Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:42 PM

Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail (9057 Views)

On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo / Fasheun's OPC Faction Clashes With Police While Launching UPN / The Arabic Inscription On The Naira Note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by jidsoon(m): 10:49am On Jul 19, 2010
Individuals who wear T-Shirts on which the word ‘Police’ is inscribed will be arrested and prosecuted, the leadership of the Ogun State Police Command said at the weekend.

The Command’s Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi, said in Abeokuta, the state capital, that information at the disposal of the police has established that the T-Shirts are being use to commit various crimes in the society.

Similarly, the command warned that shops where such materials are being sold will be closed and the owners prosecuted. “The Command will beam its searchlight on dealers of shops where T-Shirts with Police inscriptions are stored or sold, for these shirts are being used to commit crimes in the state and enough is enough. The Command wishes to warn that anyone found in possession of these shirts or clothing will be arrested and charged to court accordingly,” Mr Adejobi said.

He also appealed to the public to understand that these steps taken by the police are meant to ensure more effective policing in Ogun State.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5595554-146/wear_t-shirts_with_police_inscription_and.csp
Re: Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by kodewrita(m): 11:52am On Jul 19, 2010
This is so absurd. Next thing you know, it would be a crime to use words like Police or Army in normal conversation.

Nowhere on those shirts does it say "Nigerian Police". They are just parochial idiots trying to enforce power in their own tiny little sphere.
Re: Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by skyndyp(f): 12:34pm On Jul 19, 2010
They can't be serious. Those shirts don't look anything like uniforms
Re: Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by redcliff: 12:37pm On Jul 19, 2010
hmmm, funny people, they wont go and attend to pressing national security issues, na when person dey in him own them go dey find him trouble, awon oshi,
Re: Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by damilola15: 12:44pm On Jul 19, 2010
Those idiots never ceases to amaze me angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by bash4us(m): 12:50pm On Jul 19, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked do u blame them? bundle of nitwits! work dem no no, fashion dem no sabi!
Re: Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by johndavid1(m): 12:52pm On Jul 19, 2010
bash4us:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked do u blame them? bundle of nitwits! work dem no no, fashion dem no sabi!
grin grin grin
Re: Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by anitabest(f): 12:53pm On Jul 19, 2010
this is rubbish, they should go and fight all those criminals outside not poor masses lyk us.
Re: Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by eldee(m): 12:56pm On Jul 19, 2010
Hehehe . . . they've banned people from wearing a major brand?? Police??
What next they'll ban people from wearing Adidas on grounds of impersonating the Super Eagles??

Unexposed imbeciles.
Re: Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by domin8(f): 1:00pm On Jul 19, 2010
This is an example of gross ignorance!!! This fools have definitely not heard of the 'Police' designer brand before.So if i wear my Police Sunshades dem go come arrest me abi? Why won't the Nigeria Police (Force) be so incompetent when we have fools like this there?
Re: Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:01pm On Jul 19, 2010
See y'all talking like sey una get mouth, I dare you to wear a fashioon attire with the word POLICE and visit Onikan Police station or SARS Ikeja, whether dem no go brush your teeth with AK47  grin
Re: Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by vinmol: 1:04pm On Jul 19, 2010
stupid ignoramus! where is it written Nigerian Police Idiots!

police is a well respected designer MUMU! go and resolve more pressing issues facing your twenty! twenty!! naira idiots
Re: Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by kaiosama(m): 1:05pm On Jul 19, 2010
i don't like this critics. i am a police man, so respect me for that, no bad comments pls.
Re: Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by domin8(f): 1:05pm On Jul 19, 2010
eldee:

Hehehe . . . they've banned people from wearing a major brand?? Police??
What next they'll ban people from wearing Adidas on grounds of impersonating the Super Eagles??

Unexposed imbeciles.
LWKMD! grin grin grin grin grin But with these kind of imbeciles anything is possible o!
Re: Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by domin8(f): 1:09pm On Jul 19, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

See y'all talking like sey una get mouth, I dare you to wear a fashioon attire with the word POLICE and visit Onikan Police station or SARS Ikeja, whether dem no go brush your teeth with AK47  grin
Freaking idiot like you! Should that be the case? A bunch of illiterates using weapons purchased with tax payers money to intimidate civilians? . I can swear you are a the one who disturbs me for #20 anytime i drive by that junction! Idiota!
kai-osama!:

i don't like this critics. i am a police man, so respect me for that, no bad comments pls.

Unfortunate you. sad sad
Re: Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by dessy01(m): 1:15pm On Jul 19, 2010
na wa oo. how police go dey arrest people where wear the designers. shey na dem fault say
the owners name their brand police.

them no see wetin dem go take use chop again. na frustration dey cause all this one so.
Re: Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by lonelypal(m): 1:17pm On Jul 19, 2010
Lmao!, grin
This is absurd! shocked
A big disgrace to the Nigerian Police Force. This shows how uneffective and bastardised our police force is. To think this is all they can come out with to combat crime, I dnt think the area vigilantes in the areas will think of such a dumb idea. These punks simply lack the necessary intelligence for effective policing. The entire police force needs total overhauling angry
Re: Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by maborukoje(f): 1:19pm On Jul 19, 2010
so nigerian police dont know dat POLICE is a designer  t shirt nw thery are makin a law dat we shouldnt wear own designer cloth so dat we wont inpersonate dem and cloth 20 naira frm dere regular customers,they are foolish   embarassed embarassed
Re: Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by Ranoscky(m): 1:21pm On Jul 19, 2010
Nigerian police just dey disgrace dia self with dirty law wey dem dey impose say na to help the country fight crime.

so if i wear 1 confirm designers now wey dem write police na'em be say dem go lock me up shey?

the problem is, we never get good leaders that'll handle our gr8t country Nigeria, that's just it!  

fukk the government dey dunno anything, all dey know is to embezle and nothing else! na only GOD dey save us!

make dem fight crime in the normal way and not baning designers that inscript police on it! SENSELESS GOVERNMENT!
Re: Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by Ibomade1: 1:22pm On Jul 19, 2010
Wonders no go end 4 9ja. Next thing you must no wear black trouser.
Re: Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by DisGuy: 1:35pm On Jul 19, 2010
The Command’s Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi, said in Abeokuta, the state capital, that information at the disposal of the police has established that the T-Shirts are being use to commit various crimes in the society.

See these i.diot, they should come out with members of the public who have been defrauded or been victims of these trend to solidify their claims

that Mallam IGP Onovo should be sacked quick!!
Re: Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 19, 2010
kai-osama!:

Oga olopa! no vex! u shud av not said u were a policeman! now u av created attention for yourself!!
What re u doing on NL sef? no "shandi" to collect at checking point today

The problem with Nigeria is that we do not place our priorities right! Mschewwww!
Re: Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by ricky01: 1:46pm On Jul 19, 2010
i thnk dat commissioner should be kidnap, stupid people
Re: Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by lajjy(m): 1:47pm On Jul 19, 2010
Bunch of inglorious maggots trying to dodge resposibility by scheming up irrelevant issues. Broadday light kidnapping, armed robbery on the street and highways, killing of commercial bus operators becuase of 20 naira and several heinous crimes are been perpetrated by these demonic animals. They just cant stop amusing us.  

Wetin concerning wearing an internation designer brand like POLICE  wit crimes. I no just understand the my country again. At least those in the lowest cadre can read and write ( abi dem no get SSCE).

Am sure very soon, wearing T-SHIRTS wit gun logos will secure a  direct jail term.  

Like Da Grin of blessed memory said '' mi o like olopa , mi o de kin sere pelu DPO"
Re: Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 19, 2010
What a disgrace! So, wearing Police designer clothing, or T-shirts depicting the British rock band, The Police, is now prohibited in Ogun State? There will always be crime in Nigeria, the withdrawal of these shirts won't make the slightest different. What would make all the difference is effective policing, something which is alien to the Nigerian Police Force.

kai-osama!:

If you're really one of those thugs that roam the streets of Nigeria, demanding money with menace from the citizens you're meant to protect and serve, then I'm truly sorry for you. Respect? You don't know the meaning of the word. Respect is not a privilege, it's earned.
Re: Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by maxtop(m): 2:06pm On Jul 19, 2010
These "men in black" aren't serious @ all,
Re: Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by googleboy: 2:12pm On Jul 19, 2010
Another way to extort money from innocent poor people, bunch of ignorant bastards in the naija police force, gosh i hate these bastards, not long ago they passed a law or a statement that if you wear nigeria police uniform in a movie, u will be arrested, go figure, people with no vision, no sense of direction
Re: Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by Catchfire1: 2:25pm On Jul 19, 2010
CHEI!!!! angry angry angry

I Just bought mine the other day, ve worn it just once (So which POLICE is going to refund me?) undecided undecided
Re: Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by lexxwiz(m): 2:46pm On Jul 19, 2010
D Government Has FAILED, FAILED NATION, Dis is HILARIOUS,OBNOXIOUS,VIRUS, I WEEP cry cry cry
Re: Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by coalcoal1(m): 2:49pm On Jul 19, 2010
the Nigeria police should just concentrate on security issues especially armed robbery and kidnapping and stop concerning themselves with trivial issues like t shirt inscriptions
Re: Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by clown: 2:52pm On Jul 19, 2010
I LOVE THE NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE FARCE wink
Re: Wear T-shirts With ‘police’ Inscription And Go To Jail by iice(f): 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2010
loooool anyhoo i still have my maximum security inmate shirt. I could still rock that cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Biafrans On Self Defense photos / Jimi Agbaje Live On The Discourse Today At 2pm. / Reps To Probe N20 Trillion ‘non-remitted’ Stamp Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.