyers, enigineers, oil-workers, traders, market-women, students, pastors - it don't matter no more. And if you are so unlucky to get nabbed and not have some sizeable amount of money somewhere, then its RIP for you.

If y'all think i'm exaggerating, just call anyone you know living in or close to Aba and ask him/her yourself. People living in P.H (like myself) now give that town a very wide berth. Better safe than sorry.

I think the death-penalty should be enforced on the crime. I can't think any other way of discouraging these hardened criminals.
dats y I said we  are reaping what we sowed. . .when d leaders should have put this country in shape,they were and are still embezzling billions of our money with impunity,so what is happening now,is should not be strange 2 us. . .a country with evil and corrupt leaders,will surely have corrupt and evil "citizens" there is no 2 ways about that
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by EzeUche(m): 1:03pm On Jul 13, 2010
Yes
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 13, 2010
Ive been thinking about this issue and I think it won't be a bad idea at all.

snowdrops:

@ poster

maybe you should add a poll as well

Seconded!!
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 13, 2010
No! if rapist are not been killed why kidnappers?
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by snowdrops(m): 1:27pm On Jul 13, 2010
rokiatu:

No! if despoiler are not been killed why kidnappers?
i think you mean rapi.sts. They are as repugnant as kidnappers. I doubt if the death sentence is not an option for rapists
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by MrFire: 1:29pm On Jul 13, 2010
Regarding the incessant attacks by kidnappers in the East and South-South, do you support "DEATH" as a penalty for any kidnapper that is caught.

Point of correction:

Kidnapping is everywhere in Nigeria, particularly southern Nigeria. You ignore this fact at your own peril. Stop giving false hope that other parts of the country are safe from kidnappers.

@Topic: Yes, they should be killed. I recommend even no waste of public funds on trials for those caught pants down with their victims
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by philip0906(m): 1:36pm On Jul 13, 2010
Mr fire
Point of correction:

Kidnapping is everywhere in Nigeria, particularly southernern Nigeria. You ignore this fact at your own peril. Stop giving false hope that other parts of the country are safe from kidnappers.

@Topic: Yes, they should be killed. I recommend even no waste of public funds on trials for those caught pants down with their victims
c how nigerians can be?all those politicians who kill,maim and embezzle public funds r not put on d frontline but some "urchins" who have seized d oppurtunity of "lawlessness" in d country should be killed?we don't know what our problems r in this country. . .
KIDNAPPING HAS COME 2 STAY
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by MrFire: 1:40pm On Jul 13, 2010
philip0906:

c how nigerians can be?all those politicians who kill,maim and embezzle public funds r not put on d frontline but some "urchins" who have seized d oppurtunity of "lawlessness" in d country should be killed?we don't know what our problems r in this country. . .
KIDNAPPING HAS COME 2 STAY

This topic is about kidnappers. So my argument is limited to that. However, if you ask me, I have the same feeling for political thieves (kill them off), although they only steal from you and do not threaten (directly) your life as do kidnappers (who threaten/take lives as well as take your money in the name of ransom)
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 13, 2010
If the kidnappers kill their victims, then yes.

If not, why should we kill them? Kidnapping is not the most offensive crime in Naija.

Looting is, those beady eyes politicians should be killed. Ko si option number 2 fun won
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by dolu2007(m): 2:11pm On Jul 13, 2010
[size=14pt]Life sentence may be an option[/size]

Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by snowdrops(m): 3:19pm On Jul 13, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

If not, why should we kill them? Kidnapping is not the most offensive crime in Naija.

Looting is, those beady eyes politicians should be killed. Ko si option number 2 fun won
Whether they kill their victim or not, it is a crime that is causing wide spread panic and insecurity in the country. It threatens the existence of Nigeria and this brutality has to be countered with force it deserves.

Death penalty for kidnappers end of.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by jamace(m): 3:26pm On Jul 13, 2010
Frankly speaking, in my present  mood of bottled anger and bitterness against the maladministration of our leaders, I don't know whether to praise or condemn these kidnappers. All I can say is that when leadership fails, the society checks itself by other means, either formally or informally.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by philip0906(m): 3:28pm On Jul 13, 2010
jamace:

Frankly speaking, in my present mood of bottled anger and bitterness against the maladministration of our leaders, I don't know whether to praise or condemn these kidnappers. All I can say is that when leadership fails, the society checks itself by other means, either formally or informally.
GBAM!!!!dats wat some peeps here fail 2 understand. . .
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 13, 2010
jamace:

Frankly speaking, in my present mood of bottled anger and bitterness against the maladministration of our leaders, I don't know whether to praise or condemn these kidnappers. All I can say is that when leadership fails, the society checks itself by other means, either formally or informally.

i see. . .the state of things in abia is society checking itself, not so ?

i think some people need to have their family members kidnapped - then all these romantic delusions about kidnappers being some sort of scarelet pimpernels will disappear.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by snowdrops(m): 3:45pm On Jul 13, 2010
jamace:

Frankly speaking, in my present  mood of bottled anger and bitterness against the maladministration of our leaders, I don't know whether to praise or condemn these kidnappers. All I can say is that when leadership fails, the society checks itself by other means, either formally or informally.

So should we all arm ourselves and run into the streets slaughtering the first person in sight?
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by mrperfect(m): 3:45pm On Jul 13, 2010
I think they should be alighting and educated, couple by government creating jobs, also with good infrastructure to encourage entraprenuership kidnapping will die naturally.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by snowdrops(m): 3:48pm On Jul 13, 2010
mrperfect:

I think they should be alighting and educated, couple by government creating jobs, also with good infrastructure to encourage entraprenuership kidnapping will die naturally.
good suggestions, but these will prove effective long term. in the interim, an aggressive dimension needs to be explored to stem this spate
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by tamme: 3:50pm On Jul 13, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

smiley
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by jamace(m): 3:54pm On Jul 13, 2010
i see. . .the state of things in abia is society checking itself, not so ?

i think some people need to have their family members kidnapped - then all these romantic delusions about kidnappers being some sort of scarelet pimpernels will disappear

Why are you mentioning Abia State only? Are you a stranger in Nigeria?

So should we all arm ourselves and run into the streets slaughtering the first person in sight?
Are the kidnappers going after the first person in sight?.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by mrperfect(m): 3:58pm On Jul 13, 2010

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gov. Yuguda Fires 6,000 Political Appointees / 10 Killed, 15 Injured By Fulani Herdsmen In Nasarawa / The Buhari Cabal!! Names, Pictures, Profiles of men dragging Nigeria Backward.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.