Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

The Greatest Miracle In Islam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Greatest Miracle In Islam (21891 Views)

Atheist Sees Miracle In Fuel Scarcity, Gets Confused! / The Greatest Miracle In The Bible! / Recent Miracle In Egypt ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Greatest Miracle In Islam by pilgrim1(f): 6:42am On Apr 11, 2007
The Quran depicts Muhammad as a prophet sent by the God of the Bible: first to correct the errors of Judaism and Christianity; and second, to spread the message of true religion and salvation to the whole world. Muslims are made to believe that all the other prophets rank lower than Muhammad, as he is the last and greatest of them all. Many of the Biblical prophets performed miracles as proof that God had called them. If you ask Muslims what miracles Muhammad performed, some believe there was none; others believe there were many. And yet, most are made to believe that the Quran is the greatest miracle in Islam.

Why has Muhammad's 'greatest miracle' not been able to open the eyes of the blind, the ears of the deaf, or benefitted the needy and helpless in Islam, just as the miracles of Moses and Jesus which delievered and saved people? In what ways is Islam's 'greatest miracle' healing the sick and helping the needy?

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by babs787(m): 12:14pm On Apr 11, 2007
@pilgrim

Welcome sister to nairaland. This will be my first post to your threads.

#The Quran depicts Muhammad as a prophet sent by the God of the Bible: first to correct the errors of Judaism and Christianity; and second, to spread the message of true religion and salvation to the whole world. Muslims are made to believe that all the other prophets rank lower than Muhammad, as he is the last and greatest of them all. Many of the Biblical prophets performed miracles as proof that God had called them. If you ask Muslims what miracles Muhammad performed, some believe there was none; others believe there were many. And yet, most are made to believe that the Quran is the greatest miracle in Islam#.

He performed miracles and the Holy Quran is still the greatest of all. If you care, we can start comparing the stories of the prophets in both books.

#Why has Muhammad's 'greatest miracle' not been able to open the eyes of the blind, the ears of the deaf, or benefitted the needy and helpless in Islam, just as the miracles of Moses and Jesus which delievered and saved people? In what ways is Islam's 'greatest miracle' healing the sick and helping the needy?#

A very good question. Miracles has been happening in Islam too but we Muslims do not carry it about as you have been doing. Muslims do not count miracles as the basis of religion. Mind you, Jesus wasnt the only prophet that performed miracle, others performed too, so his case is not different from the rest.

That reminds of a miracle deceiver in Mushin, a surburb of Lagos State that mounted the stage claiming that he could heal the blind and make the lame walk, but unfortunately, this man couldnt do anything to help the less privileged despite the fact that these handicapped claimed that they believed in Jesus Christ.

I dont know if you are very conversant with Kano streets at Ebute Metta, we have enough handicapped there that are ready to be christians, the pastors should go there and heal them. We also have them at Railway Crossing at Agege, they need the asistance of pastors.

To your question, the Holy Quran is a mercy and healing for mankind if you can read it and follow what it contains. It tells about things that has happened, things happening presently and things to come.

Hope I have answered you and if you are not satisfied, as said earlier, let me have where i havent explained, then probably, we compare the stories of the prophets in the two Holy Books.
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by pilgrim1(f): 2:05pm On Apr 11, 2007
@babs787,

babs787:

Welcome sister to nairaland. This will be my first post to your threads.

Thanks, and I look forward to good exchanges with you and others.

babs787:

He performed miracles and the Holy Quran is still the greatest of all. If you care, we can start comparing the stories of the prophets in both books.

How many miracles did Muhammad perform? Why then do many Muslims say that Muhammad performed no miracles?

And when you say that 'the Holy Quran is still the greatest of all', are you suggested that the Quran is one of Muhammad's miracles - is the Quran a "miracle" performed by Muhammad?

babs787:

A very good question. Miracles has been happening in Islam too but we Muslims do not carry it about as you have been doing.

Could you please share some of those miracles that have been happening in Islam? And how do you carry yours about in Islam?

babs787:

Muslims do not count miracles as the basis of religion. Mind you, Jesus wasnt the only prophet that performed miracle, others performed too, so his case is not different from the rest.

I certainly did not suggest that Jesus was the only prophet who performed miracles. However, to state that his case is not different from others would mean that you equate Muhammad to Him. How many such miracles attributed to Jesus did Muhammad perform?

Again, if Muslims do not count miracles as the basis of religion, then there's nothing special about the Quran, since you say that 'it is still the greatest of all' the miracles of Muhammad.

babs787:

That reminds of a miracle deceiver in Mushin, a surburb of Lagos State that mounted the stage claiming that he could heal the blind and make the lame walk, but unfortunately, this man couldnt do anything to help the less privileged despite the fact that these handicapped claimed that they believed in Jesus Christ.

Thank you for the story - there are as many charlatans in Islam as well. And if deceivers have failed in their pretentious missions to do miracles in Jesus' Name, it does not negate the authentic miracles the Bible records of Him. If anything, it only proves what you called the man you described - "a miracle deceiver".

However, my post is about the acclaimed miracles in Islam; and I wonder why you quickly tried to introduce a deviation?

babs787:

I don't know if you are very conversant with Kano streets at Ebute Metta, we have enough handicapped there that are ready to be christians, the pastors should go there and heal them. We also have them at Railway Crossing at Agege, they need the asistance of pastors.

This desperate deviation is not helping your answers. I thought you first claimed that "miracles have been happening in Islam" as well? Why have the Imams of Islam not gone to the streets of the northern states in Nigeria (like Kano) to heal the same blind and lame people there?

babs787:

To your question, the Holy Quran is a mercy and healing for mankind if you can read it and follow what it contains. It tells about things that has happened, things happening presently and things to come.

Can you please provide examples of people who have been healed after reading the Quran? I mean, how many people have actually claimed the very thing you have stated - HEALING - from what? How do these 'miraculous' healing compare with the miracles of Jesus?

babs787:

Hope I have answered you and if you are not satisfied, as said earlier, let me have where i havent explained, then probably, we compare the stories of the prophets in the two Holy Books.

So far, you have only managed to tell stories; and my questions are above. The issues in my post are clearly outlined; and if you missed them, here again:

Why has Muhammad's 'greatest miracle' not been able to open the eyes of the blind, the ears of the deaf, or benefitted the needy and helpless in Islam, just as the miracles of Moses and Jesus which delievered and saved people?

In what ways is Islam's 'greatest miracle' healing the sick and helping the needy?

I hope you can address them quite simply and keep the stories for other times. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by alexis(m): 2:35pm On Apr 11, 2007
babs787,

We are waiting to hear from you
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by babs787(m): 3:52pm On Apr 11, 2007
@Pilgrims

Sister, it seems this is not where you are going precisely but will answer your questions anywhere it comes from. It seems you are trying to compare the two prophets huh, lets move on till we gradually get to where we are going.

#Quote
Why has Muhammad's 'greatest miracle' not been able to open the eyes of the blind, the ears of the deaf, or benefitted the needy and helpless in Islam, just as the miracles of Moses and Jesus which delievered and saved people?#

On opening of eyes of the blind, read below:

From ‘Ibn Kathirs The Life of the Prophet Muhammad, Al-sira Al-Nabawiyya, volume 2’ :

HOW THE PROPHET (PBUH) REPLACED QATADA’S EYE:

Al-Bayhaqi stated, in the Dalail (The Signs), “Abu Sad al-Malini informed us quoting Abu Ahmed b. Adi, quoting Abu Yala, quoting Yahya al-Himmant, quoting Abd al-Aziz b. Sulayman b. al-Ghasil, from Asim b. Umar b. Qatada, from his father, from his grandfather Qatada b. al-Numan, that his eye was wounded at Badr and that its pupil came down on his cheekbone. They were about to slice it off, but asked the Messenger of God (SAAS) who said they should not do this. He then said a prayer for him, covering his cheek with his palm. And later you could not tell which of his eyes had been struck!”

In what ways is Islam's 'greatest miracle' healing the sick and helping the needy?

Healing used in the above is spiritual healing and not healing as you may be thinking. Healing here means, healing the disease of ignorance, doubt etc. I will use some verses to explain to you and if I still do not meet up, you may call my attention.

Quran 17 v 82: and we send down of the Quran that which is a healing and a mercy to those who believe (In Islamic Monotheism and act on it) and it increases the polytheists and wrong doers nothing but loss.

Quran 10 v 57; O mankind! There has come to you a good advice from your Lord (i.e the Quran, enjoining all that is good and forbidding all that is evil) and a healing for that (disease of ignorance, doubt, hypocrisy and differences) which is in your hearts – a guidance and a mercy (explaining lawful and unlawful things) for the believers.

Quran 16 v 89: and (remember) the Day when we shall raise up from every nation a witness against them from amongst themselves. And we shall bring you (O Muhammed saw) as a witness against these. And we have sent down to you the Book (the Quran) as an exposition of everything,. A guidance, a mercy, and glad tidings for those who have submitted themselves (to Allah as Muslims)

But if you are talking about the healing of the sick, the needy , we have Supplications you can say to make you get better

So let me have your response and from biblical perspective too.
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by nossycheek(f): 4:05pm On Apr 11, 2007
@babs787

But if you are talking about the healing of the sick, the needy , we have Supplications you can say to make you get better

you have just told us just one of those healings in Quran, go ahead and give us more.

Like pilgrim.1 said, the north has the highest populations of deformed persons (physical and spiritual). You guys can heal them too!

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by batu: 4:52pm On Apr 11, 2007
,,,,,,,,,,,that his eye was wounded at Badr and that its pupil came down on his cheekbone. They were about to slice it off, but asked the Messenger of God (SAAS) who said they should not do this. He then said a prayer for him, covering his cheek with his palm. And later you could not tell which of his eyes had been struck!”

grin grin grin grin grin
@blabs787,
Haba!! Alhaji; softly softly oh!! Is this the sort of 'Quranic miracles' you want to show in support of your false claims. I thought you'll do better.
In the anatomy of the eye, do you know what is called the 'pupil'? That is the "space" or "hole" in the centre of the Iris, through which light rays enter into the eye. So, how can a "space" come down on his cheekbone? Olodo! grin grin
I have attached an annotated diagram of the eye to show you what is called the "pupil"; that your quran is a book of fallasies; only an indolent mind will believe what you wrote. See the picture:

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 11, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

batu:

In the anatomy of the eye, do you know what is called the 'pupil'? That is the "space" or "hole" in the centre of the Iris, through which light rays enter into the eye. So, how can a "space" come down on his cheekbone? Olodo! grin grin
I have attached an annotated diagram of the eye to show you what is called the "pupil"; that your quran is a book of fallasies; only an indolent mind will believe what you wrote.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Oya blabs787 over to you!!! We all knew the quran was a book of lies from the begining!

Surely this must be the greatest "miracle" of all, that a "space" can be seen to come down a cheek bone and can actually be sliced! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by TayoD(m): 5:51pm On Apr 11, 2007
Haba!! Alhaji; softly softly oh!! Is this the sort of 'Quranic miracles' you want to show in support of your false claims. I thought you'll do better.
In the anatomy of the eye, do you know what is called the 'pupil'? That is the "space" or "hole" in the centre of the Iris, through which light rays enter into the eye. So, how can a "space" come down on his cheekbone? Olodo!
I have attached an annotated diagram of the eye to show you what is called the "pupil"; that your quran is a book of fallasies; only an indolent mind will believe what you wrote. See the picture:

Ojigbijigbi grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 11, 2007
babs forgot to alert us also that that "eye miracle" was not recorded in the Koran .
He quoted a false hadith.
(that's what they've referred to hadiths as so far)
Try again my love. grin
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 11, 2007
Mohammeds greatest miracle was under the sheets grin

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by pilgrim1(f): 6:18pm On Apr 11, 2007
@babs787,

While I was looking forward to well-reasoned discussions in this and other threads, you can see the reaction already that has followed your posts. I do hope that we can read a focused response from you, and not the efforts so far of trying to navigate away from the topic.

babs787:

Sister, it seems this is not where you are going precisely but will answer your questions anywhere it comes from. It seems you are trying to compare the two prophets huh, lets move on till we gradually get to where we are going.

On the contrary, my posts are not travelling the road you've been trying to lead them: they're not comparing the prophets (there's a thread already for that). You often like to see them being compared, and yet have not been able to do that convincingly, as in the case between Moses and Muhammad on the prophecy of Deut. 18: 15, 18.

babs787:

On opening of eyes of the blind, read below:

From ‘Ibn Kathirs The Life of the Prophet Muhammad, Al-sira Al-Nabawiyya, volume 2’ :

HOW THE PROPHET (PBUH) REPLACED QATADA’S EYE:

Al-Bayhaqi stated, in the Dalail (The Signs), “Abu Sad al-Malini informed us quoting Abu Ahmed b. Adi, quoting Abu Yala, quoting Yahya al-Himmant, quoting Abd al-Aziz b. Sulayman b. al-Ghasil, from Asim b. Umar b. Qatada, from his father, from his grandfather Qatada b. al-Numan, that his eye was wounded at Badr and that its pupil came down on his cheekbone. They were about to slice it off, but asked the Messenger of God (SAAS) who said they should not do this. He then said a prayer for him, covering his cheek with his palm. And later you could not tell which of his eyes had been struck!”

Now this is really interesting. In the first place, the purported event is a folklore that has been passed from person to person to yet another person unto the last person, etc. 'that his eye was wounded' at Badr. Now note well what Muhammad was said to have done - he said a prayer, and covered the wounded man's cheek (whereas it was his eye that was wounded), which does not follow a coherence at all. You Muslims always use such lines to contruct arguments as to why you can't believe the accounts of the Bible; so what is this relationship between the wounded eyes and the robust cheeks?

Another important factor is that Muslims are not agreed about the authority of sources outside the Quran (such as the hadith). If a question comes up for something in the Quran, Muslims will readily turn to the Hadiths; and if people quote the same Hadith sources about other issues in Muhammad's career, Muslims will then reject the Hadith as of "questionable" source. Therefore, if Muslims are not consistent with their own Islamic sources, we can't take them seriously on any point.

Which brings me to a very important point. It was never reported in one verse of the Quran that Muhammad performed any miracle. Each time the question of miraculous signs came up as a challenge for Muhammad, he was often referring to those performed by other prophets; and not one reference to his own. Please, if there is even one verse in the Quran to buttress Muhammad's miracles, provide it and let us read it in clear print.

babs787:

Healing used in the above is spiritual healing and not healing as you may be thinking. Healing here means, healing the disease of ignorance, doubt etc. I will use some verses to explain to you and if I still do not meet up, you may call my attention.

Your response seems more like an excuse, because Jesus also healed people in a spiritual sense as well as physical (read the events of the blind man in John 9, who was physically healed; and afterwards the Lord Jesus spoke to the religious leaders of their spiritual blindness).

Even if one should play around with semantics, my enquiry was straight to the point as referring to physical healing: the eyes of blind people being restored, the ears of the deaf being opened, and the lame walking - these were evidently physical healings in those miracles performed by Jesus.

Anyone can spiritualize things and claim that the prophet of Islam "healed" the sick, opened the eyes of the blind, made the lame to walk, etc. But my question is, where in the Quran is Muhammad ever said to have performed those MIRACLES? Where did he ever "heal" the sick and opened the eyes of the blind, in the same way that Jesus clearly performed those miracles of PHYSICAL HEALING?

What is even more amazing in your arguement is that, by spiritualizing the issue of healing here, you have unwittingly disqualified Muhammad, since it is obvious that my question was about the open, physical miracles of healing, etc. that Muhammad was purported to have performed. There is no place where that claim of yours can be substantiated, and it is of no use trying to paint a picture of approval for him.

Now regarding the verses of the Quran you gave, first of all I'm going to re-quote your references without the additions of excursus in parenthesis which political translators have dribbled into the Quran; as well as strike through those foreign ideas that are strictly the translators' personal agenda.

babs787:

Quran 17 v 82: and we send down of the Quran that which is a healing and a mercy to those who believe (In Islamic Monotheism and act on it) and it increases the polytheists and wrong doers nothing but loss.

Read simply as:

Quran 17 v 82: [SHAKIR] And We reveal of the Quran that which is a healing and a mercy to the believers, and it adds only to the perdition of the unjust (not polytheists).

Where then is the MIRACLE in this verse such that Muslim believers have been physically healed miraculously?

babs787:

Quran 10 v 57; O mankind! There has come to you a good advice from your Lord ([s]i.e the Quran, enjoining all that is good and forbidding all that is evil[/s]) and a healing for that ([s]disease of ignorance, doubt, hypocrisy and differences[/s]) which is in your hearts – a guidance and a mercy (explaining lawful and unlawful things) for the believers.

Read as:

Quran 10 v 57; [SHAKIR] O men! there has come to you indeed an admonition from your Lord and a healing for what is in the breasts and a guidance and a mercy for the believers.

A 'good advice' or 'admonition' is not a MIRACLE, otherwise everyone who gives a 'good advice' can write their own Quran.

The healing in the context of that verse can also be claimed by philosophers who are known to have used the same sentence construction.

babs787:

Quran 16 v 89: and (remember) the Day when we shall raise up from every nation a witness against them from amongst themselves. And we shall bring you (O Muhammed saw) as a witness against these. And we have sent down to you the Book (the Quran) as an exposition of everything,. A guidance, a mercy, and glad tidings for those who have submitted themselves (to Allah as Muslims)

Read as:

Quran 16 v 89: [SHAKIR] And on the day when We will raise up in every people a witness against them from among themselves, and bring you as a witness against these-- and We have revealed the Book to you explaining clearly everything, and a guidance and mercy and good news for those who submit.

So, where is the MIRACLE in that verse? Men write "expositions", and there are many such in the discipline of classical and literary studies (like those on Shakespeare) which are not "miracles". Same as with guidance and glad tidings, which are not regarded in the same sense as 'miracles'.

Babs787, where are the MIRACLES the Qura'n says Muhammad performed?

babs787:

So let me have your response and from biblical perspective too.

How many of such "supplications" have produced MIRACLES, babs787?

The topic is about MIRACLES in Islam - and that's what this discussion is all about. Did Muhammad perform ANY such miracles of HEALING and DELIVERANCE?

Thanks.
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 11, 2007
Where are all the muslims? Just when we were looking forward to celebrating the "mighty works" of the "last and greatest" prophet! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by olutomiwa(m): 7:55pm On Apr 12, 2007
babyosisi:

Mohammeds greatest miracle was under the sheets grin
ol girl na true you talk,the man like the THING no be small cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by nossycheek(f): 1:47pm On Apr 13, 2007
@babyosis & pilgrim.1

kudos for good analysis. I have told babs787 times without number to go read his Koran and stop reading some anti-Christian literature from where he gets confused and starts quoting the Bible off context.

Mukina2 can help him out!

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by alexis(m): 11:12pm On Apr 14, 2007
the greatest miracle in the koran is the koran itself - you are automatically warranted to die if you touch it - what a miracle.

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by Nobody: 2:57am On Apr 15, 2007
I was at the library today and saw a few Korans on the shelf.
I touched one just to see if there'll be a lightening through the library striking me down but no,the poor book just lay there, as lifeless as can be.

Jesus is Lord.

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by pilgrim1(f): 10:31am On Apr 15, 2007
@babs787, where are the MIRACLES the Quran says Muhammad performed?

Did Muhammad open the eyes of any blind person like those Jesus healed in John 9 or Matt. 9:28-30?

Did Muhammad heal the sick by any miracle like Jesus did in Luke 6:6-10?

If Muhammad actually performed any miracle that authenticates his claim as a prophet, then please quote it here from the Quran so we can read.

Thanks.
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by pilgrim1(f): 12:47pm On Apr 17, 2007
@babs787,

I look forward to your responses here as well. Thanks.
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 17, 2007
pilgrim.1:

@babs787,

I look forward to your responses here as well. Thanks.

Dont waste your time, the slaves of allah are hiding their heads in shame. What an embarrasment allah and mohammed must be to them. grin

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by mrpataki(m): 8:03pm On Apr 17, 2007
Me sef must talk here haba!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I think I have a little speck in my eye at the moment, maybe one of the Alfas or Alhaji or possibly Muhammad the marauding thief and killer can come and heal me!

Alfas in the house I am waiting oh! tongue

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by pilgrim1(f): 8:13pm On Apr 17, 2007
I'm grateful for the responses so far.

However, please brethren, I am not so comfortable with remarks that may be somewhat offensive to our Muslim friends. This is not a question of trying to be "politically correct"; but it cost me a great deal of heart and soul search before I could trust Jesus Christ as my Saviour. When Muslims read remarks that are insulting to their cherished beliefs (even though we may find them perplexing), it becomes all the more difficult for them to desire a reasonable investigation into Islam.

I may be wrong; but I'm begging you all with the love of our Saviour Jesus Christ, that we remember I Cor. 10:32 - "Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God." And I do sincerely hope that our Muslim friends will come to know Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, and that the Bible is God's Word.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by mrpataki(m): 8:20pm On Apr 17, 2007
Sorry Pilgrim,
Please from the scriptures you have just quoted out here, are your muslims the gentiles, jews, and Church of God as stated in the bible?

At times, the best way to pass across the message could answering them according to their folly!

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 17, 2007
pilgrim.1:

I'm grateful for the responses so far.

However, please brethren, I am not so comfortable with remarks that may be somewhat offensive to our Muslim friends. This is not a question of trying to be "politically correct"; but it cost me a great deal of heart and soul search before I could trust Jesus Christ as my Saviour. When Muslims read remarks that are insulting to their cherished beliefs (even though we may find them perplexing), it becomes all the more difficult for them to desire a reasonable investigation into Islam.

I may be wrong; but I'm begging you all with the love of our Saviour Jesus Christ, that we remember I Cor. 10:32 - "Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God." And I do sincerely hope that our Muslim friends will come to know Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, and that the Bible is God's Word.

Thanks.

No wonder allah's slaves find our necks very easy target.

Dont forget the same Jesus Christ whipped the traders in the temple that was not even technically built by his family! He did not go there attempting to beg them out of the house of prayer.

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by pilgrim1(f): 9:08pm On Apr 17, 2007
@mrpataki,

mrpataki:

Sorry Pilgrim,
Please from the scriptures you have just quoted out here, are your muslims the gentiles, jews, and Church of God as stated in the bible?

At times, the best way to pass across the message could answering them according to their folly!

I appreciate your post. Like I said, I may be wrong; but in quoting I Cor. 10:32, I believe the Gentiles are non-Jews; and that would include all other people regardless of their faiths or religion (whether Muslims, Buddhists, Taoists, etc).

I don't agree that the "best way" to pass across "the message" is to answer anyone according to their folly. My persuasion is informed by verses as the following:

#1. "For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another." (Titus 3:3)

#2. "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ" (1 Peter 3:15-16)

Most often, Muslims are over-reactive to issues (I've been there and know this first hand). But it takes a gracious disposition to get anyone to listen to what we've got to say; rather than follow on the lead to be equally over-reactive. May God bless you, brother.

2 Likes

Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by pilgrim1(f): 9:13pm On Apr 17, 2007
@davidylan,

davidylan:

No wonder allah's slaves find our necks very easy target.

Dont forget the same Jesus Christ whipped the traders in the temple that was not even technically built by his family! He did not go there attempting to beg them out of the house of prayer.

I can understand your reaction to my appeal for respect and reason; and it may not make so much sense. However, I wonder what we Christians really gain in going the other way?
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 17, 2007
pilgrim.1:

@davidylan,

I can understand your reaction to my appeal for respect and reason; and it may not make so much sense. However, I wonder what we Christians really gain in going the other way?

Ecclesiastes 3
   1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

There is a time to appeal to reason and respect, there is also a time to refrain from casting your pearls before swine. blabs787 and his ilk are NOT here to "reason and respect" but to cast aspersions on our faith!

Read what Paul had to say on people of their caliber:
1 Timothy 1
20 Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme.
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by pilgrim1(f): 9:29pm On Apr 17, 2007
I understand babs787 doesn't reason with people most times; and you're right that his aim is mainly to castigate our Faith. Good Scriptures you offered; but I believe if we follow their lead and react unreasonably, they would be sitting with guffaws.

Anyway, peace to you and God bless.
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by Pain(m): 5:25pm On Apr 19, 2007
Is Anybody Ready For The Truth?

Can U Swallow The Bitter Pill?

Okay, Here It Is.

ISLAM IS A SHAM. IS-SHAM.

Still In Doubt.? Okay Meditate On This : It Takes Greater Faith To Believe The Tales In That "Book" Than What I Just Told U.

The Way To God Is Not As Complex As These Books Potray. The Book Is The Contraption of A Confused Mind. Thats Why Its Complex.

My God Is Love

Now Tell Me Which One Is Easier To Believe?

Love Or Violence?
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 19, 2007
pilgrim1,you have a wonderful Spirit,I love you with the love of the Lord.
God bless you.
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by olutomiwa(m): 7:07pm On Apr 19, 2007
babyosisi:

I touched one just to see if there'll be a lightening through the library striking me down but no,the poor book just lay there, as lifeless as can be.

Jesus is Lord.
YES OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by 4Play(m): 7:09pm On Apr 19, 2007
babyosisi:

Jesus is Lord.

Are you sure its not affecting you somehow? grin grin You have been misbehaving somehow these days grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Osinbajo Helicopter Crash: Pastor Prize Aluko Prophecy About Plan To Kill VP / [Thread Updated daily] Bible Study/devotionals? Click Here / Valentine: A Day Of Death - Mike Bamiloye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.