Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

I Love Puppetry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Love Puppetry (546 Views)

God knows I love Frank / I Love Her But The Spirit Using Her I Hate! / My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Love Puppetry by Dynisty: 11:26am On Jul 21, 2010
Some years back I worked as a youth worker for Scripture Union. One of my fondest memories is when we did a puppetry show in a local primary school and my puppet got attacked by one of the kids for being so mean. This, while some of the other kids in the group were using some very creative language in to show how much they disliked my puppet’s character. As you can imagine, there was quite a bit of uproar in the classroom but as a team, we had a great laugh about the whole incident afterwards.

My puppet was a bad character & perhaps 'deserved' the kind of treatment it got. This made me ask myself: What kind of response or reaction do I generate, as people interact with me? While I’d be interested to know how those who interact with me would answer, I think the answer lies in who’s hand is maneuvering the puppet.

The apostle Paul writes to the Galatians in chapter 2: 19 – 20, and says "I have been put to death with Christ on his cross, so that it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me. This life that I live now, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave his life for me." Unlike the puppets I used to have fun with, we have a choice in deciding who the hand is that directs our lives. So, who are you allowing to direct you?

Share your thoughts on, www.1africa.tv/blog3.php

Follow me on Urban Edge, every Monday to Friday from 12-2pm CAT on 1AfricaRadio, log on listen live www.1africa.tv

(1) (Reply)

Please Help / Find Your Chosen Spouse / Sss Shuts Down Ogun Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.