Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,400 members, 7,808,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

~is Oracle Better Than Ccna. . .if Not, Why The Gulf In Price?~ - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / ~is Oracle Better Than Ccna. . .if Not, Why The Gulf In Price?~ (5487 Views)

Talent Is Better Than Education / Are Technicians Better Than Engineers In Nigeria? / Are Foreign Graduates That Much Better Than Nigerian Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

~is Oracle Better Than Ccna. . .if Not, Why The Gulf In Price?~ by binhozie(m): 8:15pm On Jul 14, 2010
I also look with distaste at the prices in all these computer schools:
Oracle is always way costlier than ccna. Why?
Is it better or more relevant?
Does it offer more job opportunities?
Explain
Cos i've got money to enrol, and i want the best for my money sad
Re: ~is Oracle Better Than Ccna. . .if Not, Why The Gulf In Price?~ by Cactus(m): 6:25pm On Jul 15, 2010
You cant compare both technologies. They have entirely different functions.

There are cars that you can buy for 500,000 Naira and some you can buy for over 15,000,000 Naira. But you buy the one you can. Either way, you still get a mode of transportation.

Oracle is storage in terms of storing data (database)
CCNA is connection in terms of how to connect machines together (networking)

It is a free world to set prices as you wish as a business. As a potential clients, there are always options. You get what you pay for, this doesnt necessarily mean that all the expensive schools are excellent, cheap schools are bad, some may be opposite. Yes, you have a limited budget, look at all the options available, and talk with people who have trained with different centers. they make your final decision.

You can go to a tailor to get custom made clothes or you can go to a store to buy designer clothes. Luckily we are living in a society that has options. Need not complain too much about the price gap, research on your options.

You cant compare Oracle to CCNA based on pricing.
Re: ~is Oracle Better Than Ccna. . .if Not, Why The Gulf In Price?~ by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:27am On Jul 16, 2010
hi pls i would appreciate help on how i can get this Oracle Enterprise Server version 8

even if its links. pls

well its not directly for me, my bro need it for hisschool project!!

or Sybase Adaptive server release 11.5

appreciate any help pls
Re: ~is Oracle Better Than Ccna. . .if Not, Why The Gulf In Price?~ by gidigidi: 1:57pm On Jul 16, 2010
i think giving the guy the right answer will be very much appreciated , i understand your analogy between a cheap car and an expensive one, whilst ccna is about networking like you said, CCNA expires and you'll have to resit the exam again hence its cheapness , but oracle certification doesnt expire, you can also study oracle at university as part of your computer science degree,(which you cant with CCNA) so u get to keep the degree, you can always top up with bits and pieces from the oracle university. and you would not expect your employer to call you and inform you that your cerification in oracle has expired so you better do something about it. And also regarding your request for oracle 8 , i think you better look for something newer 10g or 11g , cos theres been a lot of additions since 8. oracle is actually free to download, yes the file is big but with a descent connection you should be able to download it. i use both and find 11g a bit to heavy for slower pcs, so its up to you my friend and good luck.
Re: ~is Oracle Better Than Ccna. . .if Not, Why The Gulf In Price?~ by saperpsms: 4:03pm On Jul 16, 2010
I quite agree with @gidigidi. These are facts no training center will tell anyone. Besides, CCNA reputation and usage are very great abroad but in Nigeria, MCSE still sells more in terms of job opportunities. The reasons am not too sure of since that's not where I actually play.

Cheers!
Re: ~is Oracle Better Than Ccna. . .if Not, Why The Gulf In Price?~ by sarahjohn63: 4:14am On Jul 17, 2010
I have a knowledge of both field. If you like to become your career in oracle then you do any database courses like sql, MS sql, DBMS, etc. And if you like to becomes your career in Networking. Then CCNA is best course for you, Now It is depends on you to become your career in which aria.

1 Like

Re: ~is Oracle Better Than Ccna. . .if Not, Why The Gulf In Price?~ by brianromel(m): 8:48am On Jul 17, 2010
Saperp i face an almost similar problem. I'm looking to study a course or two,but i want to know which area me I.c.t to go into that came provide job opportunites,especially in nigeria here.
I'm already into web development (javascript and php),but clients and companies recruiting for it,are hard to come by these days.
So i gotta ask,in nigeria what i.c.t field provides the best guarantee for employment.
Re: ~is Oracle Better Than Ccna. . .if Not, Why The Gulf In Price?~ by GREATAWOG(m): 2:58pm On Jul 23, 2010
oracle is very interesting if u are in love with programming.u can send me ur email for me to send u some material on oracle database, form and report

1 Like

Re: ~is Oracle Better Than Ccna. . .if Not, Why The Gulf In Price?~ by joejokjas: 5:59pm On Jul 24, 2010
@ GREATAWOG
can u please send me some of these materials too? my email is joejokjas@aol.com
Re: ~is Oracle Better Than Ccna. . .if Not, Why The Gulf In Price?~ by jambogini: 7:35pm On Feb 18, 2013
edehv@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: ~is Oracle Better Than Ccna. . .if Not, Why The Gulf In Price?~ by 1212yemmytoba: 1:55pm On Feb 19, 2013
@greatwog,i will be very happy if u can send me something on oracle..i will be very greatful..(12yemmytoba@gmail.com or yemmy_oloruntoba@yahoo.com)infact i will be very greatful n also if u can send me ur mobile number
Re: ~is Oracle Better Than Ccna. . .if Not, Why The Gulf In Price?~ by tunapawizzy: 11:17pm On Feb 20, 2013
pls i also need the oracle material,,,, mycrudeoil@yahoo.com thanx
Re: ~is Oracle Better Than Ccna. . .if Not, Why The Gulf In Price?~ by RichDad1(m): 11:30am On Feb 22, 2013
Edited.
Re: ~is Oracle Better Than Ccna. . .if Not, Why The Gulf In Price?~ by skmahe: 2:07pm On Jun 20, 2013
please send oracle material and software to this mail: skmahe1077@gmail.com
Re: ~is Oracle Better Than Ccna. . .if Not, Why The Gulf In Price?~ by Ugokings4luv(m): 2:15pm On Oct 24, 2013
Pls send me d oracle materials to kingsleyugochukwu676@gmail.com
Re: ~is Oracle Better Than Ccna. . .if Not, Why The Gulf In Price?~ by oatechsolution: 2:24pm On Oct 24, 2013
pls is any one into Oracle Jdeveloper. send me some info on oayodele111@gmail.com. or call or flash 08104601574.
for ur oracle info you can contact me as well. thanks
Re: ~is Oracle Better Than Ccna. . .if Not, Why The Gulf In Price?~ by oatechsolution: 2:28pm On Oct 24, 2013
full practical training is on now, you can be part of it. i can give you other info as well. call 08104601574 for more info.
Re: ~is Oracle Better Than Ccna. . .if Not, Why The Gulf In Price?~ by albsimeon(m): 7:29pm On Oct 25, 2013
GREATAWOG: oracle is very interesting if u are in love with programming.u can send me ur email for me to send u some material on oracle database, form and report
I ll appreciate should you send Ocp course materials to my e.mail: albsimeon@yahoo.com. Thanks.
Re: ~is Oracle Better Than Ccna. . .if Not, Why The Gulf In Price?~ by EdDave(m): 9:07pm On Oct 31, 2013
Please anybody, I hope you can help me too. dave.atoza@yahoo.com
Re: ~is Oracle Better Than Ccna. . .if Not, Why The Gulf In Price?~ by cougarng: 10:14am On Nov 01, 2013
GREATAWOG: oracle is very interesting if u are in love with programming.u can send me ur email for me to send u some material on oracle database, form and report
Pls am very much interested email me: ngusha4@gmail.com. I would also like for u to b my mentor in oracle
Re: ~is Oracle Better Than Ccna. . .if Not, Why The Gulf In Price?~ by Funpeter: 4:50pm On Nov 01, 2013
pls we love ro ave one adegokekehinde64@gmail.com tanks so much
Re: ~is Oracle Better Than Ccna. . .if Not, Why The Gulf In Price?~ by marcelocm(m): 8:16pm On Nov 09, 2013
Pls send me the oracle materials : Marcel_ocm@yahoo.com
Re: ~is Oracle Better Than Ccna. . .if Not, Why The Gulf In Price?~ by Kemperor: 12:08pm On Nov 28, 2016
Pls i need oracle materials
Kingsleyonyekwele@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: ~is Oracle Better Than Ccna. . .if Not, Why The Gulf In Price?~ by AyarmBoye(m): 6:15pm On Dec 02, 2016
I want to go into Oracle program...what is d total cost and can anyone explain the procedure to me?
Re: ~is Oracle Better Than Ccna. . .if Not, Why The Gulf In Price?~ by MENSO123: 1:51pm On Nov 08, 2019
i am very much interested in the material, kindly send to iruboresther123@gmail.com.i am also looking for a center here in Lagos where i could get trained and the cost implication involved.
thanks in anticipation.

(1) (Reply)

Biochemistry And NNPC. / Is It Okay To Walk Out Of A Job Interview? / I Have HND In Microbiology And I Want To Advance. Kindly Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.