Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,194 members, 7,780,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:35 PM

Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race (6741 Views)

Certificate Saga: Withdraw From Presidential Race, PDP Tells Buhari / Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates / Rivers: Why We Refused PDP Use Of Stadium For Presidential Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by paddyboi: 3:21am On Jul 24, 2010
[size=14pt]IBB seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract

, For Presidential Race

, SGF, Defence Minister, Chief of Army Staff, linked
[/size]

Former Military President, Ibrahim Babangida, who is making another bid for the presidency, is seeking a whooping N500 Billion defence contract to bolster his financial fortunes ahead of the 2011 Presidential elections, Pointblanknews.com can report authoritatively

IBB, as he popularly referred to, is being ably assisted in securing the lucrative deal by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr. Yayale Ahmed and Minister for Defence, Adetokunboh Kayode.

According to documents exclusively obtained by Pointblanknews.com, the former Military ruler and Yayale, according to highly placed defence sources are major defence contractors in the country. They are the only suppliers of Military hardware to the Ministry of Defence. Yayale was a former Defence Minister under President Olusegun Obasanjo.

With the ownership of Suncraft and Doyatechcom Companies, they are working in consonance with the Minister of Defence, Adetokunbo Kayode, Chief of Army Staff, Leutenant General Abdulrahman Danbazau.

Doyatechcom is a conglomerate of seven or eight companies. Yayale heads it and his point man, Amitsade, has dual nationality-German and Israeli while Suncraft belongs to former President Ibrahim Babangida whose point man is Sami Haider. The set up is akin to Doyatechcom.

[size=14pt][b]They are currently seeking a N500 Billion defence contract for the procurement of military hardware for the Nigerian Army and Nigerian Navy

Having served as Defence Minister under President Olusegun Obasanjo, Yayale, has allegedly vowed to work against President Goodluck Jonathan for his refusal to nominate him as Vice President and indeed work for former military ruler, Ibrahim Babangida.

He is working on this deal in concert with the Minister of Defence, Adetokunbo Kayode, Chief of Army Staff, General Abdulrahman Danbazau, Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral I.I. Ibrahim.

The two defence chiefs allegedly met in a secret location in Nigeria with the former military ruler, where they were called upon to assist the former junta leader in his presidential bid by awarding contracts to Suncraft and including part of it in the 2010 budget as well as the Supplementary budget. They were also asked to expedite action on the matter as time was running out and promised future roles in an IBB presidency.[/b][/size]

They were also reminded of the former military leader's contribution to their career progression in the military

In line with the arrangement, the Chief of Army Staff, Abdulrahman Danbazau, had in a letter dated June 30, 2010 addressed to the Minister of Defence, Adetokunbo Kayode, requested funds for the purchase of “Nigerian Army Urgent Requirements”.

The letter signed by Major General A. A. Atofarati, on behalf of the Chief of Army Staff, sought the release of the sum of N220,892,453,475.55 for the purchase of 19 items including

"Ammunition of Various Types" valued at N16,440,262,200.00; Arms (GPMG and BMG) at the cost of N8,680,000,000.00.

Other items include armored personnel carriers (COBRA) at the cost of N97,379,970,625.00; Armored Fighting Vehicles (AFV) at the cost of N6,665,000,000.00 among others.

In a similar letter written to the minister by the Chief of Naval Staff, I.I. Ibrahim on May 17, 2010, entitled “Immediate Requirements for Enhanced Operational Efficiency of the Nigerian Navy” the Naval boss sought the purchase of military hardware which value was put at 442 million Euros.

The items include 2x85 meter offshore patrol vessels at 90 million Euros each. Both vessels are currently available in Turkey and Portugal.

The other items include 1x light frigate at 65 million Euros. The frigate is currently available in Spain. The naval chief is also seeking 76 million Euros for the purchase of 2x 38 meter fast patrol votes at 38 million Euros each among other items.

http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os3690.html
Re: Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by Nobody: 3:23am On Jul 24, 2010
lmao!!!
Re: Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by paddyboi: 3:24am On Jul 24, 2010

Re: Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by paddyboi: 3:28am On Jul 24, 2010
Otio. . . This is serious. . .Undoubtedly Nigeria needs the arms,but Jonathan must take charge and make sure not 1kobo of this contract is awarded to IBB

And what is the likes of Dambazzau still doing in the Niigerian Army. .
The guy should be retired immediately like OBAMA dealt with Mcchrystal

How i miss OBJ sometimes . .that guy does not take any nonsense

Uncle JOE i beg u , .retire that nicompup dambazzau and his ilk
and drop kayode and Yahale ahmed

where is BEAF come and defend your man,cause i don tire for this nonsense oh , .
Re: Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by paddyboi: 3:52am On Jul 24, 2010
[size=14pt]2011 poll order: How Jonathan, senators struck deal[/size]
Font size: By Yusuf Alli 24/07/2010 02:45:00

Fresh facts emerged yesterday that a last minute deft political move by President Goodluck Jonathan and his loyalists led to the adjustment of the order of elections by the Senate.

The Senate on Thursday decided that the 2011 poll should hold in this order: National Assembly, Presidential, Governorship and State Assembly.

But for the serious lobby embarked upon by the President, the Senate would have passed the recommendation of the Senator Isiaka Adeleke-led committee on the order of elections.

The amendment hitherto proposed to Section 26 by the Committee on INEC is as follows: "Elections into the offices of the President and Vice-President, Governor and Deputy Governor of a state, and membership of the Senate, House of Representatives and House of Assembly of each state of the federation shall be held in the following order:

•Senate and House of Representatives

•State House of Assembly and Governorship elections;

•Presidential Election.

The proposal jolted the President’s camp which saw it as a move to technically frustrate the president’s bid to return.

It was gathered that the controversial proposal also caused a row between pro and anti - Jonathan forces in the Senate.

According to findings, the Adeleke committee’s recommendation forced the president and his associates to embark on intense horse-trading on Wednesday night.

[size=14pt]It was also learnt that the lobby by the president and his associates was informed by security reports indicating that some influential politicians had infiltrated the Senate to allow the Presidential Election come last in 2011.

The permutation of the anti-Jonathan forces was that once the other strands of elections are concluded before the Presidential poll, anti-Jonathan forces, particularly in the North, could mobilise against the president.

A top source said: "The order of the elections ratified on Thursday by the Senate was a product of an all-night lobbying.
[/size]
"The South-South senators had to woo their colleagues from the North in Hearing Room 1 to allow the Presidential and National Assembly elections come first.

‘Some radical senators, who are loyal to the President, also mounted vigorous campaign to reverse the recommendation of the Adeleke committee.

"It got to a stage that the President met with the leadership of the Senate on Wednesday night.

"As part of the bargain, the two parties agreed at the Villa that National Assembly members who have performed well would be returned in 2011. The leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party would determine the fate of its members."

The source said Northern senators, who are 58 and with a slim majority to scuttle the President’s desire, were assured that they would not ‘regret’ their support for the latest poll order.

"Based on these commitments, we decided to readjust the poll order as proposed by the Senate Committee on INEC," he said.

Responding to a question, the source admitted that "the new poll order is also designed to get at most state governors.

"Senators needed to stamp their authority and put a stop to the distrust from most of the governors.

"Rather than calling the shots, the governors too now need the support of the president, senators and others alike. It will make the 2011 power negotiation interesting and mutually coordinated."

[size=14pt]At press time, there was a sigh of relief in Jonathan’s camp.

A source from the camp said: "Poll order is the first plot we have survived as part of the countdown to the 2011 general elections.

"We are happy because we suspected mischief concerning the initial recommendation of putting the presidential election last. This new order will enable us to plan well ahead."
[/size]
Asked of the likelihood of a bandwagon effect, the source added: "Since the President is committed to a free and fair poll, we do not think of any bandwagon effect."

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/6937.html
Re: Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by paddyboi: 3:53am On Jul 24, 2010
ok this is now a game of chess. . . .Jonathan should win,but he has to watch these snakes all around him. . . cool
Re: Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by GAR3TH(m): 4:15am On Jul 24, 2010
Na I think Donald Duke will win easily lol. . .what wiff the new look?
Re: Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by Becomrich0: 4:25am On Jul 24, 2010
All this weapon they make in canada and the USA, I have the connection for them to supply this cheap directly to you. no need for middle man.
You see why you need to make me president.  I have a friend who works for america largest supplier to iraq and another company in canada produce military supply.  My connection is cheaper. nigeriamail@hotmail.com
Re: Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by TewMuch: 6:26am On Jul 24, 2010
A time will come when all this looters will be jailed and stripped of their loot.Instead of him to be hiding in a hole.Him and OBJ are flaunting themselves like peacocks.There is a time for everything and soon the madness will come to an end.The contract awarders and the receivers will be caught in the same net.Every day for the thief.I hope they live long enough to see their downfall and Nigeria prosper.If IBB gets this,Jonathan should 4get it.Why defence contract btw? Is he trying to finance and arm his campaign? Something funny is going on.IBB is not a stable person
Re: Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by jamace(m): 8:17am On Jul 24, 2010
I am beggining to fear for Uncle Joe at the way he is handling issues of disloyalty to him by his lieutenants. In power game, you don't keep those who are not loyal close to your chest. Fire them or they will stab you at the back. Uncle Joe, don't be naiive.

Lt Gen Danbazzau has outlived his usefullness. His disloyalty started right from when Yar'adua was sick. His role then is well known to all. That was enough for him to have been fired. Moreover, Danbazzau has clocked 37 years in military service, which means he is in service contrary to the civil service regulation of 35 years.
Re: Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by oderemo(m): 8:28am On Jul 24, 2010
ITS 8.31. am london time
reading this alone tire me,
make i go ply football with my son come back.
Re: Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by jamace(m): 9:01am On Jul 24, 2010
In addition to my ealier contribution. President Jonathan should note that any contract given to IBB will not be executed. It will be another failed contract.
Re: Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by Aderupoko2: 12:29pm On Jul 24, 2010
Hmmm,Nigeria is a big contract!
Re: Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by xterra2(m): 12:33pm On Jul 24, 2010
[size=14pt]This journalist is mad! Yayale was NEVER minister of defence under Obasanjo he was the Head of civil service (HOS) as they abbreviate it up till 2007 and he was minister of defence under yaradua up till 2008 when he was made SGF and shettima mustafa minister of defence whi was replaced with Godwin Abbe and then now,Kayode [/size]
Nigeria needs those weapons but i believe it Wont spend N500 billion and thy should be procured directly from the manufactures
Re: Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by Becomrich0: 12:45pm On Jul 24, 2010
what has kayode done, IBB can apply for contract. You can apply. he is a nigerian, anyone can. It does not mean you would get it.
The fact it, the price are high. And I can connect them direct maker here.
Re: Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 24, 2010
Is IBB going broke ?
Re: Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by MSRA(m): 12:55pm On Jul 24, 2010
paddyboi:

Otio. . . This is serious. . .Undoubtedly Nigeria needs the arms,

In a country thats teetering on failure, we need more arms like the plague, especially not with our reckless, trigger-happy, undisciplined millitary men. What for anyway? Are we at war? If at all we are, we are at war with ourselves. In which case, the police and not the millitary need to be re-armed; not that I recommend that either except we are ready to overhaul the police force extensively.

If we had the right kind of leaders (leaders in the mould of Awo), we could easily revitalise our ailing educational sector, from the Primary to the Tertiary, with that kind of capital expenditure (3.5 Billion US Dollars, for crying out loud). But the bane of the country is its leadership and i daresay we are not in danger of seeing that kind of money ACTUALLY spent on the education sector (maybe on paper, yes).

President Goodluck Jonathan isn't naive and wont shoot himself in the foot by awarding such a huge contract to IBB, his arch-opposition. And if he does, hopefully , IBB will only top-up his loot and not execute the contract, like Jamace said; which IMO is better than giving guns to the millitary only for them to turn it on the civillian populace.
Re: Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by Acidosis(m): 12:57pm On Jul 24, 2010
Aderupoko2:

Hmmm,Nigeria is a big contract!
Re: Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by Bounce714: 1:08pm On Jul 24, 2010
My Main Man IBB

That's one Dude that knows how to get what he wants

Cant vote for him sha!! but i go like work am make i chop im Money
Re: Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by gigabytes: 1:13pm On Jul 24, 2010
Hello Nairalanders:
We can help Nigeria to win this battle from IBB cabal who want to reap from where he did not sow. He ate his seed as bread in 1993 and cannot be part of the system he condemened (democracy) No to IBB we can win the battle by posting on Forums around the world copying from Pointblank.

Long Live Nigeira. Peace and Democracy.
Re: Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by paddyboi: 1:41pm On Jul 24, 2010
Thanks Nairaland for posting this on the front page IBB must be stopped. . . .Period
Re: Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by andyanders: 1:53pm On Jul 24, 2010
All these men are rogues. ‘nothing go happen’. They recycle themselves and steal money. President Jonathan, cannot confront IBB. Who give him liver?

Anything all these rogues need, they can get. Jonathan is soft. Why not confront Demeji Bankole. If IBB wants, let him go to Rivers and put pipe and to suck the whole crude oil and sell, President Jonathan cannot confront him.

The day President Jonathan confronts, IBB, OBJ and David Mark or Bankole, I will dust my cap for him.
What kind of contract can IBB do for Nigeria again? Who will be eating the money he is gathering at his age? Now tell me.
His grand children? haba
Re: Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by Nenum(m): 1:57pm On Jul 24, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Is IBB going broke ?

Well if you add up the price of crude between 1985-1993 and also all the budget throughout his military junta.

You would find out how the value of his huge stolen wealth in the 80's would be compare to only one budgetary figure of these millennium plus smart "policy investment" by most present day politicians.

hope that answers your question.
Re: Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by sley4life(m): 2:21pm On Jul 24, 2010
then he should be in forbes list
Re: Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by seanet02: 2:29pm On Jul 24, 2010
this man cum evil called ibb must be stopped from this evil course he wants to understake. he has always been a disaster in this country. we need to stop him n500 billion naira to rig this election. this military chiefs must be removed or else nigeria will boil
Re: Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by stkris(m): 3:51pm On Jul 24, 2010
send ibb on exile!!!
Re: Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by bisiaet: 4:08pm On Jul 24, 2010
This is amazing. In the first place I think Dambazzu has cross the limit now if truely this thread is real he must be retire with immediate effect. As per Yayale from the onset of his appointment as Federation secretary I did not trust this man a bit and for the current defense minister it will too shameful if truely he is involve in this kind of stuffs. The Mr IBB I definately know that this man has a problem I mean real problem his case is just like an adage that say it's a sturbborn flies that go to the grave with the dead body.

I pray that IBB will not ends up bite or bargain for what he can not pay for because when a man refuse to be please and satisfy with all he has gotten then he must surely get himself in trouble. I think that prison yard that has be eluding him for so long it is getting ripe now for him to sleep there soon.
Re: Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by johndavid1(m): 4:17pm On Jul 24, 2010
GAR3TH:

Na I think Donald Duke will win easily lol. . .what wiff the new look?
undecided undecided undecided grin grin grin grin
Re: Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by goggs(m): 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2010
funny enough no one is asking the right questions. How much is Nigeria's 2010 budget that N500 billion will be used for just defense? Common guys. I doubt the story, The linking of this story to IBB, Yayale and co is really watery.

See what the Navy is asking for close to $300 million dollars worth of acquisition, What of the airforce, navy nko. That kind of expenditure on the military will surely be featured in the news (e,g jane defence weekly) and questions will be asked by multi lateral institutions about the propriety or otherwise of such an expenditure when power, roads and others are in shambles. The Navy may have asked but I doubt if any sane government will to such an expenditure given Nigeria's present position.

http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/Bill2010.pdf
Re: Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by IFELEKE(m): 4:55pm On Jul 24, 2010
good riddance . . .
Re: Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by frankcj(m): 5:11pm On Jul 24, 2010
God is watching the evil that  men do leave after them. Nigerian's citizen are poverty stricken and lot's dying of hard ship. Yet N500billion contract about to be a ward to IBB to proccure amunitions. What bother me so much Jonathan the president had promise immediate restore of electricity in country but recently he quote' there is no way he could perform miracle'   what a shame. The social welfare of the citizen never being in their agender, i come to reason  why the existence of government is all about  looting  treasurer among themselves and cabals nigeria. Jonathan, wake up stop sleeping you're defence is about to play fash one on you .               Literary, i observe jonathan, is a good leader but very weak and that is his down fall. I can see his defence already ploted his down fall yet he can't understand the right on the wall.  Isn't it? high time Lt  Gen danbazzau, and others  in defence get fire or retire imminient. Watch you back jonathan, i guess this dudes in defence had already cut deal with Ibb. The way the political trend is revolving Ibb is the next president trust.
Re: Ibb Seeks N500 Billion Defence Contract For Presidential Race by frankcj(m): 5:34pm On Jul 24, 2010
president Goodluck jonathan, can't read the written on the wall. IBB is master strategy, beside,  Jonathan, is weak so IBB have explore his weakness.                                                                     Wise man never let his opponent to view his weakness.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ojukwu On Life Support And In Critical Condition / President Of Nigeria Salary: How Much Does The President Collect? / It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.