Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final (18727 Views)

Poll: Who Will Be Crowned The U20 Female World Champions For 2010

Germany: 17% (7 votes)
Nigeria: 82% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (4 - 0) U-20 World Cup On June 4th 2015 / Nigeria Vs Congo (7 - 0): U-17 AFCON On Saturday 20 April 2013 / Nigeria Vs Colombia (3 - 0): U-17 Women's World Cup On Saturday Sept-29-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by ajileko: 9:54pm On Jul 29, 2010
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Sport/Football/5600247-146/falconets_to_face_germany_in_world.csp

Nigeria young women to face Germany in the U-20 world cup final,

Date: Sunday 1st August
Time: 2pm
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 29, 2010
Sunday will be our Day, What Nigeria Men cANNOT DO WE GONNA achieve that for naija comes this sunday.and i want to use this medium to tell Dr Goodluck jonathan to increases the Matches allowance of falconet

As per d prediction stuffz i think Octopus Paul should assist
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by sicily4u: 10:05am On Jul 30, 2010
@barnabasj

how much is there match allawonce
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by kaz4sure: 11:33am On Jul 30, 2010
there match allowance is 8,000 dollars for the 23 players, i.e about 52,000naira per player
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by hayyah(m): 11:53am On Jul 30, 2010
is going to be a very tough game for them, but they will win the match, INSHA ALLAH! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by matoyeh(m): 12:01pm On Jul 30, 2010
The allowance is too small, anyway, just achieve the cup first and see what Federal Government will do embarassed
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by Flodel(f): 12:08pm On Jul 30, 2010
amen i follow join d prayer 4 dem. but they should increase their allawee
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by ogazi007(m): 1:22pm On Jul 30, 2010
I am really proud of the girls,they have all written their names in history as the first African female team to make it to the finals.
I aint gonna ask much from them as they have already made us proud.i dont see them defeating the Germans girls.they played like their senior male team that destroyed Agentina and England.i wish our girls the best of luck all the same.
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by Fadajasi(m): 1:31pm On Jul 30, 2010
8,000 dollars=52,000 naira? Dats bull
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by adconline(m): 1:57pm On Jul 30, 2010
$8000= discrimination of the highest order. Is this money coming from the FG or a local govt councillor?
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by damilola15: 2:20pm On Jul 30, 2010
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by buzugee(m): 5:18pm On Jul 30, 2010
ogazi007:

I am really proud of the girls,they have all written their names in history as the first African female team to make it to the finals.
I aint gonna ask much from them as they have already made us proud.i dont see them defeating the Germans girls.they played like their senior male team that destroyed Agentina and England.i wish our girls the best of luck all the same.
here we go with the doom and gloom mindset. i hope this is not the mindset you use to live your life. your pessimistic and defeatist attitude is abhorrent.
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by buzugee(m): 5:20pm On Jul 30, 2010
barnabasj:

Sunday will be our Day, What Nigeria Men cANNOT DO WE GONNA achieve that for naija comes this sunday.and i want to use this medium to tell Dr Goodluck jonathan to increases the Matches allowance of falconet

As per d prediction stuffz i think Octopus Paul should assist
we no go hear word again abi ? you dey throw in sexism into the fray now abi ? grin
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by larayat(f): 6:38pm On Jul 30, 2010
ogazi007:

dats wat pple wer sayn abt d u.s team, as defendin champs bla, bla.bla, just accept it, nig gurls are makin us proud, even in d on goin african's atleetics in kenya,
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by mamagee3(f): 7:01pm On Jul 30, 2010
I can't wait for the match to take place and I hope this time I'll watch it on tv instead of trying to watch it online.

Nigeria would win the world cup!
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by SSaemoenl(m): 7:26pm On Jul 30, 2010
mama-gee:

I can't wait for the match to take place and I hope this time I'll watch it on tv instead of trying to watch it online.

Nigeria would win the world cup!

Yes, lets hopes on your predictions as you predicted the last two encounters, and we won, It seems you're now turning to be the next octopus in this tournament,  Thanks anyway for the predictions MG.
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by 5p1naz(m): 7:35pm On Jul 30, 2010
adconline:

$8000= discrimination of the highest order. Is this money coming from the FG or a local govt councillor?

hahahaahahahha now that was hilArious
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by Smi1(m): 8:07pm On Jul 30, 2010
What !! 8,000$ for 23 players that's a very small amount for international players O.M.G, I hope the FG will increase their allowance
I wish them good luck on sunday wink
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by adamse(f): 8:16pm On Jul 30, 2010
no no no!!! 52 wat?? they should better increase it o.haba.dats way too small.

good luck to them!!! of course they are winning this cup.
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by seanet02: 10:15am On Jul 31, 2010
@mamagee, i also pray we win my sister.
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by adewole123: 10:38am On Jul 31, 2010
[b]
fter months of preparations, the 13th edition of the FIFA Under 17 World Cup will kick off today with Nigeria taking on the German team in the opening match of the tournament at the National Stadium, Abuja.

Matches will be played in nine cities across Nigeria during the competition, with four on the opening day.

In the other Group A encounter, Honduras take on Argentina, with Brazil engaging Japan in a Group B showdown while Mexico and Switzerland test each other in the other Group B game.

Meanwhile, the result of the controversial Magnetic Resonance Imaging scan test undertaken yesterday by the teams to determine the actual age of the players will also be made known today.

Any player found to be over 17 years will be disqualified from the competition.

For most of yesterday, the National Stadium, Abuja, venue of today's opening match, was a beehive of activities, as finishing touches were being put to the facilities.

Last minute meetings also took place between the Nigerian Local Organising Committee and a FIFA team led by the football body's Vice President, Jack Warner.

Warner said the meeting was to address lapses noticed on arrival by the FIFA team.

He said there were challenges with sound equipment, computers and ambulances that must be available in all the stadia.

“There was no internet connectivity in several of the media centers. We need to have news for all the officers that will be on duty.

“There were challenges with the dressing rooms in one or two of the venues. We discussed all these and more and we have found a way of getting around them.

“The one major challenge that we could not overcome is that we could not get all the practice pitches ready for all the teams.

“However, we were able to come up with solutions for that. So, yes there were challenges but none that we cannot overcome like we did this morning. “But since I am one that expects more than a hundred per cent in any given assignment, I will say I am not satisfied,” Warner said.

Warner said FIFA would always to stick to its high standards in the hosting of the championship and this influenced it not to compromise in the case of Nigeria.

“I was here 10 years ago in 1999 when you hosted the U20 competition and the standards FIFA set then were no different from the one set now.

“FIFA has not lowered the bar and if somehow Nigeria wanted FIFA to do that, FIFA can't do that and I won't be part of that.

“If Egypt can host a competition and did not lower the standards there is no reason why Nigeria should. Nigeria should never expect FIFA to lower the bar.

“That to me is self-defeating and I will not allow that to happen to Nigeria. I want to say of course that FIFA maintains a certain standard and I expect Nigeria to maintain the same standard,” he said.
The LOC's Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Mainasera Ilo spoke on the movement of officers to the various centres after the meeting with the FIFA officials.

In their defence, Ilo added: “To the best of my knowledge, everybody that is supposed to be out of Abuja has gone. Also, you must realise that there are people who want to stay for the opening match before leaving for their stations.

“As at this morning (yesterday), I don't have any record of anybody that is supposed to be out that is not out.”

The MRI test uses technology that scans the arrangement of bones in the human body to determine the ages of players fielded for the tournament between 14 to 17 years, which is the stipulated age bracket for the championship.

FIFA's Secretary General, Jerome Valcke said the test was to ensure that the players are within the age bracket approved by FIFA to play in the championship.
[/b]

Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by checkefosa: 2:22pm On Jul 31, 2010
I think the Nigeria falcon should be replace with the super eagles. i hope by now the super will eagles will all be ashamed of thier self
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by RedBrick: 2:53pm On Jul 31, 2010
They've done enough already. . .
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by honeric01(m): 3:29pm On Jul 31, 2010
Do your best girls, whatever happens, una don try. i didn't give you girls any chance in the first place, so i salute the girls.
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by efoghorjos: 4:46pm On Jul 31, 2010
With discipline, team work and a bit of luck we will win the tournament and bring glory to the whole of Africa.
http://efoghorsportarena..com
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by larayat(f): 5:19pm On Jul 31, 2010
to d falconets, best of luck. smiley smiley
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by Fadajasi(m): 6:00pm On Jul 31, 2010
yeah
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by aieromon(m): 6:59pm On Jul 31, 2010
Best of luck,girls!
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by mamagee3(f): 7:39pm On Jul 31, 2010
The Nigerian falconets is the winner of the U20 World Cup.

Congratulations!!!
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by adconline(m): 7:44pm On Jul 31, 2010
8000= discrimination of the highest order. Is this money coming from the FG or a local govt councillor?

hahahaahahahha now that was hilArious

We need to protest about this disparity in compensation of female players. Could someone tell me how much Siasia's boys were paid.
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by yousouph(m): 8:51pm On Jul 31, 2010
First day of the month. First world cup trophy for our falconets. SO SHALL IT BE.
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by mamagee3(f): 10:00pm On Jul 31, 2010
^^Thank you. . .

And I pray that God should help us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Ezenwa Chinaza Wins 3 Medals For Lagos State At Weightlifting Youth Games / Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew / Kieran Trippier Joins Atletico Madrid From Tottenham On 3-Year Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.