Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? (23509 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Osibanjo And Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Holy Ghost Service Today(Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by dayokanu(m): 5:11pm On Jul 19, 2010
Since we all know that Akingbola and Ibru were looting the public silly through their banks and donating part of it to the church, I personally think the church should refund this money back to the govt.

Any key donations the duo made should be returned to the public

Since the 2 were key donors for the jet, and other key financial dealings of the church.

This brings me to the story of a man who was alleged to have sold a generator at Sheraton Hotels and gave 10% to Christ Embassy, what became of the money?
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Tudor6(f): 7:02pm On Jul 19, 2010
Men of Dog like Adeboye and Chris feel they have no moral obligation to the victims of this fraud. I cant say i'm surprised.

1 Like

Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Duroe: 1:18pm On Jul 20, 2010
People seems to think a church belongs to an individual. Even if the GO/GS/Pastor incharge is the 'founder', only one person does not make or own a church. Except the money donated by these men are identified with them e.g in form of payment by cheque; and if they specifically confessed that the money is not from their rightful earnings, it is then the church (not Adeboye/Chris or any individual) may be obliged to refund it to whoever the givers identify as the proper owner.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by matoyeh(m): 4:05pm On Jul 20, 2010
Tudór:

Men of Dog like Adeboye and Chris feel they have no moral obligation to the victims of this fraud. I cant say i'm surprised.
grin Fi ese sile koo fénu ko! ndi ara, shege kowai
tongue be careful!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by youngies(m): 4:11pm On Jul 20, 2010
dayokanu:

Since we all know that Akingbola and Ibru were looting the public silly through their banks and donating part of it to the church, I personally think the church should refund this money back to the govt.

Since the 2 were key donors for the jet, and other key financial dealings of the church.

This brings me to the story of a man who was alleged to have sold a generator at Sheraton Hotels and gave 10% to Christ Embassy, what became of the money?

I beg to disagree

I think they should be made to return the monies to the banks they stole from.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by dayokanu(m): 4:31pm On Jul 20, 2010
youngies:

I beg to disagree

I think they should be made to return the monies to the banks they stole from.

Anyway, they should return the money and find a way to get it back to the depositors either through govt or through the banks
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by anonimi: 6:54pm On Jul 20, 2010
Here is a related response on another thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-481018.160.html#msg6419790
-------------------------------------
Adeboye and his fellow scamming pastors, who claim to be God's representative because they know-all obviously find it difficult to follow Christ's example when it comes to dealing with fraudsters and sharp-suited banker-scammers.
Read Jesus' encounter with Zaccheus in Luke 19: 1-10

1 And Jesus entered and passed through Jericho. 2 And, behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich. 3 And he sought to see Jesus who he was; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature. 4 And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way. 5 And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house. 6 And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully. 7 And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner. 8 And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold. 9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham. 10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Do you know of any such scenario in any church today
Did the Bible not say my people perish for lack of knowledge
This thread only confirms the above statement as most are hung on their scamming pastors words and defend the indefensible.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by anonimi: 10:18am On Jul 21, 2010
The yorubas have a saying:

eni gbe epo l'aja ko jale bi eni to gba lowo e= he who stole oil from the shelve is not as guilty as the one who received it from him.

do the maths and figure out where the gravity of the supposedly all-knowing pastors' guilt lies.

when one realises that Proverbs 14 verse 34 says:

Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.

it is obvious why our country is still in the doldrums despite multiple churches all over the place.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by stormm: 11:22am On Jul 21, 2010
dayokanu:

The man(an accounts clerk) actually stole money in millions and gave the whole thing to CE in additionn to buying generators for some parishes of the church. The story is CE washed their hands off the dude they claimed the church did NOT send him to steal or embezzle. Sad indeed .
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Enigma(m): 1:21pm On Jul 21, 2010
^^^ There are lots of them in Chris Embassy (parading as Christ Embassy); it is basically endemic there and it's as if the people are bewitched to go and steal and them bring the stolen money into the church. Below is another example:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-356276.0.html

N15m scam rocks Chris Oyakhilome’s church
23 November, 2009 01:27:00 Reports

Another round of crisis is rocking Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy, as a former student of Igbinedion University, Okada, Edo State, Victor Osagie, alias Jerry Finger, has admitted defrauding foreigners of $96,607( about N15million) and spending the proceeds on tithes and offerings in the church.

Osagie, a 23 -year old former Chemical Engineering student who dropped out of the university in 2004 due to what he called ‘family issues’, was picked up by operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in Benin, following a petition by a regional compliance officer with Moneygram International, who suspected that the number of foreign ladies, mostly Americans and Germans, who have been sending money to the fraudster were victims of fraud.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by dayokanu(m): 3:13pm On Jul 21, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by AloyEmeka8: 4:16pm On Jul 21, 2010
For what?. The money has gone up to God. If EFCC wants the money badly, they can contact God or freeze God's assets. Bastards.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Mkpotu(m): 4:20pm On Jul 21, 2010
This topic would rather be described as illogical and mere distraction which does not deserve any answer!!!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by bawomolo(m): 4:22pm On Jul 21, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

For what?. The money has gone up to God. If EFCC wants the money badly, they can contact God or freeze God's assets. Bastards.

you mean there is a money transfer service from RCCG headquarters to heaven?
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Tudor6(f): 4:31pm On Jul 21, 2010
Mkpotu:

This topic would rather be described as illogical and mere distraction which does not deserve any answer!!!
Returning looted funds to the rightful owners is what you call illogical?

My goodness. . .what has christianity turned into these days?
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by micklplus(m): 4:32pm On Jul 21, 2010
anonimi:

Here is a related response on another thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-481018.160.html#msg6419790
-------------------------------------
Adeboye and his fellow scamming pastors, who claim to be God's representative because they know-all obviously find it difficult to follow Christ's example when it comes to dealing with fraudsters and sharp-suited banker-scammers.
Read Jesus' encounter with Zaccheus in Luke 19: 1-10

1 And Jesus entered and passed through Jericho. 2 And, behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich. 3 And he sought to see Jesus who he was; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature. 4 And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way. 5 And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house. 6 And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully. 7 And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner. 8 And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold. 9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham. 10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Do you know of any such scenario in any church today
Did the Bible not say my people perish for lack of knowledge
This thread only confirms the above statement as most are hung on their scamming pastors words and defend the indefensible.

U are sensible and may the Lord bless u.

My gullible people perish because of lack of knowledge ! Most pastors capitalise on the desperations and stupidity of their church members.

One would wonder at the so called knowledgeable(s) and how good they fall prey to these packaging and marketing directors called pastors!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by sayso: 4:33pm On Jul 21, 2010
vanity upon vanity,why not reject what is evil because of the body of Christ you preach.Do they praech money?
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Tudor6(f): 4:35pm On Jul 21, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

For what?. The money has gone up to God. If EFCC wants the money badly, they can contact God or freeze God's assets.  Bastards.
God receives stolen money from RCCG?

The God Adeboye worships then is a criminal. QED
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by micklplus(m): 4:41pm On Jul 21, 2010
^^^

their gods na confirmed criminal
LOL
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Ranoscky(m): 4:42pm On Jul 21, 2010
Quote from @OP: "This brings me to the story of a man who was alleged to have sold a generator at Sheraton Hotels and gave 10% to Christ Embassy, what became of the money?"

^^ wetin don loss, don loss!

u mean say if som1 want's to giv an offerin in d church d pastor will ask him/her how did he/she got d moni? NO!

Whatever donation/offerin u giv to d church has b'com d churchs; and, whatever crime u commited before u got d moni is ur problem. wen u'r caught, dey'll ask u wia d moni at? (definitely u don paint town red so d moni no go complete again) what dey can only do next is to try to get remainance of d moni den take u to court for trial, daz all!  okwu onum!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by baslone: 4:48pm On Jul 21, 2010
Let them go ahead and seize God's private Jets and see what will happen!!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by kufreabasi(m): 4:49pm On Jul 21, 2010
dayokanu:

For what?
Among all the monies both donated to the church, can you dish out those note with their exact numbers, denomination of those notes, and how much it is even with their general offerings?
If possible, go ahead.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by papaejima2: 4:50pm On Jul 21, 2010
Nigerian christians do not fear God but they fear their pastors.

As for the question, I think it would be practically impossible to identify the part of their loot they had donated to the church. However, these pastors know what they ought to do in order to discourage such sinful actions by their members. They can not continue to turn a blind eye to these deeds. They have a responsibility to God and the people to speak out and ask questions when the need arises. If they are sincere, they know what to do or say.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by dayokanu(m): 4:51pm On Jul 21, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

The money was given to RCCG, if RCCg now claims they have sent it to God, then we need the transfer details, The Bank account God used that they transfered it to, was it by wire, escrow or what?

Mkpotu:

Illogical is returning money to people who were defrauded of their hard earned income?

^^ wetin don loss, don loss!

u mean say if som1 want's to giv an offerin in d church d pastor will ask him/her how did he/she got d moni? NO!

Whatever donation/offerin u giv to d church has b'com d churchs; and, whatever crime u commited before u got d moni is your problem. wen u'r caught, dey'll ask u wia d moni at? (definitely u don paint town red so d moni no go complete again) what dey can only do next is to try to get remainance of d moni den take u to court for trial, daz all!

U mean say if Lawrence Anini or Vincent Otokoto bring moni, Pastor no suppose ask am he go just pocket am?

You know say for law you sef don be accomplice to theft be dat, Abi Law don change wen e reach church matter?
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by jpworld(m): 4:53pm On Jul 21, 2010
Church business is much more than the National cake the politician are sharing, cut your own now in the name of Jesus Amen! nonsense,
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Tgirl4real(f): 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2010
bawomolo:

you mean there is a money transfer service from RCCG headquarters to heaven?

lol. Thieves.

If they preach the right message, no way will these men give stolen money to the church, but because of what they will eat, they will rather preach another gospel other than the gospel of our lord Jesus Christ. Their messages attract thives like them. No wonder Nigeria is not getting better.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by emmydee(m): 5:02pm On Jul 21, 2010
Tudór:

My sister, u dont call an anointed man of God a 'man of dog' no matter the level of your disagreement with what he's doing.
I honestly support that the govt. (EFCC) should go after the loot wherever they are and retrieve them, but it doesnt call for such insults.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by KGNAIRA: 5:04pm On Jul 21, 2010
Remember, "Touch not my annoited and do my Prophet no harm" I suggest you rethink your comments against men of God before posting them here.

God's wrath can be fatal. However it is not too late to repent
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by abhosts(m): 5:04pm On Jul 21, 2010
Bernie Madoff gave millions of Dollars in donations to numerous Charities and Foundations, while he ran his Ponzi Scheme. Were they asked to return anything?

For Your Information, Erastus Akingbola made donations towards many causes that were non-religious in Nature. Example: He donated a building to Unilag's PG School. So should Unilag return his building as well?

When you nab a fraudster, you can only confiscate stuff that belongs to him and not what he has spent or given out.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by dayokanu(m): 5:08pm On Jul 21, 2010
kufreabasi:

For what?
Among all the monies both donated to the church, can you dish out those note with their exact numbers, denomination of those notes, and how much it is even with their general offerings?
If possible, go ahead.

What now happens to depositors whose money was stolen?

baslone:

Let them go ahead and seize God's private Jets and see what will happen!!

The private jet they use to organise excursion to heaven to see God?
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by seunmsg(m): 5:09pm On Jul 21, 2010
The God Adeboye worships then is a criminal. QED
, May God forgive you.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by dayokanu(m): 5:10pm On Jul 21, 2010
KG_NAIRA:

Remember, "Touch not my annoited and do my Prophet no harm" I suggest you rethink your comments against men of God before posting them here.

God's wrath can be fatal. However it is not too late to repent

Which men of God? You mean the ones that connive with Politicians and bank execs to steal ordinary peoples money?

I am sure the God I know wont allow such atrocities, Maybe they are worshipping another God which allows them to steal money

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

"Why Nigerians Have Not Revolted Against Buhari" - Rev Eragbai, General Overseer / Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor / Pa Enebeli Elebuwa Exposes Pastor Sign Fireman. Says He Is A 419ner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.