Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,530 members, 7,770,373 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:59 AM

More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations (26148 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood / Ways The Hymen Can Be Severed Apart From Sex And Maturbation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by r231(m): 1:38am On Jul 31, 2010
Increasing numbers of women are having taxpayer-funded ‘virginity repair operations before marriage.

There were 116 hymen replacement operations carried out on the NHS between 2005 and 2009. The total for 2009 was 30, up 25 per cent from 24 in 2005.

The health service figures, which do not include data on the religion or marital status of the individuals, seem to echo a trend reported by private clinics, which are seeing a huge surge in demand for the procedure from Muslim women paying up to £4,000.

One Harley Street clinic said that demand for its half-hour procedure had tripled in recent months.

Doctors say patients are under pressure from future husbands or relatives who insist that they should be virgins on their wedding night.

Critics, including moderate Muslim groups, have condemned the trend as a sign of the spread of Islamic fundamentalism in the West.

During the hymenoplasty procedure – viewed by some as invasive and degrading – the hymen is stitched or reconstructed so that it will tear again and bleed on the woman’s wedding night.

In some cases, the vaginal lining can be used to create a false hymen. A blood capsule can then be inserted into the lining to ensure realistic blood flow when the membrane is broken.

Consultant gynaecologist Dr Magdy Hend performs hymenoplasty under local anaesthetic at his Regency Clinic on Harley Street. He charges £1,850 for the half-hour procedure and says that most of his clients are Muslim women.

He said: ‘In the past, we would do one or two hymen reconstruction operations a week. Sometimes now, we get two or three women a day. Demand has tripled.

Our Muslim clients worry about having had sex, and their fiance and family knowing that they have been touched before.

‘It is more cultural rather than religious. If the bride is not a virgin and does not bleed on the wedding night, it is a big shame on the family. There have been honour killings in extreme cases.

‘It is simple surgery that takes only half an hour. They can have it done at lunchtime and do not have to give their real names and addresses.’

Imam Dr Taj Hargey, chairman of the Muslim Educational Centre in Oxford, called on the Muslim community to try to reverse the trend.

He said: ‘The situation is very common in the Middle East where there is a huge scandal that can lead to divorce or even honour killings if there are not bloodstained bed sheets after the wedding night.

‘It is very disappointing that Muslim women in this country feel they need to lead a double life, resorting to subterfuge surgery.

‘That is not conducive to either their psychological or spiritual health and it is hypocrisy and double standards because Muslim men are doing as they please with women.’

There have been calls for a ban on NHS surgeons carrying out the operations for women wanting to marry as virgins.

But a Department of Health spokesman insisted that hymen repair operations take place on the NHS only to ensure a patient’s physical or psychological health.

She said: ‘The NHS does not fund hymen repair operations for cultural reasons. All operations on the NHS are on the basis of clinical need.

‘Operations to repair the hymen are only carried out exceptionally to secure physical or psychological health.’
Re: More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by Kunbee: 2:02am On Jul 31, 2010
Ewooooooooooo undecided
Re: More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by double08(m): 2:12am On Jul 31, 2010
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]END TIME[/size][/size][/size]
Re: More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by Nobody: 2:18am On Jul 31, 2010
Is the hymen truly that important to prospective suitors? undecided

Speechless.
Re: More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by NaijaSisi(f): 2:49am On Jul 31, 2010
Unbelievable! lipsrsealed
Re: More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by 5p1naz(m): 3:02am On Jul 31, 2010
thats it!!! the world just ended. . . wat
Re: More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by Kunbee: 3:05am On Jul 31, 2010
Naija_Sisi:

Unbelievable! lipsrsealed

Like you wont do it undecided angry
Re: More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by iice(f): 3:49am On Jul 31, 2010
Tufia. . . grin
Re: More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by Nobody: 4:32am On Jul 31, 2010
L0l OMG! This is d height.
Re: More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by seedord247(m): 4:48am On Jul 31, 2010
Sey this Hymen of a thing na true?
Re: More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:54am On Jul 31, 2010
e wuuoooo!!!

chai, they have given naija girls the perfect solution oo.naw instead of tummy tuck and boob enlargment ops abroad, na hymen replacement.

i feel sorry for pple who value form more than content. so ur old time LovePeddler wey don run VI like 10 years will simply do this, turn instant virgin!!! grin grin grin grin chai!!! maga must always pay, men dey suffer o!!
Re: More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by hakunajay(m): 7:55am On Jul 31, 2010
Lol! I guess there's no operation that can turn the guys to virgins too? This is a crazy world!
Re: More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by philip0906(m): 9:18am On Jul 31, 2010
Shioooor!!!Mscheeeew!!!
Re: More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by Onchedu(m): 9:22am On Jul 31, 2010
Self-deception.
Re: More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by Omolola1(f): 1:35pm On Jul 31, 2010
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!! shocked
Re: More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by lordkrato(m): 2:41pm On Jul 31, 2010
Naija girls should be very excited, wink wink wink, so no be only odometer,dem dey reset, undecided undecided undecidedtotometer even join,
Re: More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by 1105(f): 2:56pm On Jul 31, 2010
^^
hehehehe, im telling u, even plantain seller around nairaland here, are involved in it~

@Topic,
WHO ARE THEY DECEIVING
Re: More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by RedBrick: 3:04pm On Jul 31, 2010
If i found out my wife was a vee-vee on my wedding night, i'll beat her black and blue
Re: More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by unitee(f): 4:13pm On Jul 31, 2010
@ poster to be honest I will never want to go through that pain twice so I wonder why some peeps would pay so much for it , I wish the money could be channeled to healing the world programs
Re: More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by deoyel25(m): 4:29pm On Jul 31, 2010
Chineke! Allah!! Osanobua!!! Dieu!!!! Olorun!!! Is this for real?
Re: More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by slex(m): 5:37pm On Jul 31, 2010
4llerbuntu:

e wuuoooo!!!

chai, they have given naija girls the perfect solution oo.naw instead of tummy tuck and bosom enlargment ops abroad, na hymen replacement.

i feel sorry for pple who value form more than content. [b][b]so your old time LovePeddler wey don run VI like 10 years will simply do this, turn instant virgin!!! grin grin grin grin chai!!! maga must always pay, men dey suffer o!![/b][/b]

Dude we are all in trouble. They just handed the whores and runs babe an easy way out in denying any form of their promiscuous lifestyle to their future hubbys, Men beware, i no trust virgin again ooo grin grin grin
Re: More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by NaijaSisi(f): 10:17am On Aug 02, 2010
Kunbee:

Like you wont do it undecided angry

God Forbid!
Re: More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 02, 2010
. . . DAYUMM!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by opuro(m): 10:48am On Aug 02, 2010
end of days abi na end of time
you mean agracha go turn to small girl
after repairing the omun and kini?
the end.
Re: More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by Kunbee: 1:56am On Aug 04, 2010
Naija_Sisi:

God Forbid!

Oniro grin
Re: More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by 0hsisi: 2:00am On Aug 04, 2010
we had a hot thread on this topic back in the days when nairaland was nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-232788.0.html
Re: More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by Gabry(f): 3:17am On Aug 04, 2010
OMG! This is insane! I will never want my virginity back after loosing it! YUCK! No way am I going through all that crap pain once again! shocked shocked shocked
Re: More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by Girl846(f): 6:38am On Aug 04, 2010
Red-Brick:

If i found out my wife was a vee-vee on my wedding night, i'll beat her black and blue

Whats rubbish! angry hiss
As if you wouldn't have known that while you were dating her. dumb!
I cant even waste my time insulting you
Re: More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by swoosh(m): 7:13am On Aug 04, 2010
Gabry:

OMG! This is insane! I will never want my virginity back after loosing it! YUCK! No way am I going through all that crap pain once again! shocked shocked shocked

shocked shocked You went through pain (as a guy) loosing your virginity?, or are you saying, ??,  
Re: More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by shanda(m): 8:13am On Aug 04, 2010
It's only a stupid guy that'll not find out that he has been scammed.
Re: More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by SALady(f): 9:24am On Aug 04, 2010
HHHEEEEHHEEE! Guys woman are on to you. Its been siad its a man's world, there you have it. They say be careful what you ask for you might just get it. Guys your prayers have been answered. So guys anytime you want a virgin wife/girlfriend we'll give you one. In fact we can be anything you want whichever way you like. Now I never want to hear a man bi-tching about my wife/girl cant do this or that. Soon enough there'll be virgins galore.

Oh! by the way there's a thread on proud virgins I wonder what is it that they going to brag about now or are they just goin to give it up. I am about to be a virgin for the SECOND time I mean how cool is that. hhaahhahaaa! she who laughs last, you might wanna finish this sentence.

AMEN
Re: More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations by MrCork1: 9:52am On Aug 04, 2010
Hymen Replacement Operations??

Is this when they remove the woman's Womanliness? pls explain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Can't Sleep For More Than 3 Hours At Night And I'm Losing Weight / 50 Almajirai Infected With COVID-19 In Kaduna / Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.