Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,495 members, 7,801,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Visting Lagos - What You Would Advise Me To See - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visting Lagos - What You Would Advise Me To See (1604 Views)

Nigerian US Green Card Holder Visting Nigeria, And Returning To US From Nigeria / Canadian Visa(visting Or Study Permit) / Visting Nigeria In Dec - Where To Hang Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visting Lagos - What You Would Advise Me To See by WhiteOne(f): 12:29pm On Jul 22, 2010
I am looking for some information, which places best to visit in Lagos or around Lagos.

The main porpoise of this trip is, my two boys should get a better understanding of there Nigeria/Yoruba heritage and gain a better understanding of what live is like in modern Nigeria.

The boyz, where raised in the UK, they speake a bit Yoruba and know customes such as greeting, food, clothing and Ju-Ju and Fuji music from their dad.

Please be serious about your  suggestions.

Thanks!
Re: Visting Lagos - What You Would Advise Me To See by jot01(m): 1:00pm On Jul 22, 2010
WhiteOne:

I am looking for some information, which places best to visit in Lagos or around Lagos.

The main porpoise of this trip is, my two boys should get a better understanding of there Nigeria/Yoruba heritage and gain a better understanding of what live is like in modern Nigeria.

The boyz, where raised in the UK, they speake a bit Yoruba and know customes such as greeting, food, clothing and Ju-Ju and Fuji music from their dad.

Please be serious about your  suggestions.

Thanks!

Its a very Nice and wonderful idea, Take them Home and let them know how it goes and greetings in Yoruba Land is very Important,

Cheers
Re: Visting Lagos - What You Would Advise Me To See by honeric01(m): 1:02pm On Jul 22, 2010
Silverbird galleria
National theater
Museum center
Lagoon restaurant
Oceanview
Polo club
Fela shrine
Cannaland
national stadium
Caliante
Club rehab
Volar Bar
K's place.

e.t.c

you can visit Isale eko for yoruba stuffs
Re: Visting Lagos - What You Would Advise Me To See by jot01(m): 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2010
And do not forget Oluomo Rock in Egba,Ogun State
And Erin jesha water fall in Osun state.

So, Watch the Space, lot of fun for the Kids,

Cheers
Re: Visting Lagos - What You Would Advise Me To See by WhiteOne(f): 2:47pm On Jul 22, 2010
Thanks!

Oluomo Rock in Egba, Ogun State was alredy on our list.

Do you have other tips for Ogun State. We got family there.

The Oluomo Rock is in a town Abekuta in Ogun State, right?

Does anybody know a good hotel there?
Re: Visting Lagos - What You Would Advise Me To See by WhiteOne(f): 2:54pm On Jul 22, 2010
@ honeric01 (m) could you give the names of the quarters/districts of 

Silverbird galleria
National theater
Museum center
Fela shrine
Cannaland
Caliante
Club rehab
Volar Bar
K's place.

Alpha Beach, the Lekki-Shopping-Center, the National stadium was already on our list.

We have good five weeks down there to spend.
Re: Visting Lagos - What You Would Advise Me To See by jot01(m): 6:34pm On Jul 22, 2010
Well, You can google it.

Gateway Hotel

Many More,
Re: Visting Lagos - What You Would Advise Me To See by WhiteOne(f): 7:00pm On Jul 22, 2010
To google something is one thing, to hear from someboby who was staying in a hotel or commend is an other . . .

I am not looking for the perfect europain style hotel - looking for something clean, friendly and african, if i might say so, would not expect an Continental breakfast, looking more for a Bed & Breakfast place.
Re: Visting Lagos - What You Would Advise Me To See by jot01(m): 7:54pm On Jul 22, 2010
Well,
Am a Nigerian and not in Living in Nigeria.
Am living in South Africa but B & B in Nija is not like ones abroad.

Does ur Husband have a House or family you guys can stay with.

You can only enjoy ur stay if u with people or go to 5 stars Hotel, anything below that is not advisable.

You can get more info from other Nairalnders too
Re: Visting Lagos - What You Would Advise Me To See by WhiteOne(f): 8:15pm On Jul 22, 2010
As a good nigerian my husband have a house and we have planty of family and friends we could stay with, this is not my issue here. We have been in Nigeria, before. And i am just tired to do the same things and seeing the same people holiday in and holiday out. I am just looking for ways to see more of the beautiful country and to become a bit more independent from the beloved in-laws. It fact, i am asking myself now is this possible? Just to take our trusty and well maintained off road car and make a road trip in the yoruba land. Or even take a train and make a train journey. A German girl told me she has lived in Nigeria for six months and just have seen two train tracks, wail where there and never a moving train on it.

Regarding accommodation i am not so fussy! bush toilet, bush meat, native wearing and village visted, i have done it all and survive it. We even ate on the road side ect. Only with water i am carefull !
Re: Visting Lagos - What You Would Advise Me To See by jot01(m): 8:29pm On Jul 22, 2010
I really understand.

Yes, there lot of hotels in Ogun state.

Yes, the german lady is correct, Railway system in Nigeria is nothing to write about.

Maybe yu can try Okada( Bike), lol

Well, lot of strange to see again when u get there,
Re: Visting Lagos - What You Would Advise Me To See by WhiteOne(f): 8:43pm On Jul 22, 2010
I was about to take the Okada in my housband hometown wail visting last.
It even was owned and driven by one of my husband relatives.
Guss what happend my husband nearly kick me of it and my good mother in-law shouted with me badly, if i would like to get myself killed! Unfortunately my husband would not allow to go out alone with our car and the driver or the in-lows, which are based at Lagos driving me around. He is so afraid something might happen to me, bec. the road are so raff and the drivers, too. He insist to be my personal driver. And it even took me good three year, before he let me drive in London. Well, i should not complain, he seems to realy care about me!

Okada - i saw three people and a big goat, which where alive onces on a Okada and took a picture, so this people belief me.
Re: Visting Lagos - What You Would Advise Me To See by honeric01(m): 8:09pm On Jul 24, 2010
WhiteOne:

@ honeric01 (m) could you give the names of the quarters/districts of 

Silverbird galleria
National theater
Museum center
Fela shrine
Cannaland
Caliante
Club rehab
Volar Bar
K's place.

Alpha Beach, the Lekki-Shopping-Center, the National stadium was already on our list.

We have good five weeks down there to spend.

All these places are scattered around Lagos, VI and the mainland.
Re: Visting Lagos - What You Would Advise Me To See by WhiteOne(f): 9:36pm On Jul 24, 2010
honeric01 (m) Thank you.
Most of the places where know to my husband.
Re: Visting Lagos - What You Would Advise Me To See by Arnold1(m): 1:57pm On Jul 25, 2010
@Whiteone,

Visit this website. They list many places of interest in Lagos:

Where to go in Lagos
Re: Visting Lagos - What You Would Advise Me To See by gunuvi(m): 5:39pm On Sep 03, 2010
Come straight to Badagry. There are many nice hotels here and many tourist attractions like
First storey building in Nigeria
Slave relics museum
First primary school i Nigeria
Black Heritage museum
Agia tree monument
Slave port
Slave market
Point of no return and many more

If you are intrested, we will send you a comprehensive our brochure to your mail,
Contact us at
swazitoursnigeria@gmail.com
or call 07026015480.
Thanks
Re: Visting Lagos - What You Would Advise Me To See by JAZES(m): 9:03am On Sep 07, 2010
gunuvi:

Come straight to Badagry. There are many nice hotels here and many tourist attractions like
First storey building in Nigeria
Slave relics museum
First primary school i Nigeria
Black Heritage museum
Agia tree monument
Slave port
Slave market
Point of no return and many more

If you are intrested, we will send you a comprehensive our brochure to your mail,
Contact us at
swazitoursnigeria@gmail.com
or call 07026015480.
Thanks

I cannot agree less with you.
Re: Visting Lagos - What You Would Advise Me To See by gunuvi(m): 12:47pm On Sep 07, 2010
@ Jazes, Thanks,

(1) (Reply)

Canada Travel Secrets: How To Negotiate Your Own Visa, Receive It And Travel / PHOTOS: The Most Frightening Bridge In The World / Tragedy Hits Imo State As Truck Knocks Down 12 People, Damages Eight Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.