Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

How To Start A Catfish Farming Business - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Start A Catfish Farming Business (12025 Views)

Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Investment In Catfish Farming (things you need to know) / Catfish Farming: My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start A Catfish Farming Business by olamson(m): 11:49am On Jul 21, 2010
How to Start a Catfish Farming Business
Starting Own Fish Farming Business
Summary: Have you always dreamed of owning your very own fish farming business? Do you feel that the place that you have would be a great fish farm?
If you want to start your own fish farming business then here is a guide to help you make your dreams come true.
Starting a fish farming business requires a lot of knowledge, skill and planning as the investor would have to look into a lot of variables to make the business possible. Though starting a fish farming business would require intensive study of both the actual technique in fish production as well as the expenses one has to invest for equipment, the fish farming business can prove to be a very profitable venture.
Studying to start a fish farming business
The very first thing that any prospective fish farming business owner has to do is to soak up on as much knowledge in fish culture as possible. It is highly advisable that he take some college courses or some programs that are related to fish farming. If the fish farming business owner has no experience it is good that he first try and work for an established fish farming expert to know the ins and outs in fish farming. If he has the knowledge he then has to conduct the research.
E–manual s
COMPLETE GUIDE TO INVESTING IN CATFISH FARMING IN NIGERIA
Price: N2, 350
THE A-Z OF CATFISH REPRODUCTION WITH LOW START-UP
Price: N2, 350
All in e-mail format

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Catfish Farming Business by Spyker: 3:46pm On Jul 21, 2010
Put it here for all to see. This info is already on the net for ages. No body will pay you for it.

4 Likes

Re: How To Start A Catfish Farming Business by ayosat(m): 6:16pm On Jan 25, 2011
Catfish farming is one lucrative business. Anybody can do it! I have even set it up for some retired people. Think about it, to retire does not have to be the end of your career. You can even go into catfish farming before you even retire from your current work. All you need is just some space and availability of constant water supply. This is a business where there is always a ready made market for yor fish. Your starting point is determined by your pocket. You can start small, then expand later. Don't fall for any scam, or person that tells you that you need millions to start. Be your own boss in catfish farming. For more advice or you need the best fingerlings and juveniles (in thousands) please call 08035193433. Suppliers nationwide is also needed. All at good prices. Thanks.
Re: How To Start A Catfish Farming Business by ayosat(m): 6:21pm On Jan 25, 2011
Catfish farming is one lucrative business. Anybody can do it! I have even set it up for some retired people. Think about it, to retire does not have to be the end of your career. You can even go into catfish farming before you even retire from your current work. All you need is just some space and availability of constant water supply. This is a business where there is always a ready made market for yor fish. Your starting point is determined by your pocket. You can start small, then expand later. Don't fall for any scam, or person that tells you that you need millions to start. Be your own boss in catfish farming. For more advice or you need the best fingerlings and juveniles (in thousands) please call 08035193433. Suppliers nationwide is also needed. All at good prices. Thanks.
Re: How To Start A Catfish Farming Business by fm7070: 1:05pm On Dec 16, 2011
Is it possible to get 1Kg catfish in 3months or thereabour. Are there special catfish breed that grows very faster? How do I identify them?
Please give me the gist.
Which Feed is the best to trust?
Re: How To Start A Catfish Farming Business by ayosat(m): 11:15pm On Jan 14, 2012
For the best fingerlings / juveniles please call Ayo on 08035193433 or drop your e-mail at ayo.tiamiyu@yahoo.com . The farm is located at abule egba, lagos abeokuta expressway.
Re: How To Start A Catfish Farming Business by LYNCON: 2:31pm On Sep 23, 2013
How much are u selling ur fingerlings
Re: How To Start A Catfish Farming Business by LYNCON: 2:32pm On Sep 23, 2013
How much are u selling ur fingerlings?I am at Akowonjo.

goke232002@yahoo.com,08036994189
Re: How To Start A Catfish Farming Business by ultrazone(m): 9:30pm On Jul 26, 2014
If you need to empower yourself in fish farming free, I suggest you take a look at this: https://www.practicalbusinessideas.com/writing-fish-farming-business-plan/
Re: How To Start A Catfish Farming Business by iseeicome: 10:41pm On Aug 19, 2017
Starting a fish farm is one of the best things that can happen to any youth in Nigeria today. It does not really take much capital to begin and you can make money and grow in leaps and bounds. But to start this business, you need a lot of planning. Get your fish farming business plan today. Visit us at : http://businessplan.com.ng/catfish-farming-business-plan-nigeria-feasibility-study/
Re: How To Start A Catfish Farming Business by nagod5(m): 7:24am On Aug 20, 2017
GET PAID for LEADINg to a BUYER. tonnes of agro products for sale at a very wonder cheap price. Note, you dont have to spend your money on transportation, we do that for you. And also we deliver the goods before you pay. What a rare and great offer. Waiting for you to place Order. See my signature to contact m
Re: How To Start A Catfish Farming Business by decencydave: 7:26pm On Jan 05, 2018
Wanna start Catfish farming business? Get a catfish business plan here
https://www.businessplannigeria.com.ng/fish-farming-business-plan-nigeria/
Re: How To Start A Catfish Farming Business by supergist1(m): 4:22pm On Jul 08, 2018
How To Start Catfish Farming in Nigeria (E Manual)

Catfish is among the most common fish in Nigeria. The production of catfish in Nigeria based on current studies, it showed that catfish production, distribution and marketing are way lower than its demand.

The sad thing it is a lot of Nigerians, especially those who have an interest in agricultural related businesses, don’t
http://www.supergist.com.ng/how-to-start-catfish-farming-in-nigeria-e-manual/
Re: How To Start A Catfish Farming Business by ak22(m): 6:11pm On Jul 08, 2018
How much can I spend on feeding 1000 juveniles till selling stage ?
Re: How To Start A Catfish Farming Business by Dayssie08(f): 7:12am On Jul 09, 2018
Good day, my question is water management, how does one dispose the dirty water .i would like you to outline the methods.
Re: How To Start A Catfish Farming Business by ultrazone(m): 12:42am On Oct 13, 2018
sdw
Re: How To Start A Catfish Farming Business by konews: 12:31am On Dec 16, 2018
Catfish is among the most common fish in Nigeria. The production of catfish in Nigeria based on current studies, it showed that catfish production, distribution and marketing are way lower than its demand.
http://www.konews.com.ng/how-to-start-catfish-farming-in-nigeria-e-manual/
Re: How To Start A Catfish Farming Business by Nkhiwa: 1:35pm On Dec 18, 2018
Dear Colleagues,

I'm farming catfish in concrete ponds. One expert advised me to apply 23:21 fertilizer to the pond (with fish in it) to get rid of the algae. We did this yesterday evening. Today all fish are dead. The expert blames it on water quality, but can it be true? Is application of fertilizer a best practice in catfish farming?
Re: How To Start A Catfish Farming Business by begunatoye(m): 9:46pm On Dec 20, 2018
the fertilizer killed your fish. why use inorganic fertilizer in a concrete pond? simply drain out the water next time.

(1) (Reply)

Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme (YEAP) / World Coconut Day: Lagos To Empower 5,000 Entrepreneurs / Acres Of Farmland Available For Sale In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.