Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

My Manipulations - Art, Graphics & Video (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Manipulations (5927 Views)

Awesome Photo Manipulations / AMAZING PHOTO MANIPULATIONS! THESE PICTURES WILL STUN YOU! / Photo Manipulations That Will Blow Your Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 8:24pm On Dec 12, 2010
People, am available for commissions o! Ave just graduated and am looking for something worthwhile and innovative to create, for a fee of course, for nothing good comes free, except fresh air and green grass.

Www.eziaha.deviantart.com/gallery

Twitter:@ekwem

Www.ekwemartin.

Hopefully the official flagshiparts site will be up soon,
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 6:53am On Dec 18, 2010
am tryn to learn digital painting, i thought i cudnt do it because i didnt know photoshop that well, then i realised it was because i didnt know how to paint at all, i guess i have to let it go, a dent in my dream of becoming a photoshop all-rounder! sad
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 6:00am On Dec 20, 2010
tryna work on an album art for the first time! will post the work in progress tor appraisal as soon as I can.stay tuned.
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 6:05am On Dec 31, 2010
final draft of the back of the CD cover. front soon to come, having some minor issues with the photomanipulation necessary there.hit me up if you need one .

for some currently unsigned Artistes, its called Partners In Rhyme, hence the mugshot idea.

Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 6:07am On Dec 31, 2010
oh yeah, tell me your favorite photo manipulator what you think of the above wink
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 6:56am On Jan 06, 2011
what?, no comments? embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry
Re: My Manipulations by OKX(m): 2:28pm On Jan 06, 2011
comments? Ok
I like d concept (but its hard 2 feel d full impact without d front tho- that, would hae prepared us for the back and eliminated ur need 2 xplain concept)

assessing d back alone, the fonts dont quite look like they belong in the pic-my opinion.
especially on d lower page- dunno if its d font type or color. U cld play around.s

An impressive first tho.
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 3:05pm On Jan 16, 2011
just did this as a sort of promo for my proposed design agency.am still looking for contract o, call me 08067522553.
ekwe martin.

Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 3:40pm On Jan 20, 2011
Two days ago, i stumbled upon http://cutelittlefactory .com icon creation tutorials i had downloaded to my computer months ago. Its an awesome site by Andrea Austoni, an Italian graphic designer, for vector enthusiasts who would like to learn to create everyday objects using photoshop or illustrator. I was really impressed and inspired by what i saw there and decided I was gonna learn how to replicate my HTC desire on screen.

This morning, soon as I awoke, I switched on my ever-present-beside-my-bed laptop and got to work., right after saying a little prayer for inspiration and perseverance because in first-time projects like these, faint hearted designers are wont to give up halfway, their estimate of their skills reduced in their mind’s eye.

Spent a lot of time holding the phone up to light in order to understand how to render the curves and highlights in Photoshop. So I started, it was a rough start, I had to download an image of the phone from google in order to pen the outline. The going was really tough, until the damn power went out. I was glad I had saved moments before, else I would have been discovered hours later by my sister, smiling wildy and scratching my head as I fell deeper into the well of insanity. I would wait for about eight hours before the epileptic power would be restored.

I swotted over my keyboard and mouse, using this tutorial as a guide until I came up with this! To make the look more authentic, I visited the android market and downloaded a screenshot software with which I got a screenshot of my actual phone screen. With regard to my proficiency with drawing, this was the most difficult art work I had done in 3 months, after my last photomanipulation. You can see all my photo manips here.

The result, after a messed up layers palette and brute force guess work, though not perfect has boosted my image of my skills and the power of my determination.

For aesthetics i resolved to make it like a promotional advert for hte device and used the seven home screens-which by the way is an extremely cool feature- as the selling point. I have resolved to create more objects to consolidate my new mindset and better myself in graphic design generally. Thank God!

PS, none other but my HTC Desire was man-handled, bent, held to the light, dropped on the table and dragged on my bed during the making of this design. If your HTC desire looks like the one drawn, that is simply because the company thought to make copies of the phone after a lot of midnight meetings.

Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 10:22am On Jan 21, 2011
I can see the views piling up but no comments.come on people, encourage your guy now.

this is an edit I made. a critique said the previous one is too distracting from the main focus, which was the phone itself

Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 6:12pm On Jan 22, 2011
hey,I see the views piling up but no comments,
Re: My Manipulations by harakiri(m): 8:51pm On Jan 25, 2011
Did you use photoshop for all this or some other software?
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 11:43pm On Jan 25, 2011
just photoshop. i use illustrator for the logos.
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 7:41pm On Feb 01, 2011
hmmm, this all the attention I get for my hardwork? LOL.
Re: My Manipulations by ugo2u(m): 10:47am On Feb 02, 2011
lol! you're really improving ma man, seriously I am no where near you at this pace, wow! good jobs man. its still time to step up higher still. once in a while post a tutorial ok
Re: My Manipulations by ugo2u(m): 10:48am On Feb 02, 2011
thanks for sharing the site, its awesome
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 9:34am On Feb 03, 2011
*takes a low bow* na God o.nothing like prayer and hardwork. I didn't see the photoshop software until January 1, 2008! wonder the sort of thing I will be able to create in two years,

am working on that tutorial thing. my site is still being developed by a very busy friend. will begin creating some tuts now to upload on the site when it debuts.

if anyone needs a job done,am still reachable at martinekwe(at)yahoo(dot)com
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 3:10pm On Feb 09, 2011
I swear, I wonder how the page views is increasing so rapidly with no one deeming it fit to comment. the thing tire me o.*now hoping subsequent visitors would take the cue*
Re: My Manipulations by ugo2u(m): 5:13pm On Feb 09, 2011
lol so my input no dey enough abi
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 4:24am On Feb 12, 2011
trying to learn maya for the 100th time. gonna stop photo manips for a while, if i can. i really need this 3d animation skill but i get so sleepy each time i begin watching tutorials. i think i need two screens, one for the tutorial and one for the practice. if only we had excellent 3d schools in naija. mcheww
Re: My Manipulations by ugo2u(m): 7:29am On Feb 12, 2011
well learning 3D is not quite easy, because initally your brain tries to balance both (you learn 3d and forget a little photoshop) anyway here is what I do, I convert the video tutorial into mobile size and upload it to my phone and watch it alot then I practice. although 2 screen will work well too, just keep at it, its rewarding. have you seen my japanese sword render?
Re: My Manipulations by Nobody: 4:13am On Feb 15, 2011
You guys are impressive.
Re: My Manipulations by 1one: 10:51pm On Mar 04, 2011
@Flagship

Okay O!, you say make we contribute,let me start by saying you are really good, i'm an after effects/motion graphics person bt seeing what you are doing with stills i'm jealous, abi should I throw my after effects away and concentrate on photoshop, em, maybe later,when I was reading your dream about judgment day and all,I was rushing through to get to the end becos I was expecting to see a "Gangster" illusration of the whole gist,I use "Gangster" to synonimize "Awesome".But all the same It was a nice read,No matter how born again I get,that day still seems to give me "hot shivers" even though i'm as born again as the pope(but with a little funk).Anyways keep upping your game,maybe I might call you sometime to tutor me on photoshop,by the way,is it only photoshop you use for all this designs,what did you use for the fallen angels image?, do you copy pictures and work on them or do you create the images your self, yea, that should do it,i never try,atleast that should make up for all those of us that are viewing instead of commenting.cheers
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 5:31pm On Mar 06, 2011
hey peeps. been out of the circuit for a while.my stupid phone(HTC desire) gave up on me.there is no HTC office in naija so I had to work it out myself.all good now. err,

@ugo nope I haven't seen your render.can i?

@1one

thank you for your cheerful commentary.we thank God for grace to design, there you are being jealous and here I am wondering if I am any good in light of the type of work I see from fellow Nigerians even on Facebook.such is life.
I used photoshop for every photomanipulation and illustrator for the logos. the phone design was made entirely in photoshop from scratch.

I normally combine a bunch of images for the manipulations. I get most of my images from deviantART.com go to my page there and you will get to see links to the individual images I used to create each manipulation (www.eziaha.deviantart.com/gallery/)
am in recession now.am afraid I have designers block. can't come up with anything to design.scares the crap outta me!!!

am always happy to teach photoshop, you are welcome to call whenever.
thank you.

oh, and about the dream, gives me gives me shivers each time I read my own account of it. am a bit of a Blogger too, haven't had much tome to come up something recently tho.working on it. writing makes the boredom go away.
(www.ekwemartin.)
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 3:31am On Mar 24, 2011
Just something I had to cook up in 3 hours for an events outfit

Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 7:21am On Mar 28, 2011
lil advert

Re: My Manipulations by ugo2u(m): 8:15am On Mar 28, 2011
gud
Re: My Manipulations by ugo2u(m): 1:07am On Mar 29, 2011
I didnt want to create a new thread for this, hope you dont mind.

Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 6:24am On Apr 13, 2011
what exactly is the story??
Re: My Manipulations by Aseye(m): 3:31pm On Apr 18, 2011
guess vintage,
Re: My Manipulations by flagship(m): 6:00am On Apr 23, 2011
jus did this one yesterday. I dare say am proud of it, such a long time since I last designed something!

Re: My Manipulations by ugo2u(m): 7:01am On Apr 29, 2011
Something i did a while back

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SOLID CONCEPTZ: Unique Logos,Advert banners and flyers,social media covers e.t.c / Nairaland Free Logos Design Promotion By Awoofawo / Unexpected Uses For Honey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.