Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,092 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

A Call For Reward: Save A Brother With Liver Cancer - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Call For Reward: Save A Brother With Liver Cancer (1110 Views)

Sadaqah(charity): A Voluntary Act With Immense Spiritual Reward / Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 / What Will Women's Reward Be In Jannah When Men Are Blessed With Heavenly Maidens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Call For Reward: Save A Brother With Liver Cancer by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 24, 2010
I got this heart-rending message from a friend on facebook: Pls your own contribution too, no matter how small will be appreciated:

Dear all,

Apologies for this rather urgent and emotional call, it’s a call to save the live of one of our own Brothers, !!! Mr Uthman Mogaji.

“Uthman Mogaji” an indigene of Offa whose family house is in “Popo-Igi n’sogba Area and Mogaji Lane off Adeleke Road Offa” is a well-known personality especially amongst Offa Students and other muslim students who had attended University of Ilorin in Kwara State, Nigeria . While at the University, He has held several administrative positions in the Muslim Students’ Society of Nigeria (MSSN) at the institution, area council, central branch and state levels. He is presently one of the state excos of kwara State area unit of MSSN.

Today, He has been diagnosed with cancer of the liver (hepatoma). Uthman Mogaji has been in discomfort for some weeks now until medical diagnosis finally revealed that he has hepatoma. His doctors have advised him to seek treatment abroad and this has to be urgent. As we speak, Uthman is in serious pain and has been advised to have bed rest.

We are hereby calling on all kind-hearted individuals among Offa indigenes and our friends to assist our brother in raising this sum. All donations should be paid into the account of Oasis Muslim Care Fund (OMCF):

OASIS MUSLIM CARE FUND – Ref: UTHMAN MOGAJI

Account Number: 0167118000000276

INTERCONTINENTAL BANK Plc,

IBRAHIM TAIWO ROAD BRANCH, ILORIN, KWARA STATE,

NIGERIA.

Please note that this case is very urgent as the condition can only be rectified if attended to on time. His phone number is 08055981622 incase you wish to contact him or his wife directly. May Almighty God reward you as you assist your brother.

DETAIL COSTS OF TREATMENT – By the Hospital Drressed to OASIS FUND

Dear Oasis,
Greetings from Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi, India.

Thanks for your interest in our services. Before finalizing the treatment plan, the patient will require detailed clinical evaluation at Apollo Hospital, New Delhi.

COST OF TREATMENT
Stage 1

Clinical evaluation and investigations
The cost will be approx. US $ 1500 with 2 days hospital stay in a twin sharing room.

Stage 2
Surgery
The cost will be approx. US $ 8500 with 6 days hospital stay in a twin sharing room.

Stage 3
Further treatment (post surgery) will depend upon the histopathology report and cost/duration of stay will be extra. During the hospital stay (except ICU stay) 1 companion can stay complimentary with the patient. During the post discharge, the patient/family will have to stay in a hotel/guest houses near the hospital. There are many reasonably priced hotels/guest houses and we will assist you to find out a suitable one as per your budget.

In case you need any assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,

Rekha Nair
Executive- International Marketing
Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals
Sarita Vihar, Delhi Mathura Road
New Delhi 110 076. INDIA

Estimated Expenses in Naira

1. international passport for 2 –N30,000
2. visa for 2- N24,000
3. ticket- N300,000
4. treatment + stay in the hospital- N1,620,000
5. contingencies- N95,000

TOTAL: N2,069,000. (Naira)

You can also contact;
Oasis Muslim Care Fund (OMCF)
www.oasismuslimcare.org
+2348035818938, +2348034189992

Let us save one of our own for God’s sake, no matter what you can afford.

Every little helps.

Regards
Kazeem Omokanye
London
UK
Re: A Call For Reward: Save A Brother With Liver Cancer by Tudor6(f): 12:44pm On Jul 24, 2010
And how are we sure this is no scam?
Re: A Call For Reward: Save A Brother With Liver Cancer by taofika: 9:43am On Aug 05, 2010
Not a scam. The money's been raised, the brother treated and he's recuperating in Nigeria. Check the link http://www.oasismuslimcare.org/index.php/news/60-latest-update-on-uthman-mogaji . His pictures would be posted soon!
Re: A Call For Reward: Save A Brother With Liver Cancer by Aishabee(f): 10:15am On Aug 09, 2010
Alihamdulilahi for the lastest news, Our former Amir still called me about his issue and i did forward the mails to my friends and a contact dat i knw can help even though i cant really place his face again but our former Amir says he is sum1 i knw very well so im all eager to see his picture too.

it isn't a scam at all, im hapi that he eventually got the help he needed.
Re: A Call For Reward: Save A Brother With Liver Cancer by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 09, 2010
Eager to see the face too. Having my childhood years in Offa too, I may know him. The name even sounds familiar.
Re: A Call For Reward: Save A Brother With Liver Cancer by Aishabee(f): 8:56am On Aug 16, 2010
Salam brodas and sistas, its so unfortunate that we lost this brother on saturday as contained in a text message from my former amir yestr,

Also two sisters from MICA abuja lost their lives in a head on collusion at airport road abuja,

May Allah forgive their sins and grant them al-jannah firdaus and for those of us remaining may Allah gives us the grace to continue our good deeds and drop the bad ones and also spare our lives,

Yestr was filled with bad news and i just feel so numb,
Re: A Call For Reward: Save A Brother With Liver Cancer by chakula: 10:40am On Aug 16, 2010
May Allah s.w.t.  forgive their Sins and Grant them Jannatul Firdaus Ameen.
Re: A Call For Reward: Save A Brother With Liver Cancer by zayhal(f): 1:41pm On Aug 17, 2010
Aishabee:

Salam brodas and sistas, its so unfortunate that we lost this brother on saturday as contained in a text message from my former amir yestr,

Also two sisters from MICA abuja lost their lives in a head on collusion at airport road abuja,

May Allah forgive their sins and grant them al-jannah firdaus and for those of us remaining may Allah gives us the grace to continue our good deeds and drop the bad ones and also spare our lives,

Yestr was filled with bad news and i just feel so numb,

Inna lilahi wa inna ilayhi raaji'un.

It's painful the brother eventually died but Allah knows best.
Re: A Call For Reward: Save A Brother With Liver Cancer by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 20, 2010
There are reckless drivers in abuja sha. Becos the roads are wide&always free, drivers over speed.
Last friday, i was rushing from the CBN hq in the central area to the airport to catch a virgin Nigeria plane to Lagos. It was God that save my life cos the cab driver was over speeding in a bid for me to get to the airport intime.Imagine, i eventually missed the flight. I pray that shd grant peace to the departeds souls&protect us that are alive from evil

(1) (Reply)

muslimah / Is Seun An Islamphobe? / Dating Zone For Muslim Singles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.