Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,773 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! (3406 Views)

Shi’ites: El-zakzaky’s Followers List 5 Conditions For Peace / The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB / Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by wales(m): 6:16am On Jul 29, 2010
Crusaders for new states now have a fresh hurdle: ensure all federal representatives from your present states are handed new terms in 2011, and stand a chance of a new state, Dimeji Bankole, Speaker of the House of Representatives announced yesterday.

Mr Bankole told hundreds of agitators pushing for the creation of Ibadan and Hadejia States, out of the present Oyo and Yobe States, yesterday, that their request will receive more favourable attention if tabled by long-standing lawmakers when consideration of state creation opens possibly next year. In defence of his claim, Mr Bankole said abiding by a legislative culture of seniority (ranking), whereby long-serving lawmakers are granted attention ahead of newcomers, will favour those clamouring for the creation of new states in the next legislative session. “In the National Assembly, we have the issue of seniority and ranking to contend with, so do not make the mistake of sending new people here, if you do, well I am sorry because the result may not be palatable,” he said while addressing the Ibarapa Consultative forum, a group that has advanced the creation Ibadan State.

No new people wanted

Campaigners have made cases for 25 new states, and the National Assembly has promised that consideration would be given to the requests during a second amendment process of the constitution. Yesterday, Mr Bankole again assured that when the National Assembly begins the second leg of the amendment of the 1999 constitution, state creation “must be on the front burner for fairness and equity if not for any other thing.” He said that in the National Assembly, and House of Representatives in particular, “seniority and ranks were jealously guarded and respected” and the classification will play roles in reaching decisions on the state creation.

“The National Assembly as an institution is growing and it can only continue to grow through experience, what I am saying however is an advice which you have the choice to take or not to take, we are in this thing together and the job has just begun,” he stated. He warned that those who want new states must avoid the “mistake” of voting in new people because according to him, those who have experience would always be listened to and attended to before new members can get any attention. He however advised that people agitating for creation of new states from the existing ones must ensure that it is done in good faith and not to create divisions among locals.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Politics/5599962-147/bankole_gives_conditions_for_new_states.csp

Re: Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by hackney(m): 11:53am On Jul 29, 2010
What is the point of more states in Nigeria?
Oh , yes : more governors, commisioners etc
MORE LOOTERS.
Re: Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by ohwofasa(m): 12:29pm On Jul 29, 2010
hackney:

What is the point of more states in Nigeria?
Oh , yes : more governors, commisioners etc
MORE LOOTERS.
u can stay dat again
Re: Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 29, 2010
in simple english - ensure you maintain the status quo of the senate loyal to my cabal - and i will give you your states .

sort of like a supernatural type deal
Re: Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by Nixo: 12:48pm On Jul 29, 2010
oyb:

in simple english - ensure you maintain the status quo of the senate loyal to my cabal - and i will give you your states .

sort of like a supernatural type deal

Exactly! Dumb Dudes, what stupidity! angry angry angry
Look for better campaign strategy man and stop cheap blackmailling kinda-campaign tool.
Re: Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by redsun(m): 12:53pm On Jul 29, 2010
More tribes,more division amd more share of the national cake for thieves(politicians)
Re: Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 29, 2010
vote for bankole - and we shall soon get nairaland state
Re: Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by Becomrich0: 2:09pm On Jul 29, 2010
I think Bankole does not know the history of Yoruba people and betrayer since he lived abroad most of his lifes. He does not know that there is NO MAN WHO BETRAY the Yoruba people and return back to office. He should go and find out in History. No politician that decieve the Yoruba people have ever comeback to power. NO TRAITOR have even come back to power. They should name a traitor that return. Nobody.

And  some people in the PDP have been decieving the Yoruba people in the last 2 years, now  claim Next year.Everytime  claim Next year.  I am not saying there are not few  people in the PDP who want justice. I know  some people that have been working with us and praying we get justice in the PDP.   even some Yoruba PDP governors support the option of the republic of Benin. I do not want to name anyone, because they know thier history very well. they kill traitors in Yorubaland bankole. You dont want them to kill you ask your father.

If Bankole does not believe what yoruba people  would do to him and his family if he win an Election without Edo , delta and Yorubas getting justice. He should ask his father and Obasanjo what the Yoruba did in 1983, they would kill you banky. Yorubas do not forgive traitor. There have never been anyone who has been a traitor to the Yoruba people that ever come back. check your history.

I am telling Bankole the Yoruba people can not wait for you and some people in PDP deceit anymore, We prefer the Military option at this moment. they cant not trust you anymore.The military looks better to give the Yorubas people Justice than the civilian can. It is unfortunate that Bankole,jonathan, david mark and the PDP leave us with this only option. But from this end that is the only option we  can see.

The Yorubas from satellite pictures can forcely remove itself from Nigeria. If we add the Population of Benin, we are more than the population of the remaining Nigeria(the north + East).

Some Yorubas in the PDP have failed the Yoruba people BANKOLE should note. The PDP would not return back to power in Yorubaland in a free and fair election, Bankole should go and ask his own father or Obasanjo, if I am telling lies. Bankole and PDP have only one option to remove us into Benin republic or the Yorubas in the Nigeria army attempt a military coup to remove the civilian from power, those are the only option left for the Yoruba people. Expect if jonathan want to go to the united nation.  So the ONly Option the Yoruba people have at the moment is to look to every Young man of Yoruba origin in the army to stand up and defend the honour of the Yorubas, because they have failed the Yoruba people.  they should stop decieving the Yoruba people any more they are fedup with the lies. The army looks like they have more honour than the  politician.  It is bad to want a military govt back. It looks like it is the only option. We stand a 50:50 of getting justice. With the PDP it is ZERO %. We would take our chance with the military. 50% is better than 0%.

Bankole has to know that Yoruba people are well knew for killing traitor. I dont think they told yet, ask your father or Obasanjo. He should go and work with the Yorubas governors who support Benin republic option. If not a military option is the only one left at this moment.
I would post pictures why the Yorubas can use the military option and remove itself and make the north majority.

Re: Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by fugocisse: 2:25pm On Jul 29, 2010
becomerich are you a lunatic
Re: Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by symbianDON(m): 2:52pm On Jul 29, 2010
fugocisse:

becomerich are you a lunatic
at times i am tempted to believe that this becomerich guy is the legendary don quixote de la mancha! he seems to me a raving luna.tic
Re: Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by Becomrich0: 2:59pm On Jul 29, 2010
When yorubas people kill them all and burn down all they have, I hope you would say that again. See what they do to the Celetial pastor. You think they are joking with you.
Re: Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by EzeUche(m): 3:03pm On Jul 29, 2010
The only state that needs to be created is Anioma State! angry
Re: Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by Fhemmmy: 3:21pm On Jul 29, 2010
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa . . . Nigeriaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by jamace(m): 3:24pm On Jul 29, 2010
This Bank-OLE of a guy is overstepping his bounds. With those  KPOMOCIOUS lips he has the gut to give an undemocratic condition for state seekers, uh?.  What experience is he talking about here? LOOTING experience combined with POLITICAL BOOTLICKING, abi? Silly looter angry.
Re: Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by dayokanu(m): 5:32pm On Jul 29, 2010
Can we have a Benin Republic state? Becomrich abi wetin I talk?
Re: Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by bawomolo(m): 5:43pm On Jul 29, 2010
He warned that those who want new states must avoid the “mistake” of voting in new people because according to him, those who have experience would always be listened to and attended to before new members can get any attention. He however advised that people agitating for creation of new states from the existing ones must ensure that it is done in good faith and not to create divisions among locals.

so basically keep the status quo undecided
Re: Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by sjeezy8: 5:46pm On Jul 29, 2010
lol bankole is becoming a big boy. I like his style tho- i must admit
Re: Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by THEAMAKA(f): 5:57pm On Jul 29, 2010
Campaigners have made cases for 25 new states,
shocked shocked shocked shocked

[size=18pt]STOP CREATING STATES!!! [/size] angry angry angry angry
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?

WE SERIOUSLY NEED TO GO BACK TO ZONES, CREATING STATES HAS DONE NOTHING FOR NIGERIA!
Re: Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by ayoola2002(m): 6:02pm On Jul 29, 2010
What happen to u 2day, are u sure nothing wrong? Everybody knows dt Bankole has dissapoint every young Nigerians, why all this post
Becomrich0:

I think Bankole does not know the history of Yoruba people and betrayer since he lived abroad most of his lifes. He does not know that there is NO MAN WHO BETRAY the Yoruba people and return back to office. He should go and find out in History. No politician that decieve the Yoruba people have ever comeback to power. NO TRAITOR have even come back to power. They should name a traitor that return. Nobody.

And  some people in the PDP have been decieving the Yoruba people in the last 2 years, now  claim Next year.Everytime  claim Next year.  I am not saying there are not few  people in the PDP who want justice. I know  some people that have been working with us and praying we get justice in the PDP.   even some Yoruba PDP governors support the option of the republic of Benin. I do not want to name anyone, because they know thier history very well. they kill traitors in Yorubaland bankole. You dont want them to kill you ask your father.

If Bankole does not believe what yoruba people  would do to him and his family if he win an Election without Edo , delta and Yorubas getting justice. He should ask his father and Obasanjo what the Yoruba did in 1983, they would kill you banky. Yorubas do not forgive traitor. There have never been anyone who has been a traitor to the Yoruba people that ever come back. check your history.

I am telling Bankole the Yoruba people can not wait for you and some people in PDP deceit anymore, We prefer the Military option at this moment. they cant not trust you anymore.The military looks better to give the Yorubas people Justice than the civilian can. It is unfortunate that Bankole,jonathan, david mark and the PDP leave us with this only option. But from this end that is the only option we  can see.

The Yorubas from satellite pictures can forcely remove itself from Nigeria. If we add the Population of Benin, we are more than the population of the remaining Nigeria(the north + East).

Some Yorubas in the PDP have failed the Yoruba people BANKOLE should note. The PDP would not return back to power in Yorubaland in a free and fair election, Bankole should go and ask his own father or Obasanjo, if I am telling lies. Bankole and PDP have only one option to remove us into Benin republic or the Yorubas in the Nigeria army attempt a military coup to remove the civilian from power, those are the only option left for the Yoruba people. Expect if jonathan want to go to the united nation.  So the ONly Option the Yoruba people have at the moment is to look to every Young man of Yoruba origin in the army to stand up and defend the honour of the Yorubas, because they have failed the Yoruba people.  they should stop decieving the Yoruba people any more they are fedup with the lies. The army looks like they have more honour than the  politician.  It is bad to want a military govt back. It looks like it is the only option. We stand a 50:50 of getting justice. With the PDP it is ZERO %. We would take our chance with the military. 50% is better than 0%.

Bankole has to know that Yoruba people are well knew for killing traitor. I dont think they told yet, ask your father or Obasanjo. He should go and work with the Yorubas governors who support Benin republic option. If not a military option is the only one left at this moment.
I would post pictures why the Yorubas can use the military option and remove itself and make the north majority.
Re: Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by Acidosis(m): 6:57pm On Jul 29, 2010
redsun:

More tribes,more division amd more share of the national cake for thieves(politicians)
Re: Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by Becomrich0: 8:17pm On Jul 29, 2010
Nothing is wrong with me. I am telling the truth,Most Yoruba consider bankole as a traitor and betrayer of the Yoruba people. He can go online and check. Most Yoruba people are fedup with thier lies, tag" we would create state"

I dont think bankole realise, He has no more political future in politics in Yorubaland again, and he can not win an election in a free and fair election in Yorubaland if he cant deliver Justice to the Yoruba. Why would they want a person, who for four years could not present even satellite pictures at the national assembly . It is 4 years, we are talking about. He does not realise  PDP is finished in Yorubaland if they do correct the injustice done to the Yoruba before the election, if he does not know history. He should ask Obasanjo. He is finished.

PDP is  finished if he does not deliver before 2011. all of them from the senate and house of rep and governors are gone, because bankole/jonathan fail to deliver.

When a speaker who was a northerner in PDP was speaker, he tried to impreach Obasanjo because of the North. He was the speaker of the assembly, his name was NAbba. Who send Bankole to the national assembly to be speaker and be speaking grammer. We do not eat grammer. If he want to speak grammer, he should return back to england. They send him them to fight. And if he is not  bold enough to be a speaker. He should return home.  He better go back to the university of Politics and take NABBA 101 and OKADIGBO 102 classes.

If Nabba was there, and the satellite pictures show the north advantage. Do you think Nabba give a hell, if Obasanjo was president of Nigeria. All do you think Nabba(speaker) or senator chuba Okadigbo( senate president) were nice to Obasanjo. They dont give a shit1 if Obasanjo was a member of the PDP.

He either fight for his future in politics or is gone forever. Finito. Yorubas do not bring back traitor. When they look at the satellite pictures what do they think about BANKOLE, they think as a person who has failed the Yoruba people in 3 years to bring them Justice to them.

If a northerner was speaker of the house, and satellite picture shows the north is majority, Do you think he would bring it up in the house. Yes they would. I dont think Bankole realise Yoruba people consider him a failurer.

That the Yoruba people are not ready to wait after 2011 election. That he is finished.

Bankole can not win any election. If he does not bring justice to the Yoruba before 2011 election. He is finished. Is he going to go meet the egba people and ask them he want to represent them , when they all see how he failed the  Yorubas at the national assembly. So can he go and meet the egba people and tell them " mo fail first time , give me a second chance" NO.

The most unfortunate thing is bankole and Jonathan are also destroying the political future of other PDP members. That why the other PDP members want to bring Bankole down before he destroys thier own politics future. Him and Jonathan are taken the PDP down and bring alone other members of the PDP down as they fall.  Dino malaye was fighting for his own future, because he want them to see, I AM FIGHTING O. So that they can return him to fight.

Yorubas do not re-elect traitor. This is what our history say. name one person that have betray the Yorubas and come back. I want to know that traitor that have returned in Yoruba politics. NONE. That what our History says. When they tried it in 1983, they burn down all of thier house and kill them. That what they would do to you bankole.

Save yourself+ and even save Jonathan and be a man. Yorubas are not ready to wait for you after 2011. In a free and free election they would not return to do what  you could not do for 4 years. You have been telling them story for about 3 years now, that you would create state.

Bankole still has the chance to redeemed himself if he want. There is still 9 month before election. The Yorubas people are not ready to wait after the election for Bankole/David mark and thier many story.

Dont forget the PDP also destroys most Yoruba banks with 1000 branches in Yorubaland out of 1500. What did bankole do?

Bankole either become bold or he is finished and he would drag his party PDP in Yorubaland as he fall. He better go back to the university of Politics and take NABBA 101 and OKADIGBO 102 classes.
Re: Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by rethink: 8:30pm On Jul 29, 2010
@becomerich

Extremist "yoruba" tribalist

Your education is so useless.
Re: Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by Becomrich0: 8:58pm On Jul 29, 2010
What is tribalist in that. Look at ebonyi state and see Oyo state. Even if we leave politics and bring God into it. Is it fair to that this to people. I am not from Oyo state , neither am I from edo or ogun or delta ? please note?

I think you are the tribalist because you want your ethnics group to continue cheat others. You are a tribalist? treat all men the same.

Life is about treating other people fairly either is a hausa man or igbo man. Just be good to people.
Re: Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by Becomrich0: 10:58pm On Jul 29, 2010
Look at Enugu and Ebonyi state. They are empty.

If bankole refused to fight for the Yorubas, is bankole going to go to Kano state or enugu and seek office. Why dont bankole go to Kano state and try to be governor of Kano or Enugu state .

Can bankole be governor of Katsina or Imo state you? No.   

Bankole would not win Ogun state governorship election if it is free and fair. He refuse to defend Ogun state at the national assembly why should they vote for him.

Bankole need to stand up and be a man. Noone is asking banking to cheat other nigerian, NO. we are saying that what is rightful us. Give it to us. His no more a young boy. O ma ti fourty(40).

Re: Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by Becomrich0: 11:07pm On Jul 29, 2010
Ebonyi state

Re: Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by Becomrich0: 11:09pm On Jul 29, 2010
Anambra state

Re: Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by Becomrich0: 11:10pm On Jul 29, 2010
Abia state

Re: Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by BluMalam(m): 11:30pm On Jul 29, 2010
@becomerich.

And who told you Benin Republic wants you and your problems?

Go seek help my friend.
Re: Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by Becomrich0: 11:34pm On Jul 29, 2010
I have so many people from republic around me, I never knew people from benin republic of benin live in canada. Even todayy I spoke to a Yoruba person from the republic of Benin. And in the next few minute I am suppose to call another Yoruba person from the republic of Benin . I can ask them, if it possible to tape them and you can hear them speak yoruba to me. Do you want that.
Re: Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by THEAMAKA(f): 11:34pm On Jul 29, 2010
Blu Malam:

@becomerich.

And who told you Benin Republic wants you and your problems?

Go seek help my friend.
LOL! i busted out laughing.
loooooooooooooooool

awwwww, cute baby. kiss
Re: Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by BluMalam(m): 11:56pm On Jul 29, 2010
You don't have to prove any point to me my friend. What i would like though, are honest answers to the following questions.

1. If the yoruba were the majority (like 19 states), would you be doing what you are doing now?

2. You make the Yoruba sound like the victim, do you really think the Yoruba are the most marginalized ethnic group in the country?

I admire your consistency and resolve, but think through your ideology, you are sure to find some blank spaces.
Re: Bankole Gives Conditions For New States ! by Becomrich0: 12:03am On Jul 30, 2010
Name an ethnics in nigeria who can complain of been marginalized than the yorubas and we would post the satellite pictures. Name that ethnics group. The Yoruba people are the most marginalized people in Nigeria from what we see in the satellie picture. The Igbos are the least marginalized group in Nigeria. Even the Igbos are cheating everybody in  Nigeria including the Northerners.

there are 800 villages in Jigawa state. even when many of the other northern state do not have so many people. But Jigawa has 800 villages. Jigawa has more villages than any state in the north. followed by Kano state. Bauchi,gombe, etc do not have much, So the north should stand up and support the remover of the  Yorubas,edo , delta state  to join benin republic so that the north can become majority. The igbos and the North would do well in the new union.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saraki Declares For Presidency Today ! / After Massacres, Anger In Nigeria's North / GEJ On The Inflation Rate And The Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.