Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,875 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

I Like Tarts: Well, Most Tarts Anyway: - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Like Tarts: Well, Most Tarts Anyway: (846 Views)

Help I Like Eba But They Say It Causes Diabetes / I Like To Eat Caviar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Like Tarts: Well, Most Tarts Anyway: by Dynisty: 7:57am On Jul 30, 2010
Dictionary Definition of Tart:
1) - a pastry shell with shallow sides, no top crust, and any of various fillings.
2) - a woman of easy virtue

1) So during 30 seconds the other day, the word up for discussion was tart. It was great having Candy join Alistair & I because we ended up talking about all kinds of different tarts. Milk tart, apple pie, lemon meringue. When Candy started boasting about her mom's African Tart which is really a German Tart, we had to put her on the spot by making us one as a first hand testimony of how good her mom's pie really is.

I gotta tell you, Candy made good on the challenge and yes it's really that good. So we thought we'd share (at least) the pictures (attached) & the recipe with you:

German Tart / Apricot Squares

2 C flour
1C confectioners’ sugar (castor sugar)
¼ tsp salt
1 tbsp cinnamon
Juice of 1 lemon and grated zest of that lemon
1 C softened butter
3 egg yolks
1 tin smooth apricot jam

Mix together all the ingredients except the apricot jam until it becomes a dough.
Take 2 thirds of the dough and flatten into a greased baking dish to ¼ inch thick
Lightly heat the jam and mix until easily spreadable. Spread this over the dough in the dish until the dough is all covered. Take the rest of the dough and grate the rest onto the top of the tart.
Put into the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 40 min.

2) The second kind of tart I don't like. In fact, I absolutely dislike it when girls or women act 'tarty' in order to get noticed by guys. You may very well get noticed but whether or not you'll be respected & valued, is a completely different story.

The thing about acting all 'tarty', is that it sends a message of easy or cheap. To me it speaks of a misunderstanding of identity & self-worth. You are valuable, much more than you may think. So valuable and loved, that Jesus was willing to pay for & purchase you with His life.

And don't forget, we are talking about the Son of God making this most expensive, priceless payment. You were created in the image of God & purchased at a very high cost, don't let anybody cheapen that. You are valuable. Share your thoughts at www.1africa.tv/blog3.php
Re: I Like Tarts: Well, Most Tarts Anyway: by iice(f): 9:34am On Jul 30, 2010
Oh dear lawd. . .i love tarts well except if it has something in it that i don't like e.g cinnamon. There are days it gets out of hand lipsrsealed
Re: I Like Tarts: Well, Most Tarts Anyway: by Dynisty: 10:28am On Jul 30, 2010
Lol try it without the cinnamon then?

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Caterer Who Knows How To Make Continental And African Dishes / Hello / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.