Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1238337 members, 1650609 topics. Date: Wednesday, 23 April 2014 at 11:18 PM

How To Connect To A Cisco Router Using Windows 7 And Vista. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Tech / Computers / How To Connect To A Cisco Router Using Windows 7 And Vista. (16255 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Major Differences Between Windows 7 And Windows 8 / Sim Card Slot On My Laptop, How Do I Use It To Connect To The Internet (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Connect To A Cisco Router Using Windows 7 And Vista. by vincey(m): 4:39pm On Jul 23, 2010
Hi gurus in the house, plss help me out here.

I am finding it dificult logging into my CISCO ROUTER using windows vista and windows7, what do I do?

Where can I find communication --->> hyper terminal --->> and so on.

I know its easy with windows XP, but vista and 7 is a proble.

Thanks so much.
Re: How To Connect To A Cisco Router Using Windows 7 And Vista. by afrobaby(f): 4:52pm On Jul 23, 2010
To access ur router using vista, u will need to telnet into the router. Note, u can only telnet into the router if uve already set a password for the vty.
To telnet, go to ur command prompt, and type telnet ip address, if u dont know the ip address, first type ipconfig, it will give you the router ip address which is ur default gateway, once u have this, telnet ip address e.g telnet 192.168.0.1 and it will prompt u for the pasword
Done
I dont know of window 7 cos av not used it before
Re: How To Connect To A Cisco Router Using Windows 7 And Vista. by Spyker: 5:05pm On Jul 23, 2010
Just google it. I know of Securecrt.
Re: How To Connect To A Cisco Router Using Windows 7 And Vista. by lovelybobo: 9:38pm On Jul 24, 2010
download teraterm or putty. please google for it and its free.
there is no hyperterminal on vista or window 7 by default.
Re: How To Connect To A Cisco Router Using Windows 7 And Vista. by vincey(m): 9:57am On Jul 26, 2010
Just google it. I know of Securecrt.

Thanks to you all, I appreciate all your support, I googled it and i finally have a solution.

Now, i can access my CISCO and CONAX servers directly using the consol cable.

Once again 10nx for your support.
Re: How To Connect To A Cisco Router Using Windows 7 And Vista. by skbello: 8:15pm On Sep 20, 2010
hello nairaland, plz i need someone to help me with practical in networking, how to configure router. everything about networking plzzzzzzzzzz
Re: How To Connect To A Cisco Router Using Windows 7 And Vista. by realvenc: 1:08pm On Nov 03, 2011
We have a Networking Project in PH and we need a professional who can network and configure these devices in an Office

WS-C2960-24TC-L Catalyst 2960 24 10/100 + 2T/SFP LAN Base Image 1

CISCO2911/K9 Cisco 2911 w/3 GE,4 EHWIC,2 DSP,1 SM,256MB CF,512MB DRAM,IPB 1

SF 100D-08 Cisco Small Business 8-Port 10/100 Desktop Switch with Qos 1

An ISP Radio Equipment

22 work station Points

One central Printer

Pls can some1 confirm if the three cisco devices are compatible on a network

Pls if you are interested reach me ASAP 08067813695

(0) (Reply)

Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference / Mtn Hynet--- / 9-yr-old Boy Is Nigeria’s Youngest Microsoft Certified Professional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.