Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up (12089 Views)

Naija Girls Before And After Independence (photo). / Three Nigerian Languages Make Up Top 10 Most Popular Languages In All Of Africa / Why Do Naija Girls Walk Into Venus With Car Keys Dangling Off Their Finger ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by na2day2(m): 7:18am On Jul 30, 2010
davidif:

whenever i see pictures of girls back home, they look sooooooo heavily made up (especially the lipstick part) complete with eyeliners and what not? Its incredible. I thought make up was supposed to be subtle and to bring out the best in your facial features and not turn you into a totally unrecognizable fiend.

so true, u meet them at night and u will shout "blood of Jesus!" lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

shesi:

OP your problem is the caliber of girls you've been exposed to this far.

Make up in the hands of a sophisticated girl almost always makes an addition rather than subtraction. I love seeing my girls look change slightly from weekend to weekend depending on the combination of make up she has on. And when she takes it off, there is nothing but flawless skin underneath.
Most women also wear makeup to express their mood. So when i see my girl wearing bright red lipstick i know i could be in for a great night.lol.

Your problem is you're hanging around unsophisticated girls who don't understand the concept of make up. The type that say puts an extremely white powder on very dark skin and worst still, only stop at their chin making their face look like a checkers table. Plus the quality of the make up makes a world of difference.

so all the celebrities and big wigs that make up wrong and are called out constantly by the fashion police on E! are unsophisticated girls? MUGU!
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by topkin(m): 9:28am On Jul 30, 2010
@ Poster:
To cover their ugliness!! grin
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by daywatcher: 9:38am On Jul 30, 2010
this one just started noticing women
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by Ibomade1: 10:14am On Jul 30, 2010
To make you spend all your dough chasing them.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by parislomo(f): 11:20am On Jul 30, 2010
na2day?:

so all the celebrities and big wigs that make up wrong and are called out constantly by the fashion police on E! are unsophisticated girls? MUGU!

Naija girls are caught on E?? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by harakiri(m): 2:28pm On Jul 30, 2010
@Post

I'm really dead sick of all these "why do Nigerian girls this" or "why do Nigerians behave like this" posts.It's really getting out of hand. Are Nigerian ladies the only ones who wear make up? Who designed make up in the first place? Is it not oyibo people? How many oyibo ladies do you see outside without heavy make up especially the ones older than 30 years? Please, do not abuse nairaland with all these cheap and senseless posts simply because registration is free.

Nuff said!
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by parislomo(f): 2:31pm On Jul 30, 2010
harakiri:

@Post

I'm really dead sick of all these "why do Nigerian girls this" or "why do Nigerians behave like this" posts.It's really getting out of hand. Are Nigerian ladies the only ones who wear make up? Who designed make up in the first place? Is it not oyibo people? How many oyibo ladies do you see outside without heavy make up especially the ones older than 30 years? Please, do not abuse nairaland with all these cheap and senseless posts simply because registration is free.

Nuff said!

Seconded!! cool
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by larayat(f): 3:06pm On Jul 30, 2010
harakiri:

@Post

Nuff said!

dats just d rite tin 2 say, i suport u, gbam.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by Ranoscky(m): 4:06pm On Jul 30, 2010
@Harakiri

Omo ilu abi ni e, mo'n gbadun e jare!

waa rike, waa tun rayo!
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by janex: 4:12pm On Jul 30, 2010
i think that make up has made most ladies to lost there natural beauty. shocked
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by Ranoscky(m): 4:43pm On Jul 30, 2010
^
No be lie!
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by seyibrown(f): 6:46pm On Jul 30, 2010
Most Naija girls DO NOT put on heavy make-up! Only a fraction do.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 30, 2010
^^
Actually TOO MANY of them DO put on heavy make-up. They seem to have their own VERY peculiar reasons for using it. Perhaps it is to appear what they are not  as in CAMOUFLAGE, or even to intimidate people like a MASQUERADE.

Elsewhere the point of wearing it is just to enhance a lady's natural features so much so that it is barely noticeable.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by Pafuri(m): 10:05pm On Jul 30, 2010
Try any of the following reasons:
1. To make the Chinese and the Koreans rich grin grin
2. To be who they are not
3. To purposely look ugly grin grin grin
4. To look like ashawo/karuwa/prostitute cry cry
5. To attract the different 'honorables', professors, managers, permsecs, and all others who have one kind of 'power' or the other in the country undecided
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by Pafuri(m): 10:08pm On Jul 30, 2010
@ naijasisi: stop buying cheap ones. No be London you dey. I like the makeup on you though grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 31, 2010
love em or hate em naija girls are the most beautiful set of girls i've ever set my eyes on.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by NaijaSisi(f): 12:56am On Jul 31, 2010
^^^ u get taste jare!
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by Ranoscky(m): 6:05am On Jul 31, 2010
Naija gurls fine buh, som dey disfine demsef by over make up!

(buh truely not only naija gurls, even non naja gurls)
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by na2day2(m): 7:37am On Jul 31, 2010
parislomo:

Naija girls are caught on E?? shocked shocked shocked

did u see the word "celebrities" in my statement at all? undecided undecided undecided undecided

harakiri:

@Post

Nuff said!

actually u have not said anything, at least anything reasonable. ppl posting on this forum, senseless or not brings in the cash to keep the forum afloat by way of ads.

tensor777:

^^
Actually TOO MANY of them DO put on heavy make-up. They seem to have their own VERY peculiar reasons for using it. Perhaps it is to appear what they are not  as in CAMOUFLAGE, or even to intimidate people like a MASQUERADE.

Elsewhere the point of wearing it is just to enhance a lady's natural features so much so that it is barely noticeable.

GBAM! thank u jare
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by THEAMAKA(f): 8:21am On Jul 31, 2010
^^^
rolls eyes.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by parislomo(f): 8:31am On Jul 31, 2010
na2day?:

did u see the word "celebrities" in my statement at all? undecided undecided undecided undecided

And did you see topic??  Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up
Take a minute and go through the post you replied to.
The emphasis is on "naija girls" and SOME of us already tried to erase that notion that it is not just about a set of people. . .  .  And when I saw your post, it only buttressed SOME of us stand. . . .
So dear, I applied SARCASM when I quoted you!
wink wink

harakiri:

@Post

Nuff said!

na2day?:

actually u have not said anything, at least anything reasonable. ppl posting on this forum, senseless or not brings in the cash to keep the forum afloat by way of ads.

And why is this? Cos he addressed the topic better than you did?? Oh please!! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by Nilla1(f): 4:27pm On Jul 31, 2010
They put it on, to cover up their old age, grin tongue
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by na2day2(m): 5:56pm On Jul 31, 2010
parislomo:

And did you see topic??  Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up
Take a minute and go through the post you replied to.
The emphasis is on "naija girls" and SOME of us already tried to erase that notion that it is not just about a set of people. . .  .  And when I saw your post, it only buttressed SOME of us stand. . . .
So dear, I applied SARCASM when I quoted you!
wink wink

yeah right! hiding your ignorance under the umbrella of sarcasm always works, knock urself out! maybe if u had spent an extra 30secs to read my post in its proper context which was calling out shesi's idea of "sophisticated girls" we would not be having this discussion

parislomo:

And why is this? Cos he addressed the topic better than you did?? Oh please!! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

and what did he address? that ppl shouldn't ask questions about nigerian tendencies on a nigerian forum? where should they ask it then, on the Irish forum? he does not have to like the topic and no one forced him to post a reply to the OP. btw what is senseless about this topic? when last did u go to a nigerian reunion or a major nigerian party? almost 70% of the girls show up looking like rainbow or some coat of many colors and dont even get me start on what they call hair! a few of them even take it to another level and put on some ridiculous nails that make them look like freddy cougar's half sister! girl plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! ! !
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by larayat(f): 6:38pm On Jul 31, 2010
na2day?:

yeah right! hiding your ignorance under the umbrella of sarcasm always works, knock urself out! maybe if u had spent an extra 30secs to read my post in its proper context which was calling out shesi's idea of "sophisticated girls" we would not be having this discussion

and what did he address? that ppl shouldn't ask questions about nigerian tendencies on a nigerian forum? where should they ask it then, on the Irish forum? he does not have to like the topic and no one forced him to post a reply to the OP. btw what is senseless about this topic? when last did u go to a nigerian reunion or a major nigerian party? almost 70% of the girls show up looking like rainbow or some coat of many colors and dont even get me start on what they call hair! a few of them even take it to another level and put on some ridiculous nails that make them look like freddy cougar's half sister! girl plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! ! !

quiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by Nwaka77: 6:58pm On Jul 31, 2010
harakiri:

@Post

Nuff said!

You just spoke my mind! Many thread starters can't even use the term "some", "many" but rather generalize. I personally hate make up. I feel like my pores are getting all clogged up.

@OP
Why do you care about what naija girls choose to do with their face? If you don't like their excessive makeup, go date/marry a woman from another part of the world where the women wear no makeup at all. Good luck!
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 31, 2010
harakiri:

@Post

I'm really dead sick of all these "why do Nigerian girls this" or "why do Nigerians behave like this" posts.It's really getting out of hand. Are Nigerian ladies the only ones who wear make up? Who designed make up in the first place? Is it not oyibo people? How many oyibo ladies do you see outside without heavy make up especially the ones older than 30 years?

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. It is certainly not normal for a Western woman to go about with heavy make-up.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by Ranoscky(m): 7:42pm On Jul 31, 2010
over make up dey make person wor-wor! check on dis website below

www.lifestyle.yahoo.com/famous/galleries/g/-7676751/15/make-up-overload/
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by THEAMAKA(f): 8:37pm On Jul 31, 2010
tensor777:

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. It is certainly not normal for a Western woman to go about with heavy make-up.

you're obviously living in delusion.
so many of these women i see are cake faces. its just that they know how to apply it to where it looks good on them.
go on youtube and watch makeup gurus and you will see how much they put on their faces just to look "natural"
PLEASE!!!!
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 31, 2010
THE AMAKA:

its just that they know how to apply it to where it looks good on them.
go on youtube and watch makeup gurus and you will see how much they put on their faces just to look "natural"
PLEASE!!!!

Yet you have made my point. That is the whole point of make-up or even a beauty regimen. It is meant to make the wearer look good and natural.It is not meant to make the wearer look 'unnatural' as you would say. undecided
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by THEAMAKA(f): 9:07pm On Jul 31, 2010
tensor777:

Yet you have made my point. That is the whole point of make-up or even a beauty regimen. It is meant to make the wearer look good and natural.It is not meant to make the wearer look 'unnatural' as you would say. undecided
actually MY point is they are still wearing a lot of makeup, just wearing it to where you don't notice and it looks good/natural/fits their face.
its not that its only Naija girls that wear too much makeup, they just aren't wearing it right or wearing what suits them so they end up looking like Bobo the clown.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by tekajibril(m): 3:25am On Aug 01, 2010
Tiro no be make-up!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up by Ranoscky(m): 8:31am On Aug 01, 2010
If oyibo gurls wear over make up, som pipu go say na d style wey dey rain be dat.

if naija gurls wear over make up, dat sam pipu go dey complain say naija gurls no sabi make up.

which 1 we go follow now? undecided. . .abeg make una leave naija gurls alone jor, mind ur gurlfriend only!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osole Owo Tutu / History Of The Aro Confederacy / The Authentic Monarch's Of The Igbo Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.