Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food (3247 Views)

Chew That Watermelon Seed. / Why Ar Some Meats Hard 2 Chew? / Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 27, 2010
Don't you find it irritating when someone chews eba, fufu, amala or poundy?

I swear I couldn't stand the sight. Haven't seen anyone like that since I came abroad and I am so so happy.

What's your take on such people? I believe they ruin the flavour of the food, besides being disgusting.
Re: People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by Acidosis(m): 11:40pm On Jul 27, 2010
Very Irritating but I do witness such among kids
Re: People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by mamagee3(f): 12:08am On Jul 28, 2010
What kind of lame thread is this, Michelin? grin

How should the texture of a munched food look like?

Dang, this thread should win the award for the lamest thread of 2010 at the end of the year.

That's for sure!
Re: People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by tpiah: 12:10am On Jul 28, 2010
this girl michelin should not be allowed to mix with humans.

she'd be ok with other freaks and misfits like herself though.

you know- people who are half human, half beast.
Re: People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 28, 2010
mama-gee:

What kind of lame thread is this, Michelin? grin

How should the texture of a munched food look like?

Dang, this thread should win the award for the lamest thread of 2010 at the end of the year.

That's for sure!

Go rest your yansh for that side. grin

tpiah:

this girl michelin should not be allowed to mix with humans.

she'd be ok with other freaks and misfits like herself though.

you know- people who are half human, half beast.

I love you too.
Re: People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by OgidiBoy(m): 12:18am On Jul 28, 2010
It's not unusual to see ppl chew there solid foods. They Northerners all chew their duwo and dowon shinkafa.
Re: People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by mamagee3(f): 12:22am On Jul 28, 2010
michelin89:

Come and lie down on the bed and take a nap for a short while.

Your cryptic psycholosis for creating threads like this has started again. tongue
Re: People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 28, 2010
What I find more irritating is when people use a fork lol. I tried it once. I swear, the fork gives eba and ofe a metallic flavor. I no fit.
Re: People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 28, 2010
ogugua88:

What I find more irritating is when people use a fork lol. I tried it once. I swear, the fork gives eba and ofe a metallic flavor. I no fit.

I am guilty of this. tongue
Re: People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by clemcykul(f): 11:03am On Jul 28, 2010
on a more serious note northerners chew swallows, da reason is , . , , . . . they chew tuwo, because of the corn taste and its also very soft. so no blame them. grin grin
Re: People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 28, 2010
I heard they chew swallows in South Africa, too. My Nigerian uncle who lives there said South Africans look at him funny when he swallows it. The rest of them chew swallows with fried sausage lol.
Re: People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by aieromon(m): 11:43am On Jul 28, 2010
I've got no problem with them.Afterall,we've got people who use fork to eat swallow.What's that all about
Re: People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by tpiah: 3:11pm On Jul 28, 2010
michelin89:

I love you too.

hmm, let me guess

your fix hasnt arrived yet, or your reinforcements are busy elsewhere.

hence you dont want to show your foul mouth until you're sure you have backup.
Re: People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by MissyB1(m): 3:36pm On Jul 28, 2010
Nah, I don't find it irritating but funny.
How pesin go chew werrin dem suppose swallow? Some chew water too. grin
Re: People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by Fhemmmy: 4:07pm On Jul 28, 2010
hahahahahaha . . . . they are afraid of being chocked
Re: People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by mamagee3(f): 7:09pm On Jul 28, 2010
Missy B:

Nah, I don't find it irritating but funny.
How pesin go chew werrin dem suppose swallow? Some chew water too. grin
Is water solid? undecided
Re: People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by yme1(f): 7:31pm On Jul 28, 2010
i find it shocked shocked everytime i see cheesy
Re: People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by MissyB1(m): 9:56pm On Jul 28, 2010
mama-gee:

Yawewe!!!  grin grin
Where and when did I say Water is solid? and who says water cannot be in a solid state?
Re: People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 28, 2010
If water is in a solid than it should be chewed, so what's your beef with that one? lol.
Re: People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by MissyB1(m): 10:23pm On Jul 28, 2010
Don't mind Mama-gee grin
Re: People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by aieromon(m): 1:38am On Jul 29, 2010
mama-gee:

What of those days you used to chew ice blocks?loLz
Re: People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by blacksta(m): 10:33am On Aug 02, 2010
Funny thread - Meant for the jokes section

If you dont chew then what the hell is one suppose to do - swallow it ?

I need an answer

Cheers
Re: People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by Mobinga: 4:05pm On Aug 02, 2010
I chew garri. . . . . Is that a crime? Any solid worth eating is worth chewing.
Re: People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by redsun(m): 9:22pm On Aug 02, 2010
Chewing is a smart way of eating that kind of food,it will be great for digestion,unless of course one is in the position 0-1-0 meal structure and will need the food to remain forever in the system then swallowing whole like a snake will be highly recommended.
Re: People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by blacksta(m): 10:13am On Aug 03, 2010
redsun:

Chewing is a smart way of eating that kind of food,it will be great for digestion,unless of course one is in the position 0-1-0 meal structure and will need the food to remain forever in the system then swallowing whole like a snake will be highly recommended.

Na die be that  - No wonder many suffer from constipation.  - Chewing any food reduces the pressure on the digestive system as one's mouth does at least 50% of the breakdown process.
Re: People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by clemcykul(f): 10:14am On Aug 03, 2010
some times its advisable to chew tough morsels cuss they gat this habit of stickn in ur throat and refusing to proceed down
Re: People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by redsun(m): 10:28am On Aug 03, 2010
blacksta:

Na die be that - No wonder many suffer from constipation. - Chewing any food reduces the pressure on the digestive system as one's mouth has down at least 50% of the breakdown process.

Sometimes we just eat food without understanding what it does to our system and how best it functions.The human body is like a standard machine,it has to be understood and kept in order for it to function,just like every other thing in life.
Re: People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by blank(f): 5:45pm On Aug 03, 2010
Na me be dat.
I never knew while growing up that garri, semo, etc were to be swallowed.
I always chewed it very well.
It was about two yrs ago dat my girlfriends were laughing at me dat i chew what is supposed to b swallowed.
I was surprised! I started asking round if people really swallowed it without chewing and it seemed to be d norm.
I can't change in my old age so i just continue as i be and don't care whether others are laughing.
(The food dey enter my belle no be dir own).
Re: People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 04, 2010
Re: People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by Efehiaea(f): 5:19pm On Aug 04, 2010
Doctors advice chewing of all kinds of food so U dont over work your liver. the enzymes in d mouth starts digesting d food for us, so why would u say it sucks 2 chew swallow. I cant imagine gulping large rolls of eba and develop pot belle later on. I chew them and there is nothing wrong with it.
Re: People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 04, 2010
Efehiaea:

Doctors advice chewing of all kinds of food so U dont over work your liver. the enzymes in d mouth starts digesting d food for us, so why would u say it sucks 2 chew swallow. I cant imagine gulping large rolls of eba and develop pot belle later on. I chew them and there is nothing wrong with it.

I have been eating semo for the past 10 years and I haven't developed a fat belly.
Re: People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food by mamagee3(f): 8:34pm On Aug 04, 2010
michelin89:

I have been eating semo for the past 10 years and I haven't developed a fat belly.
The belly doesn't protrude in a day. tongue

Give it time and it would. cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Granma's Special Fish Pepper Stew In Pictures / How To Prepare Spaghetti Carbonara(pic) / See The £94,000 (n27.8million) Bottle Of Champagne Some Nigerians Buy In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.