Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! (8074 Views)

Delta State: N773 Billion Debt. Largest In Nigeria. What Was Done With The Debt? / Nigeria's Economy is Among The Largest in the World, says Jonathan / Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by analog: 5:04am On Jul 20, 2010
Without any doubt, i believe igbos are the biggest tribe in nigeria, followed by yoruba, hausa, Ijaw etc. You find this ppl everywhere and Imo state is the most densely populated after lagos state.

Forget about the theories that floats around that hausa are the majority, igbo are the biggest tribe.
Re: Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by EzeUche(m): 5:09am On Jul 20, 2010
I actually don't know who is larger. We need an accurate census.
Re: Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by THEAMAKA(f): 5:09am On Jul 20, 2010
[size=18pt]dude, you're pathetic!
i just went snooping through your last 5 posts, and im not surprised.
keep Igbo out of your mouth and stop looking for WAHALA.
MODS, lock this thread up[/size].
Re: Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by OgidiBoy(m): 5:11am On Jul 20, 2010
Igbo tribe in the largest in Nigeria. Also has the highest kidnapings and robberies rate in Nigeria so what's there to be so proud of ?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by Becomrich0: 5:12am On Jul 20, 2010
hmmmmmmmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by Nobody: 5:13am On Jul 20, 2010
OgidiBoy:

Igbo tribe in the largest in Nigeria. Also has the highest kidnapings and robberies rate in Nigeria so what's there to be so proud of ?
Ogidiboy, shut up and stop tring to broil up a fight.
Some ppl dnt know that you're Igbo.

Becomrich0:

hmmmmmmmmmmmm
grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by MrFire: 5:13am On Jul 20, 2010
In poverty-stricken Nigeria, it is not a pride to be the largest ethnic group because it translates directly to the most poverty-stricken which Igbos are not. Perhaps if all the Igbos in diaspora return, you might be correct. But for now, Igbos are not the largest group which most likely is the hausa-fulani binity (carved from trinity). The smaller the better, since we are not (yet) America.
Re: Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by MrFire: 5:14am On Jul 20, 2010
OgidiBoy:

Kidnapping yes (for now, was not so before), robbery no. You are a bonafide ignoramus.
Re: Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by EzeUche(m): 5:15am On Jul 20, 2010
The OP is trying to start trouble, and he is not Igbo

Why make an assertion to get people angry? Numbers matter.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by EzeUche(m): 5:15am On Jul 20, 2010
Mr Fire:

Kidnapping yes (for now, was not so before), robbery no. You are a bonafide ignoramus.

Seems like this Igbo boy is suffering from self-hate. As Americans say, you do not air out your dirty laundry for the whole world to see.
Re: Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by MrFire: 5:16am On Jul 20, 2010
Ogidiboy, do some math here

Oyo, Imo, Ogun, others lead in armed robbery
By Yusuf Alli Published Today News Rating: Unrated
Armed robbery cases are more pronounced in seven of the 36 states, it was learnt yesterday.

The states are Oyo, Imo, Ogun, Kano, Cross River, Rivers and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

The crime figures, which are contained in the 2008 Report of the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), are based on cases reported to the police as at the end of 2007.

The breakdown of the armed robbery cases in the seven states, as at 2007 ending, is as follows: Oyo (224); FCT (172); Imo (176); Rivers (145); Cross River (137); Kano (108); and Ogun (107).

But while Lagos State recorded a drastic fall in armed robbery cases from 300 to 70, eight states had less than 28 armed robbery incidents.

The states are: Gombe(27); Benue(27); Plateau(26); Kwara(25); Sokoto(24); Jigawa(16); Kebbi(20); and Yobe(20).

The ratings of others are: Abia(89); Adamawa(96); Akwa Ibom(88); Anambra(96); Bauchi(41); Bayelsa(52); Borno(41); Delta(63); Ebonyi(51); and Edo(79).

Others are Ekiti(85); Kaduna(40); Katsina(31); Kogi(41); Nasarawa(36); Niger(32); Ondo(58); Osun(51); Taraba(80);

Although it could not be ascertained why the 2007 figure for Enugu State was not listed, a source said: "we had 44 cases for the state as at 2006."

The source in the NBS, who spoke in confidence with The Nation, said the figures are "the current official records/data which any institution or person could work with."

"We based our statistics on the five-year data provided by the Nigeria Police Force and the period in question had covered 2003 to 2007 for comparison. But the latest figure will be that of 2007 which we have produced as a report that is already in circulation in government and public.

"We got far-reaching statistics from the police including the numbers of persons arrested; those prosecuted for robbery; suspects awaiting trial; civilians killed by armed robbers; armed robbers killed by the police; the injured robbers; and cases pending investigation.

"The statistics is not meant to ridicule any state but it will assist those with high crime rates to improve on their security network. For the police in particular, it would allow them to take stock and strengthen their operation in flash-points," the source added.

The report said: "The Data on public order are sourced from the Nigeria Police Force. They cover crimes, road accident cases and casualties, armed robbery cases and involvement, vehicles stolen and recovered, court cases, juvenile cases and bank frauds."

http://thenationonlineng.net/web/articles/8965/1/Oyo-Imo-Ogun-others-lead-in-armed-robbery/Page1.html
Re: Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by THEAMAKA(f): 5:18am On Jul 20, 2010
^^^
modify your post and stop causing problems. Ogidi is not even Yoruba, he is a self hating Igbo
but why assume he is Yoruba and start posting garbage?
Re: Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by Nobody: 5:18am On Jul 20, 2010
Muslim population produce more babies
Re: Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by Nobody: 5:19am On Jul 20, 2010
Others are Ekiti(85); Kaduna(40); Katsina(31); Kogi(41); Nasarawa(36); Niger(32); Ondo(58); Osun(51); Taraba(80);
This is obvipusly a rubbish stats.
Nigerians and making up numbers.
Imagine!
Re: Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by EzeUche(m): 5:21am On Jul 20, 2010
THE AMAKA:

^^^
modify your post and stop causing problems. Ogidi is not even Yoruba, he is a self hating Igbo
but why assume he is Yoruba and start posting garbage?

Gbam!

Ogidi is in Anambra. Isn't that the birthplace of Chinua Achebe? It is sad, that a self hating Igbo is from that illustrious town that gave the world Chinua Achebe.
Re: Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by EzeUche(m): 5:22am On Jul 20, 2010
olas2u:

Muslim population produce more babies

Desert populations do not produce more babies than tropical populations. That is a fact. Their region cannot support such a large population.
Re: Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by OgidiBoy(m): 5:23am On Jul 20, 2010
People I'm not self hating ohhh, I love being Igbo. We have very serious issues in the East now, you can't even go home without hiring armed policemen

and  you'll just expect me to act like everything is all fine and dandy, ok sorry.
Re: Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by analog: 5:24am On Jul 20, 2010
Forget about BecomPOOR maps, Igbo ppl are the largest, biggest and baddest tribe in naija!    tongue
Re: Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by THEAMAKA(f): 5:26am On Jul 20, 2010
analog:

Forget about BecomPOOR maps, Igbo ppl are the largest, biggest and baddest tribe in naija!    tongue
you've been exposed, now run along somewhere.
Re: Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by OgidiBoy(m): 5:27am On Jul 20, 2010
EzeUche:

Gbam!

Ogidi is in Anambra. Isn't that the birthplace of Chinua Achebe? It is sad, that a self hating Igbo is from that illustrious town that gave the world Chinua Achebe.

Chinua Achebe and I are form the same village, you can see his house from our compound. That don't stop me from  letting the whole world know we have serious problems in the East.
Re: Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by THEAMAKA(f): 5:29am On Jul 20, 2010
@Ogidi
from your initial post, its almost like saying there is nothing to be proud of being Igbo.
Re: Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by Nobody: 5:30am On Jul 20, 2010
OgidiBoy:

Chinua Achebe and I are form the same village, you can see his house from our compound. That don't stop me from  letting the whole world know we have serious problems in the East.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by analog: 5:31am On Jul 20, 2010
THE AMAKA:

you've been exposed, now run along somewhere.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS Igbo GIRL, ARE YOU OKAY AT ALL?
Re: Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by Nobody: 5:33am On Jul 20, 2010
analog:

This dude is Yoruba. Typical Yoruba question [accent].

Ppl like your are disgracing my tribe.
Re: Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by OgidiBoy(m): 5:33am On Jul 20, 2010
THE AMAKA:

@Ogidi
from your initial post, its almost like saying there is nothing to be proud of being Igbo.

Amaka even though we sworn enemies now, but you know I'm always proud to be Igbo. Come on now I thought you knew cool
Re: Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by THEAMAKA(f): 5:35am On Jul 20, 2010
OgidiBoy:

Amaka even though we sworn enemies now, but you know I'm always proud to be Igbo. Come on now I thought you knew cool
enemies? since when? did i miss something? grin

analog:

i should be asking you that question, are you okay?
or are you upset that you've been exposed?
cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by OgidiBoy(m): 5:39am On Jul 20, 2010
I guess we friends again, it's all good with me. But are you sure you the same Amaka from long time ago
Re: Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by THEAMAKA(f): 5:41am On Jul 20, 2010
OgidiBoy:

I guess we friends again, it's all good with me. But are you sure you the same Amaka from long time ago
lol. . .
yeah. . . why?
Re: Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by analog: 5:47am On Jul 20, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

This dude is Yoruba. Typical Yoruba question [accent].

Ppl like your are disgracing my tribe.

Why are you trying to be friends with the jews of africa? Nobody likes the Jews!
Re: Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by analog: 5:50am On Jul 20, 2010
THE AMAKA:

enemies? since when? did i miss something? grin
i should be asking you that question, are you okay?
or are you upset that you've been exposed?
cheesy grin cheesy

I will send bbkbabe90 and Aigbofa after your ass. They know how to tame a psychotic Igbo like you!
Re: Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by THEAMAKA(f): 5:51am On Jul 20, 2010
analog:

I will send bbkbabe90 and Aigbofa after your backside. They know how to tame a psychotic Igbo like you!
because you can't fight for yourself? do you know how pathetic you sound? LOL
sorry that your [size=3pt]little bubble[/size] got popped.
cool
Re: Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! by MandingoII(m): 5:55am On Jul 20, 2010
so does this means more state funding for this group? wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ekiti State Govwenment Dissolves Boards Of Agencies And Parastatals / Insecurity: Falae, Bode George Ask PMB To Implement 2014 National CONFAB Report / Buhari Wants To Erase Me From History --tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.