Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,629 members, 7,801,818 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar (5484 Views)

Oshiomhole's Chief-of-staff, Patrick Obahiagbon Stoned By Angry Protesters / Fayose's Motorcade Was Blocked In Ondo By Angry Youths – See What He Did / What Has This Police Man Done To Be Beaten Up Like This In Effurun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 01, 2010
[size=18pt]Nigerian nationals beaten up by angry locals in Ambedkar Nagar
[/size]

NEW DELHI: What seems to be a serious misunderstanding between locals and a group of Nigerians living in Ambedkar Colony in Chhatarpur turned ugly with cops registering a case of kidnapping against the latter under Section 366 of IPC within 24 hours. However, the south district police chose to file a case under this section even as locals claim the accused were allegedly trying to kidnap a boy. Legal experts said the section is applied only when the victim is a girl.

Obioro (34) and his Nigerian friends are angry with Delhi Police as they didnt reach in time to protect them from the angry mob on Friday night. But the allegation against their community that they eat children has hurt them the most.

We dont eat children. One has to be insane to say something like this, said Francis, a Nigerian national, who stays in the building where the incident took place.

Francis and his friends said that when the incident took place the entire lane was blocked. We couldnt escape. The mob vandalised my house and destroyed everything I had. The Indian government should do something about it.

Locals, however, said Fridays attack did not take place because of their colour, but because Obioro and his friends tried to kidnap 8-year-old Adkil, who managed to escape. People here were just trying to protect the child. We would have done the same thing if an Indian was involved, said Mohd Vakil, a local resident.

Obioro fractured his left leg as he jumped from the 2nd floor of the building and was beaten up by the mob. He underwent a surgery at AIIMS trauma centre and doctors say his condition is stable

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Nigerian-nationals-beaten-up-by-angry-locals-in-Ambedkar-Nagar/articleshow/6242101.cms
Re: Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar by philip0906(m): 7:41pm On Aug 01, 2010
Ileke-Idi was in d other post,showing her undying love 4 becomerich and slamming any body who opposed becomerich's retarded post.now she has opened a thread again(like her boo does) probably expecting becomerich 2 come in here and use his "demonic maps" 2 show us how obioro flew 4rm d window  sad
Re: Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar by MaziUche0(m): 7:43pm On Aug 01, 2010
And I care?

Indians do not like blacks. That is nothing new.

Just see how Indians treat African Americans. Or the black woman from Atlanta who got killed by her Indian husband's father, because she was black.
Re: Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 01, 2010
Too many unanswered questions! Why would they think the victim would have been eaten?
Re: Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar by sjeezy8: 8:03pm On Aug 01, 2010
^^^ why would the Nigerians kidnap in India? This is not Nigeria mehn na wa fo deez people.
Re: Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar by gilgee(m): 11:54am On Aug 02, 2010
I still don't get this stereotypical shit prevalent in the mind of an average Nigerian! Wtf!!!

Isn't it obvious enough that these allegations are mere racism tools to usurp peace in the Nigerian community resident in New Delhi? Na wah for my people o!

Yet we are praying for development in Naija when an average Nigerian finds it difficult to dissect any given situation in the most genuine and unbiased perspective.

God help us!
Re: Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar by truly: 11:59am On Aug 02, 2010
Foreigners treat ALL Nigerians - male and female - badly in Nigeria
A few years ago, an Indian company locked up Nigerians (typical and ongoing practice)  in their factory at Ikorodu
When a fire broke out, many Nigerians were killed
what happened? Oh, the company got a bigger land

It was not long ago that HFP, Julius Berger etc stopped using converted containers to transport their Nigerian workers
Go to any factory owned by foreigners and see how our countrymen are treated

A newspaper once reported that a foreigner once  threatened a Roads Safety Officer at a check point
(were I a policeman and I was there, I would kill the guy (even if he is the ambassador) first and contempplate the consequences later)
I know a Nigerian who was threatened with mortal a few years ago by the man running Lagoon Restaurant

Nigerians are third class citizens in their country!
Re: Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar by nopuqeater: 12:18pm On Aug 02, 2010
Nigerian governance needs to protect her citizenry at home from abuse and ill treatment abroad. And from Indians and others mistreatments of our women at home. Nigeria is a unique country. if our leaders have cared and we have good governance, who will go to india? What for? To spend rupies or to make that worthless paper.

Sorry. I forgot Naira has lost its luster from what I used to know; more than 2 USD for 1 Naira in the days.They leadership for over 30years have turned my beloved country to garbage. No wonder people go to places like south africa, india, trinida and tobago to name a few.

We need to wrestle Nigeria away from the clutches of the lackies and the vultures we have running our affairs. Then we need to take control of our destiny, and improve our economic health. Then get rid of the garbage foreigners in our society insulting our women in the land that God has given us. get rid of the indians and the others who amass their wealth from our communities and resources only to take it out to their far away homes and then turn around and abuse us.

We nigerians living in the west dont do it in the societies we live. We spend more of our wealth in these countries, and helping to build them, and stabilize them.

In my days who will look at the idol worshippers from Indo pakistani subcontinent. Even in college they were not so smart. So why cant Nigeria unite, develop and defend and protect her people? Am unhappy at the treatment the Nigerian received from the people who call cow god. The Nigerian Embassy needs to do something about this in whatever the capital of India is (I know it. But I dont wanna mention it (new delhi) because of my anger, sorry and sadness at the same time.
Re: Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar by Ikedonn(m): 1:01pm On Aug 02, 2010
I think it's high time we start maltreating these bunch of fools called indian national in our country Nigeria.Look at a common indian man ,here in Thailand they are so useless and poor most of them.Again,on the other hand,i think our government need to take care of our citizens no matter how bad the world may look at us.Lastly,indians are so diabolical and are evil.
Re: Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar by buzugee(m): 1:21pm On Aug 02, 2010
arent there indians living in nigeria ?
Re: Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 02, 2010
buzugee:

arent there indians living in nigeria ?
and do you ever hear of any kidnapping case against them ?
Re: Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar by buzugee(m): 1:46pm On Aug 02, 2010
~Bluetooth:

and do you ever hear of any kidnapping case against them ?
thats because nigerians are subservient slackers  grin if i was in naija, i will form a gang of 4 of my hardest childhood friends (there is more bond and loyalty with childhood friends). we will buy a van, a couple of taser guns and handcuffs). what we will do is kidnap all those rich indians in nigeria. to get released they will have to pay 200,000 pounds per head. thats not an unreasonable amount to ask for is it ?

oh BLUETOOTH i see where you are coming from with your question. ok to answer your question, i dont know much about the indian community in naija so i cant tell you if they kidnap nigerians. but what i have written above is what i will do to all those countries indigenes in nigeria who harrass nigerians in their own countries. the 2 countrys in mind for me will be india and china
Re: Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar by baslone: 1:50pm On Aug 02, 2010
If not education, wetin dem self dey find for India!
Re: Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar by redsun(m): 1:53pm On Aug 02, 2010
Imagine india too.What will a sane blackman want to be living in india for?apart from a short necessry business trips or scholarship sponsored education.
Re: Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar by EzeUche22(m): 3:33pm On Aug 02, 2010
The true fact in the matter, is that Indians look down upon blacks. Even Ghandi was a racist and seen Indians as superior to Africans when he was living in South Africa. What is even sadder, is that Nigerians have to flee to other developing countries in order to make money. That is what we should be discussing. Not the tribe, because this could be anyone.
Re: Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 02, 2010
Seriously guys. This is really annoying. The indians, the chinese, lebanese, anyone who is foreign comes to our country and treats our people like dirt and we keep standing for this. Tragic!

On a lighter note, now IF they actually used those indain kids for isi ewu, what'd the all it?
'Indie ewu', Isi indie or Indie Isi grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar by EzeUche22(m): 3:47pm On Aug 02, 2010
Babzilla:

Seriously guys. This is really annoying. The indians, the chinese, lebanese, anyone who is foreign comes to our country and treats our people like dirt and we keep standing for this. Tragic!

Do not get me started on the Lebanese!  angry They never invest in their host country, where they make their money, but they send it back to Lebanon to help rebuild their war torn country. They treat Africans like crap, from Ghana to Togo, Nigeria, Cameroon. You name it! They are there disrespecting Africans. Indians are coming in large numbers, but no expat is as bad as the Lebanese. Leaves a disgusting taste in my mouth.
Re: Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 02, 2010
EzeUche22:

Do not get me started on the Lebanese! angry They never invest in their host country, where they make their money, but they send it back to Lebanon to help rebuild their war torn country. They treat Africans like crap, from Ghan to Togo, Nigeria, Cameroon. You name it! They are there disrespecting Africans. Indians are coming in large numbers, but no expat is as bad as the Lebanese. Leaves a disgusting taste in my mouth.

Eleanor Roosevelt once said; Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. If you can't go to India and treat Indians like crap, why do Africans allow Indians to treat them like crap, right in their own countries!!
Re: Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar by EzeUche22(m): 4:11pm On Aug 02, 2010
Aigbofa:

Eleanor Roosevelt once said; Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. If you can't go to India and treat Indians like crap, why do Africans allow Indians to treat them like crap, right in their own countries!!

It is not about feeling inferior we are discussing. It is the way they treat our people like dogs. They use our women for their bodies and when they are finished with them, they throw them away. Even if they get pregnant by these people, they will not take care of them. Go to Port Harcourt and you will see this sad fact. Nigerians need to start having more pride in themselves. And we need to treat these people, just like they treat us.
Re: Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 02, 2010
EzeUche22:

It is not about feeling inferior we are discussing. It is the way they treat our people like dogs. They use our women for their bodies and when they are finished with them, they throw them away. Even if they get pregnant by these people, they will not take care of them. Go to Port Harcourt and you will see this sad fact. Nigerians need to start having more pride in themselves. And we need to treat these people, just like they treat us.

If you have any sense of pride in you, you don't allow people to use you and throw you away like a peice of dirt!!! It all boils down to a feeling of worthlessness. Anyway, enough with the Oprah talk.

What's up with the indian barbecue!!
Re: Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 02, 2010
Babzilla:

On a lighter note, now IF they actually used those indain kids for isi ewu, what'd the all it?
'Indie ewu', Isi indie or Indie Isi grin grin grin grin grin grin

Indie-ewu is more like it grin
Re: Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar by baslone: 5:21pm On Aug 02, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar by Litmus: 6:49pm On Aug 02, 2010
Always thought that Indians were an over-hyped bunch of primitives but i didn't think that they ate children.  undecided

I mean, you got ta have that sort of thing in your culture to suspect others of doing the same thing.

As for the the other thing, i have not personally met a Nigerian with inferiority complex.  Quite on the contrary, and i would add that it is dangerous to give the  impression to foreigners that Nigerians are pushovers. I remember a case in warri, i was there in person and very young, some expatriates, Germans  knocked down a boy selling oranges near one Gardenia Hotel and then came out of their Range Rover -  the sad thing was that they (the Germans) were considered  and concerned for the boy, who was not harmed by the way. But a crowed built up quickly and the Germans, two brothers, were beaten up badly. There  was a woman in the car and a little girl and they were so frightened, even though i don't much like whites the memory of their terror saddens me even more than the beaten the men received. Anyway, what saved the guys was that one section of the crowd were trying to hold back the other section who seemed hellbent on going all the way. Police eventually arrived and people dispersed.
Re: Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 02, 2010
Its so sad to c that while we cant stand each other [ hausa, yoruba, etc] We love and honour the lebanese guys who spit on us and curse us. I mean chk this out. The Nigerian man will call a lebanese, chinese or indian ' master'. @ least our brothers in the slave era were forced to call the whiteman master. We voluntarily call them master and its so annoying when Im in some supermarket and I see how the attendants rush to attend to any foreign looking person ignoring u. Hausa , yruba, Igbo. Ive noticed this trend I pray that God helps us to wake up
Re: Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar by gowaga68: 9:35pm On Aug 02, 2010
God Bless NIGERIA ,i love my country moni dey here no need to go india,i pity dem home non of our guys die sha?
Re: Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar by infobox: 1:27am On Aug 03, 2010
Those Indians are crazy. Why would they want to eat an Indian? Yet they troupe here in droves looking for greener pastures. If perchance they are head in an organization, they'll want to maltreat Nigerians. Not to worry, they'll soon find it hot in Naija.
Re: Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar by Okijajuju1(m): 7:48am On Aug 03, 2010
So kidnapping don reach India?!

I wonder how many Trillion rupees dem for charge as ransom??
Re: Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar by Ranoscky(m): 8:01am On Aug 03, 2010
21st century, n some dude's stil under dilusion. I'm just sorry for dia kids!
Re: Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar by kanna84: 11:28am On Aug 03, 2010
Its very bad, society in trouble,
Re: Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar by mukina2: 2:04pm On Aug 03, 2010
THis thread has been cleaned

If anyone starts anything here again, they will be banned.
Re: Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar by Nixo: 3:07pm On Aug 03, 2010
@Post, What re they looking for up and down

Senseless thread, moderator pls take note! wink wink wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cement Decrease Very Difficult - Dangote / A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. / Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.