Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,063 members, 7,807,189 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? (80406 Views)

See Beyonce And Rihanna Bleach So No One Should Talk About Naija Celebrities / Photo Updates: Did Rihanna Inspire A Fan? Girl Does Same Breast Tattoo / Did Rihanna Have A Nose Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by DezVienna(f): 9:53pm On Jul 19, 2010
I've been hearing this lately.  People say her tan went away, but why is her tan removal the only one to be so extreme? I don't know, just saying. 

[img]http://www.happynews.com/showImage.aspx?fn=2152007/young-fan-meets-idol-rihanna.jpg&catid=3[/img]

She's about the cmpelxion of most, Ashanti, Beyoncé, Cassie, around Tyra's. . .  pretty much all in the same category somewhere.  But why when their tan goes away, they don't look like this. . . .?

What do you say?  Just a little celebrity Gossip.
Re: Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by THEAMAKA(f): 9:54pm On Jul 19, 2010
OF COURSE SHE DID!
I established that like 5 months ago.
hahahahaha, sad.
Re: Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by dominique(f): 10:37pm On Jul 19, 2010
i believe so. her skin has changed dramatically over the years.
oh well. . . whatever makes her happy.
Re: Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by puskin: 10:45pm On Jul 19, 2010
She didn't. . . . just a lil' lighting effects
Re: Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by makajibbz(m): 11:03pm On Jul 19, 2010
dey all do, check out beyonce,lil kim and most importantly Keri hilson!
Re: Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by Tolulop001(f): 11:30pm On Jul 19, 2010
makajibbz:

dey all do, check out beyonce,lil kim and most importantly Keri hilson!

mosdef cry cry cry
Re: Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by mamagee3(f): 12:27am On Jul 20, 2010
She bleached so much that it's obvious these days.

And what's with her dying her hair every freaking month/

It's kind of annoying these days.
Re: Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by Nobody: 4:59am On Jul 20, 2010
could be true but I doubt it. She's probably just using great skin care products that have resulted in flawless skin.
beside these celebrities photos are result of many people's work from make-up air brushed foundation to hairdressin
and lighting.

Check out rihanna photo (below) as a child. She was light skinned undecided

Re: Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by bawomolo(m): 5:00am On Jul 20, 2010
make up and digital touching.
Re: Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by THEAMAKA(f): 5:01am On Jul 20, 2010
rokiatu:

could be true but I doubt it. She's probably just using great skin care products that have resulted in fawless skin.
beside these celebrities photos are result of many people's work from make-up air brushed foundation to hairdressin
and lighting.

Check out rihanna photo (below) as a child. She was light skinned undecided

yeah rihanna has always been light skinned but now she is almost white skinned, pale as hell.
and having flawless skin doesn't mean your skin should get 10 shades lighter.
Re: Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by bawomolo(m): 5:03am On Jul 20, 2010
she won't pass for white
Re: Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by Nobody: 5:09am On Jul 20, 2010
THE AMAKA:

yeah rihanna has always been light skinned but now she is almost white skinned, pale as hell.
and having flawless skin doesn't mean your skin should get 10 shades lighter.

Why are you exaggerating? Who told you Rihanna have gotten 10 shades lighter over time?
how about you post a before and after picture to support your statement undecided
Re: Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by THEAMAKA(f): 5:23am On Jul 20, 2010
rokiatu:

Why are you exaggerating? Who told you Rihanna have gotten 10 shades lighter over time?
how about you post a before and after picture to support your statement undecided
you're problem? I didn't say "10 shades" as in literally, but I'm basically stating how much she has changed
I do not need to post anything, google is there. by the time i replied this you could have already gotten your answers.

BEFORE:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/189815_rihanna_1_jpg7deb4524d891dbe514c841ac17ff1cc4
[img]http://www.fan.sc/pictures/rihanna00.jpg[/img]

AFTER:

[img]http://4.bp..com/_30PRmkOl4ro/S084xgvQX_I/AAAAAAAAZYc/47mRnIG5uWQ/s400/Sexy+short+african+american+hairstyles+-+Rihanna+2010.jpg[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/_R9K3ReRlin8/SMaR7qMi1oI/AAAAAAAAANI/JGCFXieUnK8/s400/rihanna%252010_thumb.jpg[/img]

bawomolo:

she won't pass for white
I don't think she could ever pass for white either.
Look at Faith Evans, white skinned, but still looks like a black woman.
Re: Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by kweenchi(f): 8:21am On Jul 20, 2010
This pic was taken not to long ago. Do you see her 'tan'? I think when she stays out of the sun she gets fair.

Re: Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by THEAMAKA(f): 8:23am On Jul 20, 2010
kweenchi:

This pic was taken not to long ago. Do you see her 'tan'?  I think when she stays out of the sun she gets fair.
BULL! she was in the US for more than 2 years before she started brightening up.
and you're so sure that those two years she spent it in the sun and the other two in seclusion?
Re: Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by kweenchi(f): 9:40am On Jul 20, 2010
Yes i am sure! And you know what, YOU dont have to convince me otherwise. Why would she bleach her skin, and then go to the beach to get even darker! That doesnt make sense. Ppl who bleach dont like to get darker.
Re: Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by shilling(f): 11:07am On Jul 20, 2010
She's obviously gotten lighter. Staying out of the sun, which is really only possible during winter can't make u get that much lighter.

Thing is, I'm confused!! How does a person bleach their whole skin? Someone educate me!!

kweenchi:

Yes i am sure! And you know what, YOU dont have to convince me otherwise. Why would she bleach her skin, and then go to the beach to get even darker! That doesnt make sense. Ppl who bleach dont like to get darker.
Don't know if this answers your question:
I don't want to get lighter or darker. I like my skin complexion just the way it is. That won't stop me from hanging out at the beach, the sun feels good (esp when it's not too hot). Even during hot days, chilling on the beach is still awesome!!
Re: Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by anitabest(f): 11:12am On Jul 20, 2010
yep, she did.
Re: Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by DezVienna(f): 1:41pm On Jul 20, 2010
People are always saying a sun tan or even lightening affects from the camera's. Then why is she the only one to have this white shades whitening affect. beyoncé doesn't have that, Tyra doesn't ever look like that and Tyra is a better example of the complexion Rihanna used to be. Tyra and Rihanna were about the same.
I'll post a picture in natural lighting of the both of them in their early years.

[img]http://2.bp..com/_ytjY1eql_W4/SCH0bnVU58I/AAAAAAAAAEo/LzbnPeyec-s/s320/tyra1994-1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://3.bp..com/_6qgshajzltM/SZxWPJwkO6I/AAAAAAAAFLw/jRyIM1sFoz4/s1600/Tyra_Banks_Pic_08.jpg[/img]
Re: Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by DezVienna(f): 1:52pm On Jul 20, 2010
You know what, I didn't realize how much they favor each other until I posted the pictures up top.  They are around the same complexion, light colored- I think, green eyes for both, large foreheads and chinky-like eyes.

Anyway, this is both of them at their lightest.

Hell, here's Ashanti and Beyoncé at their lightest.

It's just that for them to all be able to look around the same complexion at different times of the year, whether it's due to a tan or makeup, how come the other three never ever look like this when they're at their lightest, or just ever?  Even with their whitest makeup. 

I don't know.  There's no beef with Rihanna, but i personally think it's a little more than good skin care (lol).  You don't go from Beyoncé in the summer to Alicia Keys in the winter. It's all in the skin texture more than just the tone.
Re: Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by THEAMAKA(f): 5:11pm On Jul 20, 2010
kweenchi:

I'm not trying to change your mind, but you're not making sense here. Why do you think she went to the beach to specifically get darker? She could have gone to the beach to enjoy herself.
Not only that, but that picture is NOT recent, its more than a year old.
so when you say you're sure, you're saying she spent the first two years in the US (first two albums) baking in the sun, and after that in solitary confinement? lol yeah, right.
Re: Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by DezVienna(f): 5:30pm On Jul 20, 2010
THE AMAKA:

I'm not trying to change your mind, but you're not making sense here. Why do you think she went to the beach to specifically get darker? She could have gone to the beach to enjoy herself.
so when you say you're sure, you're saying she spent the first two years in the US (first two albums) baking in the sun, and after that in solitary confinement? lol yeah, right.

Re: Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by DezVienna(f): 5:30pm On Jul 20, 2010
THE AMAKA:

Re: Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by chiogo(f): 6:31pm On Jul 20, 2010
Maybe she did bleach herself but all these are pictures, she's still behind the cameras so we really don't know how much lighter she has gotten off the camera.
She's been into the rock thing after her debut album - the hair style and all so I suppose they do make her lighter on set to look more White(LOL) grin

But seriously, they all get lighter as they become more and more famous - Beyonce especially. Tyra was def. not this light during the days of Fresh Prince and Higher Learning.
Re: Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by DezVienna(f): 7:08pm On Jul 20, 2010
chiogo:

Maybe she did bleach herself but all these are pictures, she's still behind the cameras so we really don't know how much lighter she has gotten off the camera.
She's been into the rock thing after her debut album - the hair style and all so I suppose they do make her lighter on set to look more White(LOL) grin

But seriously, they all get lighter as they become more and more famous - Beyonce especially. Tyra was def. not this light during the days of Fresh Prince and Higher Learning.

This is true about Tyra.  However, I don't see how Beyoncé got any lighter.  But not everyone gets lighter as they get more famous, but just some who not only wants to appeal to the white crowd, because white skin doesn't always make you appeal to a more broad crowd- if you're good you're good, but this just becomes their personal preference of a new and improved look, so to speak. 
But here's Beyoncé younger and now.

2000 Maybe her perms just got better.

Now
Re: Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by MyneWhite1(f): 7:22pm On Jul 20, 2010
Very correct! Untill we see her all this could be photoshop.

chiogo:

Re: Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by DezVienna(f): 7:31pm On Jul 20, 2010
That is very possible, I just don't think they photoshop all her pictures to make her white, even the ones that catches her outside mid day- chilling. Unless that's a request from her, I highly doubt that.
Re: Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by chiogo(f): 9:17pm On Jul 20, 2010
DezVienna:

This is true about Tyra.  However, I don't see how Beyoncé got any lighter. 
You still don't see it even with the pictures you posted? Is her shade in the first pic the same as in the other pics? I love Beyonce too, I do grin She's actually my favorite female artist but let's call a spade a spade. Have you seen any of her L'Oreal commercials? She's practically white with her blond weave and all. She was def. darker when she was a teen.
Re: Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by mamagee3(f): 9:27pm On Jul 20, 2010
Almost all of the black celebrities have bleached once in a while but the most obvious of them all is that of Beyonce and rihanna.
Re: Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by bawomolo(m): 9:38pm On Jul 20, 2010
chiogo:

You still don't see it even with the pictures you posted? Is her shade in the first pic the same as in the other pics? I love Beyonce too, I do grin She's actually my favorite female artist but let's call a spade a spade. Have you seen any of her L'Oreal commercials? She's practically white with her blond weave and all. She was def. darker when she was a teen.

aren't commercials and magazine shoots doctored?
Re: Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by DezVienna(f): 9:39pm On Jul 20, 2010
You guys think so?  I don't think beyoncé looks lighter, I just think she has better skin care and and the texture of her skin is better condition than when she was younger.  But when she was younger, she was still heavily lighter.  See below.
[img]http://3.bp..com/_KYncU1tYqTc/RfNaKAtNpeI/AAAAAAAAABA/HYe6b6-ij3Q/s400/beyonce_nomakeup.jpeg[/img]

Loreal Commercials
[img]http://bossip.files./2009/01/beyonce-loreal-ad.jpg[/img]

I think what changed is her hair styles to appear more white driven.  She always wore light hair though.  But her blonde hair and nose job gives her a whiter appearance, which is what some people target, which is still bad for business.
Re: Did Rihanna Bleach? What Do You Say? by makajibbz(m): 9:42pm On Jul 20, 2010
DezVienna:

You guys think so?  I don't think beyoncé looks lighter, I just think she has better skin care and and the texture of her skin is better condition than when she was younger.  But when she was younger, she was still heavily lighter.  See below.
[img]http://3.bp..com/_KYncU1tYqTc/RfNaKAtNpeI/AAAAAAAAABA/HYe6b6-ij3Q/s400/beyonce_nomakeup.jpeg[/img]

Loreal Commercials
[img]http://bossip.files./2009/01/beyonce-loreal-ad.jpg[/img]

I think what changed is her hair styles to appear more white driven.  She always wore light hair though.  But her blonde hair and nose job gives her a whiter appearance, which is what some people target, which is still bad for business.
I cant believe youu! itz so obvious she bleached!!! my gosh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wentworth Miller 'Michael Scofield' Is Gay / Mercy Eke On Bike On Her Way To The Airport (Video) / Dino Melaye Mocks APC And INEC (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.