Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria (32354 Views)

8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society / Are University Lecturers Well Paid Than Medical Doctors / Is Kidnaping Now An Occupation In The Niger/delta Region? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by zenus(m): 11:42am On Jul 29, 2010
zenus:

The speaker was accused mainly of misappropriating N11b capital vote of the House in 2008 and 2009 financial years. In the same vein, in a serendipitous discovery, our distinguished senators’ earnings per annum were uncovered as follow:

• Basic salary - 2,484,245.50;
• hardship allowance at 50 per cent of Basic salary - 1,242,122.70;
• Constituency allowance at 200 per cent of BS - 4,968,509.00;
• furniture allowance at 300 per cent of BS - 7,452,736.50;
• Newspaper allowance at 50 per cent of BS - 1,242,122.70;
• Wardrobe allowance at 25 per cent - 621,061.37;
• Recess allowance at 10 per cent - 248,424.55;
• Accommodation at 200 per cent - 4,968,509.00;
• Utilities at 30 per cent of BS - 828,081.83;
• Domestic Staff at 75 per cent of BS - 1,863,184.12;
• Entertainment at 30 per cent of BS - 828, 081.83;
• Personal assistants at 25 per cent of BS - 621,061.37;
• Vehicle maintenance allowance at 75 per cent of BS - 1,863, 184.12;
• Leave allowance at 10 per cent of BS - 48,424.55;
• severance gratuity at 300 per cent of BS - 7,452,736.50;
• Motor vehicle allowance at 400 per cent of BS - 9,936,982.00 (every 4 years); Total = N29,479,749.00; Senator‘s Salary per month = 2,456,647.70; Grand Total (109 Senators) = N3,264,329,264.10

(Source Newswatch, July 12, 2010, p.14).

This is just the one we know, what about the bribery unknown

I must contest for senator come 2011
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 29, 2010
1. politics ---because that's one of the few occupations where u will be bestowed with national honours after robbing the country blind e.g
Ettehgate, Alamiesiegha, even the first lady(remember her money laundering case a few years back that was quashed?)

2. Oyel bunkering-----na from hia d money for operational logistics of kidnapping dey comot. and na d main business behind the kidnapping facade.

3. kidnapping

4. fake pastors---dem plenty!

5. contractors

6. bank executives

7. civil servants---------POLICE, ministry workers, PERM SECS, CUSTOMS, IMMIGRATION, e.t.c----ever wondered how some of them on
ordinary level 6 got to own mansions all over the place?

8. YAHOO YAHOO-----some will protest why its no 8, but how many yahoo guys u know wey get up to 7 houses except for the biggest fish dem?

9. BANK ROBBERS.

10. otokoto
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by kemisuga(f): 1:20pm On Jul 29, 2010
Any Occupation can give you huge salary, so far God's hand is in it.
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 29, 2010
abeg no bring God into dis one. D poor man don suffer for we nigerians hands as we dey wait for am to do every tin for us.
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by ITbomb(m): 2:19pm On Jul 29, 2010
Ultrame:

^^^^
we individuals change our attitude and perception? Don't make me laugh! let me ask you these very simple questions:
1.  When was the last time your vote counted in Nigeria?
2.  When was the last time Nigeria had a 'Honest-To-God' Politician, that is not a thieving, scheming 'basterd' like all,

When the change come, you may not be able to benefit from it.
No be prayer.
Na so dem tell one king for Bible.
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by aikuda(m): 2:37pm On Jul 29, 2010
Wow! I almost don believe say you not fit do any legitimate business to be well paid in nigeria. Hmmm.

Na wa o. We are finished!
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by Ultrame(m): 3:39pm On Jul 29, 2010
ITbomb:

When the change come, you may not be able to benefit from it.
No be prayer.
Na so dem tell one king for Bible.
^^^^
I asked two very simple questions. The need for religious bigotry does not arise.
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by saperpsms: 5:16pm On Jul 29, 2010
@mekula

Are all these occupations? I hope you don't see them so,
The future belogs to the honest men for real. Just a matter of time

Cheers
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by hectorswag(m): 10:37pm On Jul 29, 2010
mekula:

1. politics ---because that's one of the few occupations where u will be bestowed with national honours after robbing the country blind e.g
Ettehgate, Alamiesiegha, even the first lady(remember her money laundering case a few years back that was quashed?)

2. Oyel bunkering-----na from hia d money for operational logistics of kidnapping dey comot. and na d main business behind the kidnapping facade.

3. kidnapping

5. contractors

6. bank executives

7. civil servants---------POLICE, ministry workers, PERM SECS, CUSTOMS, IMMIGRATION, e.t.c----ever wondered how some of them on

8. YAHOO YAHOO-----some will protest why its no 8, but how many yahoo guys u know wey get up to 7 houses except for the biggest fish dem?

9. BANK ROBBERS.

10. otokoto
grin grin grin grin grin bunch of jokers!
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by Bokoharam: 5:36am On Jul 30, 2010

ladi02 (m)
UK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Engineers (Petroleum, Civil, Electrical)
2. Bankers
3. Accountants
4. Doctors
5. Lecturers
6. Lawyers

All these "non-Nigerians" should leave those living in 9ja to talk. They always show they dont undstnd 9ja. Can u imagine the list above?
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by spikedcylinder: 10:32am On Jul 30, 2010
Please get the stereotypical 'charge and bail' lawyer off your mind - E.g. Mr. Gbenga Oyebode and his team of lawyers made millions of $$$ from a 5-room commercial law firm at Obalende (15 yrs ago) and he bought into Access Bank where he's presently Chairman.

@ OP
This thread exposes the root of Nigeria's problems - We have lost our bearing.

Like a public service radio announcement that filled the air and our minds when I grew up in Nigeria, "There Is Dignity In Labour!"

How many Lawyers does Nigeria churn out of it's law schools every year? What percentage of them makes 1/5th of what Oyebode makes as a lawyer monthly?
Your guess is as good as mine.
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by baslone: 11:29am On Jul 30, 2010
Go and find out how much the highest paying law firm in Lagos pays?

All those hit man lawyers who make billions defending these
corrupt governors don't pay more than 45K to graduate lawyers
in their firms!

As a lawyer, you have got to get yours!
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by spikedcylinder: 11:47am On Jul 30, 2010
baslone:

Go and find out how much the highest paying law firm in Lagos pays?

All those hit man lawyers who make billions defending these
corrupt governors don't pay more than 45K to graduate lawyers
in their firms!

As a lawyer, you have got to get yours!

Thank you.
Just a few days ago, my friend was offered a paltry sum to come and head a private firm. She said she'd rather sit her bum where she's not practicing law than go and practice and be paid peanuts.
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 30, 2010
buzugee

Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria
« #86 on: Yesterday at 12:00:50 AM »

Quote from: byrron on July 28, 2010, 11:24 PM
Its rly funny when u read some post frm nigerians outside the country.they tlk abt been patrotic with all sense of stupidity and folishness. When south africans were fighting 4der freedom,mst of their musicians then sang abt d societal ills prevailing then in S.A,letting d world knw what exactly is going on there which generated much attention, so when some people get upset when they read d post of others because u wnt them to tell d world that all is well in nigeria then u mst be a proper fool. Somebody mentioned BBC reporting some post from nairaland which he felt does nt project our image positively among the commitee of nations but i beg to remind u dat this countries ve their envoys here and they c d rot happening & report bck to their gvmt bck home, so if u like decive urself with false sense of patrotism it changes nothing because d reality on ground is so glaring even 4d blind 2c. Even d person dat started d use of d word rebranding has dropd dat slogan along time ago when reality done on her. I salute all those dat posted those criminal skilld jobs as d highest paying jobs in nigeria cos dats d bitter truth,u can even see that our president nw and past has gone ahead to bestow national honours to some knwn criminals in nigeria,showing to the world dat we do reward criminality according to your perfomance,d higher your criminal activities and records d higher d award. Pls my brothers in diaspora,wake up and stop championing blind patrotism.what r u evn dng there,i bet u cnt stay up to a mnt in nigeria whn u evn decide 2visit. Our senators earn 1000000 times more than obama/anum each and compare their acmplshmnt. A local govrmt chairman in 9ja earns more than british prime minister david calderon. So y r some people paranoid when u read dat kidnaping,oil bunkering and other criminal acts r d highest paid jobs.they r d obvious fact. PATROTISM MY backside.
david calderon kor, jose calderon ni Grin
Report to moderator Logged

i expected you to correct me since it was an error due to oversight but u chose to pick up that single mistake without contributing to the issue at hand.typical nigerain for u.anyways i meant David Cameron, hp u feel better now?
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by aieromon(m): 1:11pm On Jul 30, 2010
Like i said in an earlier post,your professional mentor might have indulged in one/more of these criminal occupations either directly or indirectly.
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 30, 2010
saperp_sms:

@mekula

Are all these occupations? I hope you don't see them so,
The future belogs to the honest men for real. Just a matter of time

Cheers

the question that was raised: top 10 well paid occupations in Nigeria, not top 10 best occupations. now u will need a dictionary to find the meaning of occupation. at least encarta defines it thus:

oc·cu·pa·tion [òkyə páysh'n]
(plural oc·cu·pa·tions)
noun
1. job: the job by which somebody earns a living

Microsoft® Encarta® 2008. © 1993-2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

to get the desired answers that u so called moralists so desperately seek, maybe the question shd be rephrased thus:

Top 10 well paying legitimate occupations.

hectorswag:

grin grin grin grin grin bunch of jokers!

either u dont live in nigeria or u failed English severally in ur WAEC. read the question before u comment or better still, lipsrsealed
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by Ademolag(m): 1:45pm On Jul 30, 2010
too bad
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by xpmode(m): 6:06pm On Jul 30, 2010
1. Web Developers (If they can hijack sidmack)

2. Lectures (they get much Naira from Handout too)

3. Bankers (if he/she is single= enjotment)

4. Politician (even school cert. he got more than N100k as salary)

5. Pilot (should in this position)

6. Contractors/Engineers (if they are luck to get job from politicians)

7. Force (Police, soldier, etc )

8,9 and 10 and so on
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by chelseabmw(m): 6:17am On Jul 31, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^

lol. . . . .
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by mikewills(m): 5:45pm On Jul 31, 2010
This same "criminal jobs" are the top paying jobs anywhere in the world. The order of wealth yielding may be different, but it doesn't change the fact that it's everywhere. I live in the USA and I know that the more than $65 Billion that Bernard Mardoff made from his "Nospecto" scheme eclipses all the money the "yahoo yahoo" boys have made in the last 10 years COMBINED!. The only difference is that if they "catch you", you will get 100 years in jail unlike in 9ja where you might get a pat in the back. But crime PAYS, EVERYWHERE.
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by Rmc1(m): 7:49pm On Jul 31, 2010
mekula:

3. kidnapping

5. contractors

6. bank executives

9. BANK ROBBERS.

10. otokoto

lwkmd. menn something dey happen 4 that country oh grin grin grin
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by candylips(m): 8:47pm On Jul 31, 2010
419 nko
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by topup: 4:18am On Aug 04, 2010
I think Ladi02 is the only one who did the question justice, many of you joking around are the same ones who will get pissed if anyone stereotypes or generalises Nigerians, saying we're kidnappers or 419ers.

I don't know the precise order, but I am very sure that successful business people feature on the spot, and engineers.
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by ceasyc(f): 6:15am On Sep 09, 2010
rotflmfao. gd heavens
u guys r jokers but true talk - 419, kidnapping, etc dey all pay wella
grin
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by Pamelayoung: 11:49pm On Aug 01, 2015
papamissyb:

WHAT ABOUT KIDNAPPING?

@papamissyb are u for real?

YOU MEANT ALL THAT ARE WITHOUT SKILLS? BETTER THINK AGAIN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Daniel Joshua Reveals Why He Returned 3 Months N-Power Stipends / Pregnant Lady Fetches Water For A Living At A Construction Site In Abuja / Ada Mike‎, Lady Who Assembles Keke Napep In Anambra State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.