Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,710 members, 7,805,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. (6513 Views)

Nairalanders,what Type Of Food Do You Hate/detest Most / Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? / Which Is Your Bad Kitchen Habit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by googles: 1:49pm On Jul 25, 2010
i'm guilty of clearing my plate to the last grain tho' they say its not ladylike but who cares am not fetchin' to be a lady's lady anyways

i hate it when pple make irritating sounds while chewing. . . dat just drives me nuts

1 Like

Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by dominique(f): 2:28pm On Jul 26, 2010
me- i pick on my food, even in public tongue
others- when they make clanking sounds with their cutlery, irritates the hell out of me.
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by MissyB1(m): 3:47pm On Jul 26, 2010
Others - Licking fingers or plate with tongue. grin
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by aieromon(m): 10:06am On Jul 27, 2010
I don't clear the table mat after eating and i really dont dislike people for what they do on the table.
Nobody is perfect!
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by nellaluv(f): 2:39am On Jul 31, 2010
I have table manners thank you very much, or maybe drinking water two hours after eating is considered as bad manners  grin tongue

My sister likes picking her food it annoys me  angry
My brother eats cold food ahhh grossss lipsrsealed ,and after eating instead of chewing his meat he licks it white leave it in his plate to go play his PS then come back to it after playing lipsrsealed
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by Freiburger(m): 10:03am On Jul 31, 2010
@ Missy, hope u 're old enough to understand, accept and even respect other ppl way of eating, if you can battle very well with the bone[b] it dosen't makes you healthierthan a vegetarian[/b], so claiming your way of eating is just da best else it makes you sounds so egoistic.
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by MissyB1(m): 10:27am On Jul 31, 2010
You're always quick to jump down my throat, I've noticed.
Freiburger:

@ Missy, hope u 're old enough to understand, accept and even respect other ppl way of eating,
I'm sufficiently well-bred to turn a blind eye to people's flaws or point it out in a civil manner.  . . . .That, doesn't change the fact that I find the act irritating.
I understand that You have a running nose and might turn a blind eye to you blowing your nose on the table when everyone is eating, but, that doesn't stop me from complaining to whoever, when I get home. It's you that should learn simple manners in order to live well with the people around you. Chikena?

Freiburger:

so claiming your way of eating is just da best else it makes you sounds so egoistic.
Point to me, where I did this.

nellaluv:

I don't have table manners thank you very much, or maybe drinking water two hours  after eating is considered as bad manners  grin tongue
Likewise!!!
I hardly drink water.  cheesy
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by aieromon(m): 7:14pm On Jul 31, 2010
@Missy B
Even after eatin' spicy food
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by OGAYWA(m): 9:05pm On Jul 31, 2010
Others- Farting and eating at the same time
Others-Escreting between meals

ewwww
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by Freiburger(m): 9:34pm On Jul 31, 2010
Missy B:

You're always quick to jump down my throat, I've noticed.

Oh no don't get me wrong i 've got nothing against you, but i also noticed you always responds to topics without taking others opinion into consideration you might just not be right all the time. But in any case i'm sincerely sorry if you feel intimidated by my comments.
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by MissyB1(m): 10:09pm On Jul 31, 2010
Freiburger:

but i also noticed you always responds to topics without taking others opinion into consideration you might just not be right all the time.
I really don't care about others' opinion unless I need to.
I state mine and waka ahead and I expect them to do same. It's a pity if mine don't always correspond with theirs. smiley

Freiburger:

Oh no don't get me wrong i 've got nothing against you,  But in any case i'm sincerely sorry if you feel intimidated by my comments.
Apology accepted. . . .and No, Missy can't be intimidated by anyone's presence or comment.  wink I just stated what I noticed but, no qualms. We're cool.  smiley

aieromon:

@Missy B
Even after eatin' spicy food
No one says You can't blow your nose. Just excuse yourself and do it where no one can see/hear you.
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by blacksta(m): 1:53pm On Aug 01, 2010
Dont have one - Cause i am cool
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by meyri: 6:22pm On Aug 02, 2010
My grandma doesn't like it when I go use left hand to eat and grab something. She threatens to smack my face well well if i go chop with or use left hand.

I hate it when people chew loudly when they eat. I do not need to hear what your food sounds like.
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by indie22(f): 12:20am On Aug 03, 2010
I hate it when people suck bits of food out of their teeth, that sound just kills me

I also hate it when people have got oil stain or bits of food hanging on their chin or the corners of their mouth, friggin irritating!!

My mum hates it when you eat eba and leave soup in the bowl, when we were younger she would give you the evil eye if it seemed like you wanted to do it, you would have to force feed yourself real quick to avoid a smacking.!
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by eagle22(f): 12:16pm On Dec 13, 2010
i like eating the bone especially if the meat is chicken. my friend always eat his food as if in a competing of who will finish first, thereby pouring some on the table even on his shirt. He also chew like a dog so i hate watching him while he's eating. Oh! again he leaves some food particles on his lips uncleaned.
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by AKO1(m): 7:02pm On Dec 13, 2010
Others: Chewing bone/hard meat, realizing they can't swallow it at once and spitting it back into the plate. Yuckness.

Me: undecided
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by snthesis(m): 9:28pm On Dec 14, 2010
I eat from evrywhere on d plate, I usually start from d side, den to d top, middle afterawhile my plate looks a mess
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by GeorgeD1(m): 11:09am On Dec 15, 2010
eating while talking grin
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by pslm23(f): 3:07pm On Dec 15, 2010
Me: My eye is bigger than my stomach grin I take more than i can finish and then force myself to eat it all and then hate myself for eating all that food, then end up being sick to my stomach.

others: drinking water before eating (my grandma drummed it into my head that it is not good to drink before eating because it half fills you up and then you will end up not eating much and then getting hungry again after a few minutes)
Also, people that sneeze into their hands while at the table is a turn off for me because they don't go wash their hands immediately and then they touch serving spoons or dishes thereby spreading their germs, sneeze into the crook of your elbow for crying out loud!! angry
My last peeve is people that excuse themselves from the dining table to go to the bathroom and come back after doing # 2 and u can tell they did not wash their freaking hands before coming back to the table angry angry angry
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by GeorgeD1(m): 9:50am On Dec 16, 2010
licking the soup plate with both hands! grin
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by ifyalways(f): 2:52pm On Dec 16, 2010
Me;drinking and eating.Picking my food.Not serious with the food itself(eat small,get up to do something else,come back to the food after 30 mins . . .)
Others:chewing loudly.
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by AKO1(m): 3:54pm On Dec 16, 2010
pslm23:

My last peeve is people that excuse themselves from the dining table to go to the bathroom and come back after doing # 2[i] and u can tell they did not wash their freaking hands before coming back to the table angry angry angry[/i]

LMAO how can you tell?
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by pslm23(f): 9:26pm On Dec 16, 2010
A_K_O:

LMAO how can you tell?

it's quite obvious. a hand that has been washed will have that "wet" look even after it has been dried by a hand towel. If you leave a meal you were eating with your hands to go to the bathroom and you come back with evidence of "palm oil and dried garri" on your hand, YOU DID NOT WASH YOUR HANDS!!!  angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by MissyB3(f): 11:48pm On Dec 16, 2010
Jeeez!
I sat close to a dude today and OMG! Dude was chewing gum and making the tah tah sound continuously. It was so disturbing and annoying that I felt like going closer to him and giving him a dirty slap since the 'bad look' I was giving him couldn't make him stop or chew better. A man for that matter.angry
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by AKO1(m): 12:12pm On Dec 18, 2010
pslm23:

it's quite obvious. a hand that has been washed will have that "wet" look even after it has been dried by a hand towel. If you leave a meal you were eating with your hands to go to the bathroom and you come back with evidence of "palm oil and dried garri" on your hand, YOU DID NOT WASH YOUR HANDS!!!  angry angry angry

Hahaha okay I'm convinced. That 'palm oil' may even be lipsrsealed
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by sunch(m): 3:24pm On Dec 19, 2010
My girlfriend wld take eba from d other plate and drop it in the other plate of soup during d process of eating.
To me it's disgusting and irritating which i seems to shout her down if i notice her going 2dis extent
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by MissyB3(f): 12:48am On Dec 20, 2010
Lol! grin
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by GeorgeD1(m): 12:22pm On Dec 22, 2010
licking soup while eating! grin
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 19, 2011
Ok my bad table manners-i )always spill my food on the table or my top to d extent fiance nicknamed me licking mouth. ii) I always take bigger potion cos i hate going back 2 d pot for second round it does'nt taste d same.
I dislike when people have to finish their food first before eating d meat (e no be desert) and lastly people licking their five fingers why not lick your toes
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 19, 2011
oh shiiit!
people racking their teeth against the spoon when eating, oh lawd!!!!!
i could just jump over the table and smack the teeth out of their mouth.
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by akunta(f): 1:29pm On Jan 28, 2011
Mine wud be taking ages to finsh my food tongue
My sis always says, she wud hv prepared anoda meal by the time i am thru with wat am eating grin
Re: Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. by GeorgeD1(m): 2:23pm On Jan 29, 2011
akunta,
its better to take your time and enjoy your meal than rushing through it like your in a warfront.
i can relate to that! grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meat Pie / Viju Milk Drink Vs Cway Milk Drink ! / Fanta Vs Sprite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.