Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,516 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

Check Out Ma Portfolio - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Check Out Ma Portfolio (1914 Views)

Kazuna Cobal'ts 3D Portfolio / Suptol Designs Portfolio / Nairaland Portfolio For Logo Designers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out Ma Portfolio by Aseye(m): 1:49pm On Jul 29, 2010
Hey guys, threw in some jobs online and will love u guys to check it out and as many that sees them should feel free to drop their comments about them in here, thanks.

http://softimaging.carbonmade.com/
Re: Check Out Ma Portfolio by biznessman(m): 10:11am On Jul 30, 2010
Nice 1 der bro, pls hw can i drp my own stuff online
Re: Check Out Ma Portfolio by Aseye(m): 10:34am On Jul 31, 2010
u can sign up on dt same site or google thru, there are other sites dt give such facilities, to use mine, log on to carbonmade.com and sign up, its free,
Re: Check Out Ma Portfolio by flagship(m): 6:51pm On Aug 03, 2010
i know you are a pretty good logo designer, why dont u have your own site yet, mine's in the works.
Re: Check Out Ma Portfolio by Aseye(m): 11:39am On Aug 04, 2010
thanks man, still putting some things in place, for u to know, i have been branding people ve not even branded maself yet, funny rite,
Re: Check Out Ma Portfolio by flagship(m): 11:57pm On Aug 05, 2010
dunno if i should but, how much do you noramlly charge for designing a logo?
Re: Check Out Ma Portfolio by Aseye(m): 11:04am On Aug 06, 2010
the least i can go for any logo design is 5k (just the logo),
Re: Check Out Ma Portfolio by gharra: 1:35am On Aug 31, 2010
cheap price for a logo! i do it for a 100k ask me why?
Re: Check Out Ma Portfolio by flagship(m): 7:29am On Aug 31, 2010
why?
Re: Check Out Ma Portfolio by gharra: 3:00am On Sep 01, 2010
i give u a logo that is design just for only you! and it will be in vector and it will come with a guideline. and i studied fine art i did not get into art 'cos i was jobless it is what i ve always wanted to do and make a living out of it.
Re: Check Out Ma Portfolio by flagship(m): 4:56am On Sep 01, 2010
well that is how we all do it. who dosnt design a logo in a vector application. plus documentation and different versions,, bla, blah. smileyyou get paid all the time?
Re: Check Out Ma Portfolio by Aseye(m): 1:30pm On Sep 01, 2010
gharra:

i give u a logo that is design just for only you! and it will be in vector and it will come with a guideline. and i studied fine art i did not get into art 'cos i was jobless it is what i ve always wanted to do and make a living out of it.

if u check well, i said d least and dts just for family and friends, ofcourse logo is just for one person now and its not about what you studied, guys out there that did not study any art will wow u with creativity and dts all it takes, 100k is high just for logo especially when u are not a company, i doubt how many of it you have collected,
Re: Check Out Ma Portfolio by gharra: 6:42am On Sep 02, 2010
1. i meant i am not going to copy and adjust already existing logo from the net for u!
2. it is what i study and i try to stay innovative not copying jobs or work out of concept
3. i run a freelance company and i pay tax
3. i get a lot of jobs from people i ve worked with be4 or tru referrer
4. i am use to clients that demand integrity and value over just a nice work, uniqueness distinguished me.
thank u
Re: Check Out Ma Portfolio by flagship(m): 6:53am On Sep 02, 2010
i didnt know people adjusted logos.
well, i guess their satisfaction is paramount
Re: Check Out Ma Portfolio by Aseye(m): 9:50am On Sep 02, 2010
i guess we are all speaking the same language, which is the rule of the game, if you are not good, u wont even be in the market, its as good as that.
Re: Check Out Ma Portfolio by olumidea: 6:44pm On Sep 02, 2010
Hello, please email your contact details to me. I need you to create a logo for me. My email address is olumidea@hotmail.com

Thanks.
Re: Check Out Ma Portfolio by Aseye(m): 9:04pm On Sep 02, 2010
olumidea:

Hello, please email your contact details to me. I need you to create a logo for me. My email address is olumidea@hotmail.com

Thanks.

well which of us now cos u just came in between 3 pros discussing, if u meant me, then u can send details of ur briefing to ma mail box and i will give you what ur heart desires, aseyeotubo@yahoo.com
Re: Check Out Ma Portfolio by bouzymill(m): 7:55am On Sep 04, 2010
Aseye:

the least i can go for any logo design is 5k (just the logo),

Why?

gharra:

i give u a logo that is design just for only you! and it will be in vector and it will come with a guideline. and[b] i studied fine art[/b] i did not get into art 'cos i was jobless it is what i ve always wanted to do and make a living out of it. 

I'm really sorry but this doesn't show any professionalism to me. Let us assume you've been asked by a client how much you will charge to make a logo for his/her company or let's say a full corporate identity. the kind of answer you gave would set the person off. How much does it take to download a vector software, even the best of them, Adobe Illustrator, with the help of torrent site, to one's system?  what do you mean by "I give you a logo that is designed for you"?, are you saying, you are also a professional copywriter? the fact that you studied fine art doesn't sound like an aswer to any client who will be willing to pay 100k. I'm not saying you've not done a job like that or you can't, cos definitely I don't know you. . .So, I can't judge your work.

I believe showing professionalism comes from telling us what your project process or design process is. .  . what do you do before even jumping on the "vector software". It's a pity most freelance designers today just hop on the software and think yes they are designing.  .  . to make a lasting design just as in people like Paul rand, 60% of the work must have been done before even touching the computer or switching on the "vector software". You can as well tell us you were the one that created the GTBANK logo or AFRIBANK LOGO or the MTN logo or the GLO logo or the DANGOTE logo or the ELEPHANT cement. If you had said this, I might be sucking your feet right now.  .  .

or better still, you could have answered by saying, www.gharra.com is my website. Check my online portfolio  to know why I'm collecting 100k for just a logo as a freelancer.

Logo design is just a little part of Corporate Identity which is just a part of Branding as whole. So, Iit is definitely much more that just saying you use a "vector software" or you studied Fine Art, especially if you did it Nigeria. . . Last time I checked, there's no Branding course in n Fine Art programme of Nigerian universities, I don't know about now. So, that partially renders your Fine Art background useless, though, application of colours and History of Design might sound like something you passed through in school.

BUt, if truely you get this kind of money for logo desing as a freelancer, then, it's a goldmine you dont want to be talking about here, cos some pros would take those client and use mouth to charge them 400k.  .   .   grin grin grin grin
Re: Check Out Ma Portfolio by bouzymill(m): 8:01am On Sep 04, 2010
gharra:

Why?

gharra:

i give u a logo that is design just for only you! and it will be in vector and it will come with a guideline. and[b] i studied fine art[/b] i did not get into art 'cos i was jobless it is what i ve always wanted to do and make a living out of it.

I'm really sorry but this doesn't show any professionalism to me. Let us assume you've been asked by a client how much you will charge to make a logo for his/her company or let's say a full corporate identity. the kind of answer you gave would set the person off. How much does it take to download a vector software, even the best of them, Adobe Illustrator, with the help of torrent site, to one's system? what do you mean by "I give you a logo that is designed for you"?, are you saying, you are also a professional copywriter? the fact that you studied fine art doesn't sound like an aswer to any client who will be willing to pay 100k. I'm not saying you've not done a job like that or you can't, cos definitely I don't know you. . .So, I can't judge your work.

I believe showing professionalism comes from telling us what your project process or design process is. . . what do you do before even jumping on the "vector software". It's a pity most freelance designers today just hop on the software and think yes they are designing. . . to make a lasting design just as in people like Paul rand, 60% of the work must have been done before even touching the computer or switching on the "vector software". You can as well tell us you were the one that created the GTBANK logo or AFRIBANK LOGO or the MTN logo or the GLO logo or the DANGOTE logo or the ELEPHANT cement. If you had said this, I might be sucking your feet right now. . .

or better still, you could have answered by saying, www.gharra.com is my website. Check my online portfolio to know why I'm collecting 100k for just a logo as a freelancer.

Logo design is just a little part of Corporate Identity which is just a part of Branding as whole. So, Iit is definitely much more that just saying you use a "vector software" or you studied Fine Art, especially if you did it Nigeria. . . Last time I checked, there's no Branding course in n Fine Art programme of Nigerian universities, I don't know about now. So, that partially renders your Fine Art background useless, though, application of colours and History of Design might sound like something you passed through in school.

BUt, if truely you get this kind of money for logo desing as a freelancer, then, it's a goldmine you dont want to be talking about here, cos some pros would take those client and use mouth to charge them 400k. . . grin grin grin grin
Re: Check Out Ma Portfolio by bouzymill(m): 8:10am On Sep 04, 2010
gharra:

Why?

gharra:

gharra:

1. i meant i am not going to copy and adjust already existing logo from the net for u!
2. it is what i study and i try to[b] stay innovative not copying jobs or work out of concept[/b]
3. i get a lot of jobs from people i ve worked with be4 or[b] tru referrer [/b]
4. i am use to clients that demand[b] integrity and value[/b] over just a nice work, uniqueness distinguished me.
thank u

1. I never knew you could actually copy and adjust an existing logo

2. There's even nothing Like a freelance company. . . Freelance is freelance. He/she is companyless, that is why they call it freelance. how and where do you pay tax? grin grin grin

3. That's how everyone gets jobs. But some are so established they gets jobs from people who just visited their online portfolio

4. what is integrity and value? well. . . . whatever.

I'm really sorry but this doesn't show any professionalism to me. Let us assume you've been asked by a client how much you will charge to make a logo for his/her company or let's say a full corporate identity. the kind of answer you gave would set the person off. How much does it take to download a vector software, even the best of them, Adobe Illustrator, with the help of torrent site, to one's system? what do you mean by "I give you a logo that is designed for you"?, are you saying, you are also a professional copywriter? the fact that you studied fine art doesn't sound like an aswer to any client who will be willing to pay 100k. I'm not saying you've not done a job like that or you can't, cos definitely I don't know you. . .So, I can't judge your work.

I believe showing professionalism comes from telling us what your project process or design process is. . . what do you do before even jumping on the "vector software". It's a pity most freelance designers today just hop on the software and think yes they are designing. . . to make a lasting design just as in people like Paul rand, 60% of the work must have been done before even touching the computer or switching on the "vector software". You can as well tell us you were the one that created the GTBANK logo or AFRIBANK LOGO or the MTN logo or the GLO logo or the DANGOTE logo or the ELEPHANT cement. If you had said this, I might be sucking your feet right now. . .

or better still, you could have answered by saying, www.gharra.com is my website. Check my online portfolio to know why I'm collecting 100k for just a logo as a freelancer.

BUt, if truely you get this kind of money for logo desing as a freelancer, then, it's a goldmine you dont want to be talking about here, cos some pros would take those client and use mouth to charge them 400k. . . grin grin grin grin
Re: Check Out Ma Portfolio by bouzymill(m): 8:22am On Sep 04, 2010
gharra:

Why?

gharra:

gharra:

2. it is what i study and i try to[b] stay innovative not copying jobs or work out of concept[/b]
4. i am use to clients that demand[b] integrity and value[/b] over just a nice work, uniqueness distinguished me.
thank u

2. There's even nothing Like a freelance company. . . Freelance is freelance. He/she is companyless, that is why they call it freelance. how and where do you pay tax? grin grin grin

3. That's how everyone gets jobs. But some are so established they gets jobs from people who just visited their online portfolio

Re: Check Out Ma Portfolio by bouzymill(m): 8:27am On Sep 04, 2010
gharra:

Why?

gharra:

gharra:

thank u

Re: Check Out Ma Portfolio by bouzymill(m): 8:56am On Sep 04, 2010
gharra:

Why?

gharra:

gharra:

thank u

BUt, if truely you get this kind of money for logo design as a freelancer, then, it's a goldmine you dont want to be talking about here, cos some pros would take those client and use mouth to charge them 400k. . . grin grin grin grin
Re: Check Out Ma Portfolio by bouzymill(m): 10:52pm On Sep 06, 2010

2. There's even nothing Like a freelance company. . . Freelance is freelance. He/she is companyless, that is why they call it freelance. how and where do you pay tax? Grin Grin Grin

BUt, if truely you get this kind of money for logo design as a freelancer, then, it's a goldmine you dont want to be talking about here, cos some pros would take those client and use mouth to charge them 400k. . .
Re: Check Out Ma Portfolio by flagship(m): 1:25am On Sep 07, 2010
Aseye, do you happen to know which logo won the family network contest by pan-african university? i actually entered it but they give too little information. i want to see it.
Re: Check Out Ma Portfolio by Aseye(m): 4:04pm On Sep 07, 2010
no i dont, didnt even know there was such contest, pls if you have any information about any fresh one, pls let me in on it,
Re: Check Out Ma Portfolio by flobajo: 4:04pm On Sep 07, 2010
www.tgcdirectltd.com

TGC Direct is a full-service printing company that offers customers a wide range of print services and the finest quality printing available anywhere, with affordable options to meet a variety of business printing needs. Whether it's an understated black & white document or a full-colour catalogue or brochure, you'll find a printing solution that meets your project requirements at a price you can afford.

Our digital printing service offers you the flexibility of short run full colour printing when you need it. And with virtually the same quality as litho printing, digital it is the perfect option for short run and fast turned around.

Registered Office
2 Akerele Street, Off Ikorodu road
By the Oando petrol station
Maryland, Ikeja, Lagos
Nigeria
Telephone: 234-8055190700
Re: Check Out Ma Portfolio by tripledub: 12:23am On Sep 08, 2010
Hello Graphics Parliamentarians,

Can i come in-between? I am just an interested spectator for a distance much nearer than you may think.
You guys are no doubt PROS in terms of graphics especially as it relates to logo design. But i can't exactly understand why you guys as a HOME BASED champions charge a ridiculous amount of 5k---100k for a single logo design, when our international counterparts charge even lower prices for FIRST-CLASS designs. When you place your order, You will receive,

3 Original custom logo concepts
1 Free redraw if you're not already 100% satisfied with the first set of concepts
Free revisions on your chosen concept
All print files along with editable ai file at no additional charge

To show you what i mean, see this logo design site for youself.

http://www.iigfx.net/logos-4.htm
Re: Check Out Ma Portfolio by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 08, 2010
@ Triple dub, well in my opinion , these so called " COUNTERPARTS"as you have indicated in your post are freelance designers who depend on th feed from these contracts, moroever i can't speak for everybody but i know as a designer there's more to the logo design or Brand identity process than you have indicated , that is why in ad agencies there are officials called creative directoors who function as monitors of the giving life to a brand process, therefore, a 100,000 naira for a logo which is roughly about 700 $ is justified following the due process of a brand identity
Re: Check Out Ma Portfolio by flagship(m): 7:46am On Sep 09, 2010
i couldn't agree more.
Re: Check Out Ma Portfolio by Aseye(m): 8:22am On Sep 13, 2010
well for me i would aside your personal standard, it also depends on the client you working for,

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Get Ring Light In Lagos ? / Pls Can U Help Me Review My Cd Jacket Design / My Designs With Coreldraw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.