Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,764 members, 7,806,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

Would You Lie To Save A Life? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would You Lie To Save A Life? (4623 Views)

Poll: Would You Lie?

Yes Its Necesarry: 88% (56 votes)
No Its immoral: 11% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read / Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? / Is It Biblical To Pray For A Life Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Lie To Save A Life? by kokoye(m): 3:48pm On Jul 19, 2010
Does not matter . . big lie or small lie, as long as it would save someone's life.

Would you lie to save a life?
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by Jenwitemi(m): 4:35pm On Jul 19, 2010
Yes, i would, without hesitation or second thought.
kokoye:

Does not matter . . big lie or small lie, as long as it would save someone's life.

Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 19, 2010
Jenwitemi:

Yes, i would, without hesitation or second thought.
I already know what u would do if the life of a theist were to be involved. Tell the truth of cause no?
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by jesus3: 4:50pm On Jul 19, 2010
he would speak the truth to get a christian/ muslim hanged if need be

toba:

I already know what u would do if the life of a theist were to be involved. Tell the truth of cause no?
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by remoranger(m): 4:55pm On Jul 19, 2010
OFFCOURSE angry
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by Catchfire1: 4:57pm On Jul 19, 2010
kokoye:

any day, anytime!

I think the question should have been "do u think the Pope would lie to save a Life"?
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by Jenwitemi(m): 5:04pm On Jul 19, 2010
I don't differentiate folks by their religious affiliations. In a situation of life and death, i only see humanity in my fellow man. I don't care which tribe, race, religion, politcal ideology, etc etc you belong to. If i need to lie to save your life, i would over and over again until your behind is saved.

But i don't think you guys would understand that since your lives are split into "US" and "THEM". I am not part of that kind of life.
toba:

jesus.:

he would speak the truth to get a christian/ muslim hanged if need be

1 Like

Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by sayso: 5:08pm On Jul 19, 2010
very well,lawyers do it always.
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by ricky01: 5:13pm On Jul 19, 2010
depends
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by canuck(m): 5:19pm On Jul 19, 2010
Folks that will answer an emphatic "No" would have told a lie. . .and there's even no life at stake sef! smiley
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by OboBoco(f): 5:21pm On Jul 19, 2010
yes!!!!!!, i would lie to save a life and give the person an opportunity to become a better person in future.
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 19, 2010
Jenwitemi:

I don't differentiate folks by their religious affiliations. In a situation of life and death, i only see humanity in my fellow man. I don't care which tribe, race, religion, politcal ideology, etc etc you belong to. If i need to lie to save your life, i would over and over again until your behind is saved.

But i don't think you guys would understand that since your lives are split into "US" and "THEM". I am not part of that kind of life.

U re contradicting ur self.

countless time u openly displayed ur hatred for Christianity and Christians here on NL. Now u cling to humanity.
Man say something else
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by canuck(m): 5:27pm On Jul 19, 2010
Saving a life is stretching things - According to research, "lying is a way of life" for North Americans, as they "lie several times a day, or in one out of every four conversations that lasts more than 10 minutes."

Olopa o!

http://www.cbc.ca/documentaries/doczone/2009/truthaboutliars/facts.html

However, the huge difference is Nigerians lie about lying!  cheesy
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by madlady(f): 5:34pm On Jul 19, 2010
kokoye:

To save the life of my mother,father, brother cousin, best friend and kiss a big Yes.

To save the life of our present Prime Minister, NEVER not even a tiny lie.
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by Emperoh(m): 5:42pm On Jul 19, 2010
Without thinking twice!!
Collateral damage fit they. . . . in such a case, the person involved is the determinant!

but no be person like Abacha oo!!!
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by madlady(f): 5:46pm On Jul 19, 2010
Emperoh:

Without thinking twice!!
Collateral damage fit they. . . . in such a case, the person involved is the determinant!

Exactly.
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by oweniwe(m): 5:54pm On Jul 19, 2010
It depends on the situation. If i know that the person is guilty as charged, ie a serial killer, armed robber, our thief thief politicians, etc, i will TELL THE TRUTH MAKE DEM GO HELL! But if the accused is innocent, the charges are not clear, or the crime committed is not worth a death sentence, well. . . I will lie coz if i don't it would be like i killed the accused or the blood is in my hands.
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by Freiburger(m): 5:55pm On Jul 19, 2010
It depends, if that lie will take another life elsewhere in will not, but if no other life is endangered with my lie i will quickly do it without hesitation as Jenwitemi rightly said.
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by oweniwe(m): 5:58pm On Jul 19, 2010
Emperoh:

Without thinking twice!!

Or sani Yerima
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by kokoye(m): 6:01pm On Jul 19, 2010
I decided to ask the question after I saw the movie 'Pelham123'.

The guy lied publicly (that he commited a crime of taking a bribe) to save a boy's life. maybe he did take the bribe

Some appreicated the fact that he saved a life at his own expense while some wanted to crucify him for taking a bribe.
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by Spyker: 6:07pm On Jul 19, 2010
Save a life and ask God for forgiveness afterwards.
I think that to my knowledge is better than loosing a life when just saying something can make a difference.
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by Ibomade1: 6:08pm On Jul 19, 2010
Maybe , Maybe not
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by egift(m): 6:13pm On Jul 19, 2010
To save mine? - No (I may end up in hell)

To save another? - Yes (Its a sacrifice - its less crime than the first) i may just short-cut to heaven (my life were in good state earlier and this action were of good intent.

That's how I see it.
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by Jenwitemi(m): 6:17pm On Jul 19, 2010
I won't deny that i show disgust, but not to christians themselves, but to christianity itself as a religion and what it does to the minds of it's adherents. To christians themselves, i show pity, not hatred. The problem here is that christians have adopted this parasitical religion as their own identity, so when you show disgust to their identity(their religious faith), they take it that you hate them as well. This is far from the truth.
toba:

U re contradicting your self.

countless time u openly displayed your hatred for Christianity and Christians here on NL. Now u cling to humanity.
Man say something else
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by Nymphnode(m): 6:17pm On Jul 19, 2010
What about in a case of blood transfusion where you are asked if the blood in question had been screened or not? I mean the only available blood.

Well I'm just looking for a technical choice that could make your lie hunt you for the rest of your life
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by Ben13: 6:21pm On Jul 19, 2010
Lies are meant for comfort. I still believe that.
It becomes a sin when it is told to destroy one's image or reputation.
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by petres007(m): 6:21pm On Jul 19, 2010
@OP. To be honest, yes I will o. even before I remeber whats up  grin grin grin
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by yagbaboy1(m): 7:31pm On Jul 19, 2010
i have lied for some stupid reasons b4.so is it the one lie that will aid one out dat i will not want to lie? am out to lie day and night just to save my neigbhours life
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by chamotex(m): 7:38pm On Jul 19, 2010
Men lie, women lie . . . . everybody lies!
So why wouldn't I lie to save a life
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by kokoye(m): 7:38pm On Jul 19, 2010
But whatever happened to 'Thou shall not lie'??

grin  grin
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by oladayo042: 7:48pm On Jul 19, 2010
Without a second thought.
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by Igwe9(m): 7:59pm On Jul 19, 2010
yes, if and only if no other innocent person's life or my own life is at stake.
Having said that, I wouldn't lie to save kidnappers life at the detriment of their hostage

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The True Sons Of God / Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija / Why You Should Sleep With Your Holy Bible Open

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.