Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,966 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! (23075 Views)

Watch How These Kids Danced At A Birthday Party (video) / How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party / Man Takes Girlfriend To Surprise Birthday Party Organised By His Wife. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by ihuoma: 8:48pm On Jul 17, 2011
Happy 1 yr to baby Sienna smiley
She is beautifull smiley
Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by MrsSiena1(f): 10:01am On Jul 18, 2011
Thanks JK and Ihuoma. JK dont worry more pics on its way
Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by blank(f): 10:04am On Jul 18, 2011
Happy Birthday to a lovely princess.
Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by MrsSiena1(f): 10:08am On Jul 18, 2011
Thanks Blank. How is your lil one doing?
Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by blank(f): 11:30am On Jul 18, 2011
He just keeps surprising me everyday. Growing stronger and taller. Seems like he might outgrow his dad (who is 6'7). Thanks 4 asking.
Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by Odunnu: 2:03pm On Jul 18, 2011
ihuoma:

Happy 1 yr to baby Sienna smiley
She is beautifull smiley
is she one already? Choi!
Hapi b'day babySiena
Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 18, 2011
Thanks everyone!

Well, a year has rolled by, and my baby daughter Sienna celebrated her 1st birthday. As many will remember, she was born on the 13th July 2010, but due to her birthday falling on a weekday this year (Wednesday) we chose to hold the celebrations on the 17th, making it a Sunday. This would ensure maximum attendance.

It was a great day, with about 35 attendees, both children and adults. The weather wasn't great, but we erected a gazebo in the garden, and the kids were happy to run about, having fun in their own way, leaving us adults to chat indoors. Sienna was overwhelmed though, with so many people, and wouldn't let me put her down! So, most of the time, she remained with myself or her mom.

Some pictures of the event follow.
Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 18, 2011
On the 2nd July, we drove into town, to sort out Sienna's birthday cake. She's a proper Daddy's girl, so what better theme than a car inspired one? Yep, you got it - an Audi Q7!  wink

Our instructions were clear - the cake was to be modelled around an Audi Q7, in pink and white. Note, an Audi Q7, not a traditional square cake, with an Audi Q7 on top in icing.

Well, we paid for it on the 9th July, and collection day was Saturday the 16th. We got there at 16:11 hours and. . .

. . .they were shut!  angry We were really mad. The bakers had our number, and didn't think it prudent to call us, that they were shutting early. Their usual closing time on a Saturday was 17:30 hours! Luckily for us, a butcher across the road had the lady's number, and called her. She said she'd be with us in half an hour. Okay, I admit I was mad, positively fuming. She arrived, full of excuses, but we were past caring, we just wanted Sienna's cake.

Full of anticipation, we lifted the cover of the box. Guess what? Wrong! It was done as a traditional square cake, with a smaller Audi Q7 in icing perched on top. Damn! And this was despite us showing the lady a similar cake in her catalogue, albeit a Herbie Volkswagen Beetle. My anger increased, but what could I do? She refunded £10 for the hassle, and error. Not what we wanted, but still a very nice cake.

Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 18, 2011
On the 16th July, we visited Mothercare, to pick out Sienna's birthday present. We thought for her first, a Mothercare Smart Trike would be great. Here's Sienna test riding one in the shop!  cheesy

Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by ada24: 9:10pm On Jul 18, 2011
chei - see how time has flown by.

Happy Birthday little princess - Mr Siena, I can just imagine how annoyed you were with that cake lady, messing up a 1st birthday cake - chineke if it was me I think police would have to be called to pull me back.

The cake is beautiful so don't worry, I can see me and the little one really missed.
Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by MrsSiena1(f): 9:14pm On Jul 18, 2011
@Odunnu yes she is one already oh. How time flies when you are having fun abi?
Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by OAM4J: 9:15pm On Jul 18, 2011
Whao! It's a year already!

happy Birthday Sienna!
Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by MrsSiena1(f): 9:15pm On Jul 18, 2011
Ada24, I was mad too funny enough I felt like crying, I just restrained myself from doing so but thank God it was sorted. You and my lil princess missed oh but not to worry we would meet up soon cant wait to see her. Hugs and kisses to her oh.
Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 18, 2011
My mistake - the trike we first looked at was in Toys'R'us, and they only had the shop display model left, so next trip was Mothercare. Sienna ended up with a similar model, just a different colour. Here she is, trying it out in the lounge, and giving her stamp of approval:  cool

Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 18, 2011
Sienna with one of her presents:
Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 18, 2011
Siena, Sienna and Sienna's Godmother Margaret Jones:

My wife, Sienna and a friend:

Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 18, 2011
As it got busier, Sienna refused to be separated from mom and dad. Here I am, trying to get her still for a shot with her birthday cake:

Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 18, 2011
Siena, Sienna and friends:

Wife, Siena, Sienna, friends Jayden and Ashley:

Wife, Siena, Sienna, friends jayden and Lexie:

Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 18, 2011
More pictures of the happy event:

Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 18, 2011
Looks like the boys have started early - where's my chasing-stick? cheesy

My wife, Sienna's Godmother Margaret Jones and our friend, Margaret Yetton:

Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 18, 2011
A friend Cindy, Sienna and friend Margaret:

A rare moment during the celebrations, when Sienna was on her own, albeit briefly:
Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 18, 2011
My wife, and a friend:

My wife and our friend Edith from Uganda:
Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 18, 2011
Our vicar Janice, Sienna and my wife:

My wife's friend Nkem, and my wife herself:

My wife, Sienna, and wifey's friend Nkem:
Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 18, 2011
Children having fun under the gazebo:

Food and drinks, before guests got stuck in:

Guests milling around:

Our front door in party guise:
Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 18, 2011
Overall, despite the not-so-sunny weather, it was a great day. There was more than enough food and drink, the only downside was the clearing up afterwards. wink More pictures to follow.
Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by Odunnu: 10:25pm On Jul 18, 2011
Now these pictures want to make me have my own baby now now now! Wish i'd started earlier.
Nice pix, very nice pictures though
Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 18, 2011
^^^ Thanks, Ms Odunnu.
Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by mamagee3(f): 2:02am On Jul 19, 2011
Sienna, why didn't you invite me? cheesy

I would have gone over to see your wife and the baby. cheesy

And the baby looks just like her mother. cheesy
Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by mamagee3(f): 2:19am On Jul 19, 2011
Siena:

[size=18pt]~So cute~[/size]
Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by Roland17(m): 4:29am On Jul 19, 2011
your family has become a source of inspiration to many young couples and a source of hope to many bachelors and spinsters, please inform sienna, she has officially become a celebrity ooooo and would be accorded all the rights and privileges, soon we would be queuing for her autographs, i can't wait to push people, so that i can be number one.
God bless u,
Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by Nobody: 5:50am On Jul 19, 2011
I think I might agree a lil bit with mamagee here, Is your daughter changing faces? BTW she's still got siena's eyes.

Now wait a minute na from clap madness dey start but did I just see sienna flirting with one oyibo boy? cheesy grin grin grin . I thought I told y'all that I have a son for her? angry

Iyawo siena, I envy your body wink
Re: Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! by dayokanu(m): 6:17am On Jul 19, 2011
Abeg who is that Nkem girl?

Mr and Mrs Sienna send me her digits. Tell her she is taken by me

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Re: About My Elder Brother Who Does Not Care About Us / 9-Year-Old Boy That Saved His 3-Year-Old Brother From Drowning In A Well (Video) / Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.