Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

The Beauty Of Post Paid Over Pre Paid Services - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Beauty Of Post Paid Over Pre Paid Services (5640 Views)

Any Know Current Glo Pre-paid 3g Packages Rate / How Can I Change From Mtn Post Paid To Pre Paid / Pre-paid Phone Credit Fraudsters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Beauty Of Post Paid Over Pre Paid Services by cecegorz(m): 2:17pm On Jul 13, 2010
I have wondered why is it that people shy away from post paid services even when the advantages far outweigh the pre paid services?
I have been on Post paid since march '08 and it's been awesome. Imagine you never find yourself in a situation of trying to load a card to no end, or getting cut off on a call because of low credit?

Is it just plain ignorance or something else?
Re: The Beauty Of Post Paid Over Pre Paid Services by labiz001: 2:21pm On Jul 13, 2010
I believe its due to irregular cash flow, an example of poverty level.
Re: The Beauty Of Post Paid Over Pre Paid Services by honsule(m): 2:33pm On Jul 13, 2010
cecegorz:

Is it just plain ignorance or something else?

It is a case of all fingers are not equal.
Have u ever wonder why majority of Nigerians don't own a Car?
Re: The Beauty Of Post Paid Over Pre Paid Services by cecegorz(m): 2:49pm On Jul 13, 2010
honsule:

It is a case of all fingers are not equal.
Have u ever wonder why majority of Nigerians don't own a Car?

That's exactly the point brou, the comparism is purely illusional, i have folks that burn between 5-10k monthly on pre-paid and they never consider post paid, truth is that you can actually spend far less than that on post paid because the tarriff is cheaper
Re: The Beauty Of Post Paid Over Pre Paid Services by Kx: 2:52pm On Jul 13, 2010
If u have no assured and steady cashflow, will u do post paid?
Re: The Beauty Of Post Paid Over Pre Paid Services by GoldCircle: 5:24pm On Jul 13, 2010
@op, I am amazed at the way you think! Every one cant possibly be a post paid customer!

Haba! Besides, the companies don't offer the package to every Tom, Dick & Yakubu. In some cases I understand the customer has to make a deposit!
Re: The Beauty Of Post Paid Over Pre Paid Services by cecegorz(m): 10:18am On Jul 14, 2010
GoldCircle:

@op, I am amazed at the way you think! Every one cant possibly be a post paid customer!

Haba! Besides, the companies don't offer the package to every Tom, manliness & Yakubu. In some cases I understand the customer has to make a deposit!

Its that amazement that i actually want to dispel from peoples mind. I bet you that every Tom, Manliness and Yakubu that has an income account can access the post paid service and save a sizeable part of the income they waste on buying recharge cards, and possibly save themselves from the frustrations in loading them sometimes.
Offcourse am not talking about students and job hunters here. Any body that uses up to 3k monthly on the average will be better off on post paid from my reckoning.

I had a recent experience that really prompted this poser, i decided to go on a one month strike because they were not sending me bills on-line as i instructed them ( they were busy sending by mail to my former address). So i started using recharge cards for that one month, by the time the month ended, i found out i had loaded almost 3x my usual monthly usage average. Nobody told me to retrace.
Re: The Beauty Of Post Paid Over Pre Paid Services by puskin: 12:36am On Jul 15, 2010
Everyone cant be on post-paid. . . . . . cos U can't control ur spending spree/pattern on r-cards doesn't mean others can't.
Re: The Beauty Of Post Paid Over Pre Paid Services by cecegorz(m): 3:40pm On Jul 28, 2010
^^^^^
Its not about controlling here, brou.

If you use up to 3k normally on a monthly basis, you're better off on Post paid.
Re: The Beauty Of Post Paid Over Pre Paid Services by chikejude(m): 4:44am On Jul 30, 2010
Post paid is great but not for everybody .
Re: The Beauty Of Post Paid Over Pre Paid Services by cecegorz(m): 11:15am On Jul 30, 2010
Another thing i enjoy about this service is the VIP treatment i get anytime i visit any of their customer care centres. Even if there are 100 people on the cue, once i show my profile as a postpaid client, i get ushered in straight, because there will always be a very few of such.

chikejude:

Post paid is great but not for everybody .
Please o how do i get my bills to be e-mailed to me

I must confess they've been crappy about that. Maybe its because i started off with physical address. But as a new user, you can start off with email option while filling the forms.
Re: The Beauty Of Post Paid Over Pre Paid Services by damuseron(m): 1:25pm On Aug 02, 2010
so can someone feed us the available post-paid packages and tariffs per network?
Re: The Beauty Of Post Paid Over Pre Paid Services by jaysay(m): 12:26am On Aug 19, 2010
@poster, please expand your view.
You are having a single vieew of the matter.

Some can't get a chunk of cash to pay like you,
I also understand that some of the postpaid do not allow
you to load a small denomination recharged card, e.g; MTN.
If you get into debit, mtn will cut you off, when you pay with
recharged card, it will take another 30mins to 24hours before you
are reconnected. for mtn you'll have to pay a monthly charge of N1,500
to go on postpaid.

For zain, you'll have to go to their office, provide a bank statement
that shows you wil lways be able to pay at the end of the month. the tariffs
are really cheap, the truth is if you do nnot have a need to make so much calls
for your business, forget postpaid. you may end up spending alot just
'cos you got on postpaid.

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Post Paid Over Pre Paid Services by tjcombo(m): 5:16am On Aug 19, 2010
In my own perspective, I think its ok to go on postpaid if u spend on an average of say 5k a mnth consistently all things being equal, but it still boils down to the user to make that decision, there's nuttin convincing abt the preferential treatment we get because we're on postpaid. Neither is it good for business if I have to wait for reconnection because I defaulted in paying. Am sure we all have it spelt out and the choice is ours to make.

(1) (Reply)

Twitter To Ban Handles That Impersonate Without Specifying "Parody" / Tech Tip : Change Fonts On Android (with Or Without Root) / Tecno F3 Api Error / Hang On Logo Fix File

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.