Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,954 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Video Game Business In Lagos - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Video Game Business In Lagos (31135 Views)

How To Make Money Running A Video Game Store In Nigeria. / Make Money In Nigeria By Investing In A Video Game Centre / Will Game Business And Game Competition Give Huge Profits? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video Game Business In Lagos by playmode(m): 10:46pm On Jul 27, 2010
I am a 30 year old Nigerian who has been residing in South Africa for a couple of years now. I currently own and run a Video Games Store in the CBD of Johannesburg. My store consist of a Video Game's arcade section, A video game repair section and a sales section. I am a self trained Playstation3, Xbox 360 and Wii technician.

In the video Game's arcade section, customers can come and play their favourite game titles on any of my 10 consoles connected to full 10 HDTVs. We charge them per hour for each game they choose to play. I currently have 5 pS3s and 5 Xbox 360 consoles in the arcade section.

In the Repair section i do the following:

Repair 3 Red light Xbox 360s(RROD)
Repair Xbox 360 E70 errors
Repair Xbox360 blank picture errors
Replace Ps3s faulty lens
Chip / Flash Xbox 360s consoles to play copied games
Chip Nintendo wii to play copied games

In the sales section ,i sell copied Xbox 360 games and copied Wii games.
I also sell video games accessories in this section like battery packs, power adaptors, av cables e.t.c

The reason i have created this topic is because i will like to relocate back to Nigeria, I have here in SA for a while and i really miss home. I want to come back home to settle down with my family and establish my business in Lagos. I know how people love video games in Nigeria and i also know how expensive these video games have become.

I feel that i may be able to contribute something positive to the country and the youths if i establish my business there. From what i have gathered so far ,there is no one in Lagos who repairs Xbox 360s ( i may be mistaken but that is what i have heard from my relatives).My business can benefit video game loving Nigerians because here in South Africa i am able to source second hand video game consoles which are in good condition and resell them in Nigeria at reasonable prices. Another plus is my ability to make copied games. The cost of an original Xbox  game range from $60 to $100 but i can make a copy of those games for a mere $5 or less.This will really benefit Nigerians who are struggling to buy one single game.

Like i mentioned above i have been out of the country for a while and i need the professional input of people on the ground in Nigeria. Please advice and tell me if it wise for me to establish this type of business in Lagos or if i should remain in SA.I have attached a picture to give you an idea of what my business is like. I will also like the good people of Nairaland to suggest to me which areas of Lagos my business will thrive in.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by deliceshop(m): 11:11pm On Jul 27, 2010
hi

how are you doing i think your business will do well in ikeja ogba surulere and ilupeju gbagada area where there skool kids guys and the price what will it be like

good luck

1 Like

Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by playmode(m): 11:33pm On Jul 27, 2010
Thank you for the response,i actually grew up in Ikeja.Do you have any idea of how much shops cost to rent per annum in these areas you have suggest and how much do you in your opinion think i should charge per hour for students playing games?
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by mrsage(m): 12:04am On Jul 28, 2010
Brilliant idea.
First & foremost I believe u can come back to Lagos and set up a game lounge here in Nigeria.
I have a PS2 @ home and I know we do not have trained experts to repair video games in Lagos. This is a good opportunity for you.
You can make money from repairs & you can also train others on how to repair games (a training institute)

You can also sell video games in Nigeria especially if the price is right.

You can also establish a nice game lounge here in Lagos. This will serve as a fun spot for youths in lagos. Remember all we have are cinemas and eateries. A cool game lounge will be a good idea. In lagos today, i know of only one game lounge (in Ikeja). You can consider- Akoka/Yaba axis because of the proximity to Unilag, Yabatech and other secondary schools. we have lots of young people in these areas. Remember adults play games too. U can also consider: Gbagada, Surulere, Egbeda, Festac etc.

I can help you get relevant information. Just send a mail: itunuomotayo@yahoo.com
or visit: www.dwightservices.com
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by deliceshop(m): 12:11am On Jul 28, 2010
playmode:

I am a 30 year old Nigerian who has been residing in South Africa for a couple of years now. I currently own and run a Video Games Store in the CBD of Johannesburg. My store consist of a Video Game's arcade section, A video game repair section and a sales section. I am a self trained Playstation3, Xbox 360 and Wii technician.

In the video Game's arcade section, customers can come and play their favourite game titles on any of my 10 consoles connected to full 10 HDTVs. We charge them per hour for each game they choose to play. I currently have 5 pS3s and 5 Xbox 360 consoles in the arcade section.

Replace Ps3s faulty lens

I also sell video games accessories in this section like battery packs, power adaptors, av cables e.t.c

The reason i have created this topic is because i will like to relocate back to Nigeria, I have here in SA for a while and i really miss home. I want to come back home to settle down with my family and establish my business in Lagos. I know how people love video games in Nigeria and i also know how expensive these video games have become.

I feel that i may be able to contribute something positive to the country and the youths if i establish my business there. From what i have gathered so far ,there is no one in Lagos who repairs Xbox 360s ( i may be mistaken but that is what i have heard from my relatives).My business can benefit video game loving Nigerians because here in South Africa i am able to source second hand video game consoles which are in good condition and resell them in Nigeria at reasonable prices. Another plus is my ability to make copied games. The cost of an original Xbox game range from $60 to $100 but i can make a copy of those games for a mere $5 or less.This will really benefit Nigerians who are struggling to buy one single game.

Like i mentioned above i have been out of the country for a while and i need the professional input of people on the ground in Nigeria. Please advice and tell me if it wise for me to establish this type of business in Lagos or if i should remain in SA.I have attached a picture to give you an idea of what my business is like. I will also like the good people of Nairaland to suggest to me which areas of Lagos my business will thrive in.

It would have been a pleasure to give you price but I myself do not base in Nigeria while i was home all has change I could not get how much a plate of eba will cost can you imagine
try and call some one back home but in any price you get - 10k minium and depend on the trust level between you and this person.
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by ColAsabe: 12:19pm On Jul 28, 2010
I think this is a great idea and should sell but only if it's at a good price.

On another note how much do you sell the XBox 360 Console.
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by jot01(m): 2:12pm On Jul 28, 2010
playmode:

Replace Ps3s faulty lens

I feel that i may be able to contribute something positive to the country and the youths if i establish my business there. From what i have gathered so far ,there is no one in Lagos who repairs Xbox 360s ( i may be mistaken but that is what i have heard from my relatives).My business can benefit video game loving Nigerians because here in South Africa i am able to source second hand video game consoles which are in good condition and resell them in Nigeria at reasonable prices. Another plus is my ability to make copied games. The cost of an original Xbox  game range from $60 to $100 but i can make a copy of those games for a mere $5 or less.This will really benefit Nigerians who are struggling to buy one single game.

[/quote

This is a good One. Looking if i can have the same Business in Durban CBD.

Let me know Broh,

Cheers
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by hauler: 3:23pm On Jul 29, 2010
Sounds like a nice idea if that picture you attached is actually your own store in SA then i don't think there's any video game store of that size in Lagos at the moment. You might have to be flexible on the "1 hour" rule though cos i think thats too much and people will take advantage of it. The most important thing to do is go to naija yourself and do a thorough feasibility study, and i'm sure you'll be able to get all the answers you need if you do that. Good luck!
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by hauler: 3:24pm On Jul 29, 2010
Sounds like a nice idea if that picture you attached is actually your own store in SA then i don't think there's any video game store of that size in Lagos at the moment. You might have to be flexible on the "1 hour" rule though cos i think thats too much and people will take advantage of it. The most important thing to do is go to naija yourself and do a thorough feasibility study, and i'm sure you'll be able to get all the answers you need if you do that. Good luck!
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by iyk1(m): 12:41pm On Aug 03, 2010
i think you are the man i av bin looking for. my name is iyke and i think i know alot about the gaming bizness here in Lagos nigeria
i once owned a game center very beautiful but i started on low budget becos i was the university but it was very worth it talking about fixing games,
hehe dem plenty for alaba international maket, anyway your idea is very good but not new. when i started making feasibility studies about setting up a game center like the one you have over there in S A i thot my idea was unique until i met up to 13 to 15 different people who had GREAT ideas of what a game house should look like.
the problem here is the implementation.
i closed down when i had problems with electricity and man power management i was in sch and had to concentrate on my studies as well, i discovered that it is only you that can manage your idea and the bizness itself if you are not there so many things will go wrong
the picture of your game house is really motivating and i think i can offer some assistance on location and market but you have to come down personally and do your research. for now the best gamehouse in lagos is at the SILVERBIRD GALLERIA pls sombody proove me wrong but you can do better or compete if you like, i am still raising cash and funds to set up sumthing very nice just like yours and resign from my work and face it squarely there are so many of us here that want to set up a good game house i can assure you, enough nairalanders as well i even met some good folks here that want to set up but they lack the time and have the money but both matters you need all you time

its my passion i even drafted a bizness research proposal onetime just incase i meet some1 that can sponsor thats by the way,
just come over for a feasibility study i would love to meet you
my mail is iyksmann@yahoo.com
and i remain iyke

regards
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by 5p1naz(m): 4:23pm On Aug 05, 2010
@poster before people on here lead you astray. . . let me quickly give you a very short rundown of what Lagos and video game is like. . . it appears most people who replied to your post grew up in rich homes, so they do not really know what is happening in Lagos. . . seriously, you are doing real good in your business up there grin grin . . . i really like the way your shop looks grin grin. . . . . angry angrynow back to business angry angry. . . . @alaba and oshodi in Lagos , there are 999,999 ibo boys who can repair, mod, maneuver from a simple water game to a ps3 or xbox 360. . . . they do all kinds of sh1ts with these things. . . they are really good at it brov. . oh yes they[b] [size=13pt]repair[/size][/b] and[b] [size=13pt]mod[/size][/b] games here in Lagos for real shocked shocked shocked. . . and for the video game business too. . . it is way cheaper playing video games here in Lagos than over there in SA, meaning the amount of money you'd make here in Lagos would be lower compared to what you'd make out there in SA daily. . . the video game business is also a target for Nigerian police. . . they keep raiding and shutting down video game centers in Lagos for no reason . . . although this depends on your location. . .and about copying games, they do that sh1t here in Nigeria too and a game doesn't cost that much in alaba, you can get a game for around =N=1000 (an xbox 360 cd) . . .

i think my advice for you would be, keep doing your sh1t out there in SA, you can also expand to other locations in SA, you can also open up shops here in lagos to be manned by some1 you really trust. . . all im saying is DO NOT close down your SA shop for a return to Nigeria, you might regret it . . . .

and talking of getting a used modded xbox 360, i wanna start a video game shop in ghana . . . . How much could you get them for me
you could contact me @ richcassy@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by iyk1(m): 8:15am On Aug 06, 2010
5p1naz:

@poster before people on here lead you astray. . . let me quickly give you a very short rundown of what Lagos and video game is like. . . it appears most people who replied to your post grew up in rich homes, so they do not really know what is happening in Lagos. . . seriously, you are doing real good in your business up there grin grin . . . i really like the way your shop looks grin grin. . . . . angry angrynow back to business angry angry. . . . @alaba and oshodi in Lagos , there are 999,999 ibo boys who can repair, mod, maneuver from a simple water game to a ps3 or xbox 360. . . . they do all kinds of sh1ts with these things. . . they are really good at it brov. . oh yes they[b] [size=13pt]repair[/size][/b] and[b] [size=13pt]mod[/size][/b] games here in Lagos for real shocked shocked shocked. . . and for the video game business too. . . it is way cheaper playing video games here in Lagos than over there in SA, meaning the amount of money you'd make here in Lagos would be lower compared to what you'd make out there in SA daily. . . the video game business is also a target for Nigerian police. . . they keep raiding and shutting down video game centers in Lagos for no reason . . . although this depends on your location. . .and about copying games, they do that sh1t here in Nigeria too and a game doesn't cost that much in alaba, you can get a game for around =N=1000 (an xbox 360 cd) . . .

i think my advice for you would be, keep doing your sh1t out there in SA, you can also expand to other locations in SA, you can also open up shops here in lagos to be manned by some1 you really trust. . . all im saying is DO NOT close down your SA shop for a return to Nigeria, you might regret it . . . .

and talking of getting a used modded xbox 360, i wanna start a video game shop in ghana . . . . How much could you get them for me

true words you speak my guy infact the one i once had was a sorry case i remember one time a parent brought police to my game house claiming that his son used the school fees giving to him to play video games in my shop infact it was an unforgettable experience

anyway like i said the best game house so far in lagos is the one at silverbird galleria it is well organized strategically positioned and properly managed and i think the poster amongst other enterprising game house owners is also equal to the task including my self because i am really thinking of doing it again and better

so lets not discourage him, there is always risks in bizness
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by harakiri(m): 4:12pm On Aug 06, 2010
@Poster

I have operated video game businesses a number of times in Lagos.From back in the sega mega drive/SNES days to PS2 and Xbox one. I don't know about the kind of crowd you pull over there in SA but down here in Nigeria, the kind of mature customers in that picture would have their own games at home and wouldn't pay to play anywhere.Also,Xbox pads aren't good for hard core commercial gaming.Most of the people who come around will abuse the pads because of the tiny pittance they paid to play (winnnch pipo grin grin cheesy). . .i am talking from experience and at one point, i was replacing pads at least one every week. If you intend to open a branch in Nigeria, then you need to focus on areas where rich kids reside e.g the types who have PS3 at home but are willing to go out to play for the fun of it. Ikoyi and Lekki readily come to mind. . .Abuja is also a good spot.

Best of luck.

NB : DO NOT CLOSE SHOP IN SA FOR ANY REASON! ! ! NIGERIA AIN'T ALL THAT.

End of!

1 Like

Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by 5p1naz(m): 4:54pm On Aug 06, 2010
iyk1:

true words you speak my guy infact the one i once had was a sorry case i remember one time a parent brought police to my game house claiming that his son used the school fees giving to him to play video games in my shop infact it was an unforgettable experience

anyway like i said the best game house so far in lagos is the one at silverbird galleria it is well organized strategically positioned and properly managed and i think the poster amongst other enterprising game house owners is also equal to the task including my self because i am really thinking of doing it again and better

so lets not discourage him, there is always risks in bizness

i totally agree with you brov. . . all im just saying is he shouldn't close the shop in SA for nigeria. . . and sori about that your police case o o o. . . that one be very serious case cool cool cool undecided

harakiri:

@Poster

I have operated video game businesses a number of times in Lagos.From back in the sega mega drive/SNES days to PS2 and Xbox one. I don't know about the kind of crowd you pull over there in SA but down here in Nigeria, the kind of mature customers in that picture would have their own games at home and wouldn't pay to play anywhere.Also,Xbox pads aren't good for hard core commercial gaming.Most of the people who come around will abuse the pads because of the tiny pittance they paid to play (winnnch pipo grin grin cheesy). . .i am talking from experience and at one point, i was replacing pads at least one every week. If you intend to open a branch in Nigeria, then you need to focus on areas where rich kids reside e.g the types who have PS3 at home but are willing to go out to play for the fun of it. Ikoyi and Lekki readily come to mind. . .Abuja is also a good spot.

Best of luck.

End of!

exactly my point, he shouldn't close the one in SA for naija. . . he should just expand his enterprise. . . and @you replacing pads weekly, thats hilarious hahahahahah. . . i dont tink you were getting the original ones cos xbox original pads are tougher than playstation pads. . .

@poster, im still waiting for your response because i wanna get some xbox 360. . . maybe you can get some for me
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by playmode(m): 9:36pm On Aug 06, 2010
5p1naz:

Thanks for the advise,i really appreciate it. I been out of Nigeria for 8 years and i really ,i mean REALLY miss home. I left Nigeria to go and make something of myself and i believe that i have done that.

Missing Nigeria is not my only reason for wanting to leave. SA is not a stable country, one minute it is nice and dandy, the next minute the locals are up in our faces because we are foreigners. I don't want to stress the issue but i am sure you have heard of the xenophobic attacks. There are many locals who have expressed their dissatisfaction with my store because i am a Nigerian. Most of the kids and adults who patronize me are middle class and rich people who love to come and play at my store. Those who have issues with me are usually the poor ones who feel that i am making money from their people with ease.

I don't want to lose all i have worked in one day because of jealous folks who are capable of burning down my shop. That is why i want to establish something back home. I remember what happened to the Nigerians in Libya so I can trust the locals here. At any given time, they can attack foreigners, loot their shops or burn it down. That is the harsh reality about SA and why most Nigerian businessmen here are making plans to go back home and establish something.

Nigeria on the hand is also a harsh environment where a person can fall into a deep pit if proper planning is not adhered to. Electricity here is 24hrs constant so it will a little bit difficult adjusting to generators and diesel fuel again.

Like i mentioned above, I appreciate your word. What you have written here are words of wisdom and I will not take it lightly. I won’t rush into making a decision because I am scared of SA locals. I will take my time to plan right before I go home.

P.S  It pretty easy to set up a Shop in Nigeria to look like mine. It is just that those who have the ideas don’t have the funds and those who have the funds don’t have the idea or prefer to trade quality for quantity.

I can get you used Xbox360 consoles for R1200 = N24000

And games for N900.

I happen to work with hackers here who get games 4 months before they are released worldwide.

For example I have the following games on xbox 360  which are not released yet

Tiger Woods 2011
Dead Space 2
Dead Rising 2
Enslaved
Hawx 2
Transformers: war for cybertron
Morph-x
N3II ninety nine nights
Deathsmiles
Clash of titans
Vanquish

Do have an idea how much it will cost to rent a shop in ikoyi or VI?
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by 5p1naz(m): 4:10am On Aug 07, 2010
i think i now really understand why you need to move. . . this south Africans sef. . . mschew. . . God have mercy. . . for the ikoyi shops i think you should go to the properties thread it can be found under the general forum here on nairaland. . . u'd get your answer over there. . . and for your business expansion, consider ghana too. . . its peaceful and has no light or police problems. . . about getting the games, i am interested, you could contact me on my cell phone +233240218912 or email richcassy@yahoo.com thanks bye.

1 Like

Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by iyk1(m): 3:16pm On Aug 07, 2010
if you are looking or a location here in Nigeria I would suggest you consider strtegic locations , v.I is not bad because u can compete directly with the one at silverbird galleria how about places like ikeja, yaba, surulere , these are locations you can attract youths, lekki area as well is not bad, But come home brother come and look at things before you decide finally it would really help, all these areas I mentioned, I have some good outlets u can consider but it is best you come and do your feasibility study and understand your target market
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by dlox01(m): 12:45pm On Aug 13, 2010
not discouraging you but LMAO, you will have me to compete with!!!!
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by 5p1naz(m): 1:05pm On Aug 13, 2010
dlox01:

show us what you've got. . . grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by iyk1(m): 1:09pm On Aug 13, 2010
dlox01:

LOL grin grin
i been wan send you dis link befor make u see wetin dey hapun
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by dlox01(m): 2:15pm On Aug 13, 2010
5p1naz:

show us what you've got. . . grin grin

Hehehe, im scared of piracy!!!! grin
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by DisGuy: 7:19am On Aug 24, 2010
^^ oh please typical naija man! whilst others have their shyte all up on the net he is scared of piracy--i joke o!!

Goodluck playmode, you're experience will take you places, I think you should also consider Ghana or even try Ghana first
please like VI Lekki will be asking for mad money
harakiri:

@Poster

Best of luck.

End of!

Just wondering on this one, replacing pads that are readily available, or moving to an area where the phat kids already have games at home, what if they dont come out? its a case of getting loads of customers through the doors in areas like mentioned earlier replacing pads regularly or getting some customers in sometimes and keeping your games in tip top shape? hmmm
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by BabaOnileK: 9:25pm On Aug 24, 2010
Dis Guy:

^^ oh please typical naija man! whilst others have their shyte all up on the net he is scared of piracy--i joke o!!

Goodluck playmode, you're experience will take you places, I think you should also consider Ghana or even try Ghana first
please like VI Lekki will be asking for mad money
Just wondering on this one, replacing pads that are readily available, or moving to an area where the phat kids already have games at home, what if they dont come out? its a case of getting loads of customers through the doors in areas like mentioned earlier replacing pads regularly or getting some customers in sometimes and keeping your games in tip top shape? hmmm
I agree with you, am not sure the guy who posted the response about opening a game arcade really ran a business. Why open in V.I./Ikoyi when there is a market in Mushin, Isolo, Oshodi? This is the same reason why viewing centres do not work on the Island but thrive very well on the mainland. The purchasing power of the guys down there creates a viable market source.

I actually saw a game arcade along Ikotun/Idimu road today that comes a bit close to what the poster displayed. There were 4 game consoles all with 32 inch plasma screens and they had PS2 and PS3 consoles. The price was reasonable too but the guy needs to do a bit of publicity.

If you are around the area, check Licks and Chops eatery. The game arcade is on the first floor.
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by Caroguama(f): 1:04pm On Aug 26, 2010
Video Game Business In Nigeria Is a money-spinner, because both young and old love to unwind and play video games, including celebrities. Silverbird Galleria is a living example. You can also combine with viewing centre for sports fans with refrshments. More cash for ya. You are in the right business with great concepts. Goodluck
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by sesantoke(m): 11:20am On Aug 28, 2010
It is going to do well in Nigeria. Let me also inform you that you just have to come down to see for yourself what can be done. I ran a report on this type of busines in my new book on money making in the education industry. It is going to do well.
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by waylife: 11:28am On Aug 28, 2010
Nice business
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by messiah(m): 11:44am On Aug 28, 2010
@ poster
very commendable initiative. i admire that. most of the things i have to say have been said by others on here. it sounds like your business is booming in SA. so, why don't you come down to lagos and see the terrain for yourself. besides, you lived there before didn't you?
now i dunno what made you decided to come back to nigeria (not surprisingly though since it's coming at the wake of reports of attacks targeted at nigerians by south africans ), but i'll advice you to think twice about your decision. you might think of just setting up a branch of your franchise over here to be run by a competent and trusted ally. (that's if those persons still exist in nigeria sad)
ok, let's say everything turns out well and you get to come back. have you thought about continuous power supply? surely a business like yours depends on power. think about the qualitative generator set you have to buy and the cost of fuel. what about pilferage? do you still remember how rowdy lagos kids are? esp. the ones that will frequent your "joint".
again, let's say you get a good generator set, how about stabilizers and mini transformers. being a tech savvy guy, i'm sure you know the damaging effects of power surges on electronics (esp. game consoles!)
i myself own a PS3 and my brother and friends own an XBOX 360. my brother uses his in nigeria and never for once connected it directly to the main power source. it's always connected to a capacitor/ups.
on a side note, i'm curious as to how you wanna sell the consoles at a cheap price of about $60. a brand new PS3 slim or the new XBOX360 slim costs $300! i can only imagine a fairly used console to cost about half or at least a third of that price!
also, how can you claim to know hackers that can get new unreleased games. i have Dead Space and the release date for the Dead Space 2 is a distant Jan 25 next year. even if you do get it now, it might be full of bugs! anyway, i'm not refuting your claim. i know what nigerians are capable of!
good luck with whatever decision you take.

an avid gamer like you!
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 28, 2010
based in the us and i know how to repair xbox,sttion3 and can mod also,sell my copied games for 20 bucks each(new games),used to playt games back in the day at unilag or abule oja then,had a couple of friends who had games centres and it was an eyesore.from no light to police wahala
bro
too many issues will bedevil ur biz,do not close what u have in SA,at least it seems a  more stable sociey,.a lot of issues still wrong with setting up a biz in Nigeria,just went thru hell trying to bring sola energy to laggos,infact.not worth thinking about
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by Mavor: 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2010
playmode:

Thanks for the advise,i really appreciate it. I been out of Nigeria for 8 years and i really ,i mean REALLY miss home. I left Nigeria to go and make something of myself and i believe that i have done that.

Missing Nigeria is not my only reason for wanting to leave. SA is not a stable country, one minute it is nice and dandy, the next minute the locals are up in our faces because we are foreigners. I don't want to stress the issue but i am sure you have heard of the xenophobic attacks. There are many locals who have expressed their dissatisfaction with my store because i am a Nigerian. Most of the kids and adults who patronize me are middle class and rich people who love to come and play at my store. Those who have issues with me are usually the poor ones who feel that i am making money from their people with ease.

I don't want to lose all i have worked in one day because of jealous folks who are capable of burning down my shop. That is why i want to establish something back home. I remember what happened to the Nigerians in Libya so I can trust the locals here. At any given time, they can attack foreigners, loot their shops or burn it down. That is the harsh reality about SA and why most Nigerian businessmen here are making plans to go back home and establish something.

Nigeria on the hand is also a harsh environment where a person can fall into a deep pit if proper planning is not adhered to. Electricity here is 24hrs constant so it will a little bit difficult adjusting to generators and diesel fuel again.

Like i mentioned above, I appreciate your word. What you have written here are words of wisdom and I will not take it lightly. I won’t rush into making a decision because I am scared of SA locals. I will take my time to plan right before I go home.

P.S  It pretty easy to set up a Shop in Nigeria to look like mine. It is just that those who have the ideas don’t have the funds and those who have the funds don’t have the idea or prefer to trade quality for quantity.

I can get you used Xbox360 consoles for R1200 = N24000

And games for N900.

I happen to work with hackers here who get games 4 months before they are released worldwide.

For example I have the following games on xbox 360  which are not released yet

Tiger Woods 2011
Dead Space 2
Dead Rising 2
Enslaved
Hawx 2
Transformers: war for cybertron
Morph-x
N3II ninety nine nights
Deathsmiles
Clash of titans
Vanquish

Do have an idea how much it will cost to rent a shop in ikoyi or VI?

Hey playmode, pls is there a way I can reach you privately by email?
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by DatNiggaAk(m): 1:00pm On Aug 28, 2010
I WOULD ADVISE YOU TO KEEP RUNNING YOUR business in SA.
there are a multitude of problems with running that business in Nigeria,
you need to be in the shop 24/7 if not, you would be making money for your staff.
it is not possible to know how many people played in your shop throughout the day as there is no way of measuring it.
the power problem cannot be underemphasised.
the size and location of the shop is another factor.the best location is a residential area with a high population between 10-30 yrs of age,
the target market is usually people who are still dependent on their parents/guardians for money(primary/secondary/university)
cost of getting a shop that big would also be a challenge,
look b4 you leap bro,
i had the video game market in Minna-Niger state on lockdown for about 5 years but i eventually closed it down b4 i relocated to Abuja.
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by Dgunnerz(m): 1:09pm On Aug 28, 2010
Wow!It will be great to have this in Naija.I do not think that kids in Naija here can afford this.
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by xterra2(m): 1:12pm On Aug 28, 2010
@ POSTER
Please come to Nigeria this is your Country build it please if you can
I think people may patronise you me including
Anyway how much do you sell the Xbox 360 S,the xbox live 6 month or 12 month gold ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Scam Alert: Gtbank Account Holders. Please Read / Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? / 5 Ways To Identify Fake Currency Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.