Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,773 members, 7,802,374 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (425893 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Ugosample(m): 9:11pm On Jul 26, 2019
achu442:
Hello, someone put me through... My online date needs to send me an invitation to USA, What are the documents she needs to do this?

just so you know

invitation letters are useless
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 9:23pm On Jul 26, 2019
Glorioussugar:

The first question is actually confusing
It's not. It's pretty straight forward. And you guys alone know the answer. And just as sharpman1 said, there are no wrong or right answers. Just tell them the truth and be relaxed, you guys will be approved.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by molybdenum0012: 9:35pm On Jul 26, 2019
Hey guys,
I post the same questions in the other thread but no response. I hope to a response here now.

I have a fiancé, she is a Nigerian- American with green card and she will be coming over here Early next year. We planning on doing a court wedding here before she goes back and file CR1/IR visa for me.

There are questions I would like to ask: Do you think the CO Will doubt the genuiness of the relationship.
For the follwing reasons:
1. She has up to 3 kids
2. She is few years older, 6 yrs.

And what is the best way to prove that the relationship is genuine.

I am just trying to get prepared ahead. I hope I get a honest answers here.

Thank you
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 9:42pm On Jul 26, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Texas is synonymous with that! Hope your day is going smoothly?

Right..... it's going well. Thanks.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 9:44pm On Jul 26, 2019
Glorioussugar:

The first question is actually confusing

It's your choice where you decide to get married. It's a decision to be made by you and your partner.

There's nothing confusing in that.

Cheers!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 10:48pm On Jul 26, 2019
Glorioussugar:

Mine took 2 weeks and some days

Glorioussugar....pls what did you get an RFE for? So we can be guided
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 11:02pm On Jul 26, 2019
sandraigho:

Glorioussugar....pls what did you get an RFE for? So we can be guided

They asked for my fiancé tax clearance, evidence of subsequent visit, how we met, and letters from people that knows about our relationship

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 11:03pm On Jul 26, 2019
Please what do we do after receiving our NOA2? How will we know we’ve been assigned a case number?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 5:53am On Jul 27, 2019
Glorioussugar:
Please what do we do after receiving our NOA2? How will we know we’ve been assigned a case number?
Your fiancee will need to call NVC. They will request for info such as date of birth, passport number, phone number, email address, etc. They'll also provide the case number.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 10:46am On Jul 27, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Your fiancee will need to call NVC. They will request for info such as date of birth, passport number, phone number, email address, etc. They'll also provide the case number.

When should he call NVC please? A week or 2 weeks after the approval?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by achu442(m): 11:22am On Jul 27, 2019
Ugosample:

just so you know

invitation letters are useless

Ok, advice me, what do I do?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 8:01pm On Jul 27, 2019
Glorioussugar:

When should he call NVC please? A week or 2 weeks after the approval?
I think it's two weeks on the average.

I however advice that you contact them via this link before then and update your email and other info: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mekusa10: 8:29pm On Jul 27, 2019
LegitBachelor:

I however advice that you contact them via this link before then and update your email and other info: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html
grin Done

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 9:21pm On Jul 27, 2019
mekusa10:

grin Done
Sharp guy grin

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mekusa10: 9:27pm On Jul 27, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Sharp guy grin
you know the story smiley
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 9:48pm On Jul 27, 2019
LegitBachelor:

Thanks a lot
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by anjiee(f): 4:56pm On Jul 29, 2019
ricovi78:
For the information of anyone that may find themselves in a similar situation and to confirm the responses of @Angela777 and Select500 to my original question, I received the email pasted below from the U.S. embassy this morning in response to an email I sent to them about a week ago on the issue, to wit:

"We advise that applicants schedule an appointment before the expiration of their petition. It does not matter if the appointment date is after the expiration of their petition. If applicant does not take any step towards the commencement of the K1 visa processing by first scheduling an interview and allows the validity of the approved petition to elapse, then you may thereafter consider filing a fresh fiancé petition"

Hi guys, please I need help.

My fiance and I got contacted via mail by the embassy to pay, fill DS 160 form and schedule an appointment on July 13th thereabout.

I had plan to pay first week come August, thinking the petition will expire in three months time, so in my small mind, I still have enough time. My fiance broke the news that he was just reading through when he released that the petition will expire August 1 which is three days from now.

I have gone to pay at GTB and I am about filling the form but then I am kinda stucked here:

"To schedule a visa interview or enter your visa delivery address, you will need to register and create a profile online. If you already have a profile, please do not create a new one. You can always modify your existing profile by logging in using your user ID and password. If you have lost your password, please simply retrieve it by clicking Forgot Your Password? If you are a first time user, click New User? to create your profile."

These is because sometimes last year, I tried applying for B1/B2 visa and I used an agent, but then I was denied (214b) (it was my first, thought using an agent would be better). So I really dont know the email-id used by the agent.

Please what can I do. Time not on my side.

@legitbachelor @djfrancis @sharpman1 @drenimarcus
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by YoungIncredible: 5:01pm On Jul 29, 2019
As per the NPC birth certificate, I have an enquiry.

I was born in ondo state, I have non NPC birth cert from ondo state as well as using ondo state on all my forms. But now, I live in Lagos.

Can I get the NPC cert of ondo birth in Lagos?, or I will have to go to my state for it?, please help
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 5:34pm On Jul 29, 2019
anjiee:

Hi guys, please I need help.

My fiance and I got contacted via mail by the embassy to pay, fill DS 160 form and schedule an appointment on July 13th thereabout.

I had plan to pay first week come August, thinking the petition will expire in three months time, so in my small mind, I still have enough time. My fiance broke the news that he was just reading through when he released that the petition will expire August 1 which is three days from now.

I have gone to pay at GTB and I am about filling the form but then I am kinda stucked here:

"To schedule a visa interview or enter your visa delivery address, you will need to register and create a profile online. If you already have a profile, please do not create a new one. You can always modify your existing profile by logging in using your user ID and password. If you have lost your password, please simply retrieve it by clicking Forgot Your Password? If you are a first time user, click New User? to create your profile."

These is because sometimes last year, I tried applying for B1/B2 visa and I used an agent, but then I was denied (214b) (it was my first, thought using an agent would be better). So I really dont know the email-id used by the agent.

Please what can I do. Time not on my side.

@legitbachelor @djfrancis @sharpman1 @drenimarcus

Hi, I think you should probably call ustraveldocs and explain this to them. They will guide you on what to do.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by anjiee(f): 5:47pm On Jul 29, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Hi, I think you should probably call ustraveldocs and explain this to them. They will guide you on what to do.

Been trying to call but to no avail. I guess they are closed for the day. Would like to know, will I b able to schedule an appointment also that same tomorrow after filling the DS 160 form. or it usually takes more days....

I am so worried.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 5:50pm On Jul 29, 2019
anjiee:

Been trying to call but to no avail. I guess they are closed for the day. Would like to know, will I b able to schedule an appointment also that same tomorrow after filling the DS 160 form. or it usually takes more days....

I am so worried.

You can schedule your appt and submit ds-160 same day. You can email ustraveldocs if the calls don’t go through. support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com number 012278955

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by anjiee(f): 6:05pm On Jul 29, 2019
Drenimarcus:

You can schedule your appt and submit ds-160 same day. You can email ustraveldocs if the calls don’t go through.

I have already, hopefully I get a prompt response. Thanks....

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 6:06pm On Jul 29, 2019
anjiee:

Okay nice. Wish you good luck!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by djfrancis: 5:05am On Jul 30, 2019
@legitBachelor how’s your AOS process going?

I used my green card to Canada today. First travel�, very smooth.

The feeling of traveling without a visa ‘Dey sweet body sha’

8 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 11:26am On Jul 30, 2019
anjiee:

Hello have you been able to sort out the issue?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by anjiee(f): 3:02pm On Jul 30, 2019
Glorioussugar:

Hello have you been able to sort out the issue?

I have not, I am tired of waiting. Thinking of using a new username.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 3:10pm On Jul 30, 2019
Wow congrats djfrancis. Yours was fast! I'm still in the waiting stage. Dallas has a long wait time apparently. But God is in control.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 3:14pm On Jul 30, 2019
anjiee:

I have not, I am tired of waiting. Thinking of using a new username.
I'm surprised ustraveldocs hasn't resolved this. They are usually very fast. Did you try calling (012278955) and emailing (support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com and Support@ustraveldocs.com)? Well I advice you try using a new username if they don't respond and select the earliest available date. If you create a new profile and don't see any available date to schedule, make sure you call (014603400) the US Embassy to tell them you couldn't schedule an interview date, also do them an email (LagosIV@state.gov) as well so that it will not appear as if you allowed the validity of the approved petition to elapse. At least they'll see you made an effort to schedule a date.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-main-contactus.asp

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by pelumsie(f): 6:07am On Jul 31, 2019
Go to NPC office near agege pen cinema with all the documents you have. They will be able to issue you a replacement. It won’t be free

YoungIncredible:
As per the NPC birth certificate, I have an enquiry.

I was born in ondo state, I have non NPC birth cert from ondo state as well as using ondo state on all my forms. But now, I live in Lagos.

Can I get the NPC cert of ondo birth in Lagos?, or I will have to go to my state for it?, please help
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by anjiee(f): 9:59am On Jul 31, 2019
LegitBachelor:
I'm surprised ustraveldocs hasn't resolved this. They are usually very fast. Did you try calling (012278955) and emailing (support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com and Support@ustraveldocs.com)? Well I advice you try using a new username if they don't respond and select the earliest available date. If you create a new profile and don't see any available date to schedule, make sure you call (014603400) the US Embassy to tell them you couldn't schedule an interview date, also do them an email (LagosIV@state.gov) as well so that it will not appear as if you allowed the validity of the approved petition to elapse. At least they'll see you made an effort to schedule a date.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-main-contactus.asp

I have been able to get across to the agent to give me the password, just got it now. Thanks a lot
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by anjiee(f): 10:10am On Jul 31, 2019
Pls what should i click here?

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by anjiee(f): 10:37am On Jul 31, 2019
anjiee:
Pls what should i click here?

Hi guys, I already figured out, k1 was classified as immigrant not non-immigrant. I have a little challenge: please which is receipt number? on my GTB Transaction receipt, I can see transaction reference! Is it same as MRV receipt number?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.