Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,818 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Election Results: Nationwide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Election Results: Nationwide (28509 Views)

Official Thread for Elections Results Nationwide / Revelation Prophet Reveals Election Results.. / INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Go Down)

Election Results: Nationwide by bioye(m): 8:43pm On Apr 14, 2007
Election Results Nationwide

Announce and share results of voting here. Please, specify the source of the information and whether it is official or unofficial.
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by Seun(m): 9:02pm On Apr 14, 2007
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by babasin(m): 9:31pm On Apr 14, 2007
Seun,
common, you know INEC will never put any genuie result their site. They did in 2003, good that Tinubu was alert!
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by kaypumpin: 10:00pm On Apr 14, 2007
the results are not yet result
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by Christino(m): 10:03pm On Apr 14, 2007
Seun:

Watch this page: http://www.inecnigeria.org/index.php?cateid=47&contid=265

The things i can see on that site are marquees showing what INEC clearly lack (.,.grity, .,.,dibility and so on) grin
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by 9ja4eva: 10:12pm On Apr 14, 2007
LOL

Not out yet.
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by Douzy(m): 10:15pm On Apr 14, 2007
INEC had already advised people to disregard the results on their website, as some hackers are capable of posting fake or inconclusive results on the site. Hence, I guess the results would only be posted on the site after the complete results have been announced via other media (TV, Radio, etc).
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by fstranger: 10:25pm On Apr 14, 2007
election results cancelled.
source, CNN
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by 9ja4eva: 10:25pm On Apr 14, 2007
LOL,

U kidding me right?
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by Christino(m): 10:25pm On Apr 14, 2007
Douzy:

INEC had already advised people to disregard the results on their website, as some hackers are capable of posting fake or inconclusive results on the site. Hence, I guess the results would only be posted on the site after the complete results have been announced via other media (TV, Radio, etc).
shocked

INEC scared of hackers? Good lord cheesy makes it even more interesting, source pls?
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by 9ja4eva: 10:27pm On Apr 14, 2007
Dnt mind INEC.Am waiting for the result on their site.They are scared people will get to see the real winners incase they want to change after publishing.LOL
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by Douzy(m): 10:28pm On Apr 14, 2007
Christino:

shocked

INEC scared of hackers? Good lord cheesy makes it even more interesting, source please?

One of the Commissioners here in Abuja noted that, while fielding questions from journalists yesterday. It was on TV.
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by vikiviko(m): 11:11pm On Apr 14, 2007
The elections were relatively peaceful on the island,Ikoyi, obalende, Falomo, victoria island, Awolowo Road, Dolphin Estate, Ikeja, Surulere , Ajengunle , Apapa , Costain, Bariga and others.

In obalende voting didn't start till 10.30am in some polling boot while others started 11am.
Results in some of the booths in obalende shows that the Action Congress leads handsomely.PDP comes second, DPA is third.While the Labour Party is Fourth.
Other Parties like Accord, ANPP, APGA, PPA ,  FRESH had one or two votes respectively in obalende, Dolphin , ikoyi and Victoria island.
So far, the AC to me is leading on the island.
Sincerely speaking it will be a shock to me if PDP wins the Guber race in Lagos.
Party Agents of some the parties were paid from 1200 to 2500 naira.
The Action Congress did well in taking care of there Polling agents, they were given 2500 respectively. In between the elctions they were served Fried riceand chicken, a bottle of soft drink and water.
The PDP also took care of its agents well. They given a plate of rice and chicken with drinks

DPA is the only party that paid its agent before the start of the elections.They were paid 2500 naira.

Labour party was the party that paid the least, with 1200 naira only. some of the agents i spoke with promised not work for labour party in the forthcoming presidential elections.

The Action Congress was the only party that motivated decided and undecided voters who camre to vote at each polling booth in obalende, Dolphin and Ikoyi. Some of the Voters were given 100 Naira free recharge cards for MTN, CELTEL and GLO.
Reports just got to me that PDP has won 15 of the 20 local governemnt councils we have in lagos.

I had a parleychat with representatives of the British High Commission concerning the elections. They were at obalende at about 2.30 pm.They said the elections were okay but it started late.

Lest i forget one startling thing i saw at the polling booth were uniformed men.I can identify the Police, Army , Custom , Navy, Air force, Immigration but the NDLEA at a Polling booth was shocking.The question i asked is if they were here to arrest drug traffickers.The size and presence of Military personnel was a swipe.

Two Persons were feared dead in the lagos island area of Evans.

Most people didn't vote because there names were not found in the registration book.

I have Pictures which i shall post to the forum on Monday.

While we wait for the results from INEC lets pray for God's Mercy.
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by 9ja4eva: 11:14pm On Apr 14, 2007
Looks like the elections were peaceful.
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by Mariory(m): 11:26pm On Apr 14, 2007
More or less except in Rivers.
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by babasin(m): 11:30pm On Apr 14, 2007
here is the final words:

State elections in Nigeria have been marred by late opening of polling stations, missing ballot papers and in some areas violence and intimidation.

, OBJ and Opposition:
President Olusegun Obasanjo said he thought polling had gone relatively well but the opposition said there were widespread irregularities and fraud

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6554461.stm
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by Angybabe(f): 12:06am On Apr 15, 2007
Thanks Viviko for your update.
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by Nobody: 12:19am On Apr 15, 2007
Hmmmm?

Rivers State.

Some areas like borokiri district got ballot papers about 3.30p.m, while some others got none. Places like Ahoda, ballot boxes where stolen.

I also hear that militants hijacked a vehicle conveying ballot papers, burnt down police stations, release prisoners and killed police men. Leaving casualties.

Terrible I must say.
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by spaceworld: 12:36am On Apr 15, 2007
vikiviko
You are giving wrong info infact i was suprise by the Nigeriannews.com too, no clear result yet, Koro was alledging rigging by AC and from information i have from AC representative at each LG collation center Ac had won Mushin, Agege, Ifako-Ijaiye, Alimosho(GOS was the person that MAN this LG) so the result will be the real, About Ten to twelve LG Ac had won and all are waiting to go to YABA central collation center For general result , AC is leading in most LG so pls don't miss inform people and be factual, i got this info from AC party agent that are representing the party at LG level

We hope for the best to come
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by fstranger: 1:22am On Apr 15, 2007
spaceword, how can you be so stupid to believe a subjective result as fact.
Just think a little bit before posting nonsense.
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by donan(m): 1:56am On Apr 15, 2007
fstranger,
why are u taking spaceworld's comments so personal, abi ur party has been marginalized in the report? mind u everybody is just giving his opinion. If u have gone through the news, u will see that Nigeriannews.com result is different from sunnews result and they are both reporting on one thing.Meaning to say, this results are not that genuine, so allow everybody to post his opinion pleaaassssse!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by IBDat(m): 2:06am On Apr 15, 2007
fstranger:

spaceword, how can you be so stupid to believe a subjective result as fact.
Just think a little bit before posting nonsense.

haha tak am easy nw o! nah innocent post he no de force am down yo throat!
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by demmy(m): 2:22am On Apr 15, 2007
Polls: Fashola, Fayemi, Ajimobi, Daniel lead 15/4/2007

By Our Reporters
Action Congress (AC) standard-bearers in Lagos and Ekiti states, Mr Babatunde Fashola and Dr Kayode Fayemi and their All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) counterpart in Oyo, Senator Abiola Ajimobi, shot into an early lead yesterday as results of the governorship election began trickling in.

Fashola comfortably led the polls in most parts of Lagos where results had been announced last night, while Fayemi was ahead in 12 of the 16 local government areas of Ekiti State.

In Oyo, Ajimobi led in Ibadan and Ibarapa, while his Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) opponent, Chief Adebayo Alao-Akala was ahead in Ogbomoso.

The duo were in a neck-to-neck race in Oyo town. Results were yet to come in from Oke-Ogun at press time last night.

However, from all indications, Ajimobi is likely to win in Oke-Ogun because of the Governor Rashidi Ladoja factor. Ladoja is backing Ajimobi whom he directed all his supporters to vote for before the election.

Ajimobi’s performance in Ibadan-Ibarapa can be attributed to the Ibadan elders’ factor as well as his being a son of the soil. The elders had before the polls expressed dissatisfaction with President Olusegun Obasanjo’s handling of the Oyo State crisis and chided him or treating Chief Lamidi Adedibu with kid gloves.

In Lagos, Fashola was followed by the Democratic

Peoples Alliance (DPA) candidate, Mr. Jimi Agbaje, who against all odds was ahead of his PDP (PDP) counterpart, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro.

At Alimoso, Ejigbo, Kosofe, Ikeja, Lagos Mainland, Lagos Island, Ojo, Eti-Osa, Agege, Apapa, Epe, Somolu and Surulere local governments, where results in some wards had been declared, Fashola was in the lead.

Last night, political pundits observed that if the trend continues, Fashola looked good to succeed his boss, Governor Bola Tinubu.

Yesterday, voters turned out in large numbers to vote in the governorship and Houses of Assembly polls.

The exercise was peaceful in many parts of the state, while there were reports of violence and malpractices in other places.

At Jakande Estate, Isolo, in Ejigbo Local Government Area, the election started behind schedule due to the late arrival of officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

At Ojo where there was an impressive turn-out, INEC officials had a hectic time controlling the voters. At Olugbemi Estate, Olojo Drive, Idi-Orogbo, Alaba-Rago, Okoko, Ijanikin, Igbo-Elerin and Iba township, the voters waited patiently, even when it started raining around 3p.m., to cast their votes.

In Ekiti, there was no election in Igbimo-Ekiti, while the house of a former deputy speaker in the House of Assembly, Mr. Taiye Olatunbosun, was reportedly burnt.

The incident, it was learnt, followed plans to rig the election in the area.

One person each was reportedly killed in Oye-Ekiti and Ikere-Ekiti, while a traditional ruler was fingered for arranging thugs to vote at Are-Ekiti.

In Ogun State Governor Daniel was said to be leading in most of the local goverments were results having been counted.

http://www.thenationonlineng.com/dynamicpage.asp?id=16289
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by OmoEko1(f): 2:23am On Apr 15, 2007
What about Ondo State angry angry angry angry
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by sin(m): 2:38am On Apr 15, 2007
am sitting here thinking that at least the major media in nigeria will dedicate thier web site to bringing the result live but alas, i cant get any.
can anyone tell me how i can monitor results live
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by OmoEko1(f): 2:52am On Apr 15, 2007
sin:

am sitting here thinking that at least the major media in Nigeria will dedicate their web site to bringing the result live but alas, i can't get any.
can anyone tell me how i can monitor results live
what are you monitoring? The election results. lol are we talking about this same Nigeria. My advice to you is go and sleep becos the results are not coming anytime soon grin grin grin
grin grin
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by 9ja4eva: 3:22am On Apr 15, 2007
INEC admits massive rigging in Ondo
By Agency reporter
Published: Sunday, 15 Apr 2007

The Resident Electoral Commissioner of the Independent National Electoral Commission in Ondo State, Mr. Josiah Nwazuruonye, has confirmed that election into the state House of Assembly and governorship election were massively rigged by politicians.

Nwazuruonye told the News Agency of Nigeria on Saturday in Akure, that INEC was yet to decide whether to cancel the election in Akure and other areas where elections were rigged.

”We are still collating reports from our field officers in the 18 local government areas of the state,” he said.

He said that the outcome of the reports would enable INEC to take a conclusive decision.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20070415340584

Sounds good
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by spaceworld: 5:56am On Apr 15, 2007
Fstranger,

Now who is telling lie, or who carry the day ur PDP or AC in Lagos, learn to follow fast tarck news hot news not dem saydem say news, Ok

Only God knows who removed my earlier msg to u, read it and cry like a fowl, headless entity, smiley grin grin smiley
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by nigeria1: 6:24am On Apr 15, 2007
I just need to ask a question, what is democracy, Is rigging fair ? It is not right to remove Agbaje picture from the poll, that is rigging to your face, Trying to favour some candidate, So if Lagos figure have been rigging, what should happen to the election in Lagos ?? It should be conducted in a better environment, where there is not rigging and everybody picture appear, Remove some people picture is rigging,
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by 9ja4eva: 7:27am On Apr 15, 2007
The results are not out yet.
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by fellow(m): 8:02am On Apr 15, 2007
In ogun state, the elections were widely rigged as ballot boxes where carted away and no other party agent was present at the INEC headquaters in abeokuta except the PDP. Its a shame that OBJ lost his ward which was confirmed yesterday evening but now he was been adjudged to have won his ward this morning

The wide spread rigging is one to many all over the federation
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by babasin(m): 8:14am On Apr 15, 2007

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11)

Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims / Dangote Pays Condolence Visit To Late Tony Anenih's Family In Abuja(photos / Money From The North Used In Developing Western, Eastern Regions- Ango Abdullahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.