Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,417 members, 7,808,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Sex-for-grade Scandal In Ambrose Ali University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sex-for-grade Scandal In Ambrose Ali University (7704 Views)

Ambrose Ali University Hikes Freshers Fees by 200% / PHOTOS: See What They Did To An Ambrose Ali University Graduate / 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex-for-grade Scandal In Ambrose Ali University by oladayo042: 7:18pm On Jul 24, 2010
Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State has ordered the authorities of Ambrose Ali University, Ekpoma, to investigate the allegation of sexual harassment against P.O. Otubu, a lecturer in the electrical/electronic department of the state-owned university.
The governor’s order followed a video posted on Saharareporters yesterday, which revealed the disgrace faced by Otubu after one Judith Okosun, a 400-level student of mechanical engineering, who he allegedly pestered for sex, set him up.

The video was recorded when Judith reportedly found out that Engineer Otubu had failed her in a course after she forcefully had sex with her. The lecturer later claimed to Judith that he forgot her matriculation number promising to give her a better grade after another opportunity. An enraged Judith then engaged her friends to videotape an encounter with the lecturer, after she reportedly tried in vain to get the university to intervene on her behalf.

Engineer Otubu, a lecturer of Electrical/Electronics teaches a faculty-wide course in the faculty of engineering and technology .

Spokesman for the university, Chris Adama-Igbo, told Saharareporters that following the governor’s order, the registrar of the university had issued queries to both Mr. Otubu and Ms. Okosun.

They have up till Monday, July 26, to respond to the queries, after which they face a panel to be constituted soon by the university.

Mr. Adama-Igbo said until the office of the governor drew the university’s attention to the publication, the institution was not aware of the matter.

He explained that the university does not condone such sharp practices but that students hardly come forward to report lecturers who mistreat them or known to indulge in unethical conducts.

“There is a safeguard against such malpractices. But at times, students fear that they will be stigmatized,” Mr. Adama-Igbo said. “They also fear reprisals from other lecturers, that others might fail them. So they keep their experiences to themselves.”

He disclosed that three years ago, a lecturer who was found guilty of sexual harassment in Ms. Okosun’s mechanical engineering department was dismissed from the university.

http://www.saharareporters.com/real-news/sr-headlines/6630-edo-governor-orders-probe-of-ambrose-alli-varsitys-sex-for-grade-scandal.html
Re: Sex-for-grade Scandal In Ambrose Ali University by oladayo042: 7:53pm On Jul 24, 2010
Here is a Video link:
http://www.saharareporters.com/real-news/sr-headlines/6624-video-sexual-harassment-victimized-student-fights-back.html

The action of the Governor is commendable and this will serve as a deterrent to other lecturers all over the country.

Reading this story reminds me of the phrase: Some lecturers are wise, some are otherwise.
Re: Sex-for-grade Scandal In Ambrose Ali University by GEW: 8:01pm On Jul 24, 2010
so what happens to the girl and the other girls  in nigeria who willingly use their bottom power to get recharge cards not to talk of employment in  nigeria.

so what happened to the cheque?

nigeria is fast becoming a lawless criminal state what a shame
Re: Sex-for-grade Scandal In Ambrose Ali University by Omolulu(m): 8:02pm On Jul 24, 2010
No difference between lecturer and student, bloody criminals
Re: Sex-for-grade Scandal In Ambrose Ali University by GEW: 8:08pm On Jul 24, 2010
Omolulu:

No difference between lecturer and student, bloody criminals

seconded. if she had been awarded the marks she used her toto to get no one will be hear this non sence. it is a shame.

i have said it before nigeria is one massive brothel

go to any higher institution/ university town in nigeria and you will know what i am talking about
Re: Sex-for-grade Scandal In Ambrose Ali University by oladayo042: 9:44pm On Jul 24, 2010
GEW:

i have said it before nigeria is one massive brothel
Gbam!
Re: Sex-for-grade Scandal In Ambrose Ali University by Cmeo(m): 8:35am On Jul 26, 2010
Please anyone that has the video should please upload it. , i want to see the useless and disgraceful prof manlies
Re: Sex-for-grade Scandal In Ambrose Ali University by toluxa1(m): 11:59am On Jul 26, 2010
please I need that video. It's nowhere to be found. I checked youtube, it has been removed. Even on saharareporters, not found.
Re: Sex-for-grade Scandal In Ambrose Ali University by hectorswag(m): 3:28pm On Jul 26, 2010
shit happenz
Re: Sex-for-grade Scandal In Ambrose Ali University by Jibson999(m): 6:17pm On Jul 26, 2010
its only in naija u watch this kind of movies
Re: Sex-for-grade Scandal In Ambrose Ali University by Golders: 12:32am On Jul 27, 2010
toluxa1:

please I need that video. It's nowhere to be found. I checked youtube, it has been removed. Even on saharareporters, not found.

GET THE VIDEO LINK HERE ON WWW. NAIRA SOURCE . COM (Re: Nigerian University Engineering lecturer caught Having sex with students(video) by chelsea4life (Education))

(1) (Reply)

Neco 2013/2014 Exam Result / Neco 2007 Nov / Dec Result Is Out / SEPLAT UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP RESULTS. SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE PLEASE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.