Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,648 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia (12740 Views)

250,000 Houses For APC States: Nigerians Rebuke Buhari / Martin Patience Joins Nigerian Soldiers In The Combat Region In The North(pics) / 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Fierce Gun Battle With Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by Nobody: 12:27am On Jul 22, 2010
Kobojunkie:

That is a misconception. Nigeria has some really good laws against despoil. We have very good laws . . . even against child abuse and pedophilia. Only we choose NOT to implement them, especially because EGOS are usually involved.
yes but wha is in a law if it is not implementable. . .i have a friend that was r a p e d when i was in school and she told me the guy couldnt be prosecuted for lack of sufficient evidence;i was sad when i heard the story.so how  would a r a p e victim prove her case if she couldnt provide the needed evidence in the court ? undecided
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by spoilt(f): 12:30am On Jul 22, 2010
R!a!p!e is indeed hard to prove. It is not generally commited in open public.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by 0hsisi: 12:34am On Jul 22, 2010
no wonder many of those soldiers came home with HIV and infected their innocent wives before dying
Instead of patrolling the area,they were patrolling the women
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by Kobojunkie: 12:35am On Jul 22, 2010
dayokanu:

You mean they cant date Nigerian soldiers?

Are you then telling us that all these children resulted from our men DATING all the women involved? None were raped?

dayokanu:

My own thinking is that if your are despoiled, there is a high chance you wont know the nationalties of the attackers as he wont come there wearing a Naija flag.

OH LORD HAVE MERCY!! I freaking hate you right now . . . ROFLMAO!!!

You really think a woman will not know that the man rap-ing her has a german/polish/Nigerian accent when he is busy screaming she should shut up or anything of that sort? shocked AAARRRGGHH

What the heck??

dayokanu:

Tell me if someone was despoiled in Chicago by a white male, would she know if the attacker is a Slavic descendant or from the Irish. Would she know if he is from California or from NJ. Most likely her report would be that he is around 30, M blond etc and this kind of description fits all Africans

We are speaking here of LIBERIANS knowing Nigerian accents. I am sorry, I can tell a ghanian from a Nigerian. I can tell a South African from a west African. So what exactly are you trying to say here? That when people, men and women, are not being ra-ped, they can identify persons of different nationalities better then men/women being ra-ped can?

South Africans in South Africa know the Nigerians among them but Liberian women would not know when being ra-ped by a nigerian?

ARRRRGHH!!! I can't believe I am even indulging this.

dayokanu:

The situation was probably the soldiers made friends with their host community. The Liquors seller, the high sch chic, the market woman, They were just toasting them. The girls too felt thats an avenue to get out of war torn Liberia.

The soldiers were abruptly posted from Liberia and the girlfriends had kids for them

Dude, it could be anything but since this was during the war, investigations should be conducted to ensure if ra-pe was involved in any of the cases, the men be prosecuted. Just don't give me that BULL that there is no way for a woman to identify her rapist or the accent or his face if she is being ra-ped by said person. It just is bull!
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by Nobody: 12:35am On Jul 22, 2010
0hsisi:

no wonder many of those soldiers came home with HIV
Instead of patrolling the area,they were patrolling the women

abi oooooooooooooo
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by 0hsisi: 12:37am On Jul 22, 2010
isn't it the same men that will r.ape orange and pure water sellers
now they have guns
They did the same things In Biafra
Nigerian soldiers think with their blokoss
Their bullets come from down below
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by Kobojunkie: 12:39am On Jul 22, 2010
~Bluetooth:

yes but wha is in a law if it is not implementable. . .i have a friend that was r a p e d when i was in school and she told me the guy couldnt be prosecuted for lack of sufficient evidence;i was sad when i heard the story.so how  would a r a p e victim prove her case if she couldnt provide the needed evidence in the court ? undecided

But think for a second about this though. A woman raped in a western country under the same circumstance has a change of getting justice at the courts. And we are talking PRE-DNA testing. We have the laws on book but because in our society, we have this preconception that women are always guilty, we ignore implementing of laws to protect our women over and over. So many men go as far as to BOAST about it.

I attended one of the universities down there in NIgeria, and the rate of ra-pes on campus was ridiculous then. You knew at least one or two women who had been raped and most times they knew who did it but when some tried to alert the authorities they were threatened instead with expulsion.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by THEAMAKA(f): 12:40am On Jul 22, 2010
@topic
BULLSH!T!
won't these people leave Naija alone? KAI
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by 0hsisi: 12:42am On Jul 22, 2010
THE AMAKA:

@topic
BULLSH!T!
won't these people leave Naija alone? KAI

leave who alone?
you may have first cousins in Monrovia longing to know you
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by spoilt(f): 12:43am On Jul 22, 2010
Lol.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by MeGaStReEt: 12:44am On Jul 22, 2010
this is ridiculous
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by Kobojunkie: 12:47am On Jul 22, 2010
0hsisi:

leave who alone?

***shudders***
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by THEAMAKA(f): 12:49am On Jul 22, 2010
0hsisi:

leave who alone?
LOL, GOD FORBID!
Tufiakwa!
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 22, 2010
Kobojunkie:

But think for a second about this though. A woman despoiled in a western country under the same circumstance has a change of getting justice at the courts. And we are talking PRE-DNA testing. We have the laws on book but because in our society, we have this preconception that women are always guilty, we ignore implementing of laws to protect our women over and over. So many men go as far as to BOAST about it.

I attended one of the universities down there in NIgeria, and the rate of ra-pes on campus was ridiculous then. You knew at least one or two women who had been despoiled and most times they knew who did it but when some tried to alert the authorities they were threatened instead with expulsion.
some victims even preferred not telling anybody because of the stigma involve.i think the government is doing less to protect r a p e victims honestly.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by Kobojunkie: 12:53am On Jul 22, 2010
~Bluetooth:

some victims even preferred not telling anybody because of the stigma involve.i think the government is doing less to protect r a p e victims honestly.

It is horrible . . .
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by Nobody: 12:58am On Jul 22, 2010
Kobojunkie:

It is horrible . . .
if not ,why is somebody like yerima not behind the prison wall ?
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by Nobody: 1:08am On Jul 22, 2010
~Bluetooth:

And because they dont want to be shunned or banished
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by TewMuch: 1:43am On Jul 22, 2010
Not trying to be insensitive, but I don't see how Nigeria is responsible for these 250000.There is no proof that they were fathered by Nigerian soldiers and DNA test is impossible.Liberia should stop trying to push their destitute children on Nigerians to take care of them.We are already dealing with population explosion here, where are the resources to take care of 250000 people, when enough people are suffering.Abike Dabiri does not have enough work to do and needs to be reassigned.If these children were not born in Nigeria, or their birth certificates were not signed by the proposed father's? Too bad, they become the responsibility of Liberia, not Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by THEAMAKA(f): 2:01am On Jul 22, 2010
TewMuch:

Not trying to be insensitive, but I don't see how Nigeria is responsible for these 250000.There is no proof that they were fathered by Nigerian soldiers and DNA test is impossible.Liberia should stop trying to push their destitute children on Nigerians to take care of them.We are already dealing with population explosion here, where are the resources to take care of 250000 people, when enough people are suffering.Abike Dabiri does not have enough work to do and needs to be reassigned.If these children were not born in Nigeria, or their birth certificates were not signed by the proposed father's? Too bad, they become the responsibility of Liberia, not Nigeria.
exactly.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by Nobody: 2:26am On Jul 22, 2010
There already are millions of Nigerian/Sierra Leone and Liberian mixture. I have one very very beautiful and cute bootyful class mate who said she is Nigerian/Sierra Leonian but she was born in Sierra Leone. I don't know but the possibility of Nigerian military having a relationship with those women is very slim.

So someone read that US soldiers rap_ed Iraqi women,  It was reported and published in NY times as well. But does that mean what Nigerian soldiers did was right? What kind of brain do you guys have? This thread is not about US this is about Nigeria. The kids will become Nigerians and Nigeria is pushing 170mill plus other in the diaspora. If you count how many kids Nigerian men abandon here after getting their papers, Nigeria should be pushing 170.3mill mostly bi racial and others with Afro-Americans.

TewMuch:

You do now according to constitution, if you have at least a Nigerian parent you are automatically a Nigerian right? Also it was reported the scale at which Nigeria military men either rap-ed or were fornicating with Liberian women during the war. It's no doubt and it has a very high probability. It better to believe than to not.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by Nobody: 2:31am On Jul 22, 2010
9jaganja:

There already are millions of Nigerian/Sierra Leone and Liberian mixture. I have one very very beautiful and cute bootyful class mate who said she is Nigerian/Sierra Leonian but she was born in Sierra Leone. I don't know but the possibility of Nigerian military having a relationship with those women is very slim.

So someone read that US soldiers rap_ed Iraqi women, It was reported and published in NY times as well. But does that mean what Nigerian soldiers did was right? What kind of brain do you guys have? This thread is not about US this is about Nigeria. The kids will become Nigerians and Nigeria is pushing 170mill plus other in the diaspora. If you count how many kids Nigerian men abandon here after getting their papers, Nigeria should be pushing 170.3mill mostly bi racial and others with Afro-Americans.
what makes them different case ? they are both group of armed men who took advantage of innocent girls during the war.so ?
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by TewMuch: 2:35am On Jul 22, 2010
9jaganja:

So someone read that US soldiers rap_ed Iraqi women, It was reported and published in NY times as well. But does that mean what Nigerian soldiers did was right? What kind of brain do you guys have? This thread is not about US this is about Nigeria. The kids will become Nigerians and Nigeria is pushing 170mill plus other in the diaspora. If you count how many kids Nigerian men abandon here after getting their papers, Nigeria should be pushing 170.3mill mostly bi racial and others with Afro-Americans.
Nigeria does not owe them anything. I dare you to try stepping into and American or US embassy and alleging all what these women are alleging, just to get citizenship and recognition. In just 2 minutes, you will be thrown out on your ass in the cold. Their country should take responsibility, those are the negative aspects of war. Next time they will look out for the best interest of their citizens, rather than letting rebels take them over. Too bad, Nigerians are not the baby daddy's. grin
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by Nobody: 2:37am On Jul 22, 2010
~Bluetooth:

what makes them different case ? they are both group of armed men who took advantage of innocent girls during the war.so ?

We should deal with our own issues. You can't say we won't blame them simply because Americans do the same. That is absurd. US is corrupt so will you say we shouldn't tackle corruption simply because the United States is also corrupt? Common!!! This is about Nigerian Military and not about the US.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by Nobody: 2:39am On Jul 22, 2010
TewMuch:

Nigeria does not owe them anything. I dare you to try stepping into and American or US embassy and alleging all what these women are alleging, just to get citizenship and recognition. In just 2 minutes, you will be thrown out on your backside in the cold. Their country should take responsibility, those are the negative aspects of war. Next time they will look out for the best interest of their citizens, rather than letting rebels take them over. Too bad, Nigerians are not the baby daddy's. grin

Are you serious? If American soldiers fathered some children and DNA test proves that, the kids becomes Americans automatically no doubt. Especially if it was a soldier on mission. This isn't about the US people stop this!!
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by Nobody: 2:40am On Jul 22, 2010
9jaganja:

We should deal with our own issues. You can't say we won't blame them simply because Americans do the same. That is absurd. US is corrupt so will you say we shouldn't tackle corruption simply because the United States is also corrupt? Common!!! This is about Nigerian Military and not about the US.
and where did you see me supporting them ? feel free to quote me undecided
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by TewMuch: 2:40am On Jul 22, 2010
9jaganja:

You do now according to constitution, if you have at least a Nigerian parent you are automatically a Nigerian right? Also it was reported the scale at which Nigeria military men either rap-ed or were fornicating with Liberian women during the war. It's no doubt and it has a very high probability. It better to believe than to not.
Until they can provide proof of the bolded above, and the Nigerian soldier comes forward to accept responsibility and sign the birth certificate. Also, after DNA tests. Then sure. But this is highly unlikely. So as it stands, they are Liberians.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by Nobody: 2:43am On Jul 22, 2010
TewMuch:

Until they can provide proof of the bolded above, and the Nigerian soldier comes forward to accept responsibility and sign the birth certificate. Also, after DNA tests. Then sure. But this is highly unlikely. So as it stands, they are Liberians.

Nigerian government will accept this kids simply because they it's true. If the soldiers come forward to say they are the fathers, it raises a new prosecution. Nigerian government knew what happened so they really can't deny what the women are claiming.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by TewMuch: 2:43am On Jul 22, 2010
9jaganja:

Are you serious? If American soldiers fathered some children and DNA test proves that, the kids becomes Americans automatically no doubt. Especially if it was a soldier on mission. This isn't about the US people stop this!!

Nigerians that have no National identification number, and probably no way to trace these people after they leave service. Nigerians can only be found when they want to be found.lol. Also, these women say they were raped. Who will come and confess that they raped a woman? My guess, none. So Liberia should embrace their children with love. They are not Nigerians.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by Nobody: 2:46am On Jul 22, 2010
maybe we shouldnt blame our soldiers much afterall since the us soldiers too do commit such atrocities.it's a military thing

That was what you said and it's wrong brother!!!
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by Nobody: 2:48am On Jul 22, 2010
9jaganja:

That was what you said and it's wrong brother!!!
did you see my comment before and after this one ? no,because tha one got your attention.na wao shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by Nobody: 2:53am On Jul 22, 2010
TewMuch:

Nigerians that have no National identification number, and probably no way to trace these people after they leave service. Nigerians can only be found when they want to be found.lol. Also, these women say they were despoiled. Who will come and confess that they despoiled a woman? My guess, none. So Liberia should embrace their children with love. They are not Nigerians.

That is why Nigerian government will just have to accept this kids since the military men that raped this women were under Nigerian order. Nigeria will have to take responsibility for them.

~Bluetooth:

did you see my comment before and after this one ? no,because tha one got your attention.na wao shocked shocked

Of course that one got my attention cause I was surprised you would say that.

and then you said this:

~Bluetooth:

No they are different because First of all US was at war but Nigerian army was suppose to protect these women. All is fair in war but the soldiers that were reported to have rap-ed women in Iraq are in military jail right now.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia by TewMuch: 2:57am On Jul 22, 2010
9jaganja:

That is why Nigerian government will just have to accept this kids since the military men that despoiled this women were under Nigerian order. Nigeria will have to take responsibility for them.

Sure, what you are saying makes a lot of sense. In that case every where Nigerian soldiers have gone for missions, any miscreant can come and claim they were despoiled. So Nigerians must just take their word and give them citizenship, since they are honest and sincere people. In that case, we should be expecting about half of Africa to come and claim they were despoiled. Nonsense. No country ever accepts responsibility based on talk. They have to prove it, which they have none! Nigeria is not a free for all, we already cannot feed the people we have.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

No / Alamieyeseigha’s Son May Have Died Of Drug Overdose In Dubai / INEC Letter Affirming Eyitayo Jegede As PDP Candidate In Ondo Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.