Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,481 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 (10710 Views)

Photos: Checkout The Top 10 Heaviest And Fattest People Ever Lived. / Meet Britain Fattest Woman Rescued With 2 Cranes,7 Police Vehicles / 'diet Or Die,' World’s Fattest Woman! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by MissyB1(m): 10:28pm On Jul 26, 2010

With her husband.

A MUM revealed in The Sun to be Britain's fattest woman at 45st has died after secretly GORGING in hospital.

Sharon Mevsimler, 40, was on a strict diet in Chelmsford, Essex, but had family buckets of chicken and fish and chips smuggled in.

She died of a heart attack nine days after we told of the five-footer's grub addiction.

Sharon begged her family to sneak take-aways into the hospital where she was on a strict diet and horrified witnesses saw relatives smuggling fast food to the gorging mum of four.

And she was so huge that a trolley COLLAPSED as she was wheeled to the mortuary.

Last night an NHS source told The Sun less than two weeks after we revealed how Sharon was the UK's most overweight woman: "She simply would not stop eating.

"She obviously had a serious underlying problem with food, but did nothing to help herself.

"Those who came to visit her in hospital did her no favours.

Appetite
"We saw them bringing in various fatty foods like fish and chips and huge portions of fried chicken when she should not have been eating these things.

"It was infuriating to see her literally eating herself to death."

Earlier this month The Sun told how devoted husband Bulent had been forced to give up his job to care for Sharon.
Before she was taken to hospital she had spent four years too fat to get out of bed in Chelmsford, Essex.

The mum - whose weight was NORMAL when she got married in her 20s - blamed post natal depression for her piling on the pounds as she became addicted to comfort eating.

She blasted the NHS, saying: "I have been left to die. If I was anorexic I would get proper help. But no one has sympathy for obese people."

Sharon's bulk put so much strain on her lungs she needed an oxygen tank to breathe.

She was repeatedly warned she was eating herself to death.

But she refused to stop bingeing - despite undergoing a £30,000 op on the NHS earlier this year to have a gastric band fitted. It was meant to have curbed her gargantuan appetite.

Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford - where the mum had been a patient for two months - refused to comment yesterday.

But a source confirmed: "She died on Saturday. Because of her weight, hospital staff had to be very careful how she was moved." Sharon's grief-stricken loved-ones were yesterday preparing to make special funeral arrangements for the mum.

A supersize coffin big enough for her will have to be found.

The mum's death comes just months after Britain's biggest man - 70-stone Paul Mason, from Ipswich - underwent surgery.

Yesterday one NHS worker said: "No one could believe how big Sharon was. She was so fat she could not walk."

Another told The Sun: "There is only so much the Health Service can do for someone with this kind of problem. In the past she begged the NHS for help.

"But in the end the patient turned around and threw it back in their face - by going back to her old ways.

"Many people are very angry about the fact food that was known to be bad for her was brought into the hospital.

"The matter was raised a number of times, but the problem persisted. By the end many staff were at their wits' end.

"It is tragic - what we would call truly a 21st century tragedy.

"This woman was only 40. But she literally ate herself into an early grave.
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 26, 2010
Were they forcing the food into her mouth?

They didn't help her indeed.
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by chiogo(f): 10:34pm On Jul 26, 2010
Na wa!!  undecided

She practically killed herself with food. Sad!
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by MissyB1(m): 10:36pm On Jul 26, 2010
michelin89:

Were they forcing the food into her mouth?

They didn't help her indeed.

No! She didn't help herself at all. Those who smuggled the food in, contributed to her death.
How difficult is it to obey certain instructions - Esp. when there are for Your good?
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 26, 2010
Missy B:

No! She didn't help herself at all. Those who smuggled the food in, contributed to her death.
How difficult is it to obey certain instructions - Esp. when there are for Your good?

No one helps the obese she said.

Why can't I feel sorry for her death?
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by MissyB1(m): 10:38pm On Jul 26, 2010
When she was 20

Watch . . .
[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhxBMCrhg6k[/flash]
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 26, 2010
She was already fat.
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by MissyB1(m): 10:41pm On Jul 26, 2010
michelin89:

She was already fat.
Nah! Nah!!
At 20, she was perfect.
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 26, 2010
Missy B:

Nah! Nah!!
At 20, she was perfect.

She had a round face and fat arms.

She was already heading for an unhealthy future.
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by MissyB1(m): 10:46pm On Jul 26, 2010
michelin89:

Lol!!!

Don't we have people 'fatter' than that, yet healthy?
I still say she was perfect like that. Had she maintained that physique, there wouldn't have been a prob.
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by chiogo(f): 10:47pm On Jul 26, 2010
michelin89:

Na wa for you!!  shocked grin

She looks alright at 20. 20 years later. . .and she's like this. Tragic!
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 26, 2010
Sorry but fat arms on women turn me off big time. lipsrsealed
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by dominique(f): 10:52pm On Jul 26, 2010
michelin89:

no one would have predicted that she would grow that huge then. her death is more like murder/suicide committed by her and hrr so-called loved ones.
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 26, 2010
dominique:

no one would have predicted that she would grow that huge then. her death is more like murder/suicide committed by her and hrr so-called loved ones.

grin grin
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by chiogo(f): 10:59pm On Jul 26, 2010
LOL Michelin, how can you see her arms in the long-sleeve wedding gown? I don't think the sleeve is that tight-fitting so what you may be seeing may not all be her arms. It looks okay, not fat. She definitely gained a LOT of weight since then.
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 26, 2010
chiogo:

LOL Michelin, how can you see her arms in the long-sleeve wedding gown? I don't think the sleeve is that tight-fitting so what you may be seeing may not all be her arms. It looks okay, not fat. She definitely gained a LOT of weight since then.

Nor mind me jor. . .my eyes dey penetrate. cheesy
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by oyinda3(f): 11:04pm On Jul 26, 2010
I blame the family member who smuggled the food to her when they knew she had a problem
and I blame the hospital partially as well. I mean how did buckets of fried chicken and chips go under their radar?

d lady had an addiction so of course she really has very little control of her appetite.
and I agree that more attention is paid to people with anorexia vs obesity in the US. which shouldn't be d case. but then again, anorexia tend to affect rich ppl vs obesity which affect poorer folks.

I for example will puke or get diarrhea if i ate anything more than half a bucket of chicken in one sitting. my body just won't allow it. but some people lack the mechanism to control over eating. i've seen it even in kids. maybe they have insulin resistance, had depression or something. but its definitely an underlying disease or illness. rather than just lack of self discipline. which is why i refuse to be too harsh on her.

@michelin89,
yea she wasn't skinny in her 20s when she got married. but i don't see how her picture is any prediction of her present predicament (yay alliteration).
her face looked perfect to me. what's round about it?
i've seen your face and it looks rounder than hers, but your skinny.
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by MissyB1(m): 11:04pm On Jul 26, 2010
Come to think of it - Her husband must be a very nice man.
Imagine sticking with her, even with that weight.
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by oyinda3(f): 11:06pm On Jul 26, 2010
yea that's one faithful husband. i commend him and feel for him truly.
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 26, 2010
oyinda.:

@michelin89,
yea she wasn't skinny in her 20s when she got married. but i don't see how her picture is any prediction of her present predicament (yay alliteration). 
her face looked perfect to me. what's round about it?
i've seen your face and it looks rounder than hers, but your skinny.

My face is a pentagon and I am not skinny. tongue
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by oyinda3(f): 11:09pm On Jul 26, 2010
lol @ pentagon. i don't know what a pentagon face means but if u say so.
and yes u are skinny. srry grin

but seriously, how is her wedding pic face round? undecided
anyways u seem to be able to analyze face shape better than me so.
i mean i've never even heard of "pentagon face" b4.
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 26, 2010
Ahahahahaah if I am skinny I don't know what you'd call Paris Hilton.

Or maybe by African standard I am. . .who knows.

Yeah we have poligonal faces and mine happens to be a pentagon. tongue

I don't have a double chin like that lady.
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by chiogo(f): 11:19pm On Jul 26, 2010
I wonder if the husband also became obese since marriage.

If not, how could he allow his wife let herself go like that? He stuck with her but he wasn't much of a help either.
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by oyinda3(f): 11:24pm On Jul 26, 2010
yea d husband stayed skinny. u can see him in d third pic.

i know a family where everyone is skinny except for one member who is just too fat  shocked. sometimes i want to tell d parents to take her to d hospital because she obviously has a problem. whether emotional or internal.
this is a young child too and all her sibling are skinny including d parents.
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by MissyB1(m): 11:29pm On Jul 26, 2010
chiogo:

I wonder if the husband also became obese since marriage.

If not, how could he allow his wife let herself go like that? He stuck with her but he wasn't much of a help either.
There isn't much he could have done for a woman like that - Who was placed on diet, with the knowledge of being nearly at the point of death, YET couldn't control her appetite.
Whatever made her eat the Chicken and fish and chips, probably also made her not listen to him.

The man is still in good shape.
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jul 26, 2010
They brought the food to her because she couldn't move on her own.

They killed her.
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by chiogo(f): 11:35pm On Jul 26, 2010
oyinda.:

yea d husband stayed skinny. u can see him in d third pic.

i know a family where everyone is skinny except for one member who is just too fat  shocked. sometimes i want to tell d parents to take her to d hospital because she obviously has a problem. whether emotional or internal.
this is a young child too and all her sibling are skinny including d parents.
It usually starts when they're kids and nobody pays attention thinking it's normal for kids to have a little excess weight. Kid or not, you shouldn't be obese. The parents need to pay attention to her weight now before it gets to the point of no return.

Missy B:

There isn't much he could have done for a woman like that - Who was placed on diet, with the knowledge of being nearly at the point of death, YET couldn't control her appetite.
Whatever made her eat the Chicken and fish and chips, probably also made her not listen to him.

The man is still in good shape.
He coulda done something. I'm pretty sure she did not blow up overnight. Took 20 years for her to get this big. He coulda done something when he started noticing the excess fat. He probably works out himself, he coulda motivated her to do the same. They could do it together. Well, that's what I believe spouses should do for one another. Sticking with them is not enough.
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by MissyB1(m): 11:35pm On Jul 26, 2010
michelin89:

They brought the food to her because she couldn't move on her own.

They killed her.
If she could walk, she would have gotten the food herself.
Plus, she begged them to sneak the food in.  . . . .She's as guilty as her ''Loved ones''.
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jul 26, 2010
Missy B:

If she could walk, she would have gotten the food herself.
Plus, she begged them to sneak the food in.  . . . .She's as guilty as her ''Loved ones''.

But she couldn't. That is the point.

Now she is dead. They have themselves to blame.
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by MissyB1(m): 11:44pm On Jul 26, 2010
chiogo:

He coulda done something. I'm pretty sure she did not blow up overnight. Took 20 years for her to get this big. He coulda done something when he started noticing the excess fat. He probably works out himself, he coulda motivated her to do the same. They could do it together. Well, that's what I believe spouses should do for one another. Sticking with them is not enough.
Ma point is - Unless she was willing to be helped, NO ONE could have helped her.
How are we sure he didn't try to help her?

michelin89:

But she couldn't. That is the point.

Now she is dead. They have themselves to blame.
I agree though.
Since she couldn't walk, they shouldn't have granted her request.
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 26, 2010
That's Britains' fattest women?

No wonder they look down on USA. That's USA's regular women.

And she was so huge that a trolley COLLAPSED as she was wheeled to the mortuary.
lmao! reminds me of those high school jokes
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 26, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

That's Britains' fattest women?

No wonder they look down on USA. That's USA's regular women.

lmao! reminds me of those high school jokes

You can't be serious! shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Troubling Health Issues / WHO Declares Nigeria Polio-free / FG To Police, Hospitals: Gunshot Victims Should Be Treated without Clearance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.