Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (427365 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 7:04pm On Jul 02, 2019
blazerichy:
Please, can I have the police contact too cuz I am getting ready to start the medicals and police report stuff .. Does location matters because I stay at the mainland and using police report from Alagbon ikoyi is it acceptable or should I just go with the report I would get from the mainland? Kindly clarify

You can get your Police Report from Alagbon, Ikoyi. That's where almost everyone get theirs from.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by blazerichy: 4:53pm On Jul 03, 2019
Awesome .. Thanks.
select500:

You can get your Police Report from Alagbon, Ikoyi. That's where almost everyone get theirs from.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 8:34pm On Jul 03, 2019
SSN applied for today. Will be sent in the mail in 2 weeks. Legitbachelor, djfrancis, bojar, how do you guys cope? I no deh hear anything o. These people speak damn too fast for my ears lmao. No be English we deh speak for Nigeria o grin cheesy grin grin angry happy independence! God bless America. God bless Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 11:48pm On Jul 03, 2019
Drenimarcus:
SSN applied for today. Will be sent in the mail in 2 weeks. Legitbachelor, djfrancis, bojar, how do you guys cope? I no deh hear anything o. These people speak damn too fast for my ears lmao. No be English we deh speak for Nigeria o grin cheesy grin grin angry happy independence! God bless America. God bless Nigeria.
Bro, I'm still having issues hearing them O...lol. But we'll cope with time I'm told. Happy Independence.

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by bojar(m): 2:38am On Jul 04, 2019
Drenimarcus:

I hear like 80%, but I try to socialize and interact, going to the gym, library etc.
The Social Security said my card was sent since the first week of June.. I had to request for another card which will come in a weeks time. The Notice for my biometrics came in also. Which State are you ? Happy Independence
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 4:28am On Jul 04, 2019
bojar:

I hear like 80%, but I try to socialize and interact, going to the gym, library etc.
The Social Security said my card was sent since the first week of June.. I had to request for another card which will come in a weeks time. The Notice for my biometrics came in also. Which State are you ? Happy Independence

I do socialize, having couple of beers with the neighbors tomorrow. I am in MN which is predominantly whites. Hope your day was good?

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by bojar(m): 5:41am On Jul 04, 2019
Drenimarcus:

I do socialize, having couple of beers with the neighbors tomorrow. I am in MN which is predominantly whites. Hope your day was good?

Yeah sure thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by DankbaresHerz: 4:32pm On Jul 04, 2019
Hello house, please i need anyone that can help me with police report, i am currently not in the country... is it even allowed to help someone with police report? just curious because i need to get one as soon as possible. Thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by ifunanyamaka: 6:17pm On Jul 04, 2019
DankbaresHerz:
Hello house, please i need anyone that can help me with police report, i am currently not in the country... is it even allowed to help someone with police report? just curious because i need to get one as soon as possible. Thanks

It's not possible. Police certificate requires digital and paper fingerprints biometrics to get processed. You have to come back and do it yourself ni.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 6:54pm On Jul 04, 2019
ifunanyamaka:

It's not possible. Police certificate requires digital and paper fingerprints biometrics to get processed. You have to come back and do it yourself ni.
I think you can get your police report even if you're not in Nigeria. I will look for the link and post here.

cc: DankbaresHerz
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by DAramis: 7:41pm On Jul 04, 2019
I think it is possible. Just get the form from someone, fill it out and use ink to thumb print. Send everything through DHL to your contact in Nigeria who will help you to complete the remaining processing.

My little contribution sha.

NB: On a lighter note I am not processing any finance visa yet because I am yet to get an American fiance na grin grin cheesy incase you want to recommend to us on how to get one o cheesy

I am following the thread to stay informed... Who knows, the informations gathered might be useful to me in the future.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 8:02pm On Jul 04, 2019
DAramis:
I think it is possible. Just get the form from someone, fill it out and use ink to thumb print. Send everything through DHL to your contact in Nigeria who will help you to complete the remaining processing.

My little contribution sha.
This is one very reliable method of getting the police report. The form can even be downloaded online.

The link I was talking about is https://www.wikiprocedure.com/index.php/Nigeria_-_Obtain_police_clearance_certificate

There is a website called getway.ng that helps with it as well. I dont know how genuine they are But they do look genuine.

If the person concerned is based abroad and will go for his or her interview abroad then its far better and cheaper to do the report online instead of spending money traveling to and fro Nigeria. But if the person's visa interview is in Nigeria, then it's better to get the police report when he or she gets back to Nigeria. It takes less than 4 hrs to get the report at Alagbon.

cc: DankbaresHerz, ifunanayamaka

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 9:13pm On Jul 04, 2019
@Sukey, I had responded to your PM. Check your email that starts with ola...key@gmail.com
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by DankbaresHerz: 2:10pm On Jul 05, 2019
Thank you @ legit, God bless you plenty for your selfless contribution to mankind,.. smiley

LegitBachelor:
I think you can get your police report even if you're not in Nigeria. I will look for the link and post here.

cc: DankbaresHerz
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Mariomax101(m): 2:31pm On Jul 05, 2019
select500:

Cheers!

please I need your help, is it only in Lagos or Abuja that you can apply for Police report? I'm living in Imostate Pls I need a your advice thanks!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 2:44pm On Jul 05, 2019
@legitbachelor,I still do not understand how the thing works,everytime I click on your name and it takes me there and I click on send mail,is doesn’t bring the space for me to type instead there’s an automatic messsge there and when I send,I’m unable to send messages again,how do I do it
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 6:48pm On Jul 05, 2019
Sukey:
@legitbachelor,I still do not understand how the thing works,everytime I click on your name and it takes me there and I click on send mail,is doesn’t bring the space for me to type instead there’s an automatic messsge there and when I send,I’m unable to send messages again,how do I do it
You'll have to go to your gmail account, not nairaland account. You'll see my response in your gmail account.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 5:39pm On Jul 06, 2019
Good evening,please who knows how many days the uscis gives to reply to a request for evidence.does it usually take up to a month?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Dutchleez(m): 6:24pm On Jul 07, 2019
Sukey:
Good evening,please who knows how many days the uscis gives to reply to a request for evidence.does it usually take up to a month?

From the day it was mailed to you, you have three months to respond back & it cannot be extended.

If you received an RFE, the time frame is stated at the front page of the letter.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 3:22pm On Jul 09, 2019
Good afternoon everyone,for those who got an RFE that says they should write a handwritten affidavit,am I supposed to send the original affidavit to my petitioner or just scan it to them and have the original with me when I’m going to the embassy for the interview?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Florence2019: 5:47pm On Jul 09, 2019
Good evening guys.
My Fiancé is 17 years older than me and he has three kids. We have met and he just returned back to America and now he wants to file a K1 visa for me but while I was going through some posts on visajourney to know more about this visa, I got to know our age gap is a red flag, him having 3 kids is another red gap and him being divorced is a red flag and now we have 3 red flags. He’s not black too and who knows if that is another red flag! I am confused and I don’t know what to do, has anyone here been approved with red flags like this too?

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mrversatile: 5:56pm On Jul 09, 2019
Hello everyone, will it be possible to reschedule an interview appointment to an earlier date. I booked an appointment initially and got a date that's farther than my intended date of travel. But I just checked and saw that much earlier dates have opened up.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 5:58pm On Jul 09, 2019
Sukey:
Good afternoon everyone,for those who got an RFE that says they should write a handwritten affidavit,am I supposed to send the original affidavit to my petitioner or just scan it to them and have the original with me when I’m going to the embassy for the interview?
Please can you expanciate on this hand written affidavit. Dont understand what exactly is the RFE request
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 6:01pm On Jul 09, 2019
mrversatile:
Hello everyone, will it be possible to reschedule an interview appointment to an earlier date. I booked an appointment initially and got a date that's farther than my intended date of travel. But I just checked and saw that much earlier dates have opened up.
Sure you should be able to reschedule for an earlier date if you've seen the availability. The earlier the better provided all your requirement(medicals etc) are complete.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by GeneralJoe94: 7:53pm On Jul 09, 2019
Florence2019:
Good evening guys.
My Fiancé is 17 years older than me and he has three kids. We have met and he just returned back to America and now he wants to file a K1 visa for me but while I was going through some posts on visajourney to know more about this visa, I got to know our age gap is a red flag, him having 3 kids is another red gap and him being divorced is a red flag and now we have 3 red flags. He’s not black too and who knows if that is another red flag! I am confused and I don’t know what to do, has anyone here been approved with red flags like this too?

We dey the same boat. All we gotta do is to stay positive
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 09, 2019
Florence2019:
Good evening guys.
Him having 3 kids it's the red flag, the rest is nothing. How do you plan to deal being a step mom of 3? Would you marry a man with 3 kids in Nigeria? Do you have kids? - These are the questions you may hear in the embassy.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Hasedeyhot101: 9:11pm On Jul 09, 2019
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Dutchleez(m): 7:26am On Jul 10, 2019
Sukey:

Handwritten? I had mine typed, signed & notarized by my witnesses. It looks more official that way.

However, since it wasn’t stated either to send the original or not, I scanned a copy to my fiancée & the original is kept.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by donasvenss: 7:39am On Jul 10, 2019
Please Nairalanders , I thank each and everyone who has made positive contribution to this forum...Please I have a question...I am not in Nigeria but in one of the Southern Africa country...I have a partner in the State who will be visiting me over here which we intend having our wedding so she can file for me but I realize that would be difficult to do here since I do not a residence permit as I have put in my application for resident permit but hasn’t been out since 4months now...Now I am worried if I should only have my US wife visit me here then we take pics and go nice places then when she goes back to the State and file K1 but am worried since I don’t have my permit now and I have over stayed my visa already... Will it make sense to have my appointment/interview be done in Nigeria but am scared if I won’t have a problem if the CO check my passport during interview and see I over stayed in another country because I don’t know how long getting this permit would still take and am also worried if I leave here I might not be able to make it back... Also does it matter if my partner doesn’t have good credit and has filed for bankruptcy before though she works and earn $15 per hour....Thank you all and hope to get a reply .

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Dutchleez(m): 7:44am On Jul 10, 2019
sandraigho:

Please can you expanciate on this hand written affidavit. Dont understand what exactly is the RFE request

It is an affidavits (written statement)of friends, neighbors or any knowledgeable associates who knows about the case (Beneficiary and Petitioner) are trying to prove.

Mostly, it is required whenever the USCIS is trying to establish the two years meeting requirements.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 1:27pm On Jul 10, 2019
[quote author=Dutchleez post=80114247]

It is an affidavits (written statement)of friends, neighbors or any knowledgeable associates who knows about the case (Beneficiary and Petitioner) are trying to prove.

Mostly, it is required whenever the USCIS is trying to establish the two years meeting requirements.

Thank you,so my question is this.Am I supposed to submit the original affidavits or just scan them to my petitioner and have them with me when it’s time for the interview?the uscis didn’t specify if we should send the original or not,they just asked us to get affidavits
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 2:41pm On Jul 10, 2019
Dutchleez:

Thanks a lot for explaining. Really appreciate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.