Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,759 members, 7,806,077 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

I Live In Lekki - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Live In Lekki (17840 Views)

Policemen, Families Live In Danger Of Barracks’ Collapse (photo) / Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? / Best Place To Live In Lagos? Need Your Opinion(abroad 27yrs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Live In Lekki by blaknite: 9:40pm On Jul 19, 2010
let's blame the government (as usual), the developer and climate change grin
Re: I Live In Lekki by lawyer(m): 9:42pm On Jul 19, 2010
This is a very wrong and misleading article. There is no way to prove that it was in lekki. Absolutely no way. I think the story is fabricated. What recent flood in Lekki caused this? Why are the adjoining houses not shown in the pictures. This picture could be anywhere in Lagos or even the south west, benin or calabar. Lekki/Ajah houses require strict rafting to support the buildings and good drainage around the surrounding property/properties and most residents know that. So where this this issue come from?

Am sorry to say but am very am suspicious about the Lekki toga given to this property and the need to cause unnecessary panic. The sender should state the exact area and location before commenting on such.
Re: I Live In Lekki by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 19, 2010
sjeezy8:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ER-Zo5CF2g

- There is nothing abroad that a person in Nigeria cannot get or hasnt done- If you ahve the means than you get it.

Nigeria isnt that far behind from any other developed nation- Im sure you know that and your just being anal.
THANKS FOR THE INFO.

And no, wasnt trying to be anal. undecided

BTW, are any of these homes getting recognized by their insurance companies? Or are you trying to imply that none of those homes have insurance? And did any of those furnitures [such as couch, fridge, TV] come with insurance?

Its easy to say that there are insurance companies in Nigeria. But are they stable in their function?
Re: I Live In Lekki by EmmyBoy2(m): 9:49pm On Jul 19, 2010
My heart goes out to the owner/occupier of that property.
Its quite devastating, sad
Re: I Live In Lekki by mrtidy(m): 9:58pm On Jul 19, 2010
tpiah:

so, because you can now type on the internet, you're of the opinion the insurance companies do not send experts to assess the genuineness or otherwise of claims presented?

I've seen people like you alot and know how to deal with them. I'll ignore the insult and ask you to re-read you post about going to court 98 percent of the time before paying claims, if they have experts with unbiased assesment why go to court 98 percent of the time? I want to believe you either partly own or work for one of those s**t holes that parade themselves as insurance houses.
Re: I Live In Lekki by eyoniggar(m): 10:01pm On Jul 19, 2010
sjeezy, na because of woman u go like stay for miami i dey sure. tongue
Re: I Live In Lekki by semid4lyfe(m): 10:15pm On Jul 19, 2010
Lekki is in Lagos, isn't it?

Moving on. . . .
Re: I Live In Lekki by sjeezy8: 10:22pm On Jul 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

THANKS FOR THE INFO.

And no, wasnt trying to be anal. undecided

BTW, are any of these homes getting recognized by their insurance companies? Or are you trying to imply that none of those homes have insurance? And did any of those furnitures [such as couch, fridge, TV] come with insurance?

Its easy to say that there are insurance companies in Nigeria. But are they stable in their function?

With time things get better of course. and Im sure there are varying levels of performance of insurance companies . . .
They even advertise them on commercials

Wait are you serious? I dont believe you can be asking these type of questions

eyoniggar:

sjeezy, na because of woman u go like stay for miami i dey sure. tongue

where eva fine babes dey you go see me grin
Re: I Live In Lekki by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 19, 2010
sjeezy8:

With time things get better of course. and Im sure there are varying levels of performance of insurance companies . . .
They even advertise them on commercials

Wait are you serious? I dont believe you can be asking these type of questions

where eva fine babes dey you go see me grin
I'm DEAD serious.

Anywaz, nevermind before some of the weakminded dolts on here start accusing me of being snobby undecided
Re: I Live In Lekki by debosky(m): 10:30pm On Jul 19, 2010
Y'all should stop talking about insurance - Nigerians generally don't imbibe that culture. When people will mostly pay shady people to give fake third party insurance papers, why do you think they'll go for home insurance.

Even in the US, go find out how many Nigerians don't have home and contents insurance.

The issue affecting that house should be investigated properly - pointing to Miami that only floods when there are tropical storms and hurricanes is ridiculous. This type of flooding is likely caused by poorly planned drainage system, or land that was reclaimed without any analysis of the risks of flooding and mitigation to prevent such flooding.

That aside, it's a nice looking pad. cheesy
Re: I Live In Lekki by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 19, 2010
his type of flooding is likely caused by [b]poorly planned drainage syste[/b]m, or land that was reclaimed without any analysis of the risks of flooding and mitigation to prevent such flooding.

Gbam!
Re: I Live In Lekki by dayokanu(m): 10:35pm On Jul 19, 2010
Bang bang bang
Re: I Live In Lekki by chuqudy(m): 11:13pm On Jul 19, 2010
That is yoruba land for you. Dirty dirty. You can't see such a thing in places like Enugu, Aba, ebonyi etc.
Re: I Live In Lekki by THEAMAKA(f): 11:19pm On Jul 19, 2010
chuqudy:

That is yoruba land for you. Dirty dirty. You can't see such a thing in places like Enugu, Aba, ebonyi etc.
Do not start what you cannot finish.
now siddon somewhere.
Re: I Live In Lekki by mrkoma2012: 11:23pm On Jul 19, 2010
Vry terrible for d property owner indeed, guess a lot more insight in reqired but d so called lekki is a disaster zone in rainy season
Re: I Live In Lekki by okunoba(m): 11:35pm On Jul 19, 2010
@aasog, by giving unprofessional advice u also show urself to be unprofessional. I hope u get it.
Re: I Live In Lekki by sjeezy8: 11:58pm On Jul 19, 2010
chuqudy:

but who really wants to see igboland besides igbos?

im not even being tribalistic but really who besides igbos?
Re: I Live In Lekki by DualCore1: 12:04am On Jul 20, 2010
LG should use this for advert. See as the TV just do odeshi.
Re: I Live In Lekki by chuqudy(m): 12:29am On Jul 20, 2010
sjeezy8:

but who really wants to see igboland besides igbos?

im not even being tribalistic but really who besides igbos?

Better come to Aba and enjoy better life before you develop K-leg at lekki
Re: I Live In Lekki by nana(f): 12:41am On Jul 20, 2010
chuqudy:

SMH
Re: I Live In Lekki by LeMoor(m): 1:39am On Jul 20, 2010
chuqudy:

This Aba Chuqudy?? Or another one in Dubai?

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Politics/5595695-146/abia_residents_live_in_fear_.csp

[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=G0xUwqUaA94OWLoZik3yXy6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxRTwbjdpOIPPEjhGdp47sXtnW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]
Re: I Live In Lekki by Pafuri(m): 2:00am On Jul 20, 2010
Interesting thread. Loving it.
Re: I Live In Lekki by coalcoal1(m): 3:54am On Jul 20, 2010
massive waste of resources is what you get when there is no proper planning
Re: I Live In Lekki by rasputinn(m): 4:50am On Jul 20, 2010
@ Poster,

Those pictures couldn't be from any house in Lekki(I mean the REAL LEKKI,which is Lekki 1),prolly from all those wanabe areas in Ajah,Elegushi,Agungi,Osapa London etc that ascribe the name Lekki to themselves undecided undecided
Re: I Live In Lekki by AjanleKoko: 8:32am On Jul 20, 2010
debosky:

Y'all should stop talking about insurance - Nigerians generally don't imbibe that culture. When people will mostly pay shady people to give fake third party insurance papers, why do you think they'll go for home insurance.

Even in the US, go find out how many Nigerians don't have home and contents insurance.
That aside, it's a nice looking pad. cheesy

Don't mind them jare. No insurance in Nigeria? When the biggest insurance company in Rwanda or somewhere was bought by IGI, an indigenous Nigerian insurer?

Abi they should confess, that they're too young to know anything about insurance grin

Now, I think it's time Seun started charging people to post on NL undecided
Re: I Live In Lekki by Ranoscky(m): 8:39am On Jul 20, 2010
The area to where doz pix reside is lyk marokor!
Re: I Live In Lekki by MrC0rk: 9:14am On Jul 20, 2010
thats my house!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I Live In Lekki by flyuche(m): 9:26am On Jul 20, 2010
Mr C0rk:

thats my house!!!!!!!!!!!

you wish.
Re: I Live In Lekki by MrC0rk: 9:33am On Jul 20, 2010
for a guy who has additional 7 properties in th UK, I would say WISH is never the word to describe me. WISH is for broke azzz people (no offence)
Re: I Live In Lekki by Darayola(m): 9:35am On Jul 20, 2010
Too Bad
Re: I Live In Lekki by oluagness(m): 9:38am On Jul 20, 2010
chuqudy:

So, other tribes are better of?
Re: I Live In Lekki by effizy27: 9:57am On Jul 20, 2010
CHECK OUT EFFIZY 'DEUCES REMIX" ON YOUTUBE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? / Another Roofing Project In Port Harcourt For A Nairalander By H$lbroker / Tips For Living On Your Own For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.