Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

All About Multi Lnb Setup - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / All About Multi Lnb Setup (9743 Views)

Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) / All About C-band Lnb Installation / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All About Multi Lnb Setup by Ameboperoo(m): 11:31am On Jul 21, 2010
Lets continue our discussion on multi lnb set up here. Pls repost valuable info and pix here. It makes it easier to access than searching through the long thread.
Re: All About Multi Lnb Setup by magaddai(m): 12:03pm On Jul 21, 2010
Quote from Ameboperoo Today at 11:31:58 AM
Lets continue our discussion on multi lnb set up here. Pls repost valuable info and pix here. It makes it easier to access than searching through the long thread.

@Ameboperoo
Thanx for opening a new topic for Multilnb. It'll really go a long in making search a lot easier than in long threads, Keep the good job up.
Re: All About Multi Lnb Setup by freshp(m): 4:46pm On Jul 21, 2010
@ ameboo,
well i just posted on the mhread b4 realising that you have opened up the new thread
it was directed at enigma
so i will repost here
Re: All About Multi Lnb Setup by freshp(m): 4:51pm On Jul 21, 2010
@ ameboo,
well i just posted on the mhread b4 realising that you have opened up the new thread
it was directed at enigma
so i will repost here:
   through hotwire's edited  picture . . . i asked if my wave directions are correct from his explanations,

A is nilesat B is W3A and C is Multi Tv

what do you think wink

Re: All About Multi Lnb Setup by Enigma(m): 5:32pm On Jul 21, 2010
I should point out that my reply on the other thread was based on the positioning of the LNBs alone. The LNBs are correctly Nilesat at focus, 7e at B and 28e at C. I do not think your arrows showing the incoming directions of the waves and signals are correct --- but that is not critical for practical purposes; it is more relevant for theoretical understanding.
Re: All About Multi Lnb Setup by freshp(m): 5:37pm On Jul 21, 2010
@ Enigma
thanks just what i needed. . . a push in the right directions grin
Re: All About Multi Lnb Setup by Enigma(m): 5:57pm On Jul 21, 2010
The attached file was drawn up by a kind poster on satellites.co.uk; see http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/dish-setup-guides-information-threads-faqs/133694-offset-lnb-monobloc-lnb-guide-pdf.html

It will give an idea of how satellite signals are reflected (as with a mirror) in a multi-LNB set up.

I will post something equally interesting in the next post.

1 Share

Re: All About Multi Lnb Setup by Enigma(m): 6:16pm On Jul 21, 2010
If I've got this to work, you should see a Raven 90 dish with 7 LNBs on it though it can actually receive from 8 satellites as one of the LNBs get signals from 2 different satellites.

Starting from extreme left right as we look at it: 1w, 5e, 7e & 9e, 13e (centre), 16e, 19e, 28e.

Re: All About Multi Lnb Setup by Bamsat(m): 11:07am On Jun 02, 2012
Nice work. Kindly eplain ur work, pls

1 Like

Re: All About Multi Lnb Setup by Enigma(m): 11:46pm On Jun 06, 2012
Bamsat: Nice work. Kindly eplain ur work, pls

Hi, sorry I haven't been in this section in a while.

That dish setup is based in the UK where European satellites are much easier to receive. The picture was posted in the "early" days when multi-LNB setups were not common or well known among members here. Now, I've seen very good examples/pictures and quite capable people here.

Anyway to exlain the setup:

- the dish is a Raven 90cm (very good dish)
- the central LNB is focused at Hotbird 13e
- the other LNBs in that picture received (IIRC) 1w, 7e, 9e, 16e, 19e & 28e.
- I've since added one more LNB so now on that dish I receive: 1w (sometimes), 5e, 7e & 9e (on one LNB), 13e, 16e, 19e, 28e.
- apart from that dish, I also have a small dish on a motor for receiving Western satellites that I can't receive on the dish in the picture

If there is anything else you'd like me to clarify, I'd be happy to. smiley

cool

1 Like

Re: All About Multi Lnb Setup by Enigma(m): 11:52pm On Jun 06, 2012
Ah, after posting above I realise that the picture is actually the later version with 7 LNBs; I had posted another version earlier before with fewer LNBs. smiley

cool

EDIT Actually, my confusion was due to the fact that I thought only the picture had been moved to this thread; now I realise my whole post was moved --- how did that happen? Perhaps the mods have the ability to move posts from one thread to another?
Re: All About Multi Lnb Setup by obnelly: 12:27am On Jun 07, 2012
Enigma am really happy you are back.
Re: All About Multi Lnb Setup by Enigma(m): 12:43am On Jun 07, 2012
Cheers Obnelly

I swas spending time engaged in quite some ruckus on the religion thread; I'll try to pop in here more.

Meanwhile nna men, guys have gone far here oo; quite nice. smiley

cool
Re: All About Multi Lnb Setup by Hakerbamii(m): 5:21pm On Oct 21, 2013
[size=15pt]Holy lampard!!.... I dnt undastand a bit of all this Lnb,crtv,pdptv blar blar blar, i think i need a tutorial! [/size]

(1) (Reply)

To Change Your Tv To Smart Tv, Get Android Iptv Box / Am Having Problem With Dstv Explora / Hahaha T Boss Just Got Evicted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.