Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,697 members, 7,802,057 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? (6635 Views)

Ibadan Church Bans Leggings, Mini Skirts, Open Bosom & Topless Outfits (Photo) / Should Ladies Wear Trousers Or Put On Ear Rings Or Wear Make Up Or Wear Weavon / Should A Christian Woman Wear Immodest Dress Like Bikini, Mini Skirts, And Short (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by stranger29(m): 12:45pm On Apr 07, 2007
I recently bought a pair of jeans for my girlfriend on her birthday and she rejected it because of some religious belief she holds about a lady putting on trousers, but funnily enough she wears some very tight fitting mini skirts which I think can drive a man crazy.

Please I need some advice on what to do as I love her but we haven’t spoken for the last one week and it’s driving me crazy
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by osegwu(m): 12:51pm On Apr 07, 2007
Both of you should sit down and set your priority straight.

Putting into cognizance the fact that you your differences

in opinion, belief likes and dislikes.And both of you arrivirng at a compromise

Still me

1 Like

Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by busygirl(f): 6:24pm On Apr 07, 2007
stranger29:
but funnily enough she wears some very tight fitting mini skirts which I think can drive a man crazy.

I don't think there's anywhere in the bible that says mini skirts and trousers are sinful, and as for the type of mini skirts your girl wears, the bible made it clear that if anything you wear causes peope to fall, then it's a sin. She's only getting things a bit twisted.

I agree with osewgu, you guys should sit and talk things out about your likes and dislikes.
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by Seun(m): 7:12pm On Apr 07, 2007
This is not a matter to stop speaking with each other about. What matters is not who is right or who is wrong, but how both of you feel about the matter. Your girlfriend's behaviour is not because of what the bible says or does not say about jeans, but about what people will say if they see her wearing jeans. Do you now understand?
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by roflmao: 7:43pm On Apr 07, 2007
roflmao @ this thread, ha ha ha ha ha. Funny shit!
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 07, 2007
Both of you are incommunicado over a pair of jeans?? shocked
I find it funny that so many "men" are quick to run to Nairaland for solutions starring them in the face.
Is it too hard to sit with your girl over coffee and discuss likes and dislikes? How many years do you need to notice that the girl u're dating NEVER wears trousers because of religious beliefs? Do you guys talk at all? Are you observant?

I would be hurt if after 6 months my gf bought me something i expect she should know i dont like.

Grow up and go talk to ur chic rather than moaning on the web.
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by Seun(m): 7:50pm On Apr 07, 2007
And you made a mistake by mentioning her mini-skirt during the argument. Now she can't wear it without feeling guilty. Yes, you are right, but it's what she's feeling that really matters. Being right isn't it. wink
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 07, 2007
Oh gosh, another "sin" thread grin, well I can see the religious police havent gotten here yet.
Well I dont see it as a sin, except if ure doin it delibrately to make men stare,
then there might be a problem,
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by odada(m): 9:37pm On Apr 07, 2007
I agree with davidylan how can u not know what ur gf wears and doesnt wear after dating all this while?i dont think i would be pleased if my gf buys me a pair of black jeans for my birthday when she knows I wear only blue ones ,although i dont see any thing wrong in sharing ur experiences with ur spouse on NL seeking for solution cos thats what this forum if all about innit?talk it out with ur gf homeboy and get back together again,not speaking to each other in over a week is not just good enough because of a birthday gift!r u telling us the whole truth? embarassed @stranger29
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by deejay1(m): 9:57pm On Apr 07, 2007
wearin any of them is not a sin.in my own knowledge. people saa with their religion tinz saa
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by Coleslove: 10:07pm On Apr 07, 2007
Inadequate communication, Insensitivity, Childishness and what again. Come on should need peoples advice to help handle a thrivial situation in your relationship, come on. You and i know that she's not rejecting it based on religious sentiments. You should have before now if she'll appreciate a trouser. I mean you get to know what she'll appreciate while you converse. There's alot you and her need to know about yourselves and if you initiated the beef f not speaking with her in a week, better make it up and be the man. And if she', then. Make her realize its not supposed to be so.
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by IBEXY(m): 10:51am On Apr 08, 2007
Neither is a "sin" provided they cover up unclothedness.
What constitutes "sin" in Africa can be absolutely normal in Europe and vice versa. Funny world.

1 Like

Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by akara(m): 1:50pm On Apr 08, 2007
grin

Sit her down for chat. Me thinks shes confused!

grin
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by hotchic1(f): 3:23pm On Apr 08, 2007
I think the best thng for you to do is to sit her down and about it,ask her why she puts on those those tight fitted mini skirt and soesnt put on trousers,to me its all about the way she feels about it,but let her know that you see no reason why she cannot put on trousers and by the way you should have noticed that she doesn't put on trousers and you should have talked about it but then there is no reason and no big deal about wearing trousers.Cheers.
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by romeo(m): 3:55pm On Apr 08, 2007
she can use wrapper and i hope she doesn't wear G-string as well
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by software(m): 4:18pm On Apr 08, 2007
this na Jamb Question o,   shocked
I think u both just need to sit like some other people had stated,

But i think to God, it is a sin.  because most of this girls hardly wear decent trousers, (some do put on decent trousers; like some at the banks e.t.c (but its still very scarce))
As for the Mini Skirts, I think any girl who wears it out of the coners of her house, is trying to seduce guys,  (which therefore makes it a Sin to God)

Please i will like stranger29 to tell us if what he is asking is,

Either a sin to God OR a sin to you her BF.

Thanks
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by KAG: 4:32pm On Apr 08, 2007
They are both sins, because it's clear that God wants us to understand that the clothes we - humans - wear can defile us, and the terrible crime of wearing the wrong clothes can condemn you to an eternity of suffering. Think on it, pray on it, don't end up in hell for something so small - from our perspective.
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by romeo(m): 4:34pm On Apr 08, 2007
are u sure you are in london??
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by busygirl(f): 4:58pm On Apr 08, 2007
@ KAG, LMAO at your post. You're in london and you call wearing trouser a sin. that's strange because the weather here is rather harsh, and most people don't wear skirts because of this. Even pastor's wives do wear trousers. As for me, I haven't seen anywhere in the bible that said "thou shall not wear trouser" I think religion has nothing to do with this, It's individual differences that arise.
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by KAG: 5:48pm On Apr 08, 2007
romeo:

are u sure you are in london??

Is that like a meta-physical question or something? You know, like: "are we really here, or are we like the bacteria in a giant's toe-nail scab?" or "is the moon still made of cheese when you stop looking at it?"

busygirl:

@ KAG, LMAO at your post. You're in london and you call wearing trouser a sin.

It's only a sin if a woman wears trousers.

that's strange because the weather here is rather harsh, and most people don't wear skirts because of this. Even pastor's wives do wear trousers.

The wives of some pastors steal from the collection plate too, that doesn't mean we should.

As for me, I haven't seen anywhere in the bible that said "thou shall not wear trouser" I think religion has nothing to do with this, It's individual differences that arise.

It says women shouldn't waer the apparels of men, and since the trousers were made for men -
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by romeo(m): 7:37pm On Apr 08, 2007
KAG:

Is that like a meta-physical question or something? You know, like: "are we really here, or are we like the bacteria in a giant's toe-nail scab?" or "is the moon still made of cheese when you stop looking at it?"

talk some sense and stop deceiving people here, just qoute the verse for me and tell me how u expect them to survive the weather
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by software(m): 7:54pm On Apr 08, 2007
KAG:

It says women shouldn't waer the apparels of men, and since the trousers were made for men -

Yes thats very correct, at least that one dey bible for everybody to read and understand,
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by KAG: 7:54pm On Apr 08, 2007
romeo:

talk some sense and stop deceiving people here,

I guess it wasn't a meta-physical question, then.

just qoute the verse for me and tell me how u expect them to survive the weather

Deuteronomy 22:5
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

How do I expect who to survive the weather?
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by software(m): 7:55pm On Apr 08, 2007
Pls lets not be too modernistic to forget what the scriptures says,
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by romeo(m): 9:56pm On Apr 08, 2007
ohhhhhhh Africans and their sense of religion

did bible mention trousers there?
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 08, 2007
That part of the bible that talks about women not wearing mens apparel also says things like
"an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth", and "if a woman is in her period, then she is unclean", or things like that.
My point is that if you are going to lift a verse out of the bible, then take everything else that comes with it.
As far as i'm concerned this is just another example of mind-control and fundamentalism to keep our women cowered.

If you think what you see is turning you on, then look away, period. Some men can look at muslim women in their
hijabs and still see what they want to see.

Im not advocating indecency, but people should let this women and trouser issue die abeg!!
Leave the women alone, and face your own life!

PS Im not gonna make a religious debate, so im gonna be silent from now on.
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by achinu(m): 4:22am On Apr 09, 2007
Neither one is wrong!! It's not that serious ma guy grin grin grin
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by Ivvie: 4:47am On Apr 09, 2007
The wicked shall be turned to hell and the nations that forget God.  The fact every one does something does not mean it is right.  The Lord will not hold back putting a whole nation to hell.  Exodus makes it clear that you should not follow the multitude to do evil.  Trousers on women is what a Christian calls wickedness and abomination.  These couldn't be done 50 years ago.  The more reason why divorce is flourishing without bounds or limits.  Plus, negative spirits encircle any human that cross dresses.  It's also a turn-off in the physical realm too.  The reason men don't complain is because most have learnt to embrace pervesion (perverts).  The Psalmist said "Lord, incline not my heart to practice iniquity."  It's unlady-like to be in trousers. 

Mini Skirts - If you know the history to this, any decent girl wouldn't be caught in this circle.   A child of the devil started this in the late of '55 which ushered in the swinging sixties.

The worst so far is women wearing boxer-briefs (boxer shorts). This is so un-called for. Sin starts from something small and blows out of proportion when appreciated.
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by romeo(m): 9:35am On Apr 09, 2007
DIOS mio esto se pone feo
(My God this is getting ugly)
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 09, 2007
@ romeo I totally agree.
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by software(m): 11:09am On Apr 09, 2007
@ROMEO

I feel u, U use that opportunity show us u can speack Spanish,

But lets face reality, You guys say Girls put on trouslers simple because of the weather, i really dont beleive that. Cos there are still some wears that are very decent and wount cause heat during the Hot weather, I worked in a textile company for 3years,

Those who started it, had an inner motive, which was to seduce men, While Millions of others saw it as a style and they all go after it now, These days even women of 75 put on trouslers, They say it is a style,

God help us. What i know is we should all do what pleases God, we should do what is in the scriptures, God dont need to put Trouslers in the bible, before common sense can us it is a SIN,

God help us all,
It Takes the Grace of God to Beleive this,
i no be pastor o
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by stimulus(m): 11:50am On Apr 09, 2007
I'm still trying to figure out from you guys: Did the Bible mention trousers? Where?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should A Christian Hotelier Allow Unmarried Couples To Lodge In A Room? / Is Thanksgiving Biblical? / Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional: THE POWER OF CONFIDENCE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.