Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,946 members, 7,806,740 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) (21473 Views)

One Die, Four Injured After Truck Fell On Cars In Lagos (Photos) / The Moment A Container Truck Fell And Crushed An SUV (Disturbing Video) / A 20ft Containerized Truck Fell At Ijora-7up Bridge This Morning - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by PediakAuthor: 6:01pm On Oct 17, 2018
Just yesterday, i was travelling to Ado-Ekiti from the North in order to witness the inauguration of my newly-elected Ekiti Governor, it was quite an adventurous trip for me tho.. To mention afew: the Toyota Corolla that broke down on the road after driving for 20 minutes, the unreliable Honda ball-joint that pulled off the track at a speed bump, the impressive sights of the ongoing construction of Dangote's Obajana/Kabba road giving travellers an alternative bypass to the Okene/Kabba route, the Ekiti kid (at the road-side) that sold 12 pieces of banana for 100naira (equivalent to that of 400naira in Abuja) and the likes...

Incidentally, a truck heading towards the Northern Nigeria from the South-West got derailed along the deterioriating Kabba/Omuo-Ekiti Federal Road (specifically at Ikoyi-Ijumu town in Kogi State).

As theorized by me, the ugly incidence occured due to the state of the poorly maintained road while the driver was trying to dogde the big pot-holes in a quest to get a head-on to the North...

Averagely, the ETA - Expected Time of Arrival of travellers between Omuo-Ekiti to Kabba, Kogi State should not be more than 25 minutes @ 120kmph, but the ETA is now roughly more than 1hour, you can hardly "Pedal to the Metal"!!!

The first question that flashed my mind when i had a sight of the incidence was that: "what if an innocent vehicle was passing by the trailer?" but we thank God that nothing of such happened.

It should be noted that most of the auto-crash incidence that occured in the past are often traceable to bad roads... However, i will not deny the fact that the Federal Government has been trying all viable means to fix the transport infrastructure of the Nation, but, i will like her to shift more interventional attention in fixing some deterioriating Federal Roads, such as this of Omuo-Ekiti/Kabba road which is one of the major link between the southern and northern Nigeria.

Lastly, i need to note that this particular road has been in a deterioriating state for several years without any effort to get it fixed, I hereby use this medium to reach out to FERMA (Federal Road Maintenance Agency) to yield to this wake up call.

God Bless Nigeria...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by Kenekingisback: 6:52pm On Oct 17, 2018
But where is lalasticlala sef shocked

2 Likes

Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by PediakAuthor: 6:56pm On Oct 17, 2018
Kenekingisback:

Let's push contents like this to the FP pls until FERMA do something... That particular road needs urgent attention and you might eventually pass through the road someday while heading to the North...

3 Likes

Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by chigoziri2403(m): 7:01pm On Oct 17, 2018
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Kenekingisback:
Kenekingisback:
this isn't a snake threat,lala isn't relevant here
Kenekingisback:

2 Likes

Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by oatzeal(m): 7:03pm On Oct 17, 2018
pediakauthor.... i see u bro.. nice content for fp.. lalasticlala seun

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by Toflez(m): 7:20pm On Oct 17, 2018
cry
Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by TheOdd1sOut: 7:20pm On Oct 17, 2018
See wetin Buhari cause

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by kerry57: 7:21pm On Oct 17, 2018
Extremely dangerous road, use at ur own risk should be the safety warnings on most of our roads

1 Like

Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by omocalabar(m): 7:21pm On Oct 17, 2018
I thought APC has repaired all roads wit loans....or was that road only tarred on paper?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by Olayemie(m): 7:21pm On Oct 17, 2018
ok
Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by Rekyz(m): 7:22pm On Oct 17, 2018
No thanks to the bad state of federal roads across the country.
Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by adetes: 7:22pm On Oct 17, 2018
The road is nt good
Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by Nonymartin(m): 7:22pm On Oct 17, 2018
hmm
Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by Navalguy: 7:22pm On Oct 17, 2018
hmmm..i see the hands of baba buhari
Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by 12345baba(m): 7:22pm On Oct 17, 2018
Fayemi ooo
Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by leisuretym: 7:24pm On Oct 17, 2018
see our federal road!! BUHARIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there is God oo!
Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by oladele97: 7:25pm On Oct 17, 2018
Kogi state has the worst road network in Nigeria, Kabba to Ilorin is another pathetic one

7 Likes

Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by Trouble1: 7:30pm On Oct 17, 2018
PediakAuthor:

Let's push contents like this to the FP pls until FERMA do something... That particular road needs urgent attention and you might eventually pass through the road someday while heading to the North...
The road is obviously
Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 17, 2018
Chai!

1 Like

Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by ozo13(m): 7:31pm On Oct 17, 2018
Hmmm
Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by 2special(m): 7:31pm On Oct 17, 2018
and you're comfortable with your cracked side mirror?

1 Like

Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by Abeyjide: 7:31pm On Oct 17, 2018
oyo ogbomosho road needs urgent attention.
Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by NotBeenPaid: 7:34pm On Oct 17, 2018
Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by PediakAuthor: 7:37pm On Oct 17, 2018
2special:
and you're comfortable with your cracked side mirror?

Bros u too dey observe ooo.. U just dey calcu like lukaku... Anyway... Weldone...

1 Like

Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by fukomuku: 7:40pm On Oct 17, 2018
LET’S DIGITALLY AND CREATIVELY UPSKILL YOUR WORKFORCE WHICH HELPS DRIVE YOUR BUSINESS GROWTH – ADVANCE PRACTICAL CORPORATE ICT TRAINING

Organizations want employees who are engaged with their mission, values and vision and who have the skills needed to improve performance. Updating employees’ skills and preparing them for career advancement not only provides a better trained and more productive work force. It also generates higher employee satisfaction and retention.

- Digital Marketing (Online Promotions, Email Marketing, SEO, Social Media Mgmt, Paid Ads etc)
- Website Maintenance & Management (SEO, Site Speed, Corporate Blogging etc)
- Website Design and Development
- Graphics Design
- Motion Graphics
- Photography
- Video Editing

NO THEORY – 100% PRACTICAL TRAINING EXPERIENCE FOR YOUR WORKFORCE!

Companies like NEM Insurance, Poise Home and several other corporate entities trust us to digitally and creatively upskill their workforce. We are not only highly affordable, our training are crafted with practical and industry focused approach

You've got the talented Workforce. We help to digitally and creatively refine it!

NOTE: THIS OUR GUARANTEE - WE WONT TRAIN YOU THE WAY EVEN SOME OF THE BIGGEST ICT TRAINING CENTERS & NAMES IN NIGERIA DO (SOME USUALLY TEACH NONSENSE, IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW) - WE WILL TRAIN AND IMPACT YOU TO BE AN ICT PROFESSIONAL WITH JOB-READY KNOWLEDGE AFTER TRAINING SESSIONS - YES, WITH 1,000% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE. DON’T TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT. YOU CAN TAKE IT TO THE WORLD BANK!

LET’S DIGITALLY AND CREATIVELY UPSKILL YOUR WORKFORCE WHICH HELPS DRIVE YOUR BUSINESS GROWTH!

Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by Christmasdon(m): 7:43pm On Oct 17, 2018
Where in Nigeria do you have any good roads...? That's how all the roads looks like,, Owerri to Port-harcout ...
Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by Codebrain747963: 7:43pm On Oct 17, 2018
Programming gives you the power to change anything in the WORLD

Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by AskProf: 7:46pm On Oct 17, 2018
Malogba:
Today winning odd is available for high staker . Game is sure and Max bet
Inbox 0701 125 9090

SCAM
Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by chatom143: 7:46pm On Oct 17, 2018
I traveled over the weekend by road to Jos from Lagos . You don't need anybody to inform you that you are in Kogi State,the road will do. The roads are very bad, as for Yayaha Bello l wouldn't blame him because he never deserved the position given to him.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

USA To Deport 7000 Ghanaians Today / Toyota Camry Brake Fails, Veers Into Bush On Ibadan/Akure Expressway - Photos / Passengers Scamper For Safety As Fire Break Out At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.