Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,867 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

I Live In Lekki - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Live In Lekki (17839 Views)

Policemen, Families Live In Danger Of Barracks’ Collapse (photo) / Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? / Best Place To Live In Lagos? Need Your Opinion(abroad 27yrs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Live In Lekki by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 19, 2010
this also happened top some guy in my office

the guys stays in dolpin estate .

some twats built a so called retaining wall to keep the water out.
anyway the wall gave way, the guy woke up and came downstairs to find everything including his ride submerged
Re: I Live In Lekki by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 19, 2010
[b]I currently finished roofing a 2 units of 4 bedroom bungalow at Ajegunle, Lagos, and advised the owner that we shouldnt commence with the finishing until the rain ends.
So far, we've noticed some leakage within the aluminum roof and thats been fixed with silicon. Theres some problem with soak-away, since the land itself is watery, the water seems to seep out from within the ground below beating the 2 inches casting we did, choking the fiberglass we installed within the ground. We are condemning the fibreglass to do a normal iron and concrete casting work for the soakaway instead. And the owner didnt take my advice when I informed him that we need to get extra blocks, break them, to fill the holes within the fence acting as the perimeters of the house. Now, the rain showed that this is critical as water from the rain keeps entering the fence, and starts weakening it from below. The rain showed all this. We wont be doing major corrections until the rain stops.
Sometimes, its necessary you wait before moving into the house if you are located close to a canal or water, the rain always shows you that nature is not always that easily tamed with just blocks and concrete. You need experts, not just some hustlers who think its all about textbooks and wearing suits to site![/b]
Re: I Live In Lekki by agabaI23(m): 7:18pm On Jul 19, 2010
browncocos:

hmm never mind!
Actually I do mind. Explain please
Re: I Live In Lekki by kaching1(m): 7:21pm On Jul 19, 2010
[color=#990000][/color]This house is actually situated at Gbagada and not lekki. The pics are not photoshopped. Poor drainage after the rains on a rainy sunday and YES i know the details!!!!!
Re: I Live In Lekki by tkb417(m): 7:21pm On Jul 19, 2010
Lekki bawo when Ogudu and Magodo G.R.A dey there

Lekki badore ni
Re: I Live In Lekki by agabaI23(m): 7:21pm On Jul 19, 2010
THE AMAKA:

not me, if i were talking about me i would have said so.
she is Susan Peters, a Nollywood actress.

now back to topic.

You like being the boss don't you? You can go back to the topic. Bye bye!
Re: I Live In Lekki by THEAMAKA(f): 7:22pm On Jul 19, 2010
agabaI23:

You like being the boss don't you? You can go back to the topic. Bye bye!

cool cool cool
Re: I Live In Lekki by mrtidy(m): 7:24pm On Jul 19, 2010
That's horrible
come to think of a nation where insurance is inexistence and where it does is best described as a scam.
Imagine the loss due to negligence, And those freak at the planning office would be after your ass if you mould a block!!!!!
Re: I Live In Lekki by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 19, 2010
I live in Lekki and its a beautiful environment, ocean views, good air, and wonder architectural designs, why dont you paste some pictures of New Orleans, USA ? I don't think you should hate the wealthy class, you mock yourself in doing that.
Re: I Live In Lekki by Pafuri(m): 7:42pm On Jul 19, 2010
The wealthy? cheesy cheesy undecided undecided grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Live In Lekki by sjeezy8: 7:42pm On Jul 19, 2010
The WHOLE south Nigeria is prone to floods due to its heavy rains-

Its not really a big deal tho- look at Miami beach. They have floods and hurricanes ALL the time- but its still one of the biggest tourest destination in America

^^^ I love this pick lol

But Id still stay in Lekki over anyplace in Naija, just like id live in Miami over Most places in America.
Re: I Live In Lekki by agabaI23(m): 7:44pm On Jul 19, 2010
THE AMAKA:

cool cool cool
What are you feeling like? The squirrel in the movie Madagascar?
Re: I Live In Lekki by lawmanlala(m): 7:46pm On Jul 19, 2010
But the beer glasses defied the flood and remained intact on the table, probably to pop-up champaign and celebrate the rain, chanting its a rainy day, alleluia, its a rainy day alleluia
Re: I Live In Lekki by mrtidy(m): 7:48pm On Jul 19, 2010
LeoMax:

I live in Lekki and its a beautiful environment, ocean views, good air, and wonder architectural designs, why dont you paste some pictures of New Orleans, USA ? I don't think you should hate the wealthy class, you mock yourself in doing that.

You'd agree that just because there are good things about the area doesnt mean we can't talk about it flaws, understand that we have a govt and offices that are suppose to set standards for environmental designs
Re: I Live In Lekki by seyefunmi: 7:51pm On Jul 19, 2010
HAVE YOU FOUND OUT THE SOURCE OF HIS INCOME?YOU SURE SAY NO BE MONEY RITUALS OR HE DOESNT HELP THE POOR,THATS WHAT HAPPENS TO THE WICKED.,, PLS DONT GET ME WRONG ,HE MIGHT NOT BE A WICKED PERSON,BUT BE WIFE,EXCEPT THE LORD BUILDS A HOUSE ,THOSE WHO BUILD ,BUILD IN VAIN
Re: I Live In Lekki by jacoby70ng: 7:52pm On Jul 19, 2010
It is time to know that what they have in Nigeria and called money, fancy life and Big-Boyism is nothing but an illusion used by magicians all over the world. I already said that Lekki, Ikoyi, and the Victoria Island will be consumed by water. If not now the next generation will let us all know. Lot of reasons. trust me.
Re: I Live In Lekki by snowdrops(m): 7:52pm On Jul 19, 2010
sjeezy8:

The WHOLE south Nigeria is prone to floods due to its heavy rains-

Its not really a big deal tho- look at Miami beach. They have floods and hurricanes ALL the time- but its still one of the biggest tourest destination in America

But Id still stay in Lekki over anyplace in Naija, just like id live in Miami over Most places in America.
You are comparing america [miami] to naija abi?

for your information the floods will not only come from increased rainfall but to rising sea levels. the fundamental issue is the flood defences in the country involved.
Re: I Live In Lekki by sjeezy8: 7:54pm On Jul 19, 2010
mrtidy:

You'd agree that just because there are good things about the area doesnt mean we can't talk about it flaws, understand that we have a govt and offices that are suppose to set standards for environmental designs

but floods will happen regardless- its an enviormental thing.

seyefunmi:

HAVE YOU FOUND OUT THE SOURCE OF HIS INCOME?YOU SURE SAY NO BE MONEY RITUALS OR HE DOESNT HELP THE POOR,THATS WHAT HAPPENS TO THE WICKED.,, PLS DONT GET ME WRONG ,HE MIGHT NOT BE A WICKED PERSON,BUT BE WIFE,EXCEPT THE LORD BUILDS A HOUSE ,THOSE WHO BUILD ,BUILD IN VAIN

do you know him to jugde? - hmmm dont hate cause you cant afford it.

snowdrops:

for your information the floods will not only come from increased rainfall but to rising sea levels. the fundamental issue is the flood defences in the country involved.

your still not getting the point that there are floods and heavy rains in miami regularly- so why should lekki be any different?
Re: I Live In Lekki by dacool1(m): 7:56pm On Jul 19, 2010
I love your house lovely swimming pool
Re: I Live In Lekki by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 19, 2010
snowdrops:

Potatoe potato. .  . . what he's trying to say is that flooding does not discriminate over any region.

Even though [b]sjeezy [/b]failed to realize that after all the flooding et all, miami residents still have insurance, FEMA and drainage system [even thoughthey're useless, they still help a lil] to help them after hurricanes/tornado events. Which is NOT all the time  undecided
Re: I Live In Lekki by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 19, 2010
dacool1:

I love your house lovely swimming pool
grin grin grin grin
Re: I Live In Lekki by sjeezy8: 7:58pm On Jul 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Potato potato. .  . . what he's trying to say is that flooding does not discriminate over any region.

Even though [b]sjeezy [/b]failed to realize that after all the flooding et all, miami residents still have insurance, FEMA and drainage system [even thoughthey're useless, they still help a lil] to help them after hurricanes/tornado events. Which is NOT all the time  undecided

theres insurance in Nigeria too jare and yes I do agree better sewer systems will help alot
Re: I Live In Lekki by jacoby70ng: 7:58pm On Jul 19, 2010
Hurricane or mere torrential rainfall? I just cant believe what we know in Nigeria and call it sense. The states in America has one of the most sophisticated underground flood defence available anywhere in the world. same in the UK. trust me they do have waste pump-truck but you will think, its used in carrying food. we are not a nation but an enterprise for money making. It will not last though!
Re: I Live In Lekki by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 19, 2010
sjeezy8:

theres insurance in Nigeria too jare
That takes back those damaged items? and gives them new or fixed ones in return?
Home insurance that helps repairs houses?
Re: I Live In Lekki by jacoby70ng: 8:00pm On Jul 19, 2010
INsurance in Nigeria? you really love your mother land and reality is not your friend. ride on sjeersy8
Re: I Live In Lekki by AloyEmeka8: 8:00pm On Jul 19, 2010
Yes but for 20 years because Lekki is bound to submerge in 50 years.
Re: I Live In Lekki by sjeezy8: 8:01pm On Jul 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

That takes back those damaged items? and gives them new or fixed ones in return?
Hone insurance that helps repairs houses?

im not sure on the particulars but from what I know the Insurance business in Nigeria is the new it.
check out jimoh ibrahim's own

and im sure people living in lekki can afford it.
Re: I Live In Lekki by vicade(m): 8:04pm On Jul 19, 2010
Even the Oniru Beach will reach the main road in less than ten years. There are some parts of Lekki that are okay. Others re just below par. Even in Dolphin Estate, Some Parts of VI and Mostly Ajah.

I remember going to Bar Beach as a kid but Bar beach is no more. Dredging is also part of the problem.
Re: I Live In Lekki by sjeezy8: 8:05pm On Jul 19, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

Yes but for 20 years because Lekki is bound to submerge in 50 years.

If lekki will under wata in 50 what will happen to the rest of the coastal states- that are even lower than lekki in comparison to the sea level? you do know that from Lagos on to cross river it gets even lower?
Re: I Live In Lekki by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 19, 2010
sjeezy8:

im not sure on the particulars but from what I know the Insurance business in Nigeria is the new it.

and im sure people living in lekki can afford it.

Name one of the insurance company. . . .
Re: I Live In Lekki by tpiah: 8:05pm On Jul 19, 2010
to hear people talk, one would think flooding is a new thing in lagos, a coastal city by a sea port and in a tropical country noted for heavy rainfall.
Re: I Live In Lekki by tpiah: 8:06pm On Jul 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Name one of the insurance company. . . .

insurance isnt a new business in nigeria, for goodness sake.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? / Another Roofing Project In Port Harcourt For A Nairalander By H$lbroker / Tips For Living On Your Own For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.