Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,410 members, 7,808,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (427199 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 5:29am On Mar 02, 2019
sisiorente:

Wow, I had to go back and check again when you said i did the right thing. Which is actually true, they actually requested for Application Receipt/Petition Number and not Case Number. I guess its Anxiety. Thanks so much. I appreciate everyone
Oh OK. I thought you were sure you made a mistake. So now that we know that there was no mistake, case resolved.

Yes anxiety could be a factor. Just take a deep breath. It helps.

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 5:33am On Mar 02, 2019
sisiorente:

PLEASE THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE I HAVE CONTAINS ONLY TWO NAMES. MY SURNAME AND FIRST NAME. CAN I USE IT OR DO I NEED TO GET ANOTHER ONE THAT CONTAINS THE THREE NAMES? HOW CAN I PROCESS ANOTHER BIRTH CERTIFICATE INCASE I HAVE TO? THANK YOU HOUSE'
Please stop typing in caps lock. It's very disrespectful and even against the forum rules (Rule 11).

To your question, there's no problem if your birth certificate has only two names. My original birth certificate also has just two names. However I advice you also get a birth certificate from the Nigerian Population Commission (NPC). I hear that document is useful especially when you are in States.

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 7:03pm On Mar 02, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Please stop typing in caps lock. It's very disrespectful and even against the forum rules (Rule 11).

To your question, there's no problem if your birth certificate has only two names. My original birth certificate also has just two names. However I advice you also get a birth certificate from the Nigerian Population Commission (NPC). I hear that document is useful especially when you are in States.

@LegitBachelor,

What's the process of getting a new Birth Certificate from the NPC, especially when you already have one from the Local Government Area? And will the new one be back-dated or be a current date?

Thanks.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 8:09am On Mar 03, 2019
select500:

@LegitBachelor,

What's the process of getting a new Birth Certificate from the NPC, especially when you already have one from the Local Government Area? And will the new one be back-dated or be a current date?

Thanks.
If I might ask, isn't the birth certificate from the local government issued in conjunction with NPC? I am just asking because I know NPC has offices in all Local Government.

Maybe the Birth Certificate from Local Government might suffice after all. But getting birth certificate from NPC is not that difficult. Just that you might have to part with some money. I recommend you go yourself to NPC main office in Surulere. They will request for your passport, affidavit. Affidavit can be done by them for a fee. To do the affidavit, they can request for your parents passport and signature (affidavit from parent) or can request for just yours (self affidavit).

If you were born before 1992, they usually issue attestation of birth and not the actual birth certificate. But those after 1992 don't have problem. I was told NPC can issue birth certificate for those before 1992 if you discuss with them. Submitting only attestation of birth to USCIS is not advisable.

The fee you pay to NPC is usually in the range of 8,000 or more. No receipt is issued......which is very sad and unfortunate.

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 5:57pm On Mar 03, 2019
LegitBachelor:
If I might ask, isn't the birth certificate from the local government issued in conjunction with NPC? I am just asking because I know NPC has offices in all Local Government.

Maybe the Birth Certificate from Local Government might suffice after all. But getting birth certificate from NPC is not that difficult. Just that you might have to part with some money. I recommend you go yourself to NPC main office in Surulere. They will request for your passport, affidavit. Affidavit can be done by them for a fee. To do the affidavit, they can request for your parents passport and signature (affidavit from parent) or can request for just yours (self affidavit).

If you were born before 1992, they usually issue attestation of birth and not the actual birth certificate. But those after 1992 don't have problem. I was told NPC can issue birth certificate for those before 1992 if you discuss with them. Submitting only attestation of birth to USCIS is not advisable.

The fee you pay to NPC is usually in the range of 8,000 or more. No receipt is issued......which is very sad and unfortunate.

Hello LegitBachelor,

Thanks for the breakdown.

So for the K-1 Visa holder, when he/she arrives in the U.S.A., will the Authorities ask for the Birth Certificate from NPC? Or will he/she need it for processing the Adjustment of Status or to process other documents?

Thanks.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 6:38pm On Mar 03, 2019
select500:

Hello LegitBachelor,

Thanks for the breakdown.

So for the K-1 Visa holder, when he/she arrives in the U.S.A., will the Authorities ask for the Birth Certificate from NPC? Or will he/she need it for processing the Adjustment of Status or to process other documents?

Thanks.
No they won't ask for any birth certificate. They will only ask for the envelope which will be given to the person after the interview at the embassy.

The Birth certificate is needed for the processing of adjustment of status.

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 11:20pm On Mar 03, 2019
LegitBachelor:
No they won't ask for any birth certificate. They will only ask for the envelope which will be given to the person after the interview at the embassy.

The Birth certificate is needed for the processing of adjustment of status.

Ok. Thanks.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by djfrancis: 12:38am On Mar 04, 2019
Where you met and how you met are two different things.

Where you met? Give exact location

How you met? The circumstance of the first meeting or What were you two doing at your first meeting.

Most times, the question comes together e.g Tell me where and how you met? In this case, you’d state the location and the circumstance of the first meeting you both had.

My own answer when I did my interview was.... We met while we were both students at the University.

Simple and short

Expect to answer more questions like when, what you were both doing then, which university (if your case is like mine) etc

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sisiorente: 9:21am On Mar 04, 2019
LegitBachelor:

Thank you so much for the response. And I'm sorry for the caps lock.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by g7ayo: 1:29pm On Mar 04, 2019
I’ve done Medicals and paid and scheduled for interview next week Tuesday but I’ve not gotten any email or response from the embassy. I just want to know if that won’t affect or stop my interview. Thank y’all
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 7:25pm On Mar 04, 2019
I agree with you djfrancis. Where and How you met are two different questions.

If asked "How", it means the consular officer request a brief description of how you too met....for example, "we met in school when I was doing my masters program in Salt Lake City, Utah, she was in the same class with me" OR "we met via my cousin based in the States who is a friend to my fiance, my cousin introduced me to her and we started off a relationship" OR "we met via a dating site called www.whatever.com and we started talking afterwhich we decided to see each other in person....."

If asked "Where", the consular officer wants to know the location where you guys first met. For example, "we met in Lagos Nigeria and spent time together for 2 weeks" OR "we first met in Florida, Texas and then later met in Dubai", etc.

So in summary, How requires description while Where is more straight to the point and requires you to provide a location.

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 7:34pm On Mar 04, 2019
g7ayo:
I’ve done Medicals and paid and scheduled for interview next week Tuesday but I’ve not gotten any email or response from the embassy. I just want to know if that won’t affect or stop my interview. Thank y’all
This is the reason why I always recommend people wait for the embassy to mail them before scheduling a date.

Scheduling an interview date before being communicated by the embassy is a form of gambling and has its pros and cons.

Well, no cause for alarm. Just don't panic. It should be resolved. First of all, have you tracked your casefile to know where it is? Do you know your case number? If you do, use it to track your casefile via the site: www.ceac.state.gov . If you've confirmed that your casefile has been sent to the embassy, send a mail to the embassy requesting to know the status of your casefile, you'll have to provide them with your details along with your fiancee's such as case number, passport number, full names, date of birth, etc. It usually takes them a week to respond. I'd they don't respond, just go for the interview with all your documents and hope for the best. At worst they'll ask you to reschedule. You won't be disqualified.

Regards

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abekeade1: 10:46pm On Mar 04, 2019
@ Legit , nextlevel, please how do i schedule for my medical?
Do I call them, email or visit the hospital in other to schedule for the test.

I stay at lekki , which hospital do you think is best for me and how do I go about it please ??

Also when is the best time to book in, my interview is still April 24th??

And what are the basic stuff I needed to take to the test place please?

Thank you!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 11:45pm On Mar 04, 2019
@abekeade1, medicals can be done by a walk in. No need for prior appointment scheduling. However I advice you call to get all the necessary documents. I had posted the requirements for QLife Clinic on this thread because that was where I went for mine. But you can also get the requirements from the other clinic as well by either calling or sending an email.

I don't know Lagos quite well, but I think both the hospital in Ikoyi and the one off Ajose Adeogun are almost equidistant from where you stay. I can't decide which one you should go to, but I recommend you call or email the two hospitals and decide which to go based on their response.

If you feel fit, I recommend you go 3 weeks before the time of your interview. But if you feel you've got some form of infection, then go earlier.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Ijobajesu: 8:06am On Mar 05, 2019
Hi Rooms good morning please I need your help here.. have been on this thread for a very long time all I do is to read and learn ... I went for my K1 visa interview all went well, I was given a white paper which states that in order to pick up my visa issue here in Lagos I need a joint sponsor because the affidavit of support my fiancée sent to me is not up to the federal poverty guildelines please room I need help on this have been going around to get a joint sponsor from the United States I saw none yet .. please I need your help guys

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 5:20pm On Mar 05, 2019
Ijobajesu:
Hi Rooms good morning please I need your help here.. have been on this thread for a very long time all I do is to read and learn ... I went for my K1 visa interview all went well, I was given a white paper which states that in order to pick up my visa issue here in Lagos I need a joint sponsor because the affidavit of support my fiancée sent to me is not up to the federal poverty guildelines please room I need help on this have been going around to get a joint sponsor from the United States I saw none yet .. please I need your help guys

@Ijobajesu,

You need to tell your Fiancee to get a joint Sponsor from over there in the U.S.A., it seems you have been put on Administrative Processing(AP).

The Joint Sponsor can either be a relative or a close friend of your Fiancee. Try & do that ASAP. Not sure if there's any other alternative.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 05, 2019
select500:

@Ijobajesu,

You need to tell your Fiancee to get a joint Sponsor from over there in the U.S.A., it seems you have been put on Administrative Processing(AP).

The Joint Sponsor can either be a relative or a close friend of your Fiancee. Try & do that ASAP. Not sure if there's any other alternative.

Good luck!
Yes, the American fiance(e) needs to get a joint sponsor in US, American citizen or resident and ASAP.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by djfrancis: 4:04am On Mar 08, 2019
abekeade1:
@ Legit , nextlevel, please how do i schedule for my medical?
Do I call them, email or visit the hospital in other to schedule for the test.

I stay at lekki , which hospital do you think is best for me and how do I go about it please ??

Also when is the best time to book in, my interview is still April 24th??

And what are the basic stuff I needed to take to the test place please?

Thank you!

The one at Victoria Island is closer to you and it is walk-in, no need for appointment.

I'll advise you go on April 3 for your interview.

A copy of your passport data page, the letter sent by the consulate to your petitioner, your atm card, 5 passport photographs and any other thing people who recently had theirs advise. grin

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sisiorente: 3:53pm On Mar 08, 2019
LegitBachelor:
This is the reason why I always recommend people wait for the embassy to mail them before scheduling a date.

Scheduling an interview date before being communicated by the embassy is a form of gambling and has its pros and cons.

Well, no cause for alarm. Just don't panic. It should be resolved. First of all, have you tracked your casefile to know where it is? Do you know your case number? If you do, use it to track your casefile via the site: www.ceac.state.gov . If you've confirmed that your casefile has been sent to the embassy, send a mail to the embassy requesting to know the status of your casefile, you'll have to provide them with your details along with your fiancee's such as case number, passport number, full names, date of birth, etc. It usually takes them a week to respond. I'd they don't respond, just go for the interview with all your documents and hope for the best. At worst they'll ask you to reschedule. You won't be disqualified.

Regards

Hello House, Please i am yet to receive any mail from the Embassy. I already sent a mail but no response yet. I just log in now and I discover some dates in May. My approval will expire in May. Please what do I do. Should
I continue waiting or I should go ahead and Book the appointments. Please help. Thanks.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 7:15pm On Mar 08, 2019
sisiorente:

Hello House, Please i am yet to receive any mail from the Embassy. I already sent a mail but no response yet. I just log in now and I discover some dates in May. My approval will expire in May. Please what do I do. Should
I continue waiting or I should go ahead and Book the appointments. Please help. Thanks.
If your American fiance(e) sends an email to the embassy with any question, they answer the same day or the next. Emails from foreigners are frequently ignored.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Worriedgurl: 9:07pm On Mar 08, 2019
Go ahead and schedule your interview immediately, then have your fiance email the embassy requesting for k1 packet. They give prompt response to emails from their citizens.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sisiorente: 9:29pm On Mar 08, 2019
Worriedgurl:
Go ahead and schedule your interview immediately, then have your fiance email the embassy requesting for k1 packet. They give prompt response to emails from their citizens.

@Angela777 @worriedgurl.

Thanks so much. Will do as advised.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 7:38am On Mar 09, 2019
@Sisiorente, it's usually takes them 1 week to respond. However they usually send an automated response immediately you send the mail. Did you get the automated response? If you did then just hold on for 1 week or less, you'll get a response. And it's the same procedure whether for citizen or non-citizen.

You can go ahead and book. You've already filled and submitted your DS-160, you have created your ustraveldoc profile and have even filled in your details. So go ahead and pick a date asap.

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Worriedgurl: 8:09am On Mar 10, 2019
Can someone please recommend where I can take U.S. approved passport photos in Lagos.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Chacha22: 8:23am On Mar 10, 2019
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sisiorente: 6:50pm On Mar 10, 2019
LegitBachelor:
@Sisiorente, it's usually takes them 1 week to respond. However they usually send an automated response immediately you send the mail. Did you get the automated response? If you did then just hold on for 1 week or less, you'll get a response. And it's the same procedure whether for citizen or non-citizen.

You can go ahead and book. You've already filled and submitted your DS-160, you have created your ustraveldoc profile and have even filled in your details. So go ahead and pick a date asap.

@LegitBachelor. Yes I got an automated response. OK. Thank you so much, I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Worriedgurl: 6:55am On Mar 11, 2019
please someone should help me with where I can take U.S. style pass photo in Lagos
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by EXLOVER(m): 2:25pm On Mar 11, 2019
LegitBachelor:

Good day Bro, I know my question is not related to this thread, but i want to ask if you have any idea of court marriage in Ikoyi, cause my fiancee is coming next month and she's planning to stay for 10days, is it true we are going to register before 21days before our marriage will be approved by them?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 11, 2019
Worriedgurl:
please someone should help me with where I can take U.S. style pass photo in Lagos
Any photo will do, any plaza, shopping center, eating out together, walking on the street or relaxing in the hotel, you don't need too many. The most important is your fiance(e) Nigerian visa, arrival stamps in the passport, hotel receipt, these documents are more valid for to show the evidence you met and also your fiance(e) better stays longer time or even visit 2-3 times, it shows your fiance(e) really in love, more time together is better.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Worriedgurl: 4:33pm On Mar 11, 2019
Angela777:

Any photo will do, any plaza, shopping center, eating out together, walking on the street or relaxing in the hotel, you don't need too many. The most important is your fiance(e) Nigerian visa, arrival stamps in the passport, hotel receipt, these documents are more valid for to show the evidence you met and also your fiance(e) better stays longer time or even visit 2-3 times, it shows your fiance(e) really in love, more time together is better.

Pls I'm referring to pass port photograph. I don't know my way around Lagos so I need directions on where to take pass port photograph as specified by the U.S. embassy.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 11, 2019
Worriedgurl:

Pls I'm referring to pass port photograph. I don't know my way around Lagos so I need directions on where to take pass port photograph as specified by the U.S. embassy.
Ah, ok. I was fixing my fiance photo myself, got a good big high resolution photo of him and his baby and made the white background, centered the face and fixed the size exactly what is needed (not retouching the face, it's prohibited). I am also sure in Lagos there is a photography studio taking photos to American standards, somewhere close to the embassy but even them sometimes don't do it right. Ask around, good photographer or a graphic designer will do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

Viewing this topic: Gabson4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.