Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,824 members, 7,802,630 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable (4212 Views)

Three Golden Eaglets Could Make Eagles Wcup Squad After Impressing In Training / Yakubu,Apam,Kaita,Utaka Brothers Make Eagles 30 Man List - Allnigeriasoccer.com / The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by supereagle(m): 4:54am On Jul 23, 2010
Solomon NWOKE
FORMER Coach of the National U-23 team, Samson Siasia has promised to give Nigeria a formidable Senior National team if given the chance by the nation’s football authority.

Siasia
Siasia who, last weekend, led Heartland FC of Owerri to a 1-1 draw against Al Ahly of Egypt in the CAF Orange Champions League at Dan Anyiam Stadium, said his utmost desire was to handle the Super Eagles. He said his recent contract with the Owerri-based side, would not stop him from linking up with the Eagles if named coach.
“It’s obvious that if I am announced the head coach of the senior national team, I will grab the job with both hands. The Eagles job is what I have been waiting for, there is no doubt about that.
That I am in charge of the Heartland, will not prevent me from taking up the Eagles job if I am called to do so. Eeven the club knows that and that’s why Emeka Ezeugo is here with me. So even if I leave, I don’t think Heartland will have problems
“If I become the Super Eagles coach, I would like to build a formidable team here in Nigeria where the foreign players will come here and compete for their shirts with home team.
It won’t be a situation where a player will feel that coming from Europe will guarantee him an automatic shirt, no.
“If I get the job, I will build a team here that will compete with any team anywhere in the world. I know it will work out well if given the opportunity”, he said.
He added that being Heartland coach would boosts his knowledge of the Nigerian football scene.
“With this job, I would have the opportunity to see Nigerian players in action on a regular basis and that in turn would boost my technical knowledge of these players if I am eventually chosen to be the coach of the Eagles. It’s all going to be a crack team that will be made up of the best legs. It will be a team that can stand the test of time”, he said

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/07/22/siasia-vows-to-make-eagles-formidable/
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by Nobody: 5:58am On Jul 23, 2010
Its easier said than done. . .only time will tell
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by Nobody: 5:59am On Jul 23, 2010
Its easier said than done. . .only time will tell
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by enomakos(m): 12:11pm On Jul 23, 2010
sia1 shall try and help heartland win the champion league first
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by slyDdean(m): 12:14pm On Jul 23, 2010
They should just give the ranting guy a chance. He is enthusiastic, who knws if he will do better. Guess we wont except by trying him
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by dejyx: 12:35pm On Jul 23, 2010
After qualifying the eagles trust NFF Siasa will be dropped for a white skin coach.
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by Onaolamipo: 12:48pm On Jul 23, 2010
siasia is a good coach, no doubt  about that.
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 23, 2010
telling siasia to win the champions league is not a yardstick to measure his performance.
we all know the nigerian league and african champions league is a different ball game compared with national assignment. me think the guy should be given a chance at least, who knows,
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by chelseabmw(m): 1:56pm On Jul 23, 2010
which of the eagles?
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by chelseabmw(m): 2:00pm On Jul 23, 2010
which of the eagles?
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by Redman44(m): 2:08pm On Jul 23, 2010
The coast is clear for Samson Siasia to become the coach of the Super Eagles. Lars Lagerback has decided to call it a day with Nigerian Football. He has told the interim NFF Board that he is not interested in handling the Super Eagles again. Lagerback will be sending in his resignation letter by email in a matter of hours. Siasia should be named as Eagles coach next month. Siasia is still enjoying some popularity despite the setback he suffered in his career last year at the FIFA U-20 World Cup held in Egypt. He needs to win the next African Cup of Nations as Eagles Coach or else he will finally lose the respect and affection Nigerian Football fans have for him. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by houvest: 2:36pm On Jul 23, 2010
There is no killing of an idea whose time has come
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by Johnmos(m): 2:52pm On Jul 23, 2010
This is the right time for this chap to prove his worth. More than a half of soccer loving nigerians have been waiting for this, I think he should be given the opportunity to handle the job of the super eagles. May god help him if he fails to deliver, because the same set of persons that are singing his praise will also call for his head!
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by slyDdean(m): 2:59pm On Jul 23, 2010
Redman44:

The coast is clear for Samson Siasia to become the coach of the Super Eagles. Lars Lagerback has decided to call it a day with Nigerian Football. He has told the interim NFF Board that he is not interested in handling the Super Eagles again. Lagerback will be sending in his resignation letter by email in a matter of hours. Siasia should be named as Eagles coach next month. Siasia is still enjoying some popularity despite the setback he suffered in his career last year at the FIFA U-20 World Cup held in Egypt. He needs to win the next African Cup of Nations as Eagles Coach or else he will finally lose the respect and affection Nigerian Football fans have for him. Cheers.

That's if they dnt start their corrupt practices and giv it to eguavoen
because he can bend to their selfish interest
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by hugooh42(m): 6:07pm On Jul 23, 2010
Why Siasia and the likes of him.I want to know,how many coaching coures have these so ex- internationals turned coaches have attended abroad.Look football has gone beyond the era of making selection based on players who are doing well in their various clubs in Europe coming together to perform magic.I will suggest the likes of Eguavon ,Siasia, Amokachi,should take time out to go out and undergo training courses in coaching abroad and be well armed before taking up this job they are hustling for.
We wont be surprise to hear tomorrow that Kanu Nwankwo, and Yakubu are gunning to be Nigeria national team coach.
I still suggest the likes of Christian Chukwu and Amodu Shuaibu be appointed to coach the national team.
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by mcwaleg(m): 6:18pm On Jul 23, 2010
[b]

Amuni Maigari, president of the NFF (Nigerian Football Federation), has made it clear that Swedish gaffer Lars Lagerback will not continue as head coach of Nigeria's national side. Lagerback had only started the job a matter of weeks ahead of the 2010 World Cup.

"Lagerback told me he could not continue as the coach of the Super Eagles because he feared that he might not be able to pen a four-year deal that would keep him in Nigeria for that long," said Maigari to Soccer Star.

"He thanked the NFF for the opportunity given to him to take the Eagles to the World Cup. He said the experience was worth it and that he would always remember Nigeria and her good people."

Maigari added that the NFF are keen to sign Samson Siasia as Lagerback's replacement.

"We have had talks with Siasia. The talks have been fruitful and all things being equal, he will put pen to paper next month subject to negotiations. Siasia is the coach Nigerians want and we shall give him all the support to succeed in this new job."[/b]
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 23, 2010
@hugooh42- Its obvious that you don't know siasia's history. And that saddens me tongue
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by mamagee3(f): 6:45pm On Jul 23, 2010
Seriously, why don't they give him a chance? undecided

He's clearly better than the swedish, so called coach Lars Lagerback.
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by babaowo: 6:50pm On Jul 23, 2010
well everything is chance in life,may be
he will try his best,who knows
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by asofejo(m): 6:50pm On Jul 23, 2010
hugooh42:

Why Siasia and the likes of him.I want to know,how many coaching coures have these so ex- internationals turned coaches have attended abroad.Look football has gone beyond the era of making selection based on players who are doing well in their various clubs in Europe coming together to perform magic.I will suggest the likes of Eguavon ,Siasia, Amokachi,should take time out to go out and undergo training courses in coaching abroad  and be well armed before taking up this job they are hustling for.
We wont be surprise to hear tomorrow that Kanu Nwankwo, and Yakubu are gunning to be Nigeria national team coach.
I still suggest the likes of Christian Chukwu and Amodu Shuaibu be appointed to coach the national team.
  so u mean we should give a christain chukwu who faield to qualify us for the world cup in 2006 the super eagles job{are u kidding me} angry angryand a amodu who will invite a player like obinna nwaneri and other mediocre and unfit players{injured players included} to a  tournament, no matter the training courses a christain chukwu or amodu take,they will never be better than a siasia or a maradona who has never gone for any training courses, with all due respect,i'll advice you not to make this suggestion in public because a die hard fan can shot u with a gun if he has one, christain chukwu,amodu {u kidding right} after all the years they have been in charge what have they achieved, and who told you that amodu and chukwu have better qualification than siasia, siasia record speaks volume, nff must give the our man the job because he is willing to learn,have passion for the game and his country,hardworking,select players on merit and to crown it all DISCOVER TALENTS which a christain chukwu or amodu will never do in their life, to hell with foreign coaches and other mediocre coaches like amodu,chukwu and co, siasia is the answer, to hell with nff if siasia is not given the super eagles job
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by mamagee3(f): 6:55pm On Jul 23, 2010
[size=25pt]Remove Lars Lagerback and put in Siasia for christ's sake. angry[/size]
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by Okukk(m): 10:14pm On Jul 23, 2010
why the speculation about Siasia what becomes Eguavon fate in the eagles? somebody educate me,
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by Katsumoto: 10:27pm On Jul 23, 2010
If this is true, I may have to rescind my decision not to watch the super fowls again. Siasia will get me all excited again about the Eagles. I just hope he does not call up that stupid Kaita; na dia yawa go gas.
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by txxxed(m): 10:28pm On Jul 23, 2010
@hugooh42- It saddens me that we still have people like you as football fans in this country. Do you watch our football at all?
So to you, Christian Chukwu and Amodu are the coaches who have gone for refresher courses? when Amodu qualified us for the world cup, what kind of football did we play? i know you will say that he didn't lose a match enroute South Africa, truth, but what kind of football?
we managed to score a goal a game, is that football? is that how we played back in 1994 when we went for our maiden world cup?. wake up man
I tot Siasia will be named coach when they brought in Lagerback, no disrespect for the Swede,he is a good coach. Maybe if he was appointed much earlier, even before the nations cup in Angola, he would have had the chance to learn the tricks in the glass house to tweak things. I doubt he would have been given a chance, there are way too many greedy dogs in the NFF.
In case you dn't know, we need a coach who is going to be stubborn,cos that's how you succeed in naija as a coach, a coach who has the green-white-green engraved in his heart. we need someone who has been there, someone who knows how it feels to be at the world cup, someone who knows that every scoring opportunity missed by the Super Eagles in a match is like put a dagger through the hearts of 150 million Nigerians, someone who knows that Nigerians are tired of seeing Aiyegbeni wear a Super Eagles shirt, above all, we need someone who knows his onions.
Those coaches you mentioned can't even differentiate an onion from a garden egg, they think because both are round, then both are the same. Recipe for failure.
I can go on and on, but i will stop here. But let me tell you who we need, we need Sia1.

Read more soccer gist and maybe consider being a contributing blogger at www.gamegist.com
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by estatemark(m): 10:29pm On Jul 23, 2010
;d
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by ice234: 12:27am On Jul 24, 2010
i wish him luck
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by mensdept: 1:57am On Jul 24, 2010
Siasia can and will do better with time and without the usual politics of NFF interference!
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by hugooh42(m): 3:01am On Jul 24, 2010
Ok, i rest my case.But when Siasia or Eguavon is appointed and they fail to win matches these same people who are routing for them will still come here to condemn them.
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by ice234: 7:44am On Jul 24, 2010
we need a better coach dont think sha siasia is ripe for super eagle
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by asofejo(m): 10:00am On Jul 24, 2010
hugooh42:

Ok, i rest my case.But when Siasia or Eguavon is appointed and they fail to win matches these same people who are routing for them will still come here to condemn them.
, i'll advice u now to start praying for the failure of siasia if he is appointed as the head coach, to hell with eguaevon, if u are in charge of the nff,i bet u will do worse than sanni lulu,ogunjobi and co because from your statement and suggestion u know little about world soccer, PLEASE try to UPGRADE
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by ddippset(m): 10:05am On Jul 24, 2010
the man could not even win u-20 and u-23, even with over aged players. age tournaments are different ball games from senior grades. the man shall meet his water loo. soon we all would be calling for his sack. watch and see.
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by asofejo(m): 10:15am On Jul 24, 2010
ice234:

we need a better coach dont think sha siasia is ripe for super eagle
name your BETTER COACHES, hope you are not one of the people advocating for mediocre foreign coaches that are not even better than AMODU,LADAN BOSSO or CHRISTAIN CHUKWU, siasia is the best option for now because we cant get a guss hiddink,sir alex,mourinho to coach nigeria, what u mean by RIPE is pep guadiorla RIPE before he won treble with a big club like barcelona

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arsenal Sack Mikel Arteta / Amodu Or Siasia? / Pictures You Can Relaate To If You Play Virtuals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.