Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Nokia N900 Is Droping In Price - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia N900 Is Droping In Price (5448 Views)

Upgrade Of Maemo 5 Operating System On Nokia N900 To Andriod Operating System / How Do I Download/install Dictionary On My Nokia N900? / Phone prices are droping fast ( Motorola V3 = 18k In Computer Village ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia N900 Is Droping In Price by protocol(m): 4:37pm On Jul 20, 2010
, JUST COMING BACK FROM DCSL ADEOLA ODEKU WHRER I WAS TOLD TO PAY 68000 NAORA ONLY FOR THE ENGINE NOKIA N900. ON SATURDAY LAS WEEK, I WENT TO THE SLOT AND THE PRICE WAS 77000 AND A FREE GREENTOOTH sorry bluetooth for free. still waiting shyy!
Re: Nokia N900 Is Droping In Price by malikalhaj: 4:42pm On Jul 20, 2010
this good or bad news? or its just news. . . BTW N900 goes for 72 @ slot
Re: Nokia N900 Is Droping In Price by lynxnoon(m): 9:33pm On Jul 20, 2010
lol. . . . am sure it will fall down to 50k by next week
. . . . i kinda lost interest wen i realized it doesnt support java runtime sad undecided
wish they did something about it
moving on to Android jare!!
Re: Nokia N900 Is Droping In Price by texazzpete(m): 8:27am On Jul 22, 2010
N900 is getting to be old news these days. To be honest, i can't see why someone would get one over a HTC Desire (1Ghz smartphone running Android 2.2). It's got all the bells and whistles of the N900 (more impressive specs) and it has an OS that has a whole lot more momentum than the Meego running on the N900.

For all the talk of it being open source, the best apps churned out by the community will not even come near the quality of what you can get on the Android Market.

The N900 is Nokia's best phone right now, but still, it's a no-brainer to go with Android these days for the average consumer.

If you're a hardcore geek, then probably the N900 will seem compelling to you.
Re: Nokia N900 Is Droping In Price by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:37am On Jul 22, 2010
hack it to run android. simple grin grin grin

sigh, dont you just wish all these fones actually made sense in naija, with all the functions that you will never use or underutilise?

nokia's time is over, sorry!! they should just start producing low end mass appeal fones like c3
Re: Nokia N900 Is Droping In Price by puskin: 9:47am On Jul 22, 2010
4llerbuntu:

sigh, dont you just wish all these fones actually made sense in naija, with all the functions that you will never use or underutilise?

nokia's time is over, sorry!! they should just start producing low end mass appeal fones like c3

Yep!!!!!!!!! tell 'em again!!!!!!!!
Re: Nokia N900 Is Droping In Price by lynxnoon(m): 10:25am On Jul 22, 2010
4llerbuntu:

yes oh!!
they just keep disappointing me sad undecided
Re: Nokia N900 Is Droping In Price by dekin(m): 11:18am On Jul 22, 2010
texazzpete:

N900 is getting to be old news these days. To be honest, i can't see why someone would get one over a HTC Desire (1Ghz smartphone running Android 2.2). It's got all the bells and whistles of the N900 (more impressive specs) and it has an OS that has a whole lot more momentum than the Meego running on the N900.

For all the talk of it being open source, the best apps churned out by the community will not even come near the quality of what you can get on the Android Market.

The N900 is Nokia's best phone right now, but still, it's a no-brainer to go with Android these days for the average consumer.

If you're a hardcore geek, then probably the N900 will seem compelling to you.
@texazz thought u posted a video showing N900 running smoothly on android 2.2? and the N900 has been hacked to run on 1-1.2GHz comfortably without any problems. having an N900 is like best of both world;-android and maemo/meego on one phone cool
Re: Nokia N900 Is Droping In Price by texazzpete(m): 12:45pm On Jul 22, 2010
4llerbuntu:

The android hack won't be completely seamless. And no hack can make the N900 meet up with the tech specs of the HTC Desire/Nexus One. The Desire will still easily smoke the N900 at stuff like emulation.
No hack can make the N900 any less chunky either.

I don't know about you, but the only function i don't use on my iPhone 3GS is the GPS (no decent maps for Nigeria yet). I download apps from the store, browse with mobile Safari over Wifi, play online games over Wifi etc. If i had a Nexus one, it'd be the same. it doesn't take much effort or investment to fully utilize your phone in Naija.
Re: Nokia N900 Is Droping In Price by texazzpete(m): 12:59pm On Jul 22, 2010
dekin:

@texazz thought u posted a video showing N900 running smoothly on android 2.2? and the N900 has been hacked to run on 1-1.2GHz comfortably without any problems. having an N900 is like best of both world;-android and maemo/meego on one phone cool

Doesn't mean it's a perfect hack.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=49811&page=1

Phone and 3D gpu aren't working at the moment.

I hope i haven't come across as being too hard on the N900. it's a solid device, i've been blown away everytime it's been demoed to me. I just have this strong dislike for how poor Nokia in general have become, and serious contempt for the clueless people who keep buying their iterative Symbian phones.

The N900 is a really good phone, though. Could be better, though.

@dekin
overclocking the N900 leads to a serious hit on the already average N900 battery life. Not worth it.
Re: Nokia N900 Is Droping In Price by lynxnoon(m): 1:20pm On Jul 22, 2010
@tex
u r right about it not hacking completely; i watched a video this morning n it showed the n900 hacked but not been able to do/exploit all the funtions its suppose to do undecided
Re: Nokia N900 Is Droping In Price by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:31pm On Jul 23, 2010
yeah well, thats life for u!! grin

but it should work with meego, and pls has nokia abandoned that project too? i thot they said they were ditching maemo for meego!! where the meego naw?
Re: Nokia N900 Is Droping In Price by texazzpete(m): 2:42pm On Jul 24, 2010
4llerbuntu:

yeah well, thats life for u!! grin

but it should work with meego, and pls has nokia abandoned that project too? i thot they said they were ditching maemo for meego!! where the meego naw?
Nokia won't be officially porting meego to the N900

http://news.techworld.com/operating-systems/3224696/nokia-confirms-no-meego-upgrade-for-n900/
Re: Nokia N900 Is Droping In Price by damouchi45: 3:27pm On Sep 28, 2010
i have one for sale.68k
Re: Nokia N900 Is Droping In Price by damouchi45: 3:32pm On Sep 28, 2010
sorry abt that its 60k, call me on 08037049716, price is negotiable

(1) (Reply)

Please What's This Card Meant For? Saw It On My Way To Office / ★ How To Change Your 2go Display Name★ [photos] /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.