Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? (4296 Views)

Part12 Behold The Blueprint For Perfect Marriage. From The Lips Of Our Lord Jesu / Part 10 Is The Way Of Courtship God’s Pathway To Perfect Marriage? / Part 9 Is The Way Of Courtship God’s Pathway To Perfect Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by raddyworld: 2:48pm On Jul 28, 2010
PERFECT MARRIAGE
Almost everybody will love to experience the unconditional feelings of perfect marriage with their spouse that lead to happy home, but the question that pose itself says, Do you work towards it?.
The fact is that there is no cutting corner or secret to a perfect marriage, it is just the matter of maintaining the right principle which is achievable.
There is a famous saying where the perfect marriage can only be found between a deaf and a blind couple, because the deaf husband cannot hear the nagging of his wife, while the blind wife cannot see the shortcomings of her husband.
To my own observation being in love with each other is more than what most people could ask for in a relationship, but even love is not enough to sustain a relationship there are other factors to put in place. I want you to understand the fact that the best marriage in the world can run into trouble just because the couple tend to take the simplest things for granted.
People from various countries have married their spouse based on different reason, which can either be to have a family, wealth, to have someone to grow with and security, this all matters but there is a bigger reason. Marriage is when you give so much of yourself and yet you feel whole.
One glaring thing I have seen about some couples in our society is that they don’t exercise patience to understand themselves if they are compatible before getting married which has later put their Marital home in jeopardy.
In brevity, something as special as marriage should be nurtured forever, so what are the principles?
[1]PRAYER: this is just the matter of praying base on your religion for a successful and happy  home, because the seed of love is created by the power of God and by doing this it will always renew the feeling and guide the couple not to fall into temptation.
[2]TRUST: trust is one of the important key in relationship, so if the couple wants a long-lasting relationship they must maintain what is known as trust among themselves.
[3]LOVE: build your relationship on true love, because true love will always last longer no matter the circumstances in your relationship.
[4]PATIENCE: We all need patience in coping with most things in life either in relationship or in other aspect of life, patience is very important to let you fully understand and overcome most of our obstacle.
[5]CONTROLLING ANGER: anger is inevitable to human, but the person that is slow to anger has the great understanding.
The only way to cope with your anger is to inculcate the habit of letting go of resentment and practicing forgiveness.     
Thomas Fuller observes, "He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself; for every man has need to be forgiven." Without forgiveness, your life becomes an endless cycle of anger, resentment, and retaliation. You practice forgiveness so that you can stop ruminating about the past and put your energy into the present moment. And it will also free you from the poisonous effects of resentment. Then, you can experience peace of mind and bring that inner peacefulness into your marriage. You will never have a peaceful marriage until you are at peace within yourself.
In a nutshell there is still more to perfect marriage that led to happy home than what we have here but by applying this principle you have got above average opportunity of building happy home.
Hope you enjoy this little advice, Thanks to GOD and connect love.
Connect love is a programme arranged for people to ask question on their plight about relationship and also to create an opportunity for single, divorce, widow and single parent to meet their future partner that share the same interest with them.
With the help of connect love programme people will be given the opportunity to meet the people of their choice that share the same interest with them at the programme and from there start a relationship that will lead to marriage.
To partake in this programme you will have to register with us.
For more enquiries and questions about this article you can contact us through this information:
CONNECTLOVE
3rd floor 2nd block, lister building, M.K.O Abiola Way, Ring-Road, Ibadan, Oyo state, Nigeria. 08087021824
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 29, 2010
Food for thought ===>

We are never (really) in love with anyone,

We are only in love with our prejudiced and hopeful [/b]idea of that person,

And we fall [b]out of love
when that IDEA CHANGES . . .
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by beloveeed: 6:27am On Jul 31, 2010
hi poster

i presume that you are an otherworldling - seated with Christ in the Heavenly places. for me all the rules we have set up to have a perfect marriage is summed up thus

Husbands love your wives
wives submit to your husband

Eph 5:23-28
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
KJV
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by Image123(m): 4:25pm On Jul 31, 2010
There is NO perfect marriage without God.
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by raddyworld: 4:28pm On Aug 04, 2010
thanks for your encouragement
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 04, 2010
A good marriage is not like sailing in a ship on a STORMLESS SEA.

It is more like sailing in ship that NO STORM CAN SINK . . .
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by vescucci(m): 11:30pm On Aug 04, 2010
A perfect marriage? What's that?

imhotep:

Food for thought ===>

We are never (really) in love with anyone,

We are only in love with our prejudiced and hopeful [/b]idea of that person,

And we fall [b]out of love
when that IDEA CHANGES . . .

This is soo true. I agree 110% and I wish I didn't
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by UyiIredia(m): 11:54am On Aug 05, 2010
@ raddyworld love your comment >>>  undecided undecided undecided >>> sadly there no perfect marriages >>> the same way , happily ever after is a lie those
Mills & Boons whatchamacallit's invented
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 05, 2010
Nice sonnet from William Shakespeare ===>

"Let me not to the marriage of true minds, admit impediments.

Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds,

Or bends with the remover to remove:

O no! it is an ever-fixed mark

That looks on tempests and is never shaken;

It is the star to every wandering bark,

Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.

Love's not Time's fool. . .

Though rosy lips and cheeks

Within his bending sickle's compass come:

Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,

But bears it out even to the edge of doom.

If this be error and upon me proved,

I never writ, nor no man ever loved."
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by vescucci(m): 12:29am On Aug 06, 2010
Aww, I miss me my Shakespeare
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by meyri: 2:58pm On Aug 06, 2010
There no perfect marriage. Two imperfect people can not create a perfect marriage. They can only try, with God's help, but never attain.
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by raddyworld: 3:03pm On Aug 12, 2010
i understand your comment.but i didn't mention that their won't be ups and down it's normal to have that in relationship.but you have to forgive if he/she is guilty. but i wish everyone can understand that with God all things are possible so stop looking at things base on your condition.what i expect you to do is to ask yourself am i doing the right things as a responsible husband/wife.
if you need full understanding and explanation.why can't you call instead of hiding yourself from information that can make you have peace and happiness in your home.
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by raddyworld: 10:55am On Sep 20, 2010
with God all things are possible
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by zinaLPF: 2:23pm On Sep 20, 2010
There is no such thing as a 'perfect' marriage because you have 2 imperfect humans involved!
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by Mudley313: 2:33pm On Sep 20, 2010
zina@LPF:

There is no such thing as a 'perfect' marriage because you have 2 imperfect humans involved!

. . .and god who created imperfect beings cannot in the same vain create a perfect marriage

seriously tho, aint nothing like a perfect marriage. marriage take hard work, commitment, unconditional love, (in most case, especially in naija) good finance, trust, sincerity, good bedroom skills, and all that good stuff to make it great at best. there'll always be pitfalls and disagreements from two different individuals but thats how you get to grow understand yourselves better
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by bonetalk(m): 5:06pm On Sep 20, 2010
It's awesome and in addition, the fear of GOD is very important, because if there is fear of GOD in their heart, it will be very difficult for any of the partner cheat his or her partner which may leads to wahala in that relationship, Secondly a respect for each other in relationship will further bind their love together and make it strong, and putting GOD first in what they do.
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by Mudley313: 8:08pm On Sep 21, 2010
GBENGA_bonetalk:

It's awesome and in addition, the fear of GOD is very important, because if there is fear of GOD in their heart, it will be very difficult for any of the partner cheat his or her partner which may leads to wahala in that relationship, Secondly a respect for each other in relationship will further bind their love together and make it strong, and putting GOD first in what they do.

if the concept of FEAR of some god or whatever is what makes a marriage perfect, islamic marriages will be classified as no.1
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by raddyworld: 6:00pm On Sep 27, 2010
mudley313,

forget about the issue of Islamic or no Islamic the fact is that if you have God and do the right thing.you will surely have what i am talking about.
if you can scrutinizes what cause most of breakup you will get to know that we human just like to manipulate things just to get to the right lane which will bounce back and we will start making excuses cus human are use to making excuses instead of learning.
well to me i believe one thing which say AS YOU THINK SO DO YOU SPEAK,AS YOU SPEAK SO DO YOU ACT,AS YOU ACT SO GOES YOUR FUTURE.
so no need of arguing but blessed are those that can see the fact and solution to their problem and they were able to solve it.
stay safe.
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by raddyworld: 6:47pm On Dec 31, 2011
call 08087021824 to partake in this programme
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by Lasinoh: 4:34am On Jan 01, 2012
Ain't no such thing. . .especially as you have only been married once. What do you have to compare it to then? kiss

But you can find the perfect love. To all the lovers in the house. . . HAPPY NEW 2012. . . .Thanks for keeping it real and avoiding the "Christian-ASSASSINATION-DIE-VORCE COURTS"! kiss

[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cogw5Wqwd_s&feature=fvwrel[/flash]

HAPPY NEW YEAR HONEY!!!! I DON'T WANT OUR MARRIAGE TO BE PERFECT. . . TOOOOOO BORING. THANKS FOR KEEPING IT REAL!!! kiss

[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xbqe_GajtQ&feature=related[/flash]

O yes o! cool
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by LogicMind: 2:05am On Jan 02, 2012
Don't forget to have sex, sex sex. Lots of sex.
You can call Jesus all that you want but if you stop having sex, your mariage is heading for the rocks.
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by tpia5: 5:06am On Jan 02, 2012
The only perfect msrriage is the one that will be between Christ and his church.

Apart from that, there's no such thing as a perfect marriage. People are imperfect so how can the marriages be perfect.

(1) (Reply)

Cry Me A River. / If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? / Church Of Satan Gives You Joy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.