Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria - Fashion/Clothing Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Fashion/Clothing Market / Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria (68057 Views)

Where To Buy Clothes In Nigeria? / Where Can I Buy Authentic Clothes In Lagos ? / Wearing Different Styles Of Clothes In Different Situation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by pepsi2: 12:09am On Apr 10, 2007
I am trying to start a clothing line in Nig, since I am not currently living in Nig I will need your help, please.
Do you think a good boutique will do well in Lagos and people willing to pay for quality clothes?
What would u guys say the rent is like for a boutique/store space at the palms or Silverbird Galleria? Are those the best location in Nigeria? Thank you

I was wondering what is the average prices of clothes for men and women. Dressed clothes is my focus. so prices for nice dresses, tops, pants, skirts.

For men I was thinking just high collar dressed shirts and flat front pants.
I hear designer jeans like True Religion and Seven for all man kind are so expensive out there too.

Please help me out I am doing my business and value your opinions on this site.
Re: Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by piscean(m): 10:37pm On Apr 28, 2007
its kind of easy to break into the nigerian market, all you need is some money to spend and wont really bother about. You need to be able to connect with your customers in avery unique way which starts from the kind of brands you bring in(even if they are relatively unknown) and they've got to be good. I'll use TWICE AS NICE as an example; when it was launched, a lot of people used to look at it like just one other boutique in the area until it opened an outlet at the palms shopping mall in lekki. It may be hard to believe now that even students save up to buy shirts from them though maybe not from the outlet at the palms but one closer to the school community and they wont stop talking about these shirts

Another example is the T.M LEWIN shop at the Silverbird Galleria-a lot of my student friends used to buy there until TWICE AS NICE stepped up with a little competition-------understand what i mean.

Bottom line is before you come over, look at a shop that currently offers the kind of service you want to there and why people are trooping there and come here and replicate or better still, do something that would involve more students(men they've got money to spend) especially if your goods stay in the 2k range

PS: Just make sure your stuff is nice
Re: Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by fellybabe(f): 10:53pm On Apr 28, 2007
yes, the range can be from 2k to 8k. must be a very nice fabric and nice colours
Re: Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by spoilt(f): 12:56am On Apr 29, 2007
i thought you mean okrika. grin
Re: Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by DTruth1(m): 1:39am On Apr 29, 2007
@pepsi2
if u give 9ja people rubbish i promise they would turn their back on u in no tyme. If u get the real stuff this people want, i bet u would be supprised withe their response.
D truth 1: 3. Niga people=high taste

@spoilt
haba, dont spoil this guys day now. okirika how.lol
Re: Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by jidebiz(m): 10:32am On Apr 29, 2007
Hi peps,A boutique is a cool business but don't forget three things important in this line of business
1) LOCATION
2) PUBLICITY
3) BRANDING
these are the factors that move this business effectively.You have to take a feasibility studies and quality is the rule of the business.May God prosper your desired venture.Amen
Re: Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by donan(m): 12:19pm On Apr 29, 2007
All the best
Re: Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by hannydarl(f): 12:32pm On Apr 29, 2007
My sister as jidebiz said you should pick a good location not just an area but also a good building ,you should have your target clients on mind as that will determine the cost of clothes you will sell if you chose the average person up then your price range should be what people who want quality at afordable prices can afford not too cheap and not too expensive.If you target big boys and babes thats a different ball game as you will need to do much more publicity to woo them from their former customers by giving them the same quality goods at a more subsidised price or offer them better quality and more unique designs you have to be up to date with fashion trends as most people want to get styles or designs that are not common yet in vogue. As for prices, the clothes should range from #2500 to #15000 and above, Good luck
Re: Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by knotty(m): 1:45pm On Apr 29, 2007
would you not be needing quote on these
teru
bante
shimi
wonyosi?
if you should, pls let me know asap. i have nice collection
Re: Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by anusule(m): 5:10pm On Apr 29, 2007
do you want to be selling ''sunday market clothes'' ?? grin
Re: Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by fromuk(m): 6:28pm On Apr 29, 2007
please how much is T.M lewin mens shirt cost in Nigeria(BOTH FITTED & REGULA)
Re: Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by superayoad(m): 10:58am On Apr 30, 2007
Your biz idea is a good one, and Nigerians pay for quality stuffs. The quality of your clothing determines the location and good location get you going in bizness.
Re: Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by moondust(m): 12:30pm On Apr 30, 2007
theres space in ASWANI for u o
Re: Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by desertboom(m): 8:00pm On Apr 30, 2007
pretty cloths with ur pretty money, shine ur eyez in nigeria
Re: Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by pepsi2: 1:09am On May 02, 2007
Thank you guys so much, i will come back with responds to your comments.
Re: Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by lukkie(m): 8:37am On May 02, 2007
i have a friend who sells clothes, shuttles Lagos and Port Harcourt. he's a real hustler & i may give you his contact if you need some real-life advice and perhaps some help. but there's got 2 be strings attached. i hope u understand.
Re: Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by pepsi2: 5:57pm On May 03, 2007
@ Piscean thx for the info.

@ SPOILT, thx but what is "i thought you mean okrika." I know u are being funny , but I am not Nigerian so I didnt get the joke. lol

@ D Truth, Donan, Thx a lot

@ Hannydarl THX, I would like to sell in Mid market and high, example is like the jeans I want to sell, they are retailing for $150.00 to 300.00 and sometimes more, however big boys and girls wear them in Nig a lot so I know that it will sell to them.
For the range of 2000.00 to 15,000.00 which was highly advised here, I would say that will cater to students which seems to be the market with more consumers.

@ JIDEBIZ, thank you so much, God is in control. I will succeed with his hands upholding me thru this jorney b4 it even begun.

What would u guys say the rent is like for a boutique/store space at the palms or Silverbird Galleria? Are those the best location in Nigeria? Thank you
Re: Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by redsun(m): 4:45pm On May 05, 2007
I amĀ  thinking of redesigning african wears to make it more flexible and casual for day to day activities.Most of the african wears we have now are too ceremonial and regal for physical activities,and most of all,it has to be affordable.We don't need to import cloths in africa,if we can make use of what we have there,we have to make cloths to suite the weather.
Re: Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by pepsi2: 4:57pm On May 05, 2007
@ Redsun I agree, it is not everyday one has occasion to go to. Maybe some folks are so popular that they have parties to attend but I know that the majority need everyday clothes. so that is an amazing idea, Goodluck.
Re: Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by DewDrop(f): 4:14pm On May 06, 2007
The Palms for instance, rent is in $$, hence why True Religion jeans that are 3 seasons old cost N38k!
I am an addict to anything fashionable and short of traveling every month, I've learned to adapt.
Nigerians like nice things and will drive far and pay well- so long as it's nice!
Silverbird Galleria and The Palms I think are notorious for window shoppers
City Mall is a bit better- people actually shop there.
You might have to start with the office to office- word of mouth hustle!
That word of mouth advertisement will get people to come to wherever you open shop!
I got tired of the limited selection and high prices on the island and through some word of mouth advertising,
I found a nice, little boutique in Ikota- i think that's what the area is called- a shopping complex next to VGC.
She has a small operation but there is always something new to pick up!
Good Luck
Re: Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by Elgaxton(m): 5:51pm On May 07, 2007
yeah!

All i need is just clean Shirts (size 16.5)

I mean stock shirts o, long sleeves!!

I'll patronise u no shakes

2,500 upwards depending on the location
Re: Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by miraexcel(f): 7:38pm On Nov 24, 2007
Are you looking for top quality designer/Italian wears and accessories? , Italian/Designer handbags, tshirts, coperate shirts, Sunglasses, Shoes, Jeans - men and women - evening dresses and many others. We supply latest/famous designer collections at wholesale Prices.

Please call 07033582485 for more inquiries. , your satisfaction is guranteed!

Suite H-107 Ikota Shopping complex VGC Ajah
Re: Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by whiteboy(m): 11:15am On Nov 29, 2007
HEY Y'ALL,
For classic Nigerian made T shirts give aways, stay in touch and keep visiting: http://whitechuklateboy..com/

1080 DEGREES CLOTHING

COMING SOON
Re: Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by Vuitton(m): 4:55pm On Dec 10, 2007
TM Lewin shirts go for 5.5k at least in Lagos boutique, Need to buy some before the new year,
Re: Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by whateva(m): 9:46pm On Dec 20, 2007
where does T.M sells for 5.5
my T.M has been 7.5 all the way
abeg post me where dem dey sell am 5.5
Re: Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by mariofire: 7:31pm On Dec 25, 2007
Can anyone tell me whether cloths import are allowed in Nigeria.Last time I checked,it was banned !
Thanks in advance.
Re: Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by DisGuy: 7:35am On Jan 03, 2008
How much does an Evisu jeans go for?
Re: Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by uchetobi(f): 8:56am On Jan 04, 2008
Well as per the price of clothes in Nigeria, (I can only speak for female) a good top goes within the range of 3,0000 to 5,000 in all the shops ii buy my clothes (indigo, talk 2 me, collectibles, oxygene) with indigo being the cheapest. Then skirts goes for bout 4,000 to 5,000 (iv never understood the logic behind skirts being more expensive than pants).

SO gd luck with ur boutique planning. If I can get good quality clothes at cheaper prices with u den il welcome u with open hands
Re: Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by emelumgini(f): 9:47am On Jan 04, 2008
Pepsi 2, all you need to do is to sit down and write out your feasibility study because if u don't plan well belief me u will fail. So when u must have finish that, u now think of location and make sure u give your business a class, let it not be for every body. atleast if u want to deal on babies, u face babies or ladies and gents. again let them know u with few quality makes like wrangler, marks and spenser, next, howes and cuties, st. machiels etc. these re the people that get quality stuffs.

secondly, if u start with quality wears u have to maintain that hand in other to retain your customers nomatter the price. i wish u all the best.
Re: Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by yimiton(f): 4:19pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ emelumgini,
I agree with the other designs you mentioned but I totally disagree with wrangler. Most of the things they offer now aren't just as good as they used to be.
Re: Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by ayettymama(f): 12:25pm On Jan 05, 2008
[b]
Re: Prices Of Clothes In Nigeria by faketan(m): 4:08pm On Jan 05, 2008
Hey guys, have they relaxed the law banning the importation of textiles in naija?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tyra Banks Vs Naomi Campbell / Wholesale Shoes Available In Nigeria At Cheap Prices! / The Best Fashion design school in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.